To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

La Gazzetta dello Joccki

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

La Gazzetta dello Joccki

Post by Joccki_10 »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote: Well, Operation BruNo couldn’t have gone better. But it’s exactly how you guys predicted these situations would go: You need to be right on two occasions/calls. It’s a shame we didn’t gain any ground with this call, Ruth_NZ. Although I’m sure many will follow now by transferring him out. :wink:
Well, neither of us could have brought Kane in otherwise and we both TC'd him. So we do still have a chance to be right on both sides. :)

This DGW has been an utter damp squib so far, a lot of teams will struggle to break 100. Of the 7 players with the highest EO (10k), only Martinez has broken 10 points as yet and a lot of captaincies went down on Bruno. Three of those 7 are still to play however (Salah, Kane, DCL) and seeing that we both have all three with Kane tripled the GW still has potential. Especially if Sir Harry can get a brace or something.
Unfortunately it just stayed with potential. :roll:

DGW26
Actual: 80, -8 (Pereira, De Bruyne, Barnes)
Fantasy: 97, - (Stones, Son, Rashford)

Net: -25

DGW27
Actual: Pereira, De Bruyne (c), Barnes replacement
Fantasy: Stones, Son, Rashford replacement/not Bale, (c)/Gündoğan

I’m looking at Calvert-Lewin to Antonio and Barnes to Mount myself, although the latter could possibly wait a week with one of Dawson or Bamford starting this week. Raphinha destined to be in the starting XI already.

SG_8
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 3 Top 10k finishes

Re: La Gazzetta dello Joccki

Post by SG_8 »

Joccki_10 wrote: 05 Mar 2021, 08:59 I’m looking at Calvert-Lewin to Antonio and Barnes to Mount myself
Is it still a possibility that EVE could get a DGW in 28? If so, I wouldn't be getting rid of DCL..

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

SG_8 wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote: I’m looking at Calvert-Lewin to Antonio and Barnes to Mount myself.
Is it still a possibility that EVE could get a DGW in 28? If so, I wouldn't be getting rid of DCL..
What makes it a possibility? Because Crellin says so? :roll:

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

So, Joccki, what do you think of my Salah :arrow: Aubameyang move for -4?

Salah has actually been Liverpools best player this season in my opinion (him and Jones), though it appears that Klopp disagrees. But Liverpool's midfield isn't functioning and hasn't for a long while and the FBs (especially TAA) are way off it. So there's a question as to why I'd want Salah in my team when he doesn't inspire any confidence as captain. :?

If I make that move Aubameyang will be my captain this week.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 05 Mar 2021, 13:06
SG_8 wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote: I’m looking at Calvert-Lewin to Antonio and Barnes to Mount myself.
What makes it a possibility? Because Crellin says so? :roll:
Erm, yes.
Or in this instance because someone called Talha Nadeem has done analysis of the time-lag between announcements and games taking place.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Right. Crellin has released ridiculous figures (didn't he say 65% chance?) based on a fundamentally false assumption, namely that the PL will re-schedule at the earliest possible opportunity. That might be so if there weren't a free slot for the game but there is, in GW37. It can be played then without any conflict with European football or anything else.

Nadeem's 'analysis' simply demonstrates that if they want to put it into GW28 they needn't have announced it yet. Nothing more than that.

If Crellin hadn't put up a wildly inaccurate prognostication no-one would even be talking about it. This Emperor has no clothes, SP. It's possible that game could go into GW28 but it's relatively unlikely. It certainly isn't something to base transfer decisions on anyway.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

I know you’re not a fan.
His track record in accurately predicting extra games is worthy of more than an Emperor/No clothes dismissal.
As it happens when contemplating Richarlison or Watkins last game week I came to the same judgement - I’d need more certainty. (Separately that didn’t go well) but there’s no need to rail so against something merely presented as an ongoing possibility.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: I know you’re not a fan. His track record in accurately predicting extra games is worthy of more than an Emperor/no clothes dismissal.
As it happens when contemplating Richarlison or Watkins last game week I came to the same judgement - I’d need more certainty. (Separately that didn’t go well) but there’s no need to rail so against something merely presented as an ongoing possibility.
What I'm not a fan of is people taking something as gospel just because it's presented in a pretty spreadsheet. The more people do that (without examining or even understanding the fundamentals of what they are dealing with), the dumber they become. So I'm against such things in general.

Maybe I'm railing too much but to me it's a bigger and more fundamental issue than this one example.

