To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

MHiggi's Revival

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Re: MHiggi's Revival

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Looks like he might rise tonight

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

Going into GW13 I have this squad, 2 FTs and no money in the bank.

Pope – McGovern
TAA – Tomori – Lundstram – Soyuncu – Rico
Mané – Sterling – KDB – Mount – James
Vardy – Abraham – Connolly

I don’t think there’s much I can do with my defence or attack, so I’ll have to focus on my midfield.

My wish list includes Maddison (if he's fit) and my “happy to trade” list includes James. That swap requires saving 1.4m, so here are 3 options.
-> Sterling to Son
-> KDB to Martial
-> Mount to base price e.g. Hayden

Any advice much appreciated, thanks.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

It depends on how many Defenders you are prepared to play, I assume you only start the main 2 Fwds.

Habing a Base Price starting Mid on the bench is an obvious move, unless you are obsessed with going 352 every GW....

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

Yeah I wish I’d gone base price in GW11 instead of getting James (when I was finding cash for Vardy), so that is probably my preferred option. I think playing 4 defenders is fine and having fewer gameweek selection headaches is definitely a plus.

If I go down that route now, I realise I have 8.4 to spend and a choice of these mids for the fourth spot in my starting line-up

Maddison (7.5), Martial (7.8), Pulisic (7.4), Mount (6.7)

Are they all fit to play this weekend?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

You already have Mount?

I'd save a bit of cash yo be able to upgrade to Lpool Def's when they start playing properly.... Abd if they don't my lot are im a worse state than now as I have 3 of them 😎😎😎

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

blahblah wrote: 22 Nov 2019, 16:09You already have Mount?
I know but if I decide Mount is the best option then I can keep him and bank the transfer.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

But you have 2 FT's so James to 4.4 is ok to burn this one and you'll still have 2 next GW....

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

After GW13 I have the following squad with 1 FT and 0.9 in the bank.

Pope – (McGovern)
TAA – Lundstram – Soyuncu – Tomori – (Rico)
Mané – Sterling – KDB – Maddison – (Hayden)
Vardy – Abraham – (Connolly)

What I like most about this squad is that if everyone is fit there's an obvious bench. However, now that Abraham is going to miss out vs West Ham, I’m thinking of these 4 options for GW14:

1) Sterling to Salah – I prefer the double LIV than double MCY for now (I’ll also be happy if this backfires as a City fan)
2) Sterling & Hayden to Son & Pulisic, take a hit to play a strong 4-5-1 this week but potentially create a selection issue for the future
3) Sterling & Tomori to Son & Robertson, take a hit, get a second premium defender, still have 1.0 in the bank
4) Do nothing, play Sterling vs Newcastle (a), use the bench and bank a transfer for next week

This means the 3 places in my starting XI for GW14 will be filled by:

1) Tomori, Salah, Hayden
2) Tomori, Son, Pulisic (-4 points)
3) Robertson, Son, Hayden (-4 points)
4) Tomori, Sterling, Hayden

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Fuzzy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: meh

Post by Fuzzy »

What blah said.

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

Thanks for the replies. My reaction of being disappointed is quite revealing - it tells me I would prefer to switch Sterling for one of the Liverpool assets (Salah or Son/Robertson). I'll continue to ponder.

Fuzzy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: meh

Post by Fuzzy »

A 5th yellow for Raz may force your hand, soon enough.

The rotation / “managed time” aspect over the next 3 gameweeks is the nagging query for me, in terms of using “discretionary” transfers, and who to use them on.

(PS sorry to disappoint :wink: )

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

I can’t see a hit being worth it in the short term.
Especially without Kün, Sterling looks more certain to start than Salah. As Fuzzy mentions, Mo still has that nagging injury issue and numerous games coming up so I wonder if he’ll have his game time managed.

I am not sure this GW is right for the hit but I don’t mind the look of (3). But taking Tomori out for a hit when he’s about to play West Ham? Nah!

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Far be it from me to deter people from taking hits, but both options shaft your structure? The only one I vaguely like is the Son Robbo one - but then you have the dilemma of having a squad rather like mine 😂😂😂

Is Tammy definitely out?

You have a bench that you like so use it?

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

MHiggi wrote: 28 Nov 2019, 15:08 1) Tomori, Salah, Hayden
2) Tomori, Son, Pulisic (-4 points)
3) Robertson, Son, Hayden (-4 points)
4) Tomori, Sterling, Hayden
2 all day long for me. Son and Pulisic for a hit is a better bet than any strategy which forces you to field Isaac Hayden.

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

Thanks for the replies. I'm leaning away from Salah as I'm not sure on his fitness or how many league games he will play in December, but still think I'll trade Sterling. Another option is to transfer in Jiménez for Connolly with the money I save from Sterling -> Son, but I think I prefer Hayden -> Pulisic.

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

For GW25 I have this lot with 0.1 in the bank and 1 FT:

Pope - (McGovern)
TAA - Soyuncu - Lundstram - Rico - (Kelly)
Salah - (Mané) - KDB - Martial - Maddison
Jiménez - Ings - (Connolly)

Despite Mané being out this week and a few question marks elsewhere, I'm tempted to roll my transfer.

