To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Player Manager - new Fantasy Football game

A Fantasy Football forum for Player Manager.
admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Player Manager - new Fantasy Football game

Post by admin »

A new Fantasy Football game, Player Manager, launched this week. Uniquely it takes the same time and effort to generate multiple teams as it does to generate one.

Player Manager allows fantasy football gamers to profit from their skill every week. It allows managers to create multiple teams with minimal effort and features:

* micro-payment entry - weekly games only cost £1 per team
* instantaneous player allocation via their automated, intelligent, player auction *
* unique player ownership (only you can own the player in your league) - a player you've bought that week plays for you and you only.
* social gaming (create bespoke cash competitions amongst friends)
* real-time updates of scores, league and cash positions

There is prize money for the top places (number of paid places depends on the size of each league). Player Manager also offer a progressive seasonal jackpot, increasing with each entry, based on the manager's best 20 weeks. The pot starts at £5,000. Success is based on predicting both the players who will score that week and how much other Player Manager managers will bid for each player

The game is operated by Echo Sports Ltd who have used Clever.tv to develop the game website. Clever.tv also run YTM for The Mirror.

* Rather than choosing your eleven based on players' assigned values, managers choose their teams by bidding against each other (max 15 managers in each league) via an automated auction. Create a master list of players you want, then place the players in order of preference and set the maximum amount of money you’re willing to pay for each player. The price you pay may be less than your maximum bid – you simply pay £1m more than the next-highest bid. The Player Manager game conducts an automated auction amongst the teams in each mini- league (e.g. at 11:30am on a Saturday or at 7:30pm on the first evening of a mid-week set of matches) and whoever has bid the most for each player (but also taking into account that the maximum team budget is £100m) gets the player for that week’s competition.

the-postman
fiso banshee
FS Record: fiso road to rio champ--sdt weekly winner 2015-jm elite league 3rd 14/15--sdt monthly r up 2016-
too many bbm wins to remember :-)

Re: Player Manager - new Fantasy Football game

Post by the-postman »

jackpot league...wonder if its going to be similar to the now demised fantasy stakes

Player Manager
Wideboy

Post by Player Manager »

Hey Postman

We've locked up £5k and buried the key until the end of the season to pay our share of the jackpot. The jackpot then grows by £5 with each £5 entry so we've got it covered.

Looking forward to seeing what other FISOers think of the game. I'll be treading these boards and am sure you'll be giving us excellent ideas for the future.

Enjoy

Jason
Founder

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

I need some time to get my head around this, but is an interesting new concept. How many players can I select on my 'long list'?

PNE4PREM
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving season on season

Post by PNE4PREM »

Never say no to another challenge :)

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar
FS Record: Too many to mention now :-)

Post by pa102aw »

Always up for something new. I especially like the 'all season' part of the game where I pay my 50 credits and sit back and put my feet up until next May :D

I also entered a 10 man League and a 15 man League for a tentative 50 credits this week, just to dip my toe in the water so to speak.

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Weekend Dreamteam Winner/WC Fantasy Stakes winner.

Post by bennyc »

Hello there

Could you clarify exactly what I need to do to take part in the season long jackpot game.

Do I need to enter a fiver a week? Or do I initially enter a fiver and then just play in leagues each week?

Player Manager
Wideboy

Post by Player Manager »

tommymooney wrote:I need some time to get my head around this, but is an interesting new concept. How many players can I select on my 'long list'?
Hey tommymooney

There's no limit to the number of players you can add to your list - but you may want to consider the implications for any strategy you adopt.

1. Say you set a rank of #100 and maximum bid of £2m for a poor-performing player. Then say a rival manager has ranked that player #1 with a maximum bid of £1m.

2. If you are the only two managers with that player on your list, the player will nominated for £1m and you'll be buying him for £2m.
3. You may have preferred other players for that position. Of course, the rival manager is himself taking the risk that someone else will be in the bidding....

We publish the average price paid for each player went from the previous gameweek. This may or may not come in useful depending on your approach.

You'll find that there are many ways to tackle Player Manager - we're looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Player Manager
Wideboy

Post by Player Manager »

bennyc wrote:Hello there

Could you clarify exactly what I need to do to take part in the season long jackpot game.

Do I need to enter a fiver a week? Or do I initially enter a fiver and then just play in leagues each week?
Hi bennyc

You just have to pay a fiver - once - to enter for our (minimum) £5k season prize.

We use the best score from all of your solo games (friends leagues don't count) each gameweek and then total the best 20.

Enjoy

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bennyc »

When does the auction take place each week? Is it 11.30 on the Saturday?

Player Manager
Wideboy

Post by Player Manager »

bennyc wrote:When does the auction take place each week? Is it 11.30 on the Saturday?
Yes, auctions for typical gameweeks (ie, those starting on a Saturday) will be at 11.30 that morning. For gameweeks like the one just gone (starting mid-week), its 7.30pm.

Let us know what you think once you've given it a try.

