To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Why so little discussion?

Ultimate Fantasy Premier League - starting 2014/15
gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Why so little discussion?

Post by gooberman »

Come on guys, UFPL is a great game, lets have some more discussion! I've enjoyed playing this more than FPL personally.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Re: Why so little discussion?

Post by Stemania »

I've pretty much lost all interest, but will enjoy making all the free transfers this week. :)

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Douglas Reynholm »

I like the game, prefer the format if I'm honest but what can we talk about that we are not already doing with the normal game?

Everything is getting covered.

skip
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: UFPL beta winner 2014, OFL ISO winner 2013

Post by skip »

>I like the game, prefer the format if I'm honest but what can we talk about that we are not already doing with the normal game?
>Everything is getting covered.

Hmm, how about
- EPL/Sky haven't announced the fixtures beyond GW30 yet. Which teams do we think will get the majority of MD2&3 spots?
- Is Bellerin a good option as a 4.5M defender, or will he lose his place to Chambers or Debuchy at some point?
- How frustrating is it to have too many good strikers in your squad, and the ones you leave out always score well
- Load up on Chelsea/Spurs players for their double gameweek, or simply loan in Costa, Fabregas, Eriksen, Vertonghen that week?
- Arsenal seem quite good now, who's bringing in Giroud, Cazorla, Walcott etc in the transfer window?
- For those in contention, are you picking any differentials to try to make the difference and/or are you leaving out any 'must haves' of the first half of the season for the same effect?

gooberman
Dumbledore

Post by gooberman »

Douglas Reynholm wrote:I like the game, prefer the format if I'm honest but what can we talk about that we are not already doing with the normal game?

Everything is getting covered.
Obviously it's similar but there are key differences in the rules which creates different decisions to ponder. The match day 2 and 3 dynamic creates a necessity to consider how many players to have in your squad who have MD2 and 3 games in order to maximise points potential.

The big difference to me though is the transfer policy. After this week, there are no more transfers allowed for the rest of the season unless you loan somebody in which I'm not a big fan of. You can only have 1 player on loan at any one time and it also comes at a rather high points expense. Personally I don't think its worth losing 10pts just to bring a player in for 4 gameweeks and then to have the transfer reversed after that time. I haven't used loans at all yet and can't see me doing it.

So all this means that you really have to consider your remaining transfers carefully as whoever you pick will be in your squad for the rest of the season whether they play or not. I have 7 left to use before the next gameweek. Players like Ospina and Bellerin look like great options at the moment, particularly as Arsenal have numerous MD2 fixtures. However they are still not nailed on for the rest of the season and if they do get dropped you are left lumbered with non playing players in your squad. In FPL it's not a problem as you can transfer them out with free transfers.

Similarly, is it wise to pick injury prone players? Players like Aguero and Sturridge can get you a lot of points but both can break down at any time leaving you with a big hole in your squad that you can't properly fix.

So there is much to discuss that isn't covered in the FPL forum.

KevIRL
Red & Blue Braces

Post by KevIRL »

Worth noting you can loan more than one player at a time. Its just that only one loan can be active at any one time. Plenty of loans have been used to good effect at the top of the leaderboard

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Post by The Catman »

KevIRL wrote:Worth noting you can loan more than one player at a time. Its just that only one loan can be active at any one time. Plenty of loans have been used to good effect at the top of the leaderboard
Noticed that the leaders had done well with loans whereas my experience last season was not good.

Finding this quite difficult now to make my remaining changes!

gooberman
Dumbledore

Post by gooberman »

KevIRL wrote:Worth noting you can loan more than one player at a time. Its just that only one loan can be active at any one time. Plenty of loans have been used to good effect at the top of the leaderboard
Don't quite get that. If you have more than one player on loan at the same time then surely they would be active at the same time?

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Post by The Catman »

KevIRL means that whilst you can only have one loan agreement in place at any one time, that loan can be for more than one player.

Corroded Soul
Treebeard

Post by Corroded Soul »

I would have thought the larger version would attract more interest and chat, hope it's more interactive this season then.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Ultimate FPL”