To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Speculative Tactical Cohort (The free-for-all shared-RMT thread 20/21)

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
TheRedEyeJedi
Red & Blue Braces

Re: Speculative Tactical Cohort (The free-for-all shared-RMT thread 20/21)

Post by TheRedEyeJedi »

Finisher1 wrote: 25 Sep 2020, 09:49 How likely is Foden to start against Leicester? He has started two consecutive matches now, so Leicester match would be his third in a week.

I had a look at Bluemoon fan forum discussion on yesterday's match and they are praising Foden and criticizing Mahrez and Torres. That would be promising for Foden, but we always have to take those comments with a pinch of salt because fan forums always cheer for their young home grown players and are a lot more critical towards players like Mahrez.
Pep suggesting none of the missing players from GW1 are back - so hopeful for Foden. If I get him im well aware its rotation risk, but he will be coming on in games where Man City need to win or are still trying to hammer someone - seems worth it, as long as you have the cover. It worries me having Pod and Foden for this reason though and I think I would want a Klich with them as 5th man reserve who is nailed and might be on pens

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

TheRedEyeJedi wrote: 25 Sep 2020, 09:50
Finisher1 wrote: 25 Sep 2020, 09:49 How likely is Foden to start against Leicester? He has started two consecutive matches now, so Leicester match would be his third in a week.

I had a look at Bluemoon fan forum discussion on yesterday's match and they are praising Foden and criticizing Mahrez and Torres. That would be promising for Foden, but we always have to take those comments with a pinch of salt because fan forums always cheer for their young home grown players and are a lot more critical towards players like Mahrez.
Pep suggesting none of the missing players from GW1 are back - so hopeful for Foden. If I get him im well aware its rotation risk, but he will be coming on in games where Man City need to win or are still trying to hammer someone - seems worth it, as long as you have the cover. It worries me having Pod and Foden for this reason though and I think I would want a Klich with them as 5th man reserve who is nailed and might be on pens
This is essentially my thought process too.
Every week we’ll have the same doubts about Foden. It’s a City thing. Get him, be prepared for uncertainty. The upside is he has a very high ceiling when he does play.
But having him and Podence miss the same game week would be problematic so it’s one or the other IMO
FWIW the drafts I am most happy with have Foden and Klich rather than Podence and ANOther

Luxmonk
Treebeard

Post by Luxmonk »

I’m not sure “cover” is particularly relevant here. For the matches Foden (and Podence for that matter, now that Traoré is freed up to return to his more advanced position) don’t start, I’d imagine they are more than likely to feature late on from the bench. Foden especially is priced as he is at the moment exactly due to this risk. Huge upside, of course, but an owner needs to be willing to take the 1 pointers on the chin from both players. In that scenario, it doesn’t matter who your fifth mid is.
Just my opinion of course, could be rubbish ;-)

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

You probably know already, but here is Hodgson on today presser talking about Tyrick Mitchell:

"He got his chance at the end of last season... took that chance well and has really continued since the start of the new season in the friendlies and these opening two matches. He's definitely been a plus for us."

https://mobile.twitter.com/FFScout/stat ... 2740832257

Luxmonk
Treebeard

Post by Luxmonk »

DalianAtkinson wrote: 25 Sep 2020, 08:34

2. My mini league has monthly prizes. I am told that this is based on the in game function where you can look at the minileague table on a month by month basis. Am I right to assume that the said monthly table will take account of any hits incurred during a gameweek that started in that month, but not otherwise?

Basically, I want to win the October monthly prize, and am trying to work out if hits I take in the run up to the GW4 deadline (of 3 October) will be deducted from my score or not.

Thanks.
Unless it has changed for this season, which I don’t believe is the case, hits taken in the lead up to the first GW of any given month do not get deducted from the upcoming monthly score but merely from your overall points total.
I use this ploy myself quite often when my season rank is pants and I change focus to monthly prize chasing.

TheRedEyeJedi
Red & Blue Braces

Post by TheRedEyeJedi »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 25 Sep 2020, 10:53
TheRedEyeJedi wrote: 25 Sep 2020, 09:50

This is essentially my thought process too.
Every week we’ll have the same doubts about Foden. It’s a City thing. Get him, be prepared for uncertainty. The upside is he has a very high ceiling when he does play.
But having him and Podence miss the same game week would be problematic so it’s one or the other IMO
FWIW the drafts I am most happy with have Foden and Klich rather than Podence and ANOther
I agree - the sensible thing is Foden + Klich. I do think though that the chance of Foden and Podence coming on is still quite high when they dont start so how much does it really matter who the sub is?

I also think after watching Podence that I rate him, Wolves fans seem to rate him, hes playing well when starting and if all of those things are right - what's stopping him just continuing to do that?

Klich is a more sensible, guaranteed starting option on Pens but im not sure he has Podence/Foden upsides?

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Luxmonk wrote: 25 Sep 2020, 10:57 I’m not sure “cover” is particularly relevant here. For the matches Foden (and Podence for that matter, now that Traoré is freed up to return to his more advanced position) don’t start, I’d imagine they are more than likely to feature late on from the bench. Foden especially is priced as he is at the moment exactly due to this risk. Huge upside, of course, but an owner needs to be willing to take the 1 pointers on the chin from both players. In that scenario, it doesn’t matter who your fifth mid is.
Fair point. And Klich isn’t just bench cover, he’d also be a regular starter in my team
The risk I am seeking to offset is having two players who come on for 1-pointers though.
RedEyeJedi has also expanded on the same point a bit whilst I was typing - agree with those points

TheRedEyeJedi
Red & Blue Braces

Post by TheRedEyeJedi »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 25 Sep 2020, 11:08
Luxmonk wrote: 25 Sep 2020, 10:57 I’m not sure “cover” is particularly relevant here. For the matches Foden (and Podence for that matter, now that Traoré is freed up to return to his more advanced position) don’t start, I’d imagine they are more than likely to feature late on from the bench. Foden especially is priced as he is at the moment exactly due to this risk. Huge upside, of course, but an owner needs to be willing to take the 1 pointers on the chin from both players. In that scenario, it doesn’t matter who your fifth mid is.
Fair point. And Klich isn’t just bench cover, he’d also be a regular starter in my team
The risk I am seeking to offset is having two players who come on for 1-pointers though.
RedEyeJedi has also expanded on the same point a bit whilst I was typing - agree with those points

Yeah its those 2 x 1 pointers im more worried about than one missing a game. Especially when I already have KDB, Mahrez and Jimenez.

