To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The Mother of all RMTs (Ironfist's RMT thread)

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Re: The Mother of all RMTs (Ironfist's RMT thread)

Post by Stevieste »

Ironfist wrote: 29 Feb 2020, 12:50 While I watch the BHA - CRY game with Milo & Voodoo...

IMG_20200229_144126.jpg

Kong is suffering from the Corona virus...

20200210_230722.jpg
Me and Ronnie (CR7) waiting for the Wolves duo to improve our Gameweek score 🤣
A093D0B6-650B-45FC-81AC-E9CEF19DEACD.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ironfist
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th

Post by Ironfist »

Me and Ronnie (CR7) waiting for the Wolves duo to improve our Gameweek score 🤣

He is giving the camera *the evil eye* :lol: :mrgreen:

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Ironfist wrote: 01 Mar 2020, 10:38 Me and Ronnie (CR7) waiting for the Wolves duo to improve our Gameweek score 🤣

He is giving the camera *the evil eye* :lol: :mrgreen:
He knows ive jinx them already and spurs will win 🤣

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Maybe the dog is the jinx?

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

blahblah wrote: 01 Mar 2020, 11:44 Maybe the dog is the jinx?
Harsh. Does that dog look like it wants to be there?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 01 Mar 2020, 11:46
Exactly 😎

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 01 Mar 2020, 11:46
🤣🤣

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

GW30+ 1st attempt... crazy days...
GW30plus RMT.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Evening IF, how’re you doing?

Looks like a solid start. Presumably just playing 11 and a team for a few weeks, not just 2 or 3?
What is your plan for chips? Or have you used them?

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

Hello all... good to see you all here again. Those of you that survived intact and are not taking part in defacing British monuments atm.

It was harder than I expected to get back, mostly because for some strange reason some of the players' (PL players) names looked new or unfamiliar. Might be the effect of breathing through masks for such a long time, that minor brain strokes rearranged some FPL related parts of my brain. This Corona period was strenuous not just because of the home stays with the kids and their distant learning, but also because I am a volunteer Policeman and enforcing the law, perhaps slightly better than done in the UK, took its toll. It was weird driving on the empty major highways or dealing with quarantine breakers. But we're almost finished with that and Israel came out with flying colours and very low pandemic chaos scores, also ranked by Forbes the 3rd safest country in the world in terms of dealing with the Corona. [Obvious that, seeing how the Elders of Zion, manipulating the MSM and most western governments, pulling the strings behind the NWO... orchestrated the whole Corona thing :roll: - just checking to see if anyone actually reads this :P ]

So yes, I am not keen on a single week FPL squad mayhem, even though I still have two chips left (BB & TC). I think that 8 doublers for GW30+ is enough and might even help in curbing my uncontrollable urges to take hits later. I am not overly ecstatic with this team, but it's a start. As we near the 17th, I guess more info will be available.

Again... good to see you all survived :mrgreen:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

No comment re statues as I have pondered which was worse the holocaust or slavery....

I doubt I'm doing anything more than Ings to Vardy.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Nice to have you back, IF, and even nicer team. :D

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

blahblah wrote: 11 Jun 2020, 16:41 No comment re statues as I have pondered which was worse the holocaust or slavery....

I doubt I'm doing anything more than Ings to Vardy.
Dropping Ings just before he faces Norwich, with (supposedly) no home advantage either way?

huwdo
FISOhead

Post by huwdo »

Ironfist wrote: 10 Jun 2020, 20:51 GW30+ 1st attempt... crazy days...