The Emperor that has no clothes is the probable DGW28. It's more like an outside possibility but because Guru Crellin says it's probable, tens of thousands instantly believe it to be so. Not you, perhaps, but you know as well as I do how common that response is. And that's what I am (perhaps pointlessly) railing against, SP. At the same time, I'm trying to point out (for the general good) that it may be a mistaken assumption. :wink:

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

And the query you are railing against was, ‘Is it still a possibility...’. Probable is your straw man, nobody else’s

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: And the query you are railing against was, ‘Is it still a possibility...’. Probable is your straw man, nobody else’s.
Not so. If Crellin hadn't presented it as likely then no-one would be talking about it. There's no straw man here, other than Ben himself.

"We are the hollow men
We are the stuffed men
Leaning together
Headpiece filled with straw. Alas!
Our dried voices, when
We whisper together
Are quiet and meaningless
As wind in dry grass...

This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper
."

[The Hollow Men, T.S. Eliot]

Nailer6245
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nailer6245 »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 05 Mar 2021, 15:43 Maybe I'm railing too much
You don't say :lol:
I personally agree that it's likelier to not happen at this stage, but there's logic to what Crellin has set out. The PL have brought other games forward that also had free slots later on - it was on this basis that I called the Leeds-Soton DGW and some of the others in the DGW thread last month.

It might be that the lower panic levels in the UK in general now (vaccines rolling out, numbers more stable) compared to January has taken the urgency out of it, and thus there's not the same desire to get postponements done ASAP as there was when Leeds-Soton was dropped into 24. But it is relevant for transfers imo - if I'm marginal between selling DCL or someone else this week, and they're close to equal transfers EV wise, then DCL having a chance of a DGW in 28 is important info.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

SG_8 wrote: 05 Mar 2021, 12:13
Joccki_10 wrote: 05 Mar 2021, 08:59 I’m looking at Calvert-Lewin to Antonio and Barnes to Mount myself
There is still a possibility, until next Wednesday apparently.
Use your judgement about how likely you think that is

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

La Gazzetta dello Joccki

Post by Joccki_10 »

I was hoping to get some replies on my possible transfers but instead there are +10 comments on when Villa v Everton is likely to happen. :lol:

I agree with all, by the way. Crellin is the most reliable person when it comes to rescheduling, but I do think that this particular game is unlikely to take place in GW28. That coupled with the fact that Ancelotti has tweaked DCL’s position makes me unwilling to keep him and I definitely like Antonio’s prospects for the next three at least, maybe four. He could even be in my team for the remainder of the season.

So, Calvert-Lewin to Antonio for free. Then probably playing both Raphinha and Bamford and hoping for a goalfest at the Olympic Stadium as I’m also likely to bench Dawson and Coufal and playing Pereira over the both of them. Lots of ands.

Looking ahead, Saka or Mount are enticing replacements for Barnes and De Bruyne to Son looks good in BGW29 imo. Another reason why I really should have just brought him in this week and not taken a minus 8 for Kevin. Anyway...
Ruth_NZ wrote:So, Joccki, what do you think of my Salah :arrow: Aubameyang move for -4?

Salah has actually been Liverpools best player this season in my opinion (him and Jones), though it appears that Klopp disagrees. But Liverpool's midfield isn't functioning and hasn't for a long while and the FBs (especially TAA) are way off it. So there's a question as to why I'd want Salah in my team when he doesn't inspire any confidence as captain. :?

If I make that move Aubameyang will be my captain this week.
Honestly, I don’t like it. Especially for a -4. Even though Aubameyang has a very good record against the Clarets, I think Burnley will give them a hard time. I think the most likely result is 0-1, or 1-1. I think Arsenal scoring 2 or more is just as likely as them scoring none.
As for removing Salah, you probably won’t be the only one. I can see those keeping him being ahead of the curve. Liverpool will have to show a reaction sooner rather than later and Salah, apart from the Chelsea game, is still posting good numbers.

And I don’t agree with the TAA narrative. I’m actually writing an article on him and his individual revival since the Spurs game. He has been performing pretty well personally since then. (Was already busy writing it before yesterday’s game.)

Nailer6245
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nailer6245 »

Joccki_10 wrote: 05 Mar 2021, 17:01 So, Calvert-Lewin to Antonio for free.
I really like this move, Joccki. Despite reservations over a potential double, if I didn't have that third FWD spot earmarked for Kane I'd do exactly this. My other two strikers are Watkins & Bamford, and it feels a bit sideways to use one of the very limited transfers we have between now and BGW29 to shuffle from Watkins -> Antonio, even if I think the latter is the (marginally) better pick. So I'll keep it free for Kane.

