To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

TFF chit chat 26th, 27th and 28th January

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph (TFF). Please post general messages about players etc that are non-specific to TFF on the 'Team News' Forum.
morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

TFF chit chat 26th, 27th and 28th January

Post by morganb »

Friday 26th January

Yeovil 19:55 Manchester United

Manchester United travel to Huish Park for Friday's FA Cup fourth-round tie. How stong a team will be fielded and will Sanchez make his debut in this match as Mourinho has confirmed he will be in the squad for Friday's game at Yeovil.

Saturday 27th January

Peterborough 12:30 Leicester

Flangtastic Saturday's early fixture sees the Foxes travel 43 miles down the A47 to Peterborough. In the last round Leicester were taken to a replay by Fleetwood with Mahrez captaining the team for the replay.

Huddersfield 15:00 Birmingham

Uddersfield welcome Birmingham to the Kirklees. Birmingham lie in the lower reaches of the Championship so Wagner might field a weakened team as he should have one eye on his team's league position.

Middlesbrough 15:00 Brighton & Hove Albion

The Seagulls are away this week against Boro who lie just outside the play off places in the Championship. Brighton put Palace out in the last round but I'd expect a weakened team this time around especially as Brighton striker Glenn Murray and his wife have been arrested on suspicion of tax fraud!

Notts County 15:00 Swansea

The rock bottom Welsh Wizards from Wales would have been buoyed by Monday's win over Liverpool but surely they will see Premier League survival as their main priority this season. Today they are against Notts County who lie in the automatic promotion spots in League Two.

* Southampton 15:00 Watford

The first of the all-Prem games sees the Hornets travel to deepest, darkest Hampshire. Watford will be thankful to have new manager Javi Gracia in charge of his first game. Southampton are bottom three so may have other priorities.

Wigan 15:00 West Ham

The mighty Wigan, despatchers of the Cherries, now turn their sights on to the Hammers. Andy Carroll, and possibly Lanzini, are injured so even though Moysie doesn't fancy Chicharito he's likely to start here.

Newport County 17:30 Tottenham Hotspur

Saturday's later match sees Harry and his bucketful of door blowing equipment travel to League Two Newport. Kane is unlikely to start today's game but Poch will probably field a handful of first teamers.

* Liverpool 19:45 West Bromwich Albion

Saturday's final match sees the second All-Prem game of the day where Klippity welcomes the Baggies to Anfield. Both teams will be preoccupied by the League so we might see 22 bench-warmers turn out here.

Sunday 28th January

* Chelsea 13:30 Newcastle

Sunday's early fixture is yet another All-Premier affair where Rafa the gaffer takes his Magpies to Stamford Bridge where Chelsea are still smarting after being unceremoniously dumped out of the EFL Cup in mid-week. Willian injured for this one.

Cardiff 16:00 Manchester City

Sunday's late fixture features yet another Welsh team welcoming run away League leaders Man City. Surely City will look to rest players, especially Aguero, as you'd expect a B team to see off Cardiff.

Also, a reminder that the following Prem teams are already out:

Everton
Burnley
Stoke
Arsenal
Crystal Palace
Bournemouth

And finally, there is a full fixture list in midweek...

littlefeller
Treebeard
FS Record: Sportsbox World Cup winner 2010
7th place TFF 2017

Re: TFF chit chat 26th, 27th and 28th January

Post by littlefeller »

Hoping that City sign this Laporte fellow. Bit of rotation in the city defence wouldn't go amiss for the chasing pack 😶

Shearer
Kevin and Perry

Post by Shearer »

Completely off topic........ but does anyone on here know anything about Football Index?

littlefeller
Treebeard
FS Record: Sportsbox World Cup winner 2010
7th place TFF 2017

Post by littlefeller »

Shearer wrote: 25 Jan 2018, 21:25 Completely off topic........ but does anyone on here know anything about Football Index?
I looked at it briefly once. Buying and selling players like a stock commodity. I didn't bother with it but it might be ok.

Troopon
Treebeard

Post by Troopon »

Are people bringing in Sanchez if he starts tonight ( think he will).

Even if Kane, Aguero etc don’t start we will only get the 1 game but you just know he will be hungry to impress from the off. 2 transfers too much for me for that I think.

Canaryfan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF Best Finish: 28th

Post by Canaryfan »

Normally I would have lost at least a player or two in the 3rd round, so manufacturing a transfer for the 4th round would be feasible. However, with all players still standing I can't justify taking out someone who may play later in the weekend, so it's a behind the sofa evening for me today.

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

Troopon wrote: 26 Jan 2018, 08:35 Are people bringing in Sanchez if he starts tonight ( think he will).

