To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

tff the future/any future?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on World Cup (TFFWC), European Championships (TFFEC) and Champions League, Europe (TFFE) Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph.
Dumbledore

Re: tff the future/any future?

Post by 12345678 »

bloggie wrote: 03 Jul 2018, 09:42 I won the TFF CL just gone without defence block switches albeit PSG defence scored highly who most people up there would have had anyway plus contending the golden boot in the process then had just an averagely good mixed defence in the knockout stages. Not that the defence switches aren't viable in certain scenarios as Sandor has shown in the group stages.
yes a run on one defence and under performing of others could challenge the blocks in an unusual year, additionally less transfers would reduce the gain of block defences, not sure how transfer totals compare in the 2x comps, think the check back of fixtures, e.g. weds to tues probably makes the cl effect a bit less than tff wc but still think a block switcher is heavy odds on, maybe going too far to say you cannot win CL without blocks (other than starting with one i mean) whereas i don't think it is in tff wc.

zipnolan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Ex FISODAS champ; 2009 TFF 95th, MOTW and TFF cup qtr finalist, TFFO 78th, FPL 346th. And a lot of rubbish.

Re: tff the future/any future?

Post by zipnolan »

Just wanted to put the comparison with the Sun WC game in a bit of perspective. I don't mind TFF's being criticised, but the Sun's game is at least as much of a joke (I would say more).

- The current leaders of the the Sun game have heavily Brazil-blocked defences. Actually the very top ones have 6 or 7 Brazil players in them.
- You can say that the limited number of transfers stops a player doing a lot of block shifts en masse, but the fact remains that in the end a block defence is highly likely to win.
- This is compounded by the daft-as-a-brush bonus system, which means that defenders get clean sheet bonuses and, pretty much as long as they stay on the field and touch the ball a bit they pick up 3 bonus points for doing little more than they did for getting clean sheets.
- Goalkeeper bonuses are barmy too, adding to the block defence approach. They get awarded points for any penalty misses in the match, whether they came close to a save or not. Likewise in penalty shoot-outs their rating is increased for every missed penalty, and defender ratings seem to go up more for scoring in a shoot-out than strikers / midfielders.

All of this adds up to a dependence on blocks at least as severe as the Telegraph game. In theory the restriction on teams per person helps avoid massive permutation abuse, but of course various families are busy entering ten teams each member as per normal.

Lots of good suggestions here as to how truly to improve the game, but in the end the Tele want multi-money and they don't really care who wins, so long as the post-win interview doesn't imply the winner had a huge wodge of teams in play, but just got lucky.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “International Telegraph Fantasy Football Games”