To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Rd 10 Trades

A forum for fans of Fantasy Australian Rules Football (AFL)
X-Man
Dumbledore

Rd 10 Trades

Post by X-Man »

Been burning up my trades so have only 7 left - what's worse is that my team seems to be going backwards...

Haven't got any donuts this week but have some pretty crappy players out there

Thinking of dumping Chapman who is out for 2 weeks min.

In the frame are

Mid price (which would free up cash for Coughlan to Gablett or Montagna)

Gia
Buddy Franklin
Fevola
Goodwin
O'Keefe :shock:

OR

Full price straight swap (and keep the trade)

Volt
Johnson

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Re: Rd 10 Trades

Post by SunderlandFan »

Personally I'd get Volt in in although J Brown might be a better option as Lions have a few easy fixtures and it gets you more cash to splash.

X-Man
Dumbledore

Post by X-Man »

SunderlandFan wrote:Personally I'd get Volt in in although J Brown might be a better option as Lions have a few easy fixtures and it gets you more cash to splash.
J Brown's already locked and loaded... 8-) (I keep looking at my team and wondering where it all went wrong... :lol: )

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

X-Man wrote:
SunderlandFan wrote:Personally I'd get Volt in in although J Brown might be a better option as Lions have a few easy fixtures and it gets you more cash to splash.
J Brown's already locked and loaded... 8-) (I keep looking at my team and wondering where it all went wrong... :lol: )
Ryan O Keefe? If you're not fussed about cash then just go for Volt

X-Man
Dumbledore

Post by X-Man »

SunderlandFan wrote:
X-Man wrote:
Ryan O Keefe? If you're not fussed about cash then just go for Volt
Volt's in like Flynn...(watch him have a Barry Crocker) :wink:

M-boy
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 94th 07/08

Post by M-boy »

Brisbane do have a good run of fixtures but Jono Brown's last two scores have been poor. I'd wait another week for him because he's not going to make his BE (of 157 or thereabouts).

All of them look potentially good trades. Volt is the forward I would go to. But with only seven trades you might be better holding both if you've bench cover. I have no idea whether Coughlan will be one week out or several, if it looks like he'll just have one game in the twos then definitely keep him. If you can cover it with the bench I'd be inclined to keep him anyway and see what transpires. I kept Houlihan because there were bigger concerns and now he's back, so the same thing could happen with Cogs.

Similar story with Chapman; out this week and next and then maybe back? You'll lose around 180 points on him, but then if you've cover that should reduce it to 100-120? Maybe even less depending on the quality of cover. Obviously injuries can take longer than expected (I've got Hentschel and Anthony so I know what I'm talking about when I say that!) but which is the bigger gamble? That you can make it to the end of the season with six trades or that Chapman won't return soon?

Sarky
FISOhead

Post by Sarky »

I promise I'm not just saying this cos your my opponent this week, but if you're not facing a donut then why would you sideways trade a premium who probably's only going to miss one maximum two weeks? (split round coming up) especially as you're so short of trades.

Edit: What he said ^
Last edited by Sarky on 28 May 2009, 21:52, edited 1 time in total.

golden bear
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 9 Ball Champ, Incidental and murfs Knockout Cups Winner

Post by golden bear »

Did Higgins (WBD) :arrow: Muston (HAW)
and Priddis (WCE) :arrow: Corey (GEE)

Was going to do one but think I've got some catching up to do. 13 trades left.

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

I'm getting rid of one or more of Raines, Beams and Hentschel. Or no-one. If Sidebottom makes the cut I'll maybe risk I'm down to one possible donut in the midfield so I might just hang on to my trades and hope Hartlett plays. If Sidey doesn't get named I'll probably dump Hentschel. The problem with that is the lack of targets in the forwards. I wanted to go Hentschel :arrow: rookie and had considered Aaron Cornelius, but he's been dropped. Hayden Ballantyne is the next big hope but he wasn't named either.

Suppose it's about time I upgraded anyway, but as usual I'm about 12 cents short of getting Steve Johnson. So ROK, Goodwin, Didak, Gia, Brennan and B. Johnson are on the shortlist. Not really a shortlist.

I could hold on and go Beams :arrow: Gablett next round which seems like a dream move, but it means I can't do anything with Raines or Hentschel.

