To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

ETs'

A Fantasy Football forum for news on European fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

ETs'

Post by RickyRosa »

So for reasons beyond my control I sort of left it to late to make my ETs' last Thursday and ironically as I had been joking about the site crashing had issues getting on at 5.50-5.55 and only managed to make 2 ETs' out of 5 (bought in Aubameyang for Ronaldo in two teams, FML).

So just wondering on your tips for my remaining ETs' have Ronaldo in all my teams and some Rooneys as well, do I go Champions league as I will now teams in advance, if so who? Or do I take a risk and go Europa as I need to make up points in these teams and maybe Aubeyang will come good, maybe Higuain?

Any feedback appreciated!

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Re: ETs'

Post by CBN »

Without knowing your teams or the points they have it's pretty hard to advise...

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

Good point, more info required!!!

Will post my teams up in a bit, however, I guess, I'm just after general consensus I guess, people's general opinions, I.e are Barca going to be frustrated by Arsenal, would Martial be better against midget land be a better choice, maybe Sturridge?

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

Barca will tear Arsenal a new one. Pique will get starman. :D

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

More seriously, this game is so different to any game that's ever been run. Unlimited transfers makes it a nightmare. Imagine this going into phase II:

Team 1: 50 points
Team 2: 50 points
Team 3: 90 points
Team 4: 50 points
Team 5: 50 points

Unless you nail the block for Team 3 in phase II then you're back to square one. I think that even a crap phase I score can compete for the overall prize money with the right block pick in phases II and III.

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

I think your so right!

It's going to be an absolute nightmare and will be so frustrating if you have done very well phase 1 and 2 and choose the wrong block.

Does keep the game interesting for everyone a lot longer than usual however, a different dynamic, one I'm looking forward to adjusting too.

I think optimum stratedgy would be to choose your best teams defence around the favourite or team with the easiest projected line up and take the risks with your weaker teams.
Pretty obvious strategy though, could back fire if the top, top teams also choose the same defence as you will never overtake them.
Certingly would be tough to do so and would require a different and perfect outfield.
So maybe the best strategy is to be different.
He who dares and all that....

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

I fancy all 4 away in the Champions League this week and have decided to use my ET's where available in these games, just a matter of which striker as there are some of the worlds best in the 4 games:
Müller
Greizmann
Lewandowski
Aguero
Neymar
Messi
Suarez

Can't decide :roll:

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

Went with Neymar on my 2nd best team which has 69 points at my sons suggestion, he thinks I should hedge my bets and cover Suarez and Levendowski in my other two teams which are on 62 and 61 points respectively which I have opted to do.

Was going to put Giroud in just to be different as I think we might even see a one nil Arsenal win but he thinks I'm being stupid and I have bowed to his superior wisdom.

Fingers crossed!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “European Dream Team”