To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

So, who is doing well?

Ultimate Fantasy Premier League - starting 2014/15
gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Re: So, who is doing well?

Post by gooberman »

Sutter Kane wrote:Nasty GW if not owning any Chelsea!! I don't own any and captained Sterling. Almost all-in on Rooney today, with Noble and Chester to come as hideous emergency captain options on Monday. :lol:
No Chelsea players! Seriously? Can I ask why?

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

gooberman wrote:
Sutter Kane wrote:Nasty GW if not owning any Chelsea!! I don't own any and captained Sterling. Almost all-in on Rooney today, with Noble and Chester to come as hideous emergency captain options on Monday. :lol:
No Chelsea players! Seriously? Can I ask why?[/quote]

They didn't fit in with my Sat to Sun plan! I expected them to score around 220pts. It appears I may have gotten that very wrong!! I think if Costa continues to score at a ridiculous rate or even at a rate of 3 in 4 games, I will have seriously underestimated the captain side of UFPL. My initial reasoning was that with the ability to switch captains, 2 options is quite valuable (maybe I overestimated that value) - also captains form a smaller part of the total gw score in UFPL generally so they're not as important. (just that this week, the hatrick has blown me away so far) Time will tell how big an error not having Chelsea players is. We'll revisit in 16 weeks when I get more transfers. :lol:

Basically because of the switching from MD1 to MD2 my reasoning was that expensive players are not quite as good VFM in UFPL as FPL (obv need captain choices though), which I think is still correct, thus I have more mid range players with potential... :? We'll see.

loosecannon85
Grumpy Old Man

Post by loosecannon85 »

Sutter Kane wrote:
gooberman wrote:
No Chelsea players! Seriously? Can I ask why?[/quote]

They didn't fit in with my Sat to Sun plan! I expected them to score around 220pts. It appears I may have gotten that very wrong!! I think if Costa continues to score at a ridiculous rate or even at a rate of 3 in 4 games, I will have seriously underestimated the captain side of UFPL. My initial reasoning was that with the ability to switch captains, 2 options is quite valuable (maybe I overestimated that value) - also captains form a smaller part of the total gw score in UFPL generally so they're not as important. (just that this week, the hatrick has blown me away so far) Time will tell how big an error not having Chelsea players is. We'll revisit in 16 weeks when I get more transfers. :lol:

Basically because of the switching from MD1 to MD2 my reasoning was that expensive players are not quite as good VFM in UFPL as FPL (obv need captain choices though), which I think is still correct, thus I have more mid range players with potential... :? We'll see.
I think you have got it wrong. Because strikers get 6 points per goal I think the top strikers are invaluable regardless of match day rotation. I think Da Costa is UFPL gold as his conversion rate and shot accuracy is exceptional. Fabgreas passing makes him a great a UFPL player as well.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I didn't go with Costa, so my season's probably over too. :lol:

I felt Welbeck, Dzeko (on our then knowledge that City would play 442) and Naismith were all just too good value not to go with, and that Aguero was essential. I also looked at the sat/sunday and thougt Adebayor looked an excellent bet for that . I didn't think I could warrant spending 10.5 on a 5th striker in place of Ade when I can only field 3 per week so I spent the money on Hazard instead to give myself the option of playing only 2 up top. (Also own Fab)

Still think it made sense, but with hindsight I probably should have gone for a 10.5 and a <6.5 instead of two 8.5s but it's only really now that Dzeko looks a complete dud. :(

gooberman
Dumbledore

Post by gooberman »

Stemania wrote:I didn't go with Costa, so my season's probably over too. :lol:

I felt Welbeck, Dzeko (on our then knowledge that City would play 442) and Naismith were all just too good value not to go with, and that Aguero was essential. I also looked at the sat/sunday and thougt Adebayor looked an excellent bet for that . I didn't think I could warrant spending 10.5 on a 5th striker in place of Ade when I can only field 3 per week so I spent the money on Hazard instead to give myself the option of playing only 2 up top. (Also own Fab)

