To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

MHiggi's Revival

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
Ironfist
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th

Re: McTrinity Rangers 09/10

Post by Ironfist »

MHiggi wrote:Can anybody help me spend my 6.4m this week?!
Distin & Anelka OUT

Evra & Defoe IN

8-)

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

Cheers Ironfist. It does look as though I need to get rid of Distin - shocking run of form and terrible next 4 GW's - but I can't swap him for the obvious Evra as I'm not allowed any Utd players.

I could move to the reliable Chelsea defence and get A Cole back in.

And I'd rather not take a 4-point hit for Defoe for an away game at Villa. Having missed all his price rises this week I think I'll hold off bringing him in.

Or will I? 80 minutes to decide!

Also who do you think I should captain? No obvious candidates in my team :(

roneilc
FISOhead

Post by roneilc »

MHiggi wrote:Cheers Ironfist. It does look as though I need to get rid of Distin - shocking run of form and terrible next 4 GW's - but I can't swap him for the obvious Evra as I'm not allowed any Utd players.

I could move to the reliable Chelsea defence and get A Cole back in.

And I'd rather not take a 4-point hit for Defoe for an away game at Villa. Having missed all his price rises this week I think I'll hold off bringing him in.

Or will I? 80 minutes to decide!

Also who do you think I should captain? No obvious candidates in my team :(
definitely get rid of distin, perhaps bring in a birmingham defender (one of the cheapest clean sheets candidates this year)
I wouldn't go for defoe because I see him getting a mere 2 points today. Captain Bent against a very weak Wigan defence, can see bent scoring at least 4 :wink:

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

roneilc wrote:definitely get rid of distin, perhaps bring in a birmingham defender (one of the cheapest clean sheets candidates this year)
I wouldn't go for defoe because I see him getting a mere 2 points today. Captain Bent against a very weak Wigan defence, can see bent scoring at least 4 :wink:
I guess I haven't got Birmingham/Stoke defenders in because I have goalkeepers from those clubs, but they do seem as good as any for clean sheets this season. Only thing is that saves me even more money, when I think I should really be spending it on some guaranteed point-getters (if there are such a thing).

I suppose Milner :arrow: Lampard in a couple of weeks will sort that out.

Is Bent a certainty to play (I've missed all the news this week and he's yellow-flagged on FPL)?

Thanks for the comments

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

I have two free transfers to use and here is what I'm working with:
Turner is going and I'm pretty much sold on Cahill at the moment. He gets bonus points, he scores goals and I'm confident that Bolton will improve on their zero clean sheets to date (he's scored well despite that fact).

Like everyone else I have the Drogba dilemma, but I'm inclined to leave it until next week to move him out - although I should probably decide my plan of action now.

So for my second free transfer of this week, maybe I look at my midfield. Tuncay has caught my eye for example, but I'm happy with each of my 5 midfielders for the moment. Villa have some tough fixtures but it still doesn't feel like the right time to cash in on Milner.

That brings me back to my forwards, and Darren Bent who isn't exactly setting the world alight at the moment. He's a streaky scorer (as is Defoe) so maybe it is time to jump ship. Possibly on to the Zamora bandwagon, what do you think?

GW19 Turner :arrow: Cahill
GW19 Bent :arrow: Zamora

Leaves me 2.9 in the bank

GW20 Drogba :arrow: Anelka

Then for GW20 my doublers would be Sorenson, Cahill, Dempsey, Fabregas, Arshavin, Zamora. They will be supplemented by Anelka, Defoe, Milner, Dunne, A Cole.

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

Hi :)
Cahill and Zamora are good choices for the dgw, though you can also consider Klasnic...
However, I'm not sure Anelka is the best Drogba replacement. You should also consider a ManCiteh striker, maybe Tevez or SantaCruz.

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

Ironfist wrote:Hi :)
Cahill and Zamora are good choices for the dgw, though you can also consider Klasnic...
However, I'm not sure Anelka is the best Drogba replacement. You should also consider a ManCiteh striker, maybe Tevez or SantaCruz.
Hi, thanks for the advice - I've just seen the Anelka injury so I agree he isn't the way to go. I also saw that you were putting Santa Cruz in your team and thought that you have more faith in him than I do! Since that one doesn't have to be done this week I may see how things go against Stoke.

ruthie
Red & Blue Braces

Post by ruthie »

Who did you decide to captain this GW?

