To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Devil Run

A forum for general discussion on Health and Fitness issues and topics such as well-being
Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Devil Run

Post by Ashers »

Evening,

I have some how managed to get myself involved in a Devil Run on the 17th September.

Only one slight issue here, fitness! I personally haven't run more than 1m for over 10 years and now only have 5 weeks to get fit enough for this. On top of this, I need to build up core strength and get swimming. What have I let myself in for?

Any advice on how to get fit in 5 weeks would be appreciated

I taking part for a great cause which is Pied Piper Appeal which looks after sick children and this is close to my heart for a number of reasons. (PM me if you would like more info)

http://www.piedpiperappeal.co.uk

If anyone would like to sponsor our group, the link is as follows and would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ ... =pfp-share

Details from the website:

DEVIL MUD RUN is a hardcore, hilly 8 kilometre course featuring over 31 obstacles and gives you the chance to run across open, rugged countryside, through woods with plenty of mud and water thrown in!

Whether you’re competing on your own or in a group, participants of the Devil Mud Run will need true grit and determination to complete the course as both physical and mental strength, skill and stamina will be put to the test. To complete the course you will have to jump, climb, wade, crawl, slide, conquer hellish hills, stinking swamps and survive the Devil’s Playground!

The course is challenging enough for the most serious of competitors but will be an excellent achievement for any fun runners to complete too. Bring supporters along with you for a fun, family friendly day out!

Devil Mud Run. Mud, Sweat and Tears. Angels need not apply...

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Re: Devil Run

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Youre eff'd :lol:

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Beerfuelledman wrote:Youre eff'd :lol:
Yes, I'm thinking that.

Anyone have experience of Devil Runs? Heard they are meant to be worse than a standard mud run.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Just get out there and start jogging. Jog a bit, walk a bit etc but just get out there. Do longer distances with shorter rests as you build up. Towards the end mix it up with short fast runs one day and longer slower runs the next time.

I'm an old fart so never do consecutive days as my legs can't hack it. I'd advise that to you too.

Rest up for a few days before the event. More important than last minute training.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

So I've gone for my first proper jog in years and only one word can explain it 'painful'

For the first mile everything seemed easy and then all of a sudden my lungs were burning and the top of my legs were on fire.

However. I did manage cover another 2 miles with a mix of running and walking.

At least I've broken the lull and will now will let me legs rest before trying again on Sunday.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ ... =pfp-share

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Second run done yesterday and my legs felt heavy from the start.

Maybe I didn't give myself enough rest between runs, but this run seemed harder than the first and today I have woken up with dead calf muscles.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Work your way into it slowly. I know you are short of time but chuck in more walks and shorter runs initially.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Health & fitness incl. well-being”