To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

In for a penny, in for a pound.

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

In for a penny, in for a pound.

Post by blahblah »

After the debacle of last season and limply penetrating the top 3m in the last few GW's blah is going to give it go this season to see if he can get a respectable finish and enjoy the ride.

Apart from the general shite of last season ie rotations etc I did not have my usual spreadsheet, which has to have GW's as Rows and Clubs as Columns and hopefully Romyn can point me to where he got his from if he isn't doing one this season.

I am sat on the following and the structure is highly unlikely to change, with a view to BB'ing in GW1 and transfering out of it in the first few GW's....

Schmeichel
Fabianski
- BB in first GW gives me to time to settle on one. My heart and head haven't decided which they prefer and Kaspar's back up is only 4m and Fab Ian the Skier seems to be a tad injury prone.

VvD
TAA
Robbo
Stones
Cancelo
the Lpool3 will be back assuming they are ALL fit etc and I like the idea of 2 Citeh bods assuming I can find a combo where at least 1 plays each GW - ie only 1 Sub is used.

Bruno
KdB
It seems rude not to and I am likely to stick with 1 as Capt - unless I stick on 1 of the Lpool3 and spread the cash about a bit more evenly
15(ish)M for 3 starters Soucek and 2 x 4.5m starters is the probable route, with Bissouma BRI almost certain as long as the mooted transfer to a top club doesn't happen.

Pukki
Wood
Wesley
look OK to me atm, if Wesley gets game time after being injured last term. I have read reports of Wood possibly moving on, which should mean the cheaper Vydra starting?

After the GW1 BB, I can carry a dead 3rd sub of the 4.5m Fwd variety which will free some cash along with dumping a GK.
Last edited by blahblah on 23 Jun 2021, 13:07, edited 1 time in total.

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Re: Maybe my Last season.....

Post by Mo Bot »

Blahthing needs to continue playing. Can’t have you concentrating on NFL prediction games

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

blahblah wrote: 22 Jun 2021, 17:59 Apart from the general shite of last season ie rotations etc I did not have my usual spreadsheet, which has to have GW's as Rows and Clubs as Columns and hopefully Romyn can point me to where he got his from if he isn't doing one this season.
I get mine from me :) - here's the provisional one for this year.

Romyns FPL Fixture/Results Grid 2021/22

I didn't keep up with it very well last season - will try harder this time around.

I hope you have a great season - as blahblah and Jack Jack :mrgreen:

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

RomynPG wrote: 22 Jun 2021, 18:09
blahblah wrote: 22 Jun 2021, 17:59 Apart from the general shite of last season ie rotations etc I did not have my usual spreadsheet, which has to have GW's as Rows and Clubs as Columns and hopefully Romyn can point me to where he got his from if he isn't doing one this season.
I get mine from me :) - here's the provisional one for this year.

Romyns FPL Fixture/Results Grid 2021/22

I didn't keep up with it very well last season - will try harder this time around.

I hope you have a great season - as blahblah and Jack Jack :mrgreen:
Thanks, your's is the only one that has GW's as Rows.... 8-)

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

blahblah wrote: 22 Jun 2021, 17:59 limply penetrating
Story of your life, eh?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Mo Bot wrote: 22 Jun 2021, 18:07 Blahthing needs to continue playing. Can’t have you concentrating on NFL prediction games
:lol: :lol: :lol: when I found out the game had been launched, my first thoughts were to the Browns 8-) 8-) 8-)

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Also I think Wesley has about as much chance of starting for Villa as Westley does, with Watkins now on the scene.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Blahstrd

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 22 Jun 2021, 19:39 Blahstrd
What have I done this time :lol:

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

blahblah wrote: 22 Jun 2021, 19:40
Threatened to leave. Don’t make me beg :wink:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 22 Jun 2021, 19:41
blahblah wrote: 22 Jun 2021, 19:40
Threatened to leave. Don’t make me beg :wink:
You'll find someone else to beat - well, if you are lucky :lol:

Last season was a living hell, as I was watching every freaking match because I felt obliged to because of FPL; and my FPL went down a Rentonesque toilet dragging me behind.

Hopefully the Spreadsheet and some simple principles will make it less effort and more fun.....

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

Stones and Dias is the same price and 1 or both will always start for City. Smith Rowe could be one of your cheap mids he looks value at 5.5. Think you can do better with the strikers, Pukki's fixtures are muck and Wesley won't play much, Joao Silva for 5.5 could be a shout if you're looking for min spend. No love for Sanchez in goal for 4.5?