Mané - I have quite a bit of value tied up in him and he might be back for GW26.
Lundstram - has he definitely lost his place in the team? I straight swap for O'Connell might be sensible.
Soyuncu - pretty useless lately with three tough fixtures
Connolly - I can only upgrade him if I save money from Mané

No single transfers stand out for me, but I could do Mané/Connolly -> Grealish/Firmino, although that creates a benching dilemma.

Any suggestions?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Definite Roll for me. It will be easier to change using 2 so wait a few hours....

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

I’ve now gone from rolling a transfer to considering a Wildcard.

Defence - Lundstram and Kelly are not starting any more. Soyuncu doesn’t score any points. Rico is passable as a 5th defender but nothing more.

Midfield - Mané may or may not be back next game and I lose value on his next drop. Maddison has 1 haul in 9, Martial 1 in 5.

Strikers - my main two are fine but Connolly is a dud and I’d prefer my 3rd bench player to be a midfielder who starts instead.

Is it possible to sort this mess out while keeping my WC?

Lundstram -> O’Connell
Kelly -> Lascelles
Maddison -> Grealish
Martial -> Fleck
Connolly -> Wood
Mané/Soyuncu -> Son/Robertson

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

I hit my wildcard button last night as my bench was in bad shape also, but so was some of my starting players.

Like you say Lundstram dropped so his 1 point cameo no good to us now.

Martial even though is oop for man utd is just an awful player in an awful team.
Didnt mind losing the value invested in him either, as him or man Utd will not be improving anytime soon

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

A. Umber of the players you propose to bring in also miss GW28. If you’re going to make half a dozen changes I’d plan for at least one sub that game week

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

Ahead of GW27, 1FT, 0.1 ITB

Pope - 4m
TAA - Soyuncu - O'Connell - (Lascelles) - (Rico)
Salah - Mané - KDB - Martial - Maddison
Jiménez - Ings - (Connolly)

For a while I've been wanting to drop a midfielder so I can upgrade Connolly, but I'm not sure which striker I want or even which mid to lose. I can get away with just missing 3 in GW28 (O'Connell, KDB and Connolly), but I should have a bit more cover for rotation. A straight swap from Connolly to Long just occurred to me but I can't even afford that this week without a hit.

So for the moment I'm thinking that I'll roll my transfer this week - unless anyone has any bright ideas, thanks.

Stu255
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stu255 »

Same team as me except I have Pereira + Stephens instead of Soy + Ocon and Perez instead of Martial.

I’m loathe to do much with my equally poor bench as so many DGW’s, FH, BB, WC still to go. The big focus is on getting the big hitters in to leverage all the chips and DGW’s

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

Maddison -> Traore looks good in GW27 and the saving would come in handy, but I have a feeling Maddison will score against Norwich in GW28 and rolling over the transfer gives me extra flexibility next week.

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

MHiggi wrote: 23 Feb 2020, 10:31 I've got all my money in my midfield (Salah, Mané, KDB, Martial, Maddison) so I'm constrained to upgrade the cheaper half of my squad (Rico and Connolly in particular).

I could use the 0.1 I have to do O'Connell -> Boly this week, but I'm seeing very little else to inspire me.
The draw of Vardy against Norwich and my inability to trade up from Rico or Connolly to a Wolves player has convinced me to lose KDB this week. I'm sure I'll want him back - if/when a double GW presents itself, especially if he's now on pens - but he definitely misses GW28, probably GW31 and he could be rotated in between.

Connolly -> Vardy
Rico -> Boly/Saiss
KDB -> 4.7/4.9

I could wait a week on the Wolves defender to avoid the hit, but I'm unsure on which cheap mid to go for. Saka is tempting as the most potential (I don't need him in GW28 and realistically I would never be starting my 5th mid anyway). Or a bit more for Capoue who has a guaranteed GW31.

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

First one of 2020/21...

Martinez - (Steer)
Robertson - Chilwell - Zouma - (Kilman) - (Mitchell)
Son - Ziyech - Rodriguez - Grealish - (Bissouma)
Kane - Vardy - Calvert-Lewin

With just 0.1 in the bank, I don't see any single transfers I want to do, so I'm contemplating a possible triple with a switch from 3-4-3 to 4-4-2: Mitchell, Rodriguez, Kane :arrow: Dias, KDB, Brewster

Or just carrying over a transfer!

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

I would definitely carry the transfer :)

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

As an owner I’d steer you away from bringing in Brewster for free, never mind for a hit

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

Brewster is just a perma-sub (replacing Mitchell in my squad) and enables KDB this week.

Realistically for GW10 it would be Kane (che) & Rodriguez (LEE) vs KDB (BUR) & Kilman (ars) -4
Then bring in Dias in GW11 to have Kane (ARS) & Rodriguez (bur) vs KDB (FUL) & Dias (FUL)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”