X-Man
Dumbledore

Post by X-Man »

Sarky wrote:I promise I'm not just saying this cos your my opponent this week, but if you're not facing a donut then why would you sideways trade a premium who probably's only going to miss one maximum two weeks? (split round coming up) especially as you're so short of trades.

Edit: What he said ^
Because although I'm not facing a donut I have very low quality elsewhere in my Forwards. Last two weeks I've scored less than 1700 with only 1 donut. I can't afford to be without a premium becuase I'll lose the next two weeks as well.

The gamble is that I retain my trades but lose the next two rounds and am out of the game anyway. As it is I'm looking down the barrel...

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

Appreciate that X-Man but if you are going to hold on a week and just wait for better weather, then this is the week you should do it. Sarky won't say it, he may not even want it, but at the moment he's averaging 1989 which is close to unplayable. I'm not saying you can't beat him, but on paper there are eight better opportunities for wins in the remaining nine fixtures.

There's no point making a short term trade with so many weeks left only to lose by a smaller margin.

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

Mundy :arrow: Grima
Walker :arrow: Voldt

I'm now only 3 trades off my final team, gulp

I'm just praying my players stay injury free cos I'll only have 3 trades left for the rest of the season :|

X-Man
Dumbledore

Post by X-Man »

M-boy wrote:Appreciate that X-Man but if you are going to hold on a week and just wait for better weather, then this is the week you should do it. Sarky won't say it, he may not even want it, but at the moment he's averaging 1989 which is close to unplayable. I'm not saying you can't beat him, but on paper there are eight better opportunities for wins in the remaining nine fixtures.

There's no point making a short term trade with so many weeks left only to lose by a smaller margin.
Bring it on Sarky! :lol: :lol:

I'm happier that I have Voldt purely because I think Chapman is flaky and St Kilda have a number of easy games coming up.

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

X-Man wrote: Bring it on Sarky! :lol: :lol:

I'm happier that I have Voldt purely because I think Chapman is flaky and St Kilda have a number of easy games coming up.
Best of luck X-Man, I admire your balls.

:?
SunderlandFan wrote:Mundy :arrow: Grima
Walker :arrow: Voldt

I'm now only 3 trades off my final team, gulp

I'm just praying my players stay injury free cos I'll only have 3 trades left for the rest of the season :|
And yours.

:? :?

Sarky
FISOhead

Post by Sarky »

X-Man wrote:
M-boy wrote:Appreciate that X-Man but if you are going to hold on a week and just wait for better weather, then this is the week you should do it. Sarky won't say it, he may not even want it, but at the moment he's averaging 1989 which is close to unplayable. I'm not saying you can't beat him, but on paper there are eight better opportunities for wins in the remaining nine fixtures.

Bring it on Sarky! :lol: :lol:

Let's have it then X-Man! :lol:

I've just added Mr Swan to my already "unplayable" team 8-)

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

Guys which 2 out of these 3 players are must haves in a finalized team?

Lockyer, Swan and Bartel

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

It's close because they rarely miss a game and all three average big scores. Gotta admit I've got a thing for Jimmy B, so I'd go for him with his consistent scores (last week aside :roll:). I think he gives you a solid captaincy choice practically every week. Lockyer I think is the least consistent but he does get really big scores. But he's a back, so it's all about who's ripe for milking and who is injured. If the obvious trade is in the backs then get Lockyer in, if it's in the mids get Swan in.

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

Think you got your answer this round: Swan if you can afford him.

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

Swan rips it up!

I have to be careful with my last couple of trades though and I can still be swayed by injury concerns.

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

Don't know what trades you're planning for Bartel, Swan or Lockyer but a quick glance at your squad and your fourth place in the points rankings suggests you probably don't need to do them right now. With so many injuries and omissions every week - many of them surprising - I don't think it would be at all sensible to go lower than three trades with 12 weeks left.

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

M-boy wrote:Don't know what trades you're planning for Bartel, Swan or Lockyer but a quick glance at your squad and your fourth place in the points rankings suggests you probably don't need to do them right now. With so many injuries and omissions every week - many of them surprising - I don't think it would be at all sensible to go lower than three trades with 12 weeks left.
Yeah I think you're right I'm probably going to throw the brakes on this round depending on Gilbert/Chornes injuries. I'll only trade up to Swan if it looks like I'll be taking a donut. I've actually got 6 trades if I do that.

