To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Sports/Fantasy Enthusiast wanted for Data Scientist / Quantitative Analyst role

A forum for general discussion on Career, Business & Hobby subjects and topics
fantasysd

Sports/Fantasy Enthusiast wanted for Data Scientist / Quantitative Analyst role

Post by fantasysd »

This is my first post and for that I apologise, however I hope that this is of interest to some people on this forum.
I run a small sports betting consultancy that is looking to branch out into other areas including fantasy sports (Draftkings etc). We are currently looking to hire a Data Scientist / Quantitative Analyst and I thought what better place to look for that enthusiast than the bigger fantasy forum around.

Here is the job description:

Job Title: Data Scientist / Quantitative Analyst
Hours of Work: 40

Sporting Data is a small, successful sports betting consultancy founded in 2011. We are always looking for quantitative analysts with strong mathematical skills to help us develop our understanding of sports modelling. Successful candidates will use their skill and expertise to facilitate the compilation of relevant data and development of mathematical models for a range of sports to help select value bets for our clients. A passion for data analysis is vital. Typical projects might be: modelling sport outcomes; behavioural analysis of other market players; sourcing of new data; liaising with technical teams to further develop and automate projects.

Candidates’ skills/attributes should include:
• Strong numerical and mathematical background, ideally in statistics.
• Experience of statistical modelling.
• Knowledge of and passion for a number of sports.
• Good understanding of the current state of sports analytics.

Other desirable skills:
• Good experience with MS Excel
• Experience working with relational databases, especially MS SQL & PostgreSQL, including writing SQL queries, functions and stored procedures.
• Experience with programming language such as C#, Java and VBA
• Experience with R or similar statistical analysis package.
• Understanding of the betting industry

The role will include tasks such as:
• Build statistical models and apply machine learning/artificial intelligence techniques to extract patterns, better understanding and discover key automation opportunities
• Experience conducting data analysis on big data and big data technologies
• Experience applying statistical techniques and machine learning algorithms to extract insights from real data

They should be a driven and motivated self-starter capable of working as part of a small team but equally capable of exploring data and analytical methods independently. The role will require a flexible approach to working hours. Candidates should be able to demonstrate previous data analysis work that they have carried out.

To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to jobs at sportingdata dot co dot uk

No agencies please.

http://www.sportingdata.co.uk/index.html?#jobs

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Careers, Businesses & Hobbies”