To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Final FML report

A forum for discussion of Football Manager.
Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Final FML report

Post by Vid »

Haven't said much for a while, mainly because very little has been happening in the game, a few nondescript updates that held little value, a few match engine updates that appeared to be progressively worse and from reading their forums the requirement to get anything out of it was to micro-manage every aspect of your tactics. The announcement came today that the plug is to be pulled in May, those playing to the end will receive a "free" copy of FM11, you just have to keep paying your subs right up until the end.

A game that failed for very simple reasons, it was made too complicated for casual players and too dull for hardcore, nothing for anyone beyond those exploiting others to simply "win".

Like many others that have been playing for a few years lacking the time and inclination to devote every waking moment to find someone or something to exploit, I've been ticking over an hour here, a couple there, hoping for an update that would make the game interesting again rather than just walking away. Today's news is no surprise other than there being a few weeks notice rather than just pulling the plug.

The initial concept was a good one and held much promise, unfortunately Sports Interactive failed in so many ways every day to fulfil that promise.

Richt
FISO Knight
FS Record: Averagely consistant.

Re: Final FML report

Post by Richt »

Maybe you should join us in Xpert II?

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

Richt wrote:Maybe you should join us in Xpert II?
Been approached a few times, I'll be quite happy to give games a miss for a few months (summer off!) and concentrate more on FF from July. Any games played will be PC (got a load that have been neglected for a long time).

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

X11 is pretty straight forward, and can be a laugh.

fancy dan
Grumpy Old Dan
Location: Having a secret meeting in the basement of my brain
FS Record: Winner of S4's big WC prediction game - and 2-time winner of the Premier League A game!

Post by fancy dan »

I'll second that - really only requires a few minutes of your time each day, if that.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Football Manager”