To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Live off-line Face to Face Draft money league - Southampton

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy National Football League (American Football) games
bluelionman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won a week in TFC once many years ago. Came 3rd over all once in First Downs fantasy NFL newspaper magazine game.

Live off-line Face to Face Draft money league - Southampton

Post by bluelionman »

Calling all fantasy NFL fans - I am part of a group of NFL enthusiasts who love fantasy football. For many years we competed in online leagues but 3 years ago started doing a live face to face offline draft with a kit (board and stickers) imported from America. To make it serious and worth traveling from afar for we made it a money league with an entry fee of £100 per team. Each of the first 3 years the live draft was based in East Surrey (Redhill) but this year is in a private room hired in a hotel in Southampton (Hampshire). The first 3 years we have had 16 entrants - some returners, some newbies each year. What surprised me was how far some have come to be a part of this league - first year a guy flew in from France - last 2 seasons (and last seasons Champion) flew in from Ireland - and is returning this year to defend his title.

Now the reason for posting here is the draft is set for Sat. September 2nd and we only have 9 sign ups for this year so far - so it's time to throw it open to all (as existing and past players have had plenty of time to re-commit if they wanted to). If any one here is interested to know more please follow the link posted which goes to a thread about this league on our own website (TheFanPub) which one of the existing players set up so we can communicate with one another plus discuss all things American sports and fantasy game wise. The TFP community has grown where one of the players from this league set up a second live offline draft league based in the Midlands and many of us are in other online leagues together and through the TFP website we organise meet ups a few times a year - usually around Thanksgiving, IS games, Wild-Card Saturday and Super Bowl itself - usually in London or Greater London.

Please come and look at the website and join in the chatter and ask any questions - even better tell your friends if you think they might be interested in joining any of the leagues.

http://forum.thefanpub.com/t/tfp-origin ... eague/1055

MOD EDIT: as always, think carefully about handing money over to people you don't know.
Last edited by bluelionman on 08 Aug 2017, 11:37, edited 2 times in total.

bluelionman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won a week in TFC once many years ago. Came 3rd over all once in First Downs fantasy NFL newspaper magazine game.

Re: Live off-line face to face draft money league

Post by bluelionman »

The MOD is right but I am find able on NFLUK.com forums as 'bluelionman' and most of us from this league on TFP are find able on both twitter and Facebook.

Plenty of chaps on both those forums been doing my money leagues online for years in cycling, cricket, football, F1 and NFL that am sure would be more than happy to reference me. Reason I'm not so known at FISO is this the NFL boards always seem dead and the other sports I'm just not in the class of the pro's here fantasy wise - find it hard to compete.

Any way feel free to ask any questions and have a surf around at TheFanPub.com - we're a friendly bunch and you just might find something American Sports wise related that interests you even if not this particular live draft money league. Often plenty of free online NFL leagues being set up and advertised over there to as the season draws nearer. 8-)

http://forum.thefanpub.com/

Rick Spangle
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFC 2012 T20 - 3rd in runs league

Re: Live off-line Face to Face Draft money league - Southampton

Post by Rick Spangle »

Just a shoutout to the fantasy sports chairman legend that is Bluelionman - I've known him for years - he runs all sorts of fantasy games and there's never a problem. All scrupulously fair and above board. I'm not around for this particular draft due to a prior engagement, but I definitely recommend it - a fun day out with like-minded folks and the possibility of some hard cash at the end of the year - what's not to like?
(Also, he's right about the pulse-rate of the FISO NFL boards...)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy NFL”