To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

In for a penny, in for a pound.

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: In for a penny, in for a pound.

Post by blahblah »

I woke up this morning and had to look at my OR to make sure it wasn't a drinkled dream πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I'm sure a fair few Capt Bruno's will sail past me, do it's all downhill from here 🎿

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

blahblah wrote: ↑22 Aug 2021, 00:37
raoul wrote: ↑22 Aug 2021, 00:34 Isn't it so much more fun being in the mix early on, rather than miles back?

Whatever you do, enjoy this.

A lot.
I am :lol: :lol: :lol:

And not taking it seriously, while aspiring to not throwing it away too quickly.

I am resisting the temptation to go VvD, TAA and Robbo atb with Bruno and Lulu as Premiums :wink:
My head keeps coming back to this, so I am tempted to just feep it as the Long Term goal and will see how feasible it is.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Just a few notes for my non-memory....

How good are Soton, Everton, Villa and Wolves and to a lesser extent Brighton and Burnley?

I couldn't watch Soton today as not banding Bruno could have hurt me big stylie, but they must have battened down the defence a bit.
Everton are progressing to being Rafatised so their defenders could be interesting and DCL\Rich as he has them playing LONG
Villa are not as good as last season and it is DIngs, DIngs or erm DIngs imho their fixtures turn from GW4 onwards when DIng will be donged.
Spurs I jest not that Nuno hs been taken over by the spirit of SAM. The change when Kane came on for Son was that they used him as a target man, rather than booting it into the Channels for Son to use his speed - but their Defence could be of interest, if Chelsea rotate too much, or they save cash.
Wolves are a no go for me, but they could be intereting if they improve over the next few GW's.
Burnley look to be Burnley enough to stay up, but the defence isn't what is was, but they shouldn't need many goals to stay up?
Brighton aren't too bad and their early fixtures arguably do not turn until GW9, so plenty of time to assess them and the Def looks better than the likelihood of scoring although I think they have a new CF lined up, so Maupay may become mopey?
Watford, Brentford and Palace look poor and I haven't seen any of Norwich as their season hasn't started yet.

Tsimithing and Robbo could rise and fall respectively.
A blah dream

Work out how to get Greenwood, Lulu and Lpool3 for Salah plus, while keeping Bruno.
This is the blah Grail. I just need to get tweaking and twiddling

GW4 absentees - when will we know?
This could have quite a hit as I move away from a 15 player squad post BB and only have a couple of playing subs - not to mention that Allisson may be absent from the Lpool Defence.

2FTs for GW3 then WC?
I kinda like the idea of 2 punts in GW3 then WC over the IB, but could it be better to transition to it?

Review 4 Tiers.
Over the IB after another GW.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Has the fog of the missing GW4 players cleared yet?

I'm still torn between WC next GW or trying to get to the blah Grail in FT's......

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed Β£150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

blahblah wrote: ↑27 Aug 2021, 13:07 Has the fog of the missing GW4 players cleared yet?

I'm still torn between WC next GW or trying to get to the blah Grail in FT's......
perhaps worth waiting to see if a certain Portuguese new premium is coming to MU.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

raoul wrote: ↑27 Aug 2021, 15:34
blahblah wrote: ↑27 Aug 2021, 13:07 Has the fog of the missing GW4 players cleared yet?

perhaps worth waiting to see if a certain Portuguese new premium is coming to MU.
I'm not firing it for this GW, but over the IB, if I do....

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=L0dik ... ture=share

Apparently his name is Bill πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

I'm more concerned about Ron taking Bruno's points as per Portugal where Bruno has been pants?

I think 2 Premiums ie over 8m is more than enough and the WC is almost certain, which means that I have 1 more 1 GW free hut transfer πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Vardy vs Narwich?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

There I was looking to scout Citeh for my possible WC and Arsenal Under 11's turn up....

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

blahblah wrote: ↑03 Sep 2021, 22:29
Oxford NZ wrote: ↑03 Sep 2021, 22:13
blahblah wrote: ↑03 Sep 2021, 22:04
Oxford NZ wrote: ↑03 Sep 2021, 21:42
blahblah wrote: ↑03 Sep 2021, 19:01
Oxford NZ wrote: ↑25 Aug 2021, 09:14
wiseowl65 wrote: ↑25 Aug 2021, 09:09 :lol:
We got there ONZ.
Good luck for the season :), there are some very strong squads out there this season.
Yep, we could be 🀦🀦🀦🀦
Yup :) We are Incredible 8-)
With GW8 looking a likely starting time for the game that is when I expect my squad to be performing at its best.
I sense a spunked load well before then 🀣🀣🀣🀣
My GW4 WC will see my performance drop between now and GW8, but the GW8 to 15 is when I traditionally do well. Plus I will have more time to spend on FPL than I do atm.
Hows your WC plans ? I will check your blog with interest :)
I'll have to check it too, as I haven't tweaked the squad lately, but I missed Digne dropping through laziness. I haven't a clue why people are selling him while they are being Rafatised....