PS you know you ain't leaving :lol:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Yeah, the cheapies are markers more than defo's as it is still June....

I'm not convinced Villa can be as good next season - although that implies more Save Points.

Foster WAT is only 4m - is he likely to start?

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

Foster and Bachmann played half their league games last season so hard to say really but I do have Foster as back up to Sanchez.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Kaspar and back up are 9m - unless they sign a new back up.

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: Similar to Everton - haven't cracked the top 10k glass ceiling yet, neither have I had and sub 500k shockers either!
International tournaments: Better, 11k in WC 2018 and top 1000 way back at Euro 2012!

Post by TheRumourMill »

complains last season was a living hell

*Selects a non playing Wesley on a bench boost*

Never change blah! :lol:

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

TheRumourMill wrote: 22 Jun 2021, 23:39 complains last season was a living hell

*Selects a non playing Wesley on a bench boost*

Never change blah! :lol:
Masochism. It's the only explanation that makes any sense. :lol:

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Salah has scored on the opening day every single season since joining Liverpool. I always see people go with Liverpool 3 ATB at the beginning of every season and it always ends up in tears as Salah continues to haul.

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

Well done, first RMT for the season Blah 8-)
Its an interesting draft, indeed unique :)

The bench boost early on gets the chip out of sight for the season at a price point whereby players if they are any good will never be cheaper.
Based on my own mistakes using BB last season I like this strategy.

By choosing block premium defenders uniquely :wink: as only one of them might be in most drafts - means you may get quick price rises if they all keep a clean sheet and get assists and then most likely that the Liverpool trio will get at least a slice of the bonus assuming a triple clean sheet @ Norwich.

If they do all keep clean sheets in GW1 then the masses wake up and this group of defenders get a lot of transfers IN (Man City for NORWICH)

There was a similar script in the Euro game where there were an abundance of good 4.5 defenders BUT those don't currently sit top of todays defenders table.

I'm keen on the premium/attacking defenders because of the value compared with midfielders of the same price and almost certainty of being fixture proof.
(which Is probably why Cancelo 8-) )

and to think that I thought you weren't taking FPL seriously :wink:

PS I'm taking it more seriously this year also, that is the intention anyway :roll: of using what I learned from R_NZ and other FISOers,

Lets get that Mini League top spot eh :?:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Re: In for a penny, in for a pound.

Post by blahblah »

Please note that is not about actual players, as it is still June, but structure and strategy......

On the basis that (True Premiums ie over 10m, as opposed to my defenders) are only worth having if they are Capt'ed; I have tweaked the above to have either Bruno or KdB, but not both and I think that I kinda like it:

Schmeichel
Fabianski

TAA
Robbo
VvD
Stones
Cancelo

Bruno (Capt)
JWP
Soucek
Bissouma
Zamburek

Watkins
DCL
Bamford

This would leave a Fwd or Soucek\JWP types as first sub, with 4.5m Mids as 2nd and 3rd.

I like the flexibility of this sort of structure, and the freedom to chase Form and fixtures.

I think, that I think dumping the True Premium and Perma-Banding TAA would be taking the pi55, and get a bit too complicated re Transfers?????

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Not much has changed in the last month, and I doubt the Structure will as I'm keen to have a go at 1 Premium Attacker, 5 Premium Defenders, and a couple of 4.5m starters as the last 2 Subs, with the third a sensible rotation of the third mid and 6m ish Fwd

The BB is GW1 is pretty much nailed on to buy a bit of time over which GK to keep and delay the decision on how to splash the cash between the other playing Mid and 2 Fwds. Any one who argues against this idea can go and argue with Ruth 😎🤣

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

The Plan is evolving with only 1 or 2 wrong directions taken so far. Maybe cutting down on Alcohol Units has helped? 🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦

I'm set on getting the BB out of the way in GW1 and then evolving the Squad without WC'ing so I can chose when to play it, and not be forced into knee-jerking....

Kaspar
Areola
both are still placeholders as 10m is loads for me to find 2 before settling on 1 after a few GW's

TAA
VvD
Robbo
Chilwell
James
the Uber defence remains as I see last season as an anomaly due to loads of shite happening.