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

The armband's on Drogba at the moment, but there's no stand out choices. And with 2 transfers still to make that could still change.

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

I was umming and arring over Zamora, and which striker I should lose if I were to bring him in - and now he's gone up in price. Anyway, I'll be losing Drogba after this week so I can see how everyone plays at the weekend before I decide on his replacement.

In the meantime I've just noticed that I can afford to do:

Turner :arrow: Cahill
O'Hara :arrow: Tuncay

As much as I think O'Hara is a good pick (certainly good value), he would have been on my bench for the next few weeks and I can get Tuncay in for the DGW at no extra cost.

Of course having one less obvious bench player makes team selection even harder!

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

Well I got my team selection horribly wrong this week, particularly in goal, but now here is what I'm left with for GW20:

Sorensen
(Hart)

Cahill
Cole
Dunne
(Dann)
(Mears)

Fabregas (c)
Arshavin
Dempsey
Tuncay

(Milner)

Drogba :arrow: Zamora
Bent
Defoe

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

I'm having a disastrous time at the moment - I've doubled my overall ranking in the last 5 weeks by dropping down the rankings each week. I have 5.3m to play with after ditching Drogba a week too soon and here is what I have to work with:
Tuncay (and stoke in general) is pants but apart from that I don't really know what to do. The No-Man- Utd-player rule is hurting me in the overall standings but I'll have to live with that.

Fabregas/Arshavin are frustrating me so depending on injuries I might go for Lampard for this week. I'll no doubt pick the wrong one though.

I need the guidance of an impartial advisor...

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

I'm by no means "impartial" but if you'll have it, here's my advice... :)

Keepers: Fine. Keep an eye out for Sorensen's condition.

Defence: Cahill & Mears can and maybe should be replaced. When opportunity presents itself, so should Cashley. Do consider a FU defender, perhaps Ivanovic and/or Zhirkov (depending on game time) and maybe even Dawson (TO).

Midfield: Sanli must go, Fab must stay the others when and where opportunity presents itself. Consider Kranjcar/Modric, Giggs and a BI MF maybe Bowyer as a cheapie.

Strikers: Keep Defoe & Bent and replace Zamora after gw21. Consider ManC Tevez/Bellamy or an expensive Rooney or Torres. Look out for new transfers during January window... Nistleroy *cough cough*

:)

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

Cheers Ironfist, you're a star.
Ironfist wrote:Keepers: Fine. Keep an eye out for Sorensen's condition.
They're locked in for the season I think. They've both proved that I shouldn't be afraid to pick them against even the best teams.
Ironfist wrote:Defence: Cahill & Mears can and maybe should be replaced. When opportunity presents itself, so should Cashley. Do consider a FU defender, perhaps Ivanovic and/or Zhirkov (depending on game time) and maybe even Dawson (TO).
I've just got Cahill in and I think he represents decent value as he gets regular bonus points and the odd goal.
I prefer the automatic starter, A.Cole, over the uncertainty over the likes of Ivanovic/Zhirkov so he's safe for now as well.
Mears is cheap as anything so probably isn't a priority to move.
Ironfist wrote:Midfield: Sanli must go, Fab must stay the others when and where opportunity presents itself. Consider Kranjcar/Modric, Giggs and a BI MF maybe Bowyer as a cheapie.
Tuncay is my dud here. If I bring in Modric/Kranjcar then I'll have a hell of a selection dilemma each week with that midfield, whereas I would normally have a cheapie who's a regular on my bench a la Bowyer/O'Hara.
I could do Arshavin/Tuncay :arrow: Modric/Lampard but that would cost me 4 points.
Ironfist wrote:Strikers: Keep Defoe & Bent and replace Zamora after gw21. Consider ManC Tevez/Bellamy or an expensive Rooney or Torres. Look out for new transfers during January window... Nistleroy *cough cough*
I got Zamora for the DGW and he's actually looking fantastic at the moment. The fixtures point towards getting rid as you say, but I'll weigh up those options later on I think.