Even if Kane, Aguero etc don’t start we will only get the 1 game but you just know he will be hungry to impress from the off. 2 transfers too much for me for that I think.
Presumably only worth bringing in if you plan to keep him.

morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Post by morganb »

Sanchez is 7.0 - the same price as Kane. In TFF he is a striker whereas FPL still have him as a midfielder. If the fantasy powers that be can't agree where he plays I'd not rush to put him in especially as he's just joined a new team. However fortune favours the brave...

SPR
Dumbledore

Post by SPR »

In TFF terms, he is where and the price he is because of the points he has accumulated in the past. Last season he was a must have at £6m in midfield. I think the question may be when to get him as I see no reason why he won't be scoring heavily by April.

Of course Kane, Aguero, Lukaku, Morata, etc could all be scoring heavily as well so there may be choices.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Canaryfan wrote:Normally I would have lost at least a player or two in the 3rd round, so manufacturing a transfer for the 4th round would be feasible....... I can't justify taking out someone who may play later in the weekend

You need to take out an expensive player who got knocked out in round 3 - how about Sanchez at Arsenal?

pottster
Dumbledore
FS Record: Regularly finishing in the top 100

Post by pottster »

I'd be more interested in bringing in Lingard, if he starts, cos if Sanchez clicks I think he will be good for Lingard points potential and it's slightly easier to fit a 3.8m player in

LenH
Grumpy Old Man

Post by LenH »

Wait and see for me on Sanchez as well but I am very tempted.

Troopon
Treebeard

Post by Troopon »

Looking again

If Sanchez starts you could swap Kane for Sanchez and pray Kane doesn't play tomorrow (if he does suck it up and transfer back). Then leave Sanchez in for the spurs vs utd midweek game and you'll get him vs Huddersfield as a bonus game before Kane comes back against Liverpool Sunday 4th Feb. Effective 3-1 provided Kane doesn't play in the cup. Big if so probably still not worth the risk.

SamD
FISO Knight

Friday flight

Post by SamD »

Man Utd squad of 19 on plane to Yeovil cup tie:

Sergio Romero
Joel Pereira

Kieran O'Hara
Chris Smalling
Marcos Rojo
Victor Lindelof
Ashley Young
Luke Shaw
Matteo Darmian

Scott McTominay
Nemanja Matic
Michael Carrick
Ander Herrera
Angel Gomes
Juan Mata
Jesse Lingard

Alexis Sanchez
Marcus Rashford
Romelu Lukaku

David de Gea, Antonio Valencia, Phil Jones, Daley Blind, Marouane Fellaini, Paul Pogba and Anthony Martial were not spotted by MEN photographers:
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... t-14205342

buttonphobic
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: a 2nd and 9th place in TFF

Post by buttonphobic »

murf wrote: 26 Jan 2018, 12:00
Canaryfan wrote:Normally I would have lost at least a player or two in the 3rd round, so manufacturing a transfer for the 4th round would be feasible....... I can't justify taking out someone who may play later in the weekend

You need to take out an expensive player who got knocked out in round 3 - how about Sanchez at Arsenal?
:lol:

murf
FISO Viscount

Re: Friday flight

Post by murf »

SamD wrote:Man Utd squad of 19 on plane to Yeovil cup tie:

Sergio Romero
Joel Pereira

Kieran O'Hara
Chris Smalling
Marcos Rojo
Victor Lindelof
Ashley Young
Luke Shaw
Matteo Darmian

Scott McTominay
Nemanja Matic
Michael Carrick
Ander Herrera
Angel Gomes
Juan Mata
Jesse Lingard

Alexis Sanchez
Marcus Rashford
Romelu Lukaku

David de Gea, Antonio Valencia, Phil Jones, Daley Blind, Marouane Fellaini, Paul Pogba and Anthony Martial were not spotted by MEN photographers:
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... t-14205342
Not spotted by photographers. Hmmm..... how reliable are their observational skills? Oh well, at least we know Fellaini wasn't there.

buttonphobic
Grumpy Old Man

Post by buttonphobic »

Does anyone think Willian's injury makes Hazard a more likely starter this weekend?

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

buttonphobic wrote: 26 Jan 2018, 17:04 Does anyone think Willian's injury makes Hazard a more likely starter this weekend?
Wouldn't have thought it would have a huge bearing -he'll rest who he wants to. Only thing is if he was banking on some experience in Will.i.am.injured and looks to Hazard instead - unlikely but marginally possible.

buttonphobic
Grumpy Old Man

Post by buttonphobic »

murf wrote: 26 Jan 2018, 17:20
buttonphobic wrote: 26 Jan 2018, 17:04 Does anyone think Willian's injury makes Hazard a more likely starter this weekend?
Wouldn't have thought it would have a huge bearing -he'll rest who he wants to. Only thing is if he was banking on some experience in Will.i.am.injured and looks to Hazard instead - unlikely but marginally possible.
Of course I was forgetting Fabregas is back and they've also now got Barcley. Although only Batshuayi up front!

