To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The Mother of all RMTs (Ironfist's RMT thread)

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
Ironfist
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th

The Mother of all RMTs (Ironfist's RMT thread)

Post by Ironfist »

This is IRONFIST's RMT thread :!: PLEASE start/post elsewhere your own RMT requests.

Early pre-season squad experiments... all help, ideas and thoughts appreciated

In list format for blahblah's convenience :wink:
Robinson
Bramble
Givet
Shawcross
Malouda
Fabregas
Arteta
Petrov
Tevez
Rooney
Doyle
-----------
Foster
Ferguson
Dann
TaylorS
Last edited by Ironfist on 22 Jul 2011, 16:23, edited 1 time in total.

Mintman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: I've won stuff...

Re: The Mother of all RMTs

Post by Mintman »

Nice team Iron, I won't be bothering with mine too much until a few more transfers have taken place. One thing I would look for though is 1 or 0.5 in the bank ready for those necessary early changes.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Ace reason :lol:

Robinson :shock:
Bramble :shock:
Givet :shock:
Shawcross
Malouda :D
Fabregas :D
Arteta :D
Petrov :D
Tevez :?:
Rooney :?:
Doyle :shock: :shock:
-----------
Foster :D
Ferguson :?:
Dann :D
TaylorS :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

Your frequent use of the :shock: smiley/icon makes me think we're using it for different purposes, or that you are far too easily shocked by trivial things. :)

Could you please explain why some of these players shock you...

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Ironfist wrote:Your frequent use of the :shock: smiley/icon makes me think we're using it for different purposes, or that you are far too easily shocked by trivial things. :)

Could you please explain why some of these players shock you...

Well you didn't give any for including them :wink:

Check out the link for where I am, at the moment.

Wigan, Newcastle and two Blackburn defenders are decidedly dodgy IMHO

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

blahblah wrote:Wigan, Newcastle and two Blackburn defenders are decidedly dodgy IMHO
Yes, you have a point there.
But any serious alterations to my team will require getting rid of Fabregas or Arteta... :(

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Ironfist wrote:
blahblah wrote:Wigan, Newcastle and two Blackburn defenders are decidedly dodgy IMHO
Yes, you have a point there.
But any serious alterations to my team will require getting rid of Fabregas or Arteta... :(

Which is why I am only really putting markers down, but I still think it looks OK.

animoxiety
Red & Blue Braces

Post by animoxiety »

My current team is VERY similiar to yours, only difference is that I'm only playing one big gun up front and use the spare money for my defence.

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

This is definitely work-in-progress and modifications will be made on regular basis.
Feel free to comment or take the piss out of my designs... :roll:

I'm still uncomfortable about 3 Birmingham players and Bale feels a wee dodgy, let alone picking Rooney over Drogboom... :?

alva_rulez_00
FISOhead

Post by alva_rulez_00 »

Changing bramble by craddock isn't a good choice?

And i see better players in spite of petrov. At the same price of 0.5 less. But i enjoyed the team. Good work

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

The players I'm still having doubts with, and their potential replacements;

GK: Sorensen. :arrow: a 4.5 keeper Robinson or Jaaskalainen.
Def: Bramble. :arrow: trade up to Upson at 5.0m which I can afford now.
Mid: Bale. :arrow: looking at Dempsey/Diamanti/Bilyaletdinov/Kranjcar/Flatcher...
Att: Doyle. :arrow: downgrade to Ameobi.

Your ideas...

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Ironfist wrote:The players I'm still having doubts with, and their potential replacements;

Mid: Bale. :arrow: looking at Dempsey/Diamanti/Bilyaletdinov/Kranjcar/Flatcher...

Your ideas...

Bit early to be dotting i's and crossing t's IMHO. They are OK as markers for cash etc.

Surely getting the structure is all you\we can do at the moment?

alva_rulez_00
FISOhead

Post by alva_rulez_00 »

Ironfist wrote:The players I'm still having doubts with, and their potential replacements;

Your ideas...
Hahnemann is a good choice of keeper too. For me Hahnemann or Robinson.

Bramble by Upson a good move but still prefer craddock

Doyle :arrow: Lovenkrands not better? I think he is gonna be the principal striker of Newcastle. But never know

I think Bale should stay in, but if you're going to move Dempsey or Kranjcar

Bandit
Grumpy Old Bootlegger

Post by Bandit »

With talk of Carlo Nash been a possible arrival at Stoke I think Sorensen's days are now numbered....Begovic (4.5m) will step up to be the new No1 IMO so think he's as good a replacement as any (he's in my team)
I don't see that as a trade up tbh....Titus may be much maligned but he always scores well enough in the final shake up
I've currently got Bale but I'm strongly looking at N'Zog for his position....Dempsey will always do ok, Diamanti has a horrible start, Russian Billy is in for a great season IMO but may need time to get into his stride, Fletcher is not guarenteed to start week in week out
I reckon Andy Carroll is going to move on a notch and become the out n out top dog at Newcastle from now on....he's a much better player than people give him credit for

Your ideas...
:D

ishnid
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ishnid »

Bandit wrote:

With talk of Carlo Nash been a possible arrival at Stoke I think Sorensen's days are now numbered....Begovic (4.5m) will step up to be the new No1 IMO so think he's as good a replacement as any (he's in my team)
Pulis has described Nash as third-choice and stated that Sorensen is staying.

silverfox35
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: 237 ytm wolrd cup

Post by silverfox35 »

This is my 1st draft team and my 1st year playing fpl , feed back would be good
gk.howard
d1,jagielka
d2,evans
d3,vidic
d4,ivanovic

m1.arteta
m2,moulada
m3 petrov
m4 nzogbia

st1.drogba
st2,rodallega
subs
foester , adam ,carrol, kosielny

Scottoffee
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in a month on Sky at some point...