Jason

Matty B
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Matty B »

looks interesting although I am quite slow to understand these new things so maybe you can help me ...

1) can't see the game rules which tell you what your team formatioin /set-up has to look like

2) is the prize money for the best scorer in all leagues over the period??

3) is there anything to stop fiso or anyone else setting up a league and everyone agreeing that bar 1 player no-one will bid for say drogba, tevez, fabregas, nani, a.cole, terry, cech etc in order to ensure that person has a great score each week and share the prizepool ???

4) was this running last midweek .. are there tables or anything

Ta

M

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

Post by Chrisharry12345 »

Hi, got a few questions..

1. Say I wanted to enter two teams, I presume I would need to bid on 22 players? Would I get to choose which of those players went in each team or is it random?

2. If i tried to bid for 11 players and I didnt get one, what happens? does the team not get entered or do you need to bid on more than 11 just incase?

3. What leagues count towards the end of season prize, just the solo league?

Player Manager
Wideboy

Post by Player Manager »

Matty B wrote:looks interesting although I am quite slow to understand these new things so maybe you can help me ...

1) can't see the game rules which tell you what your team formatioin /set-up has to look like

2) is the prize money for the best scorer in all leagues over the period??

3) is there anything to stop fiso or anyone else setting up a league and everyone agreeing that bar 1 player no-one will bid for say drogba, tevez, fabregas, nani, a.cole, terry, cech etc in order to ensure that person has a great score each week and share the prizepool ???

4) was this running last midweek .. are there tables or anything

Ta

M
Hi Matty

Thanks for the questions.

1) Valid Team Formations: Expressing these as "defenders-midfielders-strikers" these are:
3-5-2; 3-4-3; 4-5-1; 4-4-2; 4-3-3; 5-3-2; 5-4-1
Importantly, you don't "choose" a formation - our auction process allocates players to you, provided that they can fit in one of the above formations.

2) We calculate your position on the season leader-board using the best of your Solo Games each gameweek. So it doesn't matter whether they came from a 5-person, 10-person or 15-person league.

3) I'm glad you asked this, because that's the very reason we don't use Friends Leagues in the calculation of the season prize. You are allocated to Solo Games randomly so this situation can't occur.

4) This will be the first gameweek with entries into our season prize.

Let us know if you have more questions.

Jason

Player Manager
Wideboy

Post by Player Manager »

Chrisharry12345 wrote:Hi, got a few questions..

1. Say I wanted to enter two teams, I presume I would need to bid on 22 players? Would I get to choose which of those players went in each team or is it random?

2. If i tried to bid for 11 players and I didnt get one, what happens? does the team not get entered or do you need to bid on more than 11 just incase?

3. What leagues count towards the end of season prize, just the solo league?
Hi there

1. One of the unique things about our game is that you create and manage just one master list of players but can enter multiple teams. That one player list is used in all of your auctions. The auction process allocates 11 players to each of your teams in turn so you don't have to choose which players go where. Just create your player list, tell us how many teams you want us to generate and we'll do everything else. We illustrate the auction process further here: http://bit.ly/ajXpCz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2. If you only have 11 players on your player list, it is possible that you will get those 11 (depending on your maximum bid compared with the bids of other managers). But having a larger player list will give you a greater shot at getting players you like if you miss out on some along the way. If you run out of players to nominate from your list, we nominate them for you, once all managers' players lists have been exhausted, based on criteria you set (eg number of goals, number of assists etc)

3. Just the solo games.

Enjoy

Jason

Matty B
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Matty B »

Thanks Jason

with the solo games ... who are you bidding against ... how many teams??

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bennyc »

The tactics for this seem fascinating. I guess those that adapt the fastest will do well early doors.

You've done a great job of answering questions this morning and I will ask one more -

Can you explain the pro's and cons of picking a very large list?

At the moment I have picked 19 players on my list. Is that too many? Too few?

Digsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS relegation fodder

Post by Digsby »

I like the idea but think it could end up getting a bit pricey so I'll probably take a watching brief

Player Manager
Wideboy

Post by Player Manager »

Matty B - I don't know about you, but I can't get excited in other games when someone like Drogba scores, knowing that many of my competitors also have him. In Player Manager, only you can own Drogba in your league. With 20 teams Premiership teams playing, there are only 20 goalkeepers to go around - which is why our league sizes are 5, 10 or 15 managers.

bennyc - Thanks. We think Player Manager is a real evolution in fantasy football and, like anything new, it will take a little longer to understand how it works. Whilst you'll still be able to pick up the concept quickly, we expect managers will be experimenting with different strategies - one of which is the length of your player list. The short answer is that there is no "right" answer. Much comes down to the maximum bids and ranks that you assign to your players. What I would say is that the shorter your list, the more likely it is that you will run out of players to nominate (and our auto-allocation will kick in to complete your squad). So, if you have 19 players on your list, it may be worth considering how popular they will be with other managers, take a look at the average price they went for last time and take a view on whether you will be outbid in the auction. If you're playing against friends and think you're getting a sense of who they might be after this gameweek, it becomes even more intriguing....

wandacatvenus
FISOhead
FS Record: 2017/18 - £5000 profit from Sky FF

Post by wandacatvenus »

I was quite interested initially in the Season solo game at £5.