Bruno he is a placeholder for my only Premium attacker who will be perma-banded. I did ponder going without a Prem and it got kinda crazy and really fluid, maybe too fluid, but it is certainly not an impossibility when WC'ing.
Greenwood seems to be a sure starter with Rash and Cav unlikely to start, which is long enough for me.
Raphinha apparently he is the conservative choice over Harrison....
Gilmour
Busdouma
solid 2nd and 3rd subs.

Ings
Toney
Fabio Silva
These are pretty much place holders, but from what I'm aware of I would start these if the season started tomorrow.

2m spare.

Once the BB is over with then a 4.5 fwd can rot on the bench and probably as 2nd GK, which should free even more cash than I'd need for ESR and Saka...

The one thing that I'm not big on is no Citeh bods. I don't want to split my Lpool3 but I could go Mosa Lah and a Citeh Def. I could go KdB, but I'm slightly put off by this Grealish move, and Kane would increase my hesitancy.

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

Why no Mo? Surely you could start with him over Bruno (Who was had no pre season) and drop VVD who may not have built his fitness enough to start GW1.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I'm assuming all are ok atm, but yes a 3rd Chelsea Def could work.

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

VVD has appeared in Pool's last 2 friendlies but didn't play for more than 40 minutes in either game. They have 1 more friendly b4 Norwich so I'd keep an eye on how many minutes he manages in that match.

But Klopp has plenty of options at CB now so I doubt he'll take any risks with VVD for the Norwich game if he thinks he's not ready for 90 minutes.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote: 05 Aug 2021, 20:39 VVD has appeared in Pool's last 2 friendlies but didn't play for more than 40 minutes in either game. They have 1 more friendly b4 Norwich so I'd keep an eye on how many minutes he manages in that match.

But Klopp has plenty of options at CB now so I doubt he'll take any risks with VVD for the Norwich game if he thinks he's not ready for 90 minutes.
Or start him and take him off after 60 mins, if Norwich get out of their half much....

I must confess that a Chelsea Def for VvD and have Salah is more tempting than I want it to be.

I won't be starting with Messi, whoever he plays for, well except Burnley 😎

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

blahblah wrote: 05 Aug 2021, 20:43
RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote: 05 Aug 2021, 20:39 VVD has appeared in Pool's last 2 friendlies but didn't play for more than 40 minutes in either game. They have 1 more friendly b4 Norwich so I'd keep an eye on how many minutes he manages in that match.

Or start him and take him off after 60 mins, if Norwich get out of their half much....

I must confess that a Chelsea Def for VvD and have Salah is more tempting than I want it to be.

I won't be starting with Messi, whoever he plays for, well except Burnley 😎
If it's between Bruno or Salah I'd defo be picking Mo. They're both down as Mids but only one of them plays up front! Refs are saying they're not going to give as many soft pens this season either so that could be Bruno banjaxed :lol:

If Messi joins City will he be down as a mid or fwd? I guess they have so many mids he'll have to be a fwd!

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Well it's no it nec Bruno but just the 1 Premium, and I'm more inclined to go none than 2 🤦

I'm too lazy etc to go through who would have got the G's and A's for the dodgy Offsides which would have been goals - not that I'm still seething over the Sterling ones 😤😤😤

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I've tweaked the squad in case Robbo is out, and it really didn't look good....

As above, I'm stil:
I'm set on getting the BB out of the way in GW1 and then evolving the Squad without WC'ing so I can chose when to play it, and not be forced into knee-jerking....

Leno
Meslier
I wasn't overly keen on Kaspar due to their European adventures, and unless WHam sell Fab this week then Areola may not start which defeats the BB point, so Meslier comes in, probably for the foreseeable future, and Leno plays Brentford.

TAA
VvD
White
Chilwell
Azpi
the Uber defence remains as I see last season as an anomaly due to loads of shite happening. The Chelski 2 are placemarkers for 2 of their starters.... White could become Tierney if that frees up cash.

Bruno he is a placeholder for my only Premium attacker who will be perma-banded. I did ponder going without a Prem and it got kinda crazy and really fluid, maybe too fluid, but it is certainly not an impossibility when WC'ing.
Greenwood seems to be a sure starter with Rash and Cav unlikely to start, which is long enough for me.
Raphinha apparently he is the conservative choice over Harrison....
ESR
Jota
these have come in with the Robbo saving.

Ings
Toney
Fabio Silva
I still have these 3, although I'm not really set on any bar Ings, especially the Wolves bod.

0m spare.

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

Would it be better for GW2 and 3 (and 4 and 5 and 6?) to have a MU defender rather than two Chelski?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”