Post by Scottoffee »

ishnid wrote:
Bandit wrote:

I've heard (only from a mate in Stoke) that Sorensen may be off to Celtic - sort of sounds plausible, they've gotten rid of Boruc to Fiorentina and Newcastle refused to let Harper go.

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

Scottoffee wrote:
ishnid wrote:
Bandit wrote:

I've heard (only from a mate in Stoke) that Sorensen may be off to Celtic - sort of sounds plausible, they've gotten rid of Boruc to Fiorentina and Newcastle refused to let Harper go.
Thnks guys.

It might be a good idea altogether to avoid any and all SC GKs until the picture is clearer there. If Schwartzer really moves then he might become a good option instead of Sorensen.

Bale still worries me. If all these new additions to Tot will materialise he'll be kept back and losses some/most of his FPL charm. Will have to see who gets more mentions in the press before season start to think of a replacement.
:)

Uzbekistan
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Uzbekistan »

I'd chose Samba, over Givet. Samba is more attacking DEF, isn't he?
Rooney could miss the first match against NU?
Don't have any expencive DEF?

Bandit
Grumpy Old Bootlegger

Post by Bandit »

ishnid wrote:
Bandit wrote:

Well that's concrete then :lol: Pulis doesn't seem to have faith in Sorensen, theres been talk of fall outs before and remember he tried to sign David James last year when there was talk of Sorensen leaving....I may be wrong but I doubt we'll be seeing the Big Dane between the sticks next season to be fair

ishnid
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ishnid »

Pulis's quote on the subject is here, so now you can decide for yourself (if you believe him ;))

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

I find myself drawn to a couple of combinations and can't make my mind up between them. Yes I know there's plenty of time and that we'll know more before the season starts, but this is an interesting point in itself.

[Rooney & Bale] Vs [RVP & Arteta].
Huge impact last season Vs Potential huge impact this season.

What do you lot think?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Rooney is due to be rested at the start of the season :cry: ; Bale is now in midfield, so he will lose points :cry: ; Rvp is fit at the moment :) , Citeh are rumoured to be after Arteta :cry: , but then they are after anyone who can kick a ball, allegedly :lol: :lol:

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

In this Striker+Midfielder combo qunandrum I decided to go with Drogba+Bale, though I'm still looking for a better option than Bale. He is fast becoming a too popular choice for my liking, which guarantees he'll under-perform FPL wise.

Thus I'm trying now all sorts of combos replacing these players:

Att: Tevez 10.5m and/or Doyle 5.5m :arrow: RVP/Bent/Hernandez
Mid: Bale 6.5m :arrow: Kranjcar/Bilyaletdinov/Hunt/Parker/Fletcher
Def: Ridgewell 5.0m :arrow: Dann/Nelsen/Craddock
GK: Robinson 4.5m :arrow: Schwartzer

Total: 32.0m

Hmm... :idea:

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

Well, I've managed to make some changes, the main one being ousting Malouda for Essien which freed a bit of cash for improvements, chief amongst them upgrading Doyle to Bent.

Here's my current team...

The two debatable spots are Dunn & Figueroa which are worth 11.0m together.
I picked Dunn as he seems to be in good form (managed the game and scored against Southport) and good spirits (spoke enthusiastically about improvement of Blackburn's away games this season). Figueroa might be moving to Liverpool (?) so that's a positive move for him and at that price... This change also allowed me to upgrade Robinson to Schwartzer, yet again a potential upgrading move.

So, what do you gents think of my team?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Ironfist wrote: So, what do you gents think of my team?

It does not look like your team for the season KO.

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

blahblah wrote:
Que? :?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Ironfist wrote:
blahblah wrote:

There seems to be more transfers being mooted this close season than I can remember, let alone the players who will not have their expected first-team slots moving on. From Citeh Ireland, Bridge and Bellamy can be expected to be a tad narked; Arsenal have gone back in for Jags; if the Jol and Ibramovich to Fulham story is correct, what about Zamora to Liverpool? If Evra or A Cole goes to Real, there is a position up up grabs. This is without Fa/FFL going or staying...........

While there may not actually be that many transfers, they could be very FF relevant :wink:

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

blahblah wrote:
Ironfist wrote:
blahblah wrote:
There seems to be more transfers being mooted this close season than I can remember, let alone the players who will not have their expected first-team slots moving on. From Citeh Ireland, Bridge and Bellamy can be expected to be a tad narked; Arsenal have gone back in for Jags; if the Jol and Ibramovich to Fulham story is correct, what about Zamora to Liverpool? If Evra or A Cole goes to Real, there is a position up up grabs. This is without Fa/FFL going or staying...........
While there may not actually be that many transfers, they could be very FF relevant :wink:
I still seem to miss something. Either I've become dumber over the summer, or you have not been taking our pills regularly :wink:
I understand what you are saying about further repositioning of players before the start of the season and that further changes will be made even to my illustrious team :roll: but all I wanted was an assessment of the squad I presented... :) so what am I missing? :?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Just repeating myself, really.

All this twitching and tweaking is a bit of a waste. Try thinking more about distribution of cash, fixtures, contingency plans for key FF transfers happening, or not happening etc.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”