It's a shame really as I think Bamford, Kane, Antonio & Watkins are all really attractive options for BGW29 and surrounding fixtures, while I'm struggling to find many good picks in midfield. I'll have Raphinha and Son, but wish I could play two in midfield and four forwards with them.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Thanks. Are you now trying to avoid FH29? I have been thinking of perhaps doing so because GW32 & 37 may well throw up some interesting possibilities.

Re. Salah, when is this Liverpool reaction going to happen? I saw no sign of it at all last night, just a very unhappy player, an unhappy manager and a team that has run out of gas and lost 5 consecutive Anfield games. It's like the rapid descent that happened at Dortmund in Klopp's last season and he couldn't figure that out either. TAA has looked terrible to me recently but maybe I am missing something? Be interested to see the article.

There is also to consider that my plan is WC31 so it's not the same issue for me as it would be for you.

Regards Aubameyang, maybe I am chafing because of GW26. There is also to consider that Arsenal come into the game after 6 days rest whereas Burnley had less than 3 days. Thanks for your view anyway and I'll think it through again.

DCL :arrow: Antonio looks good to me and is something I'm considering as well. :)

Bobby Fetta
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Bobby Fetta »

Obvious statement but Trent and Salah's output this season is closely linked given they play together on the same side of the pitch. My understanding is that TAA is generally not getting forward as much as previous seasons, so as not to leave the defence wide open - partly due to the CB injuries, but also because of Thiago's arrival (more progressive passing but inferior defensive contribution and coverage from the centre of the pitch). That in turn has meant Salah has spent much more time out of the box because he's had to take on some of Trent's creativity role. All in all, they both might be playing well but have less FPL potential.

DCL to Antonio is also tempting me. Mount I'm less convinced about as a FPL pick but he seems to have impressed Tuchel and Chelsea look like a team on the up.

(My view on Crellin is that he seems to propose every conceivable possibility, along with many inconceivable ones, so inevitably he has predicted most DGW fixtures as well as getting many wrong. But I was wrong and he was (partially) right about the Leeds-Southampton game moving so am not commenting from a position of strength.)

SG_8
Red & Blue Braces

Post by SG_8 »

TAA in the last 3 matches has definitely shown a big uptick. He has been the standout player for me even in the defeats compared to the other players.. there's a zip in his passing, getting into threatening positions inside the box and creating chances.

He was really off-form during the first half of the season, but off late he's showing signs of his former self. Would be interested in reading the article that Joccki is writing.

Considering doing either DCL to Antonio or Bruno to Son this week.

The problem with DCL to Antonio for my team is that I'll be forced to play Antonio next week against United. So that nullifies that upside a bit as DCL has BUR.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

SG_8 wrote: 06 Mar 2021, 07:54 The problem with DCL to Antonio for my team is that I'll be forced to play Antonio next week against United.
And that is a problem because....?

SG_8
Red & Blue Braces

Post by SG_8 »

From4corners wrote: 06 Mar 2021, 09:25
SG_8 wrote: 06 Mar 2021, 07:54 The problem with DCL to Antonio for my team is that I'll be forced to play Antonio next week against United.
And that is a problem because....?
:lol:

Because it is comparable with DCL having Chelsea this week, so the upside in making the transfer to Antonio is less. Although of course Chelsea's defence is currently better than United's.. but not sure if it's worth making a transfer or just keeping DCL.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

SG_8 wrote: 06 Mar 2021, 09:56
Because it is comparable with DCL having Chelsea this week, so the upside in making the transfer to Antonio is less. Although of course Chelsea's defence is currently better than United's.. but not sure if it's worth making a transfer or just keeping DCL.
I'd still do if it were me. Antonio is a beast, DCL isn't and seems to have lost some of his threat do to the formation change. Also, Burnley can't keep playing this poorly.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

From4corners wrote:I'd still do if it were me. Antonio is a beast, DCL isn't and seems to have lost some of his threat do to the formation change. Also, Burnley can't keep playing this poorly.
Agree about Antonio but Burnley have had a spell of over-performing xGA so you could equally well say they can't keep getting away with so few goals conceded. Hopefully Arsenal will help to rebalance those scales today. :wink:

SG_8
Red & Blue Braces

Post by SG_8 »

From4corners wrote: 06 Mar 2021, 10:01 I'd still do if it were me. Antonio is a beast, DCL isn't and seems to have lost some of his threat do to the formation change. Also, Burnley can't keep playing this poorly.
Leaning towards getting Lingard in now :o

Means I can bench DCL this week and play him against Burnley next week. And for 29 can do DCL to Antonio.