Still think it made sense, but with hindsight I probably should have gone for a 10.5 and a <6.5 instead of two 8.5s but it's only really now that Dzeko looks a complete dud. :(
Aguero essential? Would have to disagree, especially in this game when there are now now free transfers for weeks so you won't be able to get rid of him with a free transfer when the inevitable injury comes. You will either have to have an expensive injured player in your squad not playing and who also taken up a big chunk of your budget will be to the detriment of your squad as a whole or you will have to use the emergency loan system which to me doesn't look that great an option.

loosecannon85
Grumpy Old Man

Post by loosecannon85 »

gooberman wrote:

Aguero essential? Would have to disagree, especially in this game when there are now now free transfers for weeks so you won't be able to get rid of him with a free transfer when the inevitable injury comes. You will either have to have an expensive injured player in your squad not playing and who also taken up a big chunk of your budget will be to the detriment of your squad as a whole or you will have to use the emergency loan system which to me doesn't look that great an option.
While Aguero is fit he will score. Even if you have to carry an injured player its not the end of the world as you have a massive squad.

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

loosecannon85 wrote:
gooberman wrote:

While Aguero is fit he will score. Even if you have to carry an injured player its not the end of the world as you have a massive squad.
I've deliberately picked a couple of injured players, in the hope that they will become decent differentials in a few weeks time :-)

gooberman
Dumbledore

Post by gooberman »

loosecannon85 wrote:
gooberman wrote:

The point I was making is that there is a big difference between carrying an injured player who is valued at 5m and a player valued at 12m. To have Aguero means sacrifices elsewhere. Sacrifices that have been needlessly made if Aguero becomes unusable.

loosecannon85
Grumpy Old Man

Post by loosecannon85 »

gooberman wrote:
loosecannon85 wrote:
gooberman wrote:

The point I was making is that there is a big difference between carrying an injured player who is valued at 5m and a player valued at 12m. To have Aguero means sacrifices elsewhere. Sacrifices that have been needlessly made if Aguero becomes unusable.
I fully understood what you meant. However, Aguero is a proven goal scorer and while his fit and firing you wont have access to him unless you loan him, it works both ways.

gooberman
Dumbledore

Post by gooberman »

loosecannon85 wrote:
gooberman wrote:
loosecannon85 wrote:
gooberman wrote:

I fully understood what you meant. However, Aguero is a proven goal scorer and while his fit and firing you wont have access to him unless you loan him, it works both ways.
There is no doubting Aguero's ability and potency but UFPL gives you options. If your attacking players fail on Saturday you can try again with your Sunday players so you almost have 2 chances for your Aguero equivalent to score what Aguero does or get close to it and the same goes with the captaincy, you have 2 or sometimes 3 chances to get some points from your captain and this is the beauty of this game. My assessment of the game is that it's all about having a spread of good players who have a good combination of Sat/Sun/Mon games as opposed to FPL were you tend to have a strong 11 and weak subs. Aguero is perhaps more essential in FPL were you don't get second or third chances.

Personally I just think the risks of Aguero outweigh the rewards in UFPL. It's really only a matter of time before he gets injured leaving you in a position were you can't sell him without using the emergency loan system. Every time Aguero over stretches or lands awkwardly or gets clattered by somebody, he seems liable to break. When he was subbed yesterday there was a suggestion that he was limping. Also as was the case yesterday, he will often be withdrawn early even if City aren't winning the game such are the levels of caution that are needed with him.

You could be right and he could actually stay fit for a stretch of games but percentage wise it seems unlikely.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

With Costa apparently having a very injurable hamstrings, he seems to be at least as much of a risk as Aguero, who has been eased back in extremely slowly.

loosecannon85
Grumpy Old Man

Post by loosecannon85 »

Anyway I'm more happy I have Di Maria he looks like an excellent UFPL player. Today he got 4 extra points in total from Key passes, Big chances created and Recoveries

UPS
FISOhead
FS Record: 7th prize £400 daily star 12/13. Led sun world cup game after group stage then went french!!

Post by UPS »

loosecannon85 wrote:Anyway I'm more happy I have Di Maria he looks like an excellent UFPL player. Today he got 4 extra points in total from Key passes, Big chances created and Recoveries
And hes only in 20% of teams :D

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Ultimate FPL”