The upside here is you have two cheap players who could make a ton of money and score heavily at times. Could be pretty annoying trying to predict this though, and they are too expensive to have as bench options and be strong elsewhere.

Luxmonk
Treebeard

Post by Luxmonk »

I hadn’t checked the preview function so a few of those responses overlapped but I think we are all in agreement now. ;-)

Anyway, I don’t have either of them so not my problem ;-) ;-)

DalianAtkinson
FISOhead

Post by DalianAtkinson »

Luxmonk wrote: 25 Sep 2020, 11:03
DalianAtkinson wrote: 25 Sep 2020, 08:34

2. My mini league has monthly prizes. I am told that this is based on the in game function where you can look at the minileague table on a month by month basis. Am I right to assume that the said monthly table will take account of any hits incurred during a gameweek that started in that month, but not otherwise?

Basically, I want to win the October monthly prize, and am trying to work out if hits I take in the run up to the GW4 deadline (of 3 October) will be deducted from my score or not.

Thanks.
Unless it has changed for this season, which I don’t believe is the case, hits taken in the lead up to the first GW of any given month do not get deducted from the upcoming monthly score but merely from your overall points total.
I use this ploy myself quite often when my season rank is pants and I change focus to monthly prize chasing.
Thanks Luxmonk. It's like you can read my mind...

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Well, Jesus potentially being injured is pretty horrific. He was one of the main motivators to wildcard...

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

Does increase the appeal of Foden though.

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

Hi to the STC crowd, I haven't posted here in a while and it's good to see the quality discussions are still going on :D

WC is active and I have been contemplating something a little different :
4.5/4.0
TAA / Robertson / Saiss /4.5 /4.0
KdB / Salah / Barnes / Foden / 4.5
Jimenez / Wood / DCL

Any thought on this lot?

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

It is indeed only a little different.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

It’s pretty close to a number on here. Probably 6 or 7 of the named players in common with many on here.
Which is good...isn’t it? (He says hopefully, knowing an evening of WC planning is about to commence)

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Stemania wrote: 25 Sep 2020, 16:39 Well, Jesus potentially being injured is pretty horrific. He was one of the main motivators to wildcard...
Well you could get Delap?

Stena Bib
FISOhead
FS Record: Finished 530 FPL 2018/19

Post by Stena Bib »

blahblah wrote: 25 Sep 2020, 18:18
Stemania wrote: 25 Sep 2020, 16:39 Well, Jesus potentially being injured is pretty horrific. He was one of the main motivators to wildcard...
Can't find anything concrete on Jesus injury!!

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

Stena Bib wrote: 25 Sep 2020, 18:39
https://mobile.twitter.com/gabrieljesus ... 8686444546

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

FranckKessie wrote: 25 Sep 2020, 18:46
Apparently he has some peculiar sleeping habits and is a cheap skate. I told him to get the cross made from oak, but he went for a cheap balsa wood one.....

goooner
Red & Blue Braces

Post by goooner »

Jesus confirmed injured. See hes Instagram account ”ill be back soon”.

Stena Bib
FISOhead
FS Record: Finished 530 FPL 2018/19

Post by Stena Bib »

FranckKessie wrote: 25 Sep 2020, 18:46
cheers

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

So...a triple City "342" anyone?

Martinez (Forster)
TAA, James, Saiss
Salah, KDB, Mahrez, Foden
Werner, Jimenez

(with, Mitchell, Lamptey, Burke, Brewster rotating for the last spot)

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Stemania wrote: 25 Sep 2020, 18:53 So...a triple City "342" anyone?

Martinez (Forster)
TAA, James, Saiss
Werner, Jimenez

Not for me. Brewster may not move so you are an Lpool spot down, and I remain to be convinced about Foden's minutes.

Soucek and a similarly priced Mid (yep I cnt remember his name) seem interesting and Tierney (when fit) could rock?

Any idea what happens to Martinez when Heaton is fit?

EDIT: Dear Podence.
Last edited by blahblah on 25 Sep 2020, 19:01, edited 1 time in total.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Even when Burke and Brewster become teammates?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 25 Sep 2020, 19:00 Even when Burke and Brewster become teammates?
Brewster is part of my plan to dump Burke (wasn't he a grave robber?).

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

Martinez (Forster)
TAA, James, Saiss
Werner, Jimenez

I must admit that city mid 3 has tempted me to pull the WC trigger. Ideally we'd know how long Jesus is out. Are there any indications?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

FranckKessie wrote: 25 Sep 2020, 19:24

Martinez (Forster)
TAA, James, Saiss
Werner, Jimenez

I must admit that city mid 3 has tempted me to pull the WC trigger. Ideally we'd know how long Jesus is out. Are there any indications?
He should return for Easter Monday 😉

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Martinez (Forster)
TAA, James, Saiss
Werner, Jimenez

I'm not sure why you always seem to dislike Sterling. He might even play as a false nine now.

Unless you think Mahrez or Foden are more likely to play false nine?
Last edited by Finisher1 on 25 Sep 2020, 19:37, edited