Agreed though, Antonio is in great form and he'll be coming in eventually.. thanks for your input..

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

Ruth_NZ wrote:Thanks. Are you now trying to avoid FH29? I have been thinking of perhaps doing so because GW32 & 37 may well throw up some interesting possibilities.

[...]

DCL :arrow: Antonio looks good to me and is something I'm considering as well. :)
Yes, I’ll most probably deploy the chip in BGW33 which means I’ll have to look at bringing in worthy BGW29 players. (Arsenal? Dallas? Veltman? Son?)

Calvert-Lewin to Antonio is the only transfer for this week. Today I’ll only have Martínez and Pereira playing. Hopefully they can both hand me a clean sheet.
Bobby Fetta wrote:Obvious statement but Trent and Salah's output this season is closely linked given they play together on the same side of the pitch. My understanding is that TAA is generally not getting forward as much as previous seasons, so as not to leave the defence wide open - partly due to the CB injuries, but also because of Thiago's arrival (more progressive passing but inferior defensive contribution and coverage from the centre of the pitch). That in turn has meant Salah has spent much more time out of the box because he's had to take on some of Trent's creativity role. All in all, they both might be playing well but have less FPL potential.
As it happened I was also planning to look at the impact Thiago has had on Trent. Hoping to be able to include that in the article.

Trent had a poor rating in the Chelsea game. A shame really as it doesn’t make my case for his revival any stronger.
SG_8 wrote:TAA in the last 3 matches has definitely shown a big uptick. He has been the standout player for me even in the defeats compared to the other players.. there's a zip in his passing, getting into threatening positions inside the box and creating chances.

He was really off-form during the first half of the season, but off late he's showing signs of his former self. Would be interested in reading the article that Joccki is writing.
That’s good to hear and exactly what encouraged me to look at his numbers and write and article on him.
SG_8 wrote:The problem with DCL to Antonio for my team is that I'll be forced to play Antonio next week against United. So that nullifies that upside a bit as DCL has BUR.
It is as much of a problem as playing Calvert-Lewin away to United. The two defensive units - Chelsea & United - ain’t comparable. :wink:

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

Net: -25

DGW27
Actual: Pereira, De Bruyne (c)
Fantasy: Stones, Son, Gündoğan

I benched Barnes and would have benched Rashford in the fantasy team. Antonio in on both occasions.

SG_8
Red & Blue Braces

Post by SG_8 »

Joccki_10 wrote: 06 Mar 2021, 11:12
SG_8 wrote:The problem with DCL to Antonio for my team is that I'll be forced to play Antonio next week against United. So that nullifies that upside a bit as DCL has BUR.
It is as much of a problem as playing Calvert-Lewin away to United. The two defensive units - Chelsea & United - ain’t comparable. :wink:
And I benched DCL away to United. Some people (me) never learn :lol:

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

Stones to Pereira hands down worst transfer of the season ugh

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Joccki_10 wrote: 06 Mar 2021, 20:17 Stones to Pereira hands down worst transfer of the season ugh
Hold my beer 🍺 and let me tell you about Ings in for a hit. One point and out for another hit

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 06 Mar 2021, 23:11
Joccki_10 wrote: 06 Mar 2021, 20:17 Stones to Pereira hands down worst transfer of the season ugh
Hold my beer 🍺 and let me tell you about Ings in for a hit. One point and out for another hit
Hold mine.

I brought in Ings for DGW, captained him for a terrible 3 points haul, i then -4 raged him out for Vardy who been equally useless and then decided to swap Geealish for Barnes for another -4 and we know how that turned out 😳

Despite the above i have been getting some decent green arrows haha

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Stevieste wrote: 07 Mar 2021, 10:04
Smurphy's Paw wrote: 06 Mar 2021, 23:11
Hold mine.

I brought in Ings for DGW, captained him for a terrible 3 points haul, i then -4 raged him out for Vardy who been equally useless and then decided to swap Geealish for Barnes for another -4 and we know how that turned out 😳

Despite the above i have been getting some decent green arrows haha
BREAKING NEWS: VAR is checking the veracity of Stevie’s story telling to investigate rumours that Ings picked up a goal and a couple of bonus points the week he was brought in.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

La Gazzetta dello Joccki

Post by Joccki_10 »

Ruth_NZ wrote:Re. Salah, when is this Liverpool reaction going to happen? I saw no sign of it at all last night, just a very unhappy player, an unhappy manager and a team that has run out of gas and lost 5 consecutive Anfield games. It's like the rapid descent that happened at Dortmund in Klopp's last season and he couldn't figure that out either.
Perhaps next season? :lol:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”