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

SunderlandFan wrote: Yeah I think you're right I'm probably going to throw the brakes on this round depending on Gilbert/Chornes injuries. I'll only trade up to Swan if it looks like I'll be taking a donut. I've actually got 6 trades if I do that.
Six trades, four trades, three trades? I'm confused.

Anyway it depends on the strength of your bench but I'm planning to go into the last eight with around four trades left. For me, I can see seven obvious upgrade/downgrades. That is 4-5 upgrades and 2/3 downgrades depending on value. That still leaves me playing at least one rookie (ceteris paribus Rich). That allows four purely for injuries, and as the games go on I can maybe do a bit more dealing with them - hopefully I won't need them all for injuries! At least one of the four is to cover my rucks as there's no way I can trade up there unless Jake Spencer or Andrew L Browne appear from nowhere.

golden bear
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 9 Ball Champ, Incidental and murfs Knockout Cups Winner

Post by golden bear »

golden bear wrote:Did Higgins (WBD) :arrow: Muston (HAW)
and Priddis (WCE) :arrow: Corey (GEE)

Was going to do one but think I've got some catching up to do. 13 trades left.

Joel Corey Geelong's "Mr Indestructible" gets signed by the Steam Pigs and is immediately injured......... :roll: ffs

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

Muston did well though GB

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

M-boy wrote:
SunderlandFan wrote: Yeah I think you're right I'm probably going to throw the brakes on this round depending on Gilbert/Chornes injuries. I'll only trade up to Swan if it looks like I'll be taking a donut. I've actually got 6 trades if I do that.
Six trades, four trades, three trades? I'm confused.

Anyway it depends on the strength of your bench but I'm planning to go into the last eight with around four trades left. For me, I can see seven obvious upgrade/downgrades. That is 4-5 upgrades and 2/3 downgrades depending on value. That still leaves me playing at least one rookie (ceteris paribus Rich). That allows four purely for injuries, and as the games go on I can maybe do a bit more dealing with them - hopefully I won't need them all for injuries! At least one of the four is to cover my rucks as there's no way I can trade up there unless Jake Spencer or Andrew L Browne appear from nowhere.
Keep up Mark, if I did my planned 2 trades this round, that would leave me with 4 for the rest of the season. If I ust bring in my 3 main targets then I'd have 3 left and if i do nothing I'll have 6 trades left. Clear as mud ;)

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

SunderlandFan wrote: Keep up Mark, if I did my planned 2 trades this round, that would leave me with 4 for the rest of the season. If I ust bring in my 3 main targets then I'd have 3 left and if i do nothing I'll have 6 trades left. Clear as mud ;)
Sorry Kelly, I'm a bit slow. 5 trades slower as it happens, or is it 7? Or 8? I don't know, all I know is I've got 11 trades left and I'm going to use them all. :)

Starting with Chornes if the rumours of five weeks out and a knee operation prove true. Then again there were rumours suggesting it was his calf and others saying ankle so who knows? That's one trade I'd like to avoid.

scottymac
Treebeard

Post by scottymac »

Injuryupdate http://www.injuryupdate.com.au/afl.php has him as 4 weeks:
Player Injury Onset Estimated Return
Chad Cornes knee meniscal tear Rnd 9 Rnd 14
Has had an arthroscope and will miss a month

My plan was to downgrade Ziebell and then upgrade Hill => Adcock , but might be in trouble if Rance doesn't return this week or Cheney doesn't make the cut.

scottymac
Treebeard

Post by scottymac »

I have 10 trades which I think will definitely become 8 after this round....

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

scottymac wrote:Injuryupdate http://www.injuryupdate.com.au/afl.php has him as 4 weeks:
Player Injury Onset Estimated Return
Chad Cornes knee meniscal tear Rnd 9 Rnd 14
Has had an arthroscope and will miss a month

My plan was to downgrade Ziebell and then upgrade Hill => Adcock , but might be in trouble if Rance doesn't return this week or Cheney doesn't make the cut.
Bollocks, bollocks, bollocks. Might have to trade like for like because none of my cash cows are ripe. Either that or try and cover it with the bench, at least for a week or two.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Australian Rules Football”