So I'll be sorting out my midfield this week. I don't want to take out Arshavin/Fabregas for a 4 point hit, but I believe Lampard is a must for the next few weeks. He will step up during the African Cup of Nations.

I'll come back after the midweek games and do some more thinking out loud here. Thanks for the help so far Ironfist.

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

Lampard is coming in, and he will wear the armband, that much I know.*

But who to take out: Fabregas or Arshavin? Cesc is the obvious choice since he's still an injury doubt, but I lose 0.6m from the sale making him much harder to get back in. Arshavin isn't flourishing even though Arsenal are doing well at the moment so I'm leaning towards doing Arshavin :arrow: Lampard at the moment, leaving me 3.3m in the bank. Knowing my luck AA will have a field day at home against Everton though...

Then I have to think about my injured and underperforming players. I can field a reasonable starting 11 so I need to be convinced by any potential 4 point transfers.

Zamora - out for a month, no stand out candidates but would ideally like to remove before he drops in price so I can bank my 0.1m profit
Tuncay - just about paid off for the DGW but then got injured. He's also my most expendable midfielder and could be downgraded to Bowyer/O'Hara for cash. Not a priority change.
A Cole - points have dried up and may not even be guaranteed his place any more. Not acceptable for such an expensive defender, but with some nice fixtures coming up this also isn't a priority change unless I need the cash.

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

MHiggi wrote:Lampard is coming in, and he will wear the armband, that much I know.*
But who to take out: Fabregas or Arshavin? Cesc is the obvious choice since he's still an injury doubt, but I lose 0.6m from the sale making him much harder to get back in. Arshavin isn't flourishing even though Arsenal are doing well at the moment so I'm leaning towards doing Arshavin :arrow: Lampard at the moment, leaving me 3.3m in the bank. Knowing my luck AA will have a field day at home against Everton though...
Well,... have you solved this one yet? I have the exact same issue!Not that you'd make an effort to reply in my RMT thread too :( What are you going to do on this one?

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

I'm more inclined to just stick with what I've got this week and use a double transfer next week when the fixture list settles down a bit and DGW's become clear.

Do not play in GW21:
Zamora - At Fulham *injured*
Tuncay - At Burnley *injured*
Dempsey - At Fulham *postponed*
Defoe - At Liverpool *postponed*
Sorensen - At Burnley *postponed*
Mears - At Burnley *postponed*
Cahill - At Sunderland *postponed*
Bent - At Sunderland *postponed*
Cole - At Hull *postponed*
Dunne - At Wigan *postponed*
Milner - At Wigan *postponed*
Fabregas - At Arsenal *injured*

GW21 remaining players:
Hart - At Birmingham
Dann - At Birmingham
Arshavin - At Arsenal

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

Already looking at my GW22 transfers, I have two freebies and my first thoughts are to do 2 (or all 3) of these:

Tuncay :arrow: Modric
Arshavin :arrow: Lampard
Zamora :arrow: Jerome

Then my team for next week would be:

Hart (Pompey a)
Cole (Sunderland H)
Dunne (West Ham H)
Dann (Pompey a)
(c) Lampard (Sunderland H)
Fabregas (Bolton a)
Milner (West Ham H)
Dempsey (Blackburn a)
Modric (Hull H)
Defoe (Hull H)
Jerome (Pompey a)

Bench: Sorensen, Mears, Cahill, Bent

I quite like the look of that.

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

Well I guess I can scrap the above post and start again now that the extra fixtures have been confirmed. I guess it makes Tuncay :arrow: Modric an even better transfer, but now do I keep Arshavin in or not?! I could even downgrade to Diaby and then have a better forward instead of Jerome.

