To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Mini League and Chairmans Comp

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by The Times newspaper
oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Mini League and Chairmans Comp

Post by oldbigead »

As theres a rule in this comp that a manager can only enter one team into a mini league i'd guess that its even more likely that FISO will take the mini league prize.

However theres also a Chairmans prize of 5,000 which i'd like to have a go at. But to do this i'll need at least 4 others to join me in a mini league that i'd set up near the end of October. If we can get 5 or 10 of us to agree to join each others leagues then we could all set up minis and all have an entry to go for the Chairmans prize.

Would anyone be interested?

andye
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Mini League and Chairmans Comp

Post by andye »

oldbigead wrote:As theres a rule in this comp that a manager can only enter one team into a mini league i'd guess that its even more likely that FISO will take the mini league prize.

However theres also a Chairmans prize of 5,000 which i'd like to have a go at. But to do this i'll need at least 4 others to join me in a mini league that i'd set up near the end of October. If we can get 5 or 10 of us to agree to join each others leagues then we could all set up minis and all have an entry to go for the Chairmans prize.

Would anyone be interested?
Yes , like you , I fancy a crack at the 5k so I will be setting up a league at the end of October

Quite happy to put my team with a Celtic defence into anyone's league who wants it :wink:

Cheers

Andy

Peoples
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Peoples »

Add me to the list as I too would like a go at the 5k chairmens prize.

Jan Molby's Bolws
Wideboy

Post by Jan Molby's Bolws »

Same here. Add my name.

Jeberdy
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jeberdy »

Currently have teams in 3rd, 30th, and 50th - plus some others hanging just outside the top 100. Would like a shot at the prize if possible, but happy enough just to join a competitive mini league.

JHT
Red & Blue Braces

Post by JHT »

andye wrote: Yes , like you , I fancy a crack at the 5k so I will be setting up a league at the end of October

Quite happy to put my team with a Celtic defence into anyone's league who wants it :wink:

Cheers

Andy
Ditto....

7lb claimer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by 7lb claimer »

Yes please - good idea.

savvyboy
FISOhead

Post by savvyboy »

have a team in the top 50 I'd like to be in with

do the leagues just have to be set up or fully created (with 5 members) before the deadline date

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

I think so.

As long as we all put a team in each others leagues we should all be able to go for the Chairmans comp.

buryboy
Treebeard

Post by buryboy »

this is one I may be interested in - may also try and set up my own leagu nearer the time ( and if I can get my top couple of teams a bit higher )

Conqueror Worm
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Virgin Media 2009 winner - 3rd place Ladbrokes Euro 2008 - 5th Ladbrokes 2009 2nd Metro 2009

Post by Conqueror Worm »

I'm not too bothered about chairing a league, but would like my best teams to be included in a minileague?

When are the leagues being set up?
I've been wondering about this for 3 months, but only just found the thread about a fiso minileague.

My teams aren't doing brilliantly, compared to some on here such as jeb, whose got 3 teams in the top 50, i'm more like 1000 odd, so maybe i'm not wanted :cry:

That said, isn't it the average just based on the top 5 teams in a league, so nearer the time I can just enter my best placed team and if they do well great, we all benefit, if not then nothing lost for other members, as I won't bring the average down anyway

Can you only enter 1 team into the minileague?

I would appreciate a reply on this, or feel feel to PM me
Cheers
Ben

7lb claimer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by 7lb claimer »

Fiso will have a mini league for sure - Ideal for you if you don't want to be a Chairman.
One team only - I should think details will be posted in the next fortnight.

Conqueror Worm
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Virgin Media 2009 winner - 3rd place Ladbrokes Euro 2008 - 5th Ladbrokes 2009 2nd Metro 2009

Post by Conqueror Worm »

7lb claimer wrote:Fiso will have a mini league for sure - Ideal for you if you don't want to be a Chairman.
One team only - I should think details will be posted in the next fortnight.
Many thanks mate :)

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

I have set a mini league up called fiso

pin 8001965.

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

Admin will set up a FISO league nearer the time. No point in entering mini leagues at this point.

You're obv intitled to set your own league up but it doesnt make sense to join it now.

And it made even less sense that you called it FISO.

And to be honest after all the nonsense that i had with you over the Sun Mini legaues i won't be entering your league anyway.....and if they've any sense neither should anyone else.

Cheers.

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Have learnt not to post again and again. Only called it Fiso as this is a Fiso forum

enzo_modisco
Kevin and Perry

Post by enzo_modisco »

Salut ;)

How is the MINI going ? - Reading, Deadline is 31/10 - not so far off ;)

Got one team in the top 100 and hope that will be fine for a go somewhere !

Greets, M.

andye
Grumpy Old Man

Post by andye »

FISO league is set up viewtopic.php?f=9&t=51270" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

enzo_modisco
Kevin and Perry

Post by enzo_modisco »

Nice

Also joined the FISO and the FISO Deux

Set up a sleeky league for ur Lucky loser or Avantgrarde teams to join:

GERMANS UK
PIN 8000057

Enjoy !

Still got 7 Teams to join other ppl leagues who join this one ! ;)

JHT
Red & Blue Braces

Post by JHT »

I'll be joining Andy's fiso league shortly......In the meantime, I've entered a mini-league for anyone to join which has a different prize money approach with the top 10 all earning should we be lucky enough to win a prize.
Details here viewtopic.php?f=9&t=51296" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good luck

John

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “The Times Newspaper FF Games”