However from reading the T & Cs I have picked up on the following.

We use the best score from all of your solo games (friends leagues don't count) each gameweek and then total the best 20.

This would seem to mean that someone entering 10 teams a week in the Solo games, would have there best scoring Solo team entered each Gameweek into the Season League, were as a one team entry would have just that team entered.

As the cost of each Season game entry is £5 to either the Multi Entrant or Single entrant, the fact that the Multi Entrant has their best team score for the Gameweek chosen, would seem to put them at a Significant advantage of winning the Jackpot prize over the single team entrant.

Can someone, please tell me if I am reading this correctly.

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

yeah but you would be paying £1 per week and they would be paying £10

wandacatvenus
FISOhead
FS Record: 2017/18 - £5000 profit from Sky FF

Post by wandacatvenus »

Chrisharry12345 wrote:yeah but you would be paying £1 per week and they would be paying £10
For £1 you enter 1 team into a weekly solo League with one chance of a weekly prize.

For £10 you would enter 10 teams into 10 weekly Solo Leagues with 10 chances of a weekly prize.

For an additional £5 you enter into the Season Long jackpot game. It costs £5 irrespective of if you are a £1 per week entrant or £10 a week entrant.

All I am saying, is that a Multi entrant is likely to win the jackpot as they cover more bases each week and it is their top weekly Team score that goes towards the Season Long jackpot game.

Also, I would presume it is easier to get a good score from the 5 player weekly League than the 15 player weekly league as there are 5 People bidding against each other for the Top performing players as opposed to 15 People in the 15 player game and you are more likely to have the 'better' playersi n the 5 player game.

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

Well I imagine its set up to encourage to stick more teams so they have a chance at the jackpot league. More teams = more money for player manager.. Same as with other jackpot leagues that are around

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar
FS Record: Too many to mention now :-)

Post by pa102aw »

I bought £10 worth of teams and created a 'Lucky Dip' list of players. For £5 I entered the season long league and placed my other £5 worth of teams into the 10 and 15 man leagues, and I thought that was the end of it. Now that I read about this'auction' business and what not I will put it down to a £10 donation, I just don't have the time on a Saturday to give this my attention (Golf & Football) :|

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

i think the auction is automated pa based on your maximum bids on your shortlist ;)

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bennyc »

Chrisharry12345 wrote:i think the auction is automated pa based on your maximum bids on your shortlist ;)

That's the way I read it. If not it's going to be a hefty commitment in terms of time :shock:

Player Manager
Wideboy

Post by Player Manager »

Thanks for the questions and comments all. Keep them coming! Hope I've covered everything off so far below

@Wandacatvenus - someone who enters 10 teams per week vs somone who enters 1 team will have more "chances" at getting a high score that week. But this doesn't necessarily mean that their top score will be any higher than the person who enters 1. It all comes down to your selection of players, how you rank them and your maximum bid. Someone may have 10 teams, but they may be 10 teams that turn out to be rubbish!

Also - its not true that you will end up with better teams in a 5-person league than a 15-person league. Yes, the demand for a player in a 15-person league may be stronger which could influence their price. But, ultimately, it comes down to that player's performance. If the player goes to someone else for a higher price, it may mean they are unable to fit other players you're after into their cap. You've given us a great idea to compare the scores we're seeing in each-sized league - thanks!

@pa102aw - You're set up and ready to go. In the gameweeks ahead, you only need to tweak your list of players each week, tell us how many teams to generate for you and put your feet up.

@Digsby - hope we haven't lost something in the translation. We hope we're not too pricey - its only £1 a team! In a 15-person league, you can turn that £1 in to £6.

bennyc - yes, the auctions are fully automated. Player Manager was actually designed to minimise the time and effort required to enter weekly teams. You just tell us how many teams you want any time during the gameweek, we do the rest. You can check out the players you bought shortly after 11.30 tomorrow morning, see how they were allocated (auctions are fully transparent) and then watch the goals and assists roll in through our live scoring service.

I hope everyone here enjoys the experience tomorrow. Let me know how you get on.

Jason
Founder

Not our Donna
FISOhead

Post by Not our Donna »

Sounds fun, I'm in as soon as you allow non UK residents to play.

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bennyc »

Initial impressions are good but I was allocated Almunia in 2 out of 3 teams :shock:

I asked for remaining choices to be picked on form. Can you explain how his name came up when he's not in form and he hasn't been fit for ages?

EDIT: In each of my 5man leagues someone else has got Fabianski :shock:

chrispyb
Grumpy Old Man

Post by chrispyb »

this may be a stupid question but how do I see my teams for this week? :oops:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Player Manager”