Hart (Pompey a)
Cole (Sunderland H)
Dunne (West Ham H)
Cahill (Arsenal h) (Arsenal a)
Arshavin (Bolton a) (Bolton h)
Fabregas (Bolton a) (Bolton h)
Milner (West Ham H)
Dempsey (Blackburn a)
:arrow: Modric (Hull H) (Liverpool a)
Defoe (Hull H) (Liverpool a)
:arrow: STRIKER

Bench: Sorensen, Dann, Mears, Bent

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

I've already used my free transfer this week, and my team currently looks like this:

Sorensen, Hart
Dunne, Collins, Baird, Dann, A.Cole
Lampard, Fabregas, Milner, N'Zogbia, Etherington
Drogba, Rodallega, Bent

I can afford to let my 2 injured players fall by 0.1 before I lose real money, but now Cole is out for the season I need a replacement.

GW27 I have no doublers
GW28 I'm missing 3xAVL
GW29 I'm missing 2xCHE, 1xFUL and probably 3xAVL - oh dear
GW30 I have 5 doublers, 3xAVL and 2xWIG
GW31 I have 4 doublers, 2xCHE and 2xBIR

So I'll probably take a hit to get rid of Cole this week and then reassess again next week, but the question is who for. Vermaelan is favourite so far I think.

MHiggi
FISOhead

Re: MHiggi's RMT

Post by MHiggi »

I have this team, 2 free transfers and my indecisiveness means I'm missing out on price increases.

Pope - Henderson
Robertson - VVD - Zinchenko - Dunk - Diop
Salah - Sterling - Martial - Perez - Dendoncker
Jimenez - King - Ings

Option 1
Ings -> Pukki
Perez -> Ceballos

Option 2
Perez -> KDB
Jimenez -> Pukki
Robertson -> Soyuncu

Option 3
Wildcard!

Luxmonk
Treebeard

Post by Luxmonk »

Wow! Really blowing the cobwebs off thIs one....
What a great read, it’s like travelling back in time! Still not sure about the Chimbonda pick ;-)

Not thing really wrong with the above but I’d chose option 2.

Thanks for the memories :-)

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Option 2. How did the Vermaelen transfer go? ;)

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

Option 2... :)

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

Luxmonk wrote: 21 Aug 2019, 07:48 Wow! Really blowing the cobwebs off thIs one....
Haha, just the 10 seasons in between!

Thanks for the replies endorsing Option 2. It's interesting that I considered lots of variations and kept finding reasons to talk myself out of transfers, but as soon as I decided to post on here I found an option that seems to work.

GW3 will look like this:

Pope / Henderson
Soyuncu - VVD - Zinchenko - Dunk
Salah - Sterling (c) - Martial - KDB
Pukki - King
(Diop - Dendoncker - Ings)
Last edited by MHiggi on 26 Aug 2019, 10:52, edited 1 time in total.

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

Aldershot Rejects wrote: 21 Aug 2019, 08:36 How did the Vermaelen transfer go? ;)
Hard to say, probably got injured!

Thinking back to when I used to take fantasy football semi-seriously, it would be nice to beat my 32k finish with the team above, but there are probably 5 times as many managers these days!

MHiggi
FISOhead

Re: MHiggi's Revival

Post by MHiggi »

MHiggi wrote: 21 Aug 2019, 18:55GW3 will look like this:

Pope / Henderson
VVD - Zinchenko - Soyuncu - Dunk
Salah - Sterling (c) - KDB - Martial
Pukki - King
(Diop - Dendoncker - Ings)
Only 1 FT and 0.1m in the bank to improve on this for GW4. I'm happy enough with where the bulk of the money is spent, it's mainly the bench and King I'm not so happy with. Since I'm priced out of moves like Dendoncker :arrow: Cantwell, or King :arrow: Barnes, it's probably best to roll this week's transfer rather than take a hit.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

Rolling would be my choice for you, but I am hit happy at the best of times :mrgreen:
The good news is hits do not count in game week 1 of each round in the divisional championship :)

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

I think the main reason for me to be more proactive is to increase the team value, but I’ve already missed increases for Cantwell and Mount and I’m not sure where I’d save money to get Abraham.

Diop :arrow: Lundstram
King :arrow: Barnes

This could be one option, but LIV doesn’t seem like the best fixture to bring in Barnes for a hit. It could cost me 0.2 or 0.3 more if I wait until next week though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

It’s just occurred to me that I can just bring in Lundstram for free before his price rise this week, and then have 0.5m to spend going into the international break.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”