Canaryfan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF Best Finish: 28th

Post by Canaryfan »

Canaryfan wrote: 26 Jan 2018, 09:23 Normally I would have lost at least a player or two in the 3rd round, so manufacturing a transfer for the 4th round would be feasible. However, with all players still standing I can't justify taking out someone who may play later in the weekend, so it's a behind the sofa evening for me today.
I may not have worded my previous post very well, but all of my players are still in the Cup this year.

buttonphobic
Grumpy Old Man

Post by buttonphobic »

Canaryfan wrote: 26 Jan 2018, 17:41
Canaryfan wrote: 26 Jan 2018, 09:23 Normally I would have lost at least a player or two in the 3rd round, so manufacturing a transfer for the 4th round would be feasible. However, with all players still standing I can't justify taking out someone who may play later in the weekend, so it's a behind the sofa evening for me today.
I may not have worded my previous post very well, but all of my players are still in the Cup this year.
The same here although only in theory :(

ChrisD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ChrisD »

And so it begins. None of my players involved. Sanchez starts. Lingard and Lukaku on the bench.
#mufc XI vs. Yeovil Town: Romero, Darmian, Lindelof, Rojo, Shaw, Carrick, Herrera, Mata, McTominay, Alexis, Rashford

mike_d99
Grumpy Old Man
Location: cut down like a vegetable by your hard kickin mother who's an animal
FS Record: 269th TFF 08/09, 11th TFFO 08/09, 49th TFFE 08/09, 50th Elephant 10/11, 92nd Sky Sports 10/11

Post by mike_d99 »

Sanchez starts. I really want to bring him in but I generally have Aguero and Kane in my teams, both of which could score big this weekend. In midfield I have the likes of Salah, Sterling, de Bruyne and even if I wanted to swap one it would take two transfers. Can't see a way to do it.

SPR
Dumbledore

Post by SPR »

I'm considering Kane :arrow: Sanchez, then Lukaku :arrow: Kane if he plays on Saturday or in three games time.

Mourinho comments putting doubt in my mind though.

Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho, speaking to BBC Match of the Day: "Alexis Sanchez had a couple of training sessions with us. He was not in his best condition but we think the best way for him to adapt and recover his normal fitness is to play. He loves to play and wants to play. For us it is not about Alexis it is about the match and the FA Cup. The FA Cup can have an incredible day tomorrow, but hopefully not tonight.

"I love the feeling of the Cup but I love the fact we have travelled far and brought Manchester United to a place we are not coming often.

"We were speaking about it [a new deal] for quite a time but no pressure as the club know clearly that I want to stay. This is where I want to be and where I love to be."
Last edited by SPR on 26 Jan 2018, 19:05, edited 1 time in total.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

mike_d99 wrote: 26 Jan 2018, 18:56 Sanchez starts. I really want to bring him in but I generally have Aguero and Kane in my teams, both of which could score big this weekend. In midfield I have the likes of Salah, Sterling, de Bruyne and even if I wanted to swap one it would take two transfers. Can't see a way to do it.
Can't see a way of doing it sensibly. Am toying with doing a large 'whoever starts in each flange' daisy chain in one team with a few transfers but even then who do I dare take out? Kane ? Only to get him straight back in when/if he starts?

buttonphobic
Grumpy Old Man

Post by buttonphobic »

SPR wrote: 26 Jan 2018, 19:01 I'm considering Kane :arrow: Sanchez, then Lukaku :arrow: Kane if he plays on Saturday or in three games time.
Aye it's a conundrum. He who dares wins....some of the time!!!

SPR
Dumbledore

Post by SPR »

It would have been great as the last fixture.

buttonphobic
Grumpy Old Man

Post by buttonphobic »

SPR wrote: 26 Jan 2018, 19:01 I'm considering Kane :arrow: Sanchez, then Lukaku :arrow: Kane if he plays on Saturday or in three games time.

Mourinho comments putting doubt in my mind though.
.... For us it is not about Alexis it is about the match and the FA Cup.

Who is he kidding. This match is all about Alexis, his opputunity to grab a hatful and rub Pep's nose in it.
Now back to the conundrum :?

Cassius
Treebeard

Post by Cassius »

Is Kane to Sanchez a massive tinker given the fact that Kane might not play against Newport and then spurs have some tricky fixtures against Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool?

SPR
Dumbledore

Post by SPR »

Cassius wrote: 26 Jan 2018, 19:19 Is Kane to Sanchez a massive tinker given the fact that Kane might not play against Newport and then spurs have some tricky fixtures against Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool?
Well this was what I was thinking, although Kane can score against anyone.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF)”