I'm currently on

Meslier, BHA bod
TAA, VvD, Robbo, Shaw, Digne
Torres, Benrahma, Bissouma, Gilmour, Bruno
Lulu, Antonio, Watford bod

With Bruno and Watford bod to become Ron and viable midfielder as 1st sub.

When Antonio breaks it will be more 5-3-2 than 5-2-3....
Price changes are a pain :roll:
I have 8 off those ^ so hope I do not jinx them for you. Interesting you have gone for the rotating fisters and the three pool defenders atm Too much Pool for me.
Must admit the 0.5 price difference between Robbo and TAA is interesting and I think they match each other points wise over the next few games.
Whats the cash in the bank situation? I just dropped Son for Alli and now have 3.4 to go Bruno to Salah GW5 and Lukaku to Ron in GW6
playing 442 with Dennis as first sub

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

That lot has .3m itb and more if I dump Meslier to go Bruno to Ron...

The idea is to play 5-2-3 until Antonio breaks and HOHO banding Lulu and Ron. I'm only 2FT's away from KdB and have Torres so I kinda like the idea.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I've not hit Confirm on this lot:

Sanchez, Foster
TAA, VvD, Robbo, Digne (bstrd went down on me) Shaw
Torres, Benrahma, Gray, Gilmour, Bissouma
Ron, Lulu, Antonio.

It will be a 523, with Ben or Gray being 1st sub ie fixtures/form/gut instinct.

I have a memory of Everton getting a new RB, but I can't see him on the website.

When Antonio breaks this could become a more settled 5-3-2 set up with Gray and/or Ben upgraded. I think the EL will trouble WHam like a different corner to the one which they hardly survived Last Christmas.

I'm not too keen on Sanchez all season (but he has a whack of favourable fixtures) and maybe Foster the Fister will play when he's fit?

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed Β£150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

I like it.

I've always rated Gray and after preseason he joined my reserve list. One of those who if fit and getting game time...

One suggestion .. keep Vardy a little longer?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

raoul wrote: ↑05 Sep 2021, 16:57 I like it.

I've always rated Gray and after preseason he joined my reserve list. One of those who if fit and getting game time...

One suggestion .. keep Vardy a little longer?
I have cash tied up in Antonio and Vardy is too expensive; not to mention that Leicester look foxed before the EL starts.

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

Were is the midfield :shock:
that's so blah - and I was expecting you would tripple captain Ronaldo this GW :lol: :lol: :lol:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

wahine wrote: ↑05 Sep 2021, 23:48 Were is the midfield :shock:
that's so blah - and I was expecting you would tripple captain Ronaldo this GW :lol: :lol: :lol:
I hadn't thought of that πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”

I have Torres plus one of 2 in midfield and 2 sure starters on the bench behind the 2 I'm rotating πŸ˜‚

Admittedly Torres may not start for Citeh 😞

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I have been incredibly good and still have:

Sanchez;
TAA, VvD, Robbo, Digne, Shaw;
Torres, Benrahma;
Ron, Lulu, Antonio;

Foster, Gray, Gilmour, Bissouma
0.3m itb

I am kinda near so many alternatives, but I think sticking and seeing how the alternatives go is kinda appealing...

I like the idea of Foster actually being the Watford No1.
I like the idea of Benthing to Soucek, and possibly using the cash to go Meslier, or Pickford if the Rafatisation of Everton is a success.
I like the idea of Cancelo, using the same WHam cash saver, with the 0.3m itb.
I loathe Antonio, but will wait for him to break before selling - or a blank or 3 once the EL starts.

Another Bissouma rise is a path to another 0.1m, which may be handy.

If I had a GOOD 5m GK and Soucek then it could be the happiest I have been with an FPL squad since I went CPL heavy when they avoided the drop with a load of CS's a while back. The problem is that I am not convinced by a 5m GK (although Fab breaking would make it an easy decision) and Benthing could still have a few firework GW's left.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC KΓΆln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Not seen you talk about it. Have you considered not going with three β€˜Pool at the back? :wink:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: ↑10 Sep 2021, 18:30 Not seen you talk about it. Have you considered not going with three β€˜Pool at the back? :wink:
Yeah, but Jota is putting me off, tbh. He could go close to Mosa, but at a fraction of the cost - not to mention the AFCON, which I assume Mo is off to play in after a few more extended International Breaks?