GW30plus RMT.jpg
I'm not sure how well qualified I am, but my thoughts are:

- I'm a bit wary of Man City wing backs with the 5 sub rule. I've gone for Laporte instead, despite the extra £s.
- Could Son be a risk/overpriced with Kane back? Could a Leicester mid be a better option and use the cash elsewhere?
- I'd previously dismissed Kun, due to worries of flakiness around COVID, but think I might review as quite a few people seem to be prioritising him for GW30+.
- I'm not sure if this makes any sense but there's a few players here who were on form before the break (Jota, Grealish, Fernandes, Henderson), but don't necessarily have long term PL records. Given lack of data and predictability I wonder if it's better to go for those with a few seasons of form (which, conversely, argues for Walker, Son and Kun!! so maybe just ignore all this..)

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

You forgot what are Lpool going to be like as they have the title in the bag and no CL to prepare for....

cymbalrush84
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in Pendulum Swingers Super League 2006/7

Post by cymbalrush84 »

blahblah wrote:You forgot what are Lpool going to be like as they have the title in the bag and no CL to prepare for....
Hmmm...

Years back, it was easier to presume it would be the Origis and Milners of the squad, but given how Klopp has treated the domestic cups, it can literally be a lucky dip.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

Of the two 4.6m SHU Defenders Basham & Egan... who is more likely to play?

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

Basham started all 29 matches this season and Egan played in 28 out of 29 (started all 28), so I'd say they'll both definitely play

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Ironfist wrote: 17 Jun 2020, 09:24 Of the two 4.6m SHU Defenders Basham & Egan... who is more likely to play?
Probably both, esp. with rumours of O’Connell being out for the season

cymbalrush84
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in Pendulum Swingers Super League 2006/7

Post by cymbalrush84 »

Ironfist wrote:Of the two 4.6m SHU Defenders Basham & Egan... who is more likely to play?
They've only missed one game between them all season, but at 32 next month, will Basham cope with playing weekend-weekday-weekend? Hmm...

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

Thanks all :)

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 17 Jun 2020, 09:30
Ironfist wrote: 17 Jun 2020, 09:24 Of the two 4.6m SHU Defenders Basham & Egan... who is more likely to play?
Apparently no longer rumours....

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

blahblah wrote: 17 Jun 2020, 10:54
Smurphy's Paw wrote: 17 Jun 2020, 09:30
Apparently no longer rumours....
Thankfully... questionable... I went for Lundstram. :roll:

Now had to change Leno & Aguero... brought in DDG & Rashford... crazy year, crazy season.

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

Hello everyone,

Trust you all had a great summer despite masks, Corona, travel restrictions and such like.

Last season results - at least for me - were abysmal. Despite that there were two FISO related achievements; one was winning the Pick Quick competition, which I hooe will affect my Captain choices this upcoming season. Two, even better, was The Avenging Muppets coming Second at the 5AS tournament, bettering the previous season 4th. Such fantastic team mates made theseason sweet and the second place frustrating, especially as those lice infested featherless chickens called Falcons, nicked that victory right from under our noses (Kudos to them). There will be a reckoning!

This season continues the hectic state of the Corona world and throws a big mess the pricing and oop players we now have to pick from. Obviously any and most squads will rearranged once the fixtures are revealed, but it is one of the best parts of the season when we are all, including all previous FPL champions on the same rank and with the same aspirations.
So, what with the pricing being what it is, fixtures not revealed yet, news of Giroud 'innocently' breaking Werner's ankle in training, Willian scoring a hattrick in a friendly pre-season match and Salah kidnapped by the Muslim Brotherhood while on home leave in Egypt... here is what I came up with...
20200819_102458.jpg
Two issues to consider...
1. The 12.5m allocated to the 2nd STR & 4th MID... could change in any direction. Could also end up with only 12.0m for both, thus...
2. Will have another 0.5m to improve GK or the 5th DEF or maybe the 3rd STR.

I wish you all a much improved season.
May Tymora & FPL Towers smile upon you.

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2014/15 1757th FPL
Formerly David Luiz Is A Hero

Post by DavidLloydIsAHero »

I think I prefer Armstrong over JWP which would give you the .5M to get another 4.5 defender in. But if you go that way the only differences between our sides would be Robbo & Greenwood vs Bruno & Ferguson and a different 8.5 keeper combination/4.5 Burnley defender so of course I like the look of yours.

