To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

euromanager euro 2012

A forum for discussion and comment on ESPN Soccernet's Fantasy Soccer games
quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

euromanager euro 2012

Post by quizking »

http://games.espn.go.com/euro-manager/en_GB/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Re: euromanager euro 2012

Post by Ashers »

Now that is my kind of game.

All the others seem to give an unfair advantage to those that do not work or have access to the internet at work.

Digsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS relegation fodder

Post by Digsby »

I'm going to be away for most of the group stages so was looking for an easy to play game.

Will register for this.

Is there a mini-league facility?

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

@Digsby - Yes there is; create or join a group, as it's referred to in this game. Run by Neopoly (http://www.neopoly.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;), a german based company, possibly my favourite in terms of graphics and usability. I don't know why espn don't like having neopoly mentioned on their own site - i know of one games provider who thought that the espn fantasy games were produced "in-house".

@Ashers - Funnily enough, though i think it looks great, i don't like "lock-down" type games at all (such as the fpl) - much prefer being able to transfer players between matches within a day, a round or a game-week, as it never used to be called. Have the advantage of being self-employed so can access internet whenever i choose, though i hardly think that to be "unfair", i made the choice.

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: not bad

Post by Art Vandelay »

This looks quite straight forward, I'll have a go. Quick question,

There will be a total of five (5) locking periods during this game. Each roster slot will lock at the scheduled kickoff of each individual player's first match during the Round. Entrants must make sure their round picks are submitted by this lock-time. Selections submitted after the lock-time are considered invalid, and no points will be awarded. Entries will unlock the day following last match of each period with the exception of the Semi-finals, when entries remained locked through the Final. Sponsor's computer is the official time keeping device for this Promotion.

So, for example we get to Denmark v Holland on day two and just before it kicks off I find Robben's injured can I transfer him out for someone yet to play in that game week and score for them?

I reads as though you can but it's usual for 'game week' type games to allow transfer after the 'week' has started so just thought I'd check :?

quizking
Grumpy Old Man

Post by quizking »

I can't see that there's any way around the lock-down (and i'll be giving this a miss because of that) - but the man to ask would be blessedbrian, he won the season long worldwide game by quite a stretch, so am sure he's au fait with the details!

blessedbrian
Grumpy Old Man
Location: I've got such a long way to go...to make it to the border of mexico
FS Record: Cannot Complain!

Post by blessedbrian »

i agree with Art, the wording is a bit misleading.

The mechanics of the premier league game was that the "lockdown" occurred at the start of the gameweek and no transfers were allowed/counted until the start of the next gameweek (same as other games like metro/fpl etc). If i were a betting man I would think that is how the euro game will work for each period set out.

Theres a few differences from the premier game though, that was squad based and you had to select a captain. From a glance at these euro rules, this is pick 11 players and no captain.

As quizking pointed out, I did indeed win the premier game :) The organisers have been in touch, but they are not sure what to do with me yet as I'm the first non US winner they have had! I noticed they are touting the same bestbuy prizes for this euro game, so thought i would mention it in case anyone is lucky enough to win something.

Tadpole
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Euro Under 21 Threes Winner ; Super Egg Cup Winner 12/13 ; JJB Fantasy World Cup 2010 Monthly Winner ; Mortgage Brain Monthly Winner 11/12 ; A few telegraph super league wins ;

Post by Tadpole »

blessedbrian wrote:i agree with Art, the wording is a bit misleading.

The mechanics of the premier league game was that the "lockdown" occurred at the start of the gameweek and no transfers were allowed/counted until the start of the next gameweek (same as other games like metro/fpl etc). If i were a betting man I would think that is how the euro game will work for each period set out.

Theres a few differences from the premier game though, that was squad based and you had to select a captain. From a glance at these euro rules, this is pick 11 players and no captain.

As quizking pointed out, I did indeed win the premier game :) The organisers have been in touch, but they are not sure what to do with me yet as I'm the first non US winner they have had! I noticed they are touting the same bestbuy prizes for this euro game, so thought i would mention it in case anyone is lucky enough to win something.
Care to share any winning strategis, despite slight game differences?

blessedbrian
Grumpy Old Man
Location: I've got such a long way to go...to make it to the border of mexico
FS Record: Cannot Complain!

Post by blessedbrian »

it really is a different game though to the premier, so most of the tactics are out of the window. Apart from what i already mentioned there were different formations allowed, sub tactics and fluctuating player values to contend with.

only one thing I could add is that midfielders can score well (extra points for goals + clean sheet bonus), but even that wont be as much of a differential as everyone has to play the same 4-4-2 formation in the euros.

redcanuck
FISOhead
FS Record: Sky sports Fantasy league Winner 2008-09

Post by redcanuck »

I find the instructions a bit confusing.

This is what it says on the home page;

Every nation will play three games in the group stage in rotation,
starting on June 8, and you submit a team for each one of the three
rounds.

So for Round 2 and Round 3 of the group stages are we allowed to pick a brand new team from the team we had in Round 1? Or is the team I pick in Round I to last throughout the group stages?

quizking
Grumpy Old Man

Post by quizking »

While looking around for other games, found this -

http://blogs.soccernet.com/premierfanta ... rategy.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

which was unexpected, apparently not in the spirit of the game??!!!

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Art Vandelay »

You must be ashambed of yourself blessedbrian for not respecting the spirit of the game. What a hollow victory.

:wink:
redcanuck wrote:So for Round 2 and Round 3 of the group stages are we allowed to pick a brand new team from the team we had in Round 1? Or is the team I pick in Round I to last throughout the group stages?
I took it that you pick a whole new 11 for each round. I played a game this exact format for the last world cup, was pretty frustrating when all your players for round one do nothing, then they all score in week two after you've taken them out.

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Art Vandelay »

Art Vandelay wrote:So, for example we get to Denmark v Holland on day two and just before it kicks off I find Robben's injured can I transfer him out for someone yet to play in that game week and score for them?

I reads as though you can but it's usual for 'game week' type games to allow transfer after the 'week' has started so just thought I'd check :?
I can confirm you are able to make transfers during a 'game week' if your player hasn't played yet. I managed to take Fabregas out when I saw he was on the bench :roll:

redcanuck
FISOhead

Post by redcanuck »

Thought of going for an entire line up consisting of Portuguese and Italians. But have decided to go with Germans and Portuguese instead.

redcanuck
FISOhead

Post by redcanuck »

redcanuck wrote:Thought of going for an entire line up consisting of Portuguese and Italians. But have decided to go with Germans and Portuguese instead.
While that didn't work out at all. What with having to pick a team after the quarters and no new transfers, I have no players in the final at all.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Soccernet/ESPN Fantasy Soccer”