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC KΓΆln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

blahblah wrote: ↑10 Sep 2021, 18:32
Smurphy's Paw wrote: ↑10 Sep 2021, 18:30 Not seen you talk about it. Have you considered not going with three β€˜Pool at the back? :wink:
Yeah, but Jota is putting me off, tbh. He could go close to Mosa, but at a fraction of the cost - not to mention the AFCON, which I assume Mo is off to play in after a few more extended International Breaks?
My post was somewhat tongue in cheek, as you know. However if this is genuinely in your mind - x3 Pool could work for you and there’ll be a season when it is the right thing to do. I am not yet convinced that this is the season and my continued probing on this is that I fear you’re using their title winning season defensive stats and applying them to a more competitive Premier League this season.
For that reason I’d save a few pennies in your back line; look positively at Jota; and in the process increase the structural flexibility of your team.
Easy from a distance. As you note on my thread, I’m as likely to drunk last minute wildcard as save my transfer this evening :roll:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: ↑10 Sep 2021, 18:42
blahblah wrote: ↑10 Sep 2021, 18:32
My post was somewhat tongue in cheek, as you know. However if this is genuinely in your mind - x3 Pool could work for you and there’ll be a season when it is the right thing to do. I am not yet convinced that this is the season and my continued probing on this is that I fear you’re using their title winning season defensive stats and applying them to a more competitive Premier League this season.
For that reason I’d save a few pennies in your back line; look positively at Jota; and in the process increase the structural flexibility of your team.
Easy from a distance. As you note on my thread, I’m as likely to drunk last minute wildcard as save my transfer this evening :roll:
I know, as was mine. But Jota makes more sense than Mosa, imho.

I'm happy to rock this structure for a while and I (genuinely) expect to be able to keep 2 FT's in case I need to get out of it.

Reverse Engineering some logic etc to the squad - I have come up with the idea of having an XI capable of hitting 100 points as a good thing and not a risk. Previously I have tried* to have a high floor, and obviously that hasn't worked :cry:

*I am trying to try less ie NO OVERTHINKING :oops: :oops: :oops:

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Good for now. Keep an eye or 3 on Digne and Torres. Tierney and Mount could be decent alternatives.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

SirMattBugsby wrote: ↑10 Sep 2021, 20:01 Good for now. Keep an eye or 3 on Digne and Torres. Tierney and Mount could be decent alternatives.
Yep. One reason I like this 11\12 is that it could be a season leave so I can tweak a few positions, and the "I like" stuff gives short term options.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

blahblah wrote: ↑10 Sep 2021, 18:10 I like the idea of Foster actually being the Watford No1.
I like the idea of Benthing to Soucek, and possibly using the cash to go Meslier, or Pickford if the Rafatisation of Everton is a success.
I like the idea of Cancelo, using the same WHam cash saver, with the 0.3m itb.
I loathe Antonio, but will wait for him to break before selling - or a blank or 3 once the EL starts.
In my quest not to overthink, and my general happiness with the squad, I forget to check my Fixture Spreadsheet :evil:

It is a simple bastardisation of Rom's, but with the Clubs split into 4 Tiers:

Top Tier ie RED - all rather obvious and no comments needed?
Chelsea
Liverpool
MC
MU

2nd Tier ie Orange - are the next hardest\best teams and is a tad fluid
Arse - they aren't yet bad enough to be relegated to Tier 3.
AV - they were close to a drop, but I was impressed by them this GW.
Eve - after last season they were in Tier 3, but Rafa is working his dullness into them, which got them promotion and CS's are expected soon.
Lds - I'm not expecting much of a drop off frrom last season, and have NO Euro matches.
Lei, Tot, WHm - I am starting to think that I need a new colour (yellow) for these teams who may not be good\big enough to manage the Euro matches.

3rd Tier ie Light Green - are those who are more likely to be in the relegation scrap than making major in-roads to the top 10, and are subject to moving tiers as the season progresses.
BHA
Bur
New
Sot
Wol

The 4th Tier ie GREEN were my faves for relegation at the start of the season.
BFC
CPL - if new CF gets to start matches then they should move up to Tier 3, and possibly 2, in due course.
Nor
Wat

According to the Biblical Spreadsheet: before GW 16, Leeds only have WHm(GW 6), Lei(11) and Tot(12) who are not Green. If I had been bothered to consult it, then I would almost certainly have more than 0 of their players :roll: :roll: :lol:

So this pm, I will be scouting them with a view to bringing in Bamford\Raphinha\Meslier\Def in the next few GW's. The other exciting display was from the CP CF, who really impressed ie he played like a natural finisher (ie absolutely nothing like Benteke); so I'll be watching them vs Lpool next GW.

I didn't watch the WHm bore draw vs the less than mighty Sot, but my pair of them are on the chopping block; and BHA don't play a RED team until GW9 so that could be the time to settle on a GK until WC2, whenever that is.

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

After you put the yellow teams in :) , can I have a copy of that spread sheet please?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I'll try and sort it out early this week.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

You and me blah, let's keep this going.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

raoul wrote: ↑13 Sep 2021, 02:40 You and me blah, let's keep this going.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

blah slips into the top 1k πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

Antonio to Bamford looks the obvious transfer?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Blah is channeling his inner Raducanu...

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Mav3rick wrote: ↑13 Sep 2021, 21:38 Blah is channeling his inner Raducanu...
No comment rechanneling, but being in'er isn't unpleasant πŸ€”

#FISO'sNo2 πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to β€œFPL Team Diaries & RMTs”