Taff Murray
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FISO 5AS FA Cup Winner 2016/17, FISO 5AS Champions League Winner 2018/19 Best FPL Pos 11/12 - 9959th

Post by Taff Murray »

This is so similar to mine that I almost thought you had nicked my screen shot. :shock:

I have now seen so many RMT's that are so similar that I am beginning to wonder if we have a template before the season has even kicked off or transfer window closed.

Are you not concerned about not having any Liverpool attackers because I know I am but I wouldn't know who to get rid of to get them in. Auba, KDB & Bruno look like no brainers and will be up there but that leaves zero room for Mane or Salah. Which one do you replace with one of these two? I certainly don't know. It's perm any 3 from 5 and hope to get it right.

Mind you once the fixture list is out that decision may be made for us. Particularly if the two Manc clubs will be missing in GW1.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Individual selections aside, I do wonder if you're leaving easy points in the table with the potential choices available at 4.5 in defence. Is the intention to play 352 with a 1-from-3 third defender pick each week?

If so then I so think there's a fairly big penalty being paid for the 4 premium attackers, and would consider dropping one of the midfield premiums so spread the savings around a little.

johnF
Grumpy Old Man

Post by johnF »

Nicely balanced team. Similar to my current draft (and lots of others) so I like it. What lineup are you planning to play?

GK - Agree that 2 cheapies seems to be the way to go. I would have liked Pope but can't justify the extra 1.0. I think Nyland might start the season as first choice for Villa so could actually be a playable alternative some weeks which is nice.
Def - I'd probably try to upgrade one of your 4.0 to a 4.5 if you can find the funds. Otherwise good.
Mid - 3 premiums all super good. Tough choice for me between Auba and Salah. Will wait for fixtures and see who has the easier start. I also really want Greenwood as he was playing regularly at the end of last season and I see no reason that won't continue which makes him a bargain at 7.5 IMO especially now that he's a mid. Hard to fit everyone in though.(I've done it by having 4 cheap defenders + TAA)
Strikers - I'm tempted by Werner but he's still unknown so that makes him a slight risk for me. Will wait for fixtures. If Chelsea have an easy start will take a punt on him, otherwise I'll go for Jimi or Martial and look to transfer in Werner after he has proven himself. Are we expecting Davis to start for Villa?

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

DavidLloydIsAHero wrote: 19 Aug 2020, 11:13 I think I prefer Armstrong over JWP which would give you the .5M to ... ...
Good idea that.

Taff Murray wrote: 19 Aug 2020, 11:37 ... ... Are you not concerned about not having any Liverpool attackers ... ...
Yes, very much so. However... fixtures first.

Mav3rick wrote: 19 Aug 2020, 12:07 Individual selections aside, I do wonder if you're leaving easy points in the table with the potential choices available at 4.5 in defence. Is the intention to play 352 with a 1-from-3 third defender pick each week?

If so then I so think there's a fairly big penalty being paid for the 4 premium attackers, and would consider dropping one of the midfield premiums so spread the savings around a little.
I was going to go with 5 premium attackers :shock: but it eventually just felt wrong. I don't consider Werner to be a premium attacker, but I fear a Liverpool meltdown so Salah/Mane will have to wait.

johnF wrote: 19 Aug 2020, 12:30 ... ...
Strikers - I'm tempted by Werner but he's still unknown so that makes him a slight risk for me. Will wait for fixtures. If Chelsea have an easy start will take a punt on him, otherwise I'll go for Jimi or Martial and look to transfer in Werner after he has proven himself. Are we expecting Davis to start for Villa?
Chelsea have a favourable first game...
Davis... space filler.

After a few more alterations and reveal of a few of the fixtures...
20200820_144853.jpg
or
20200820_152722.jpg

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

All of the above is now moot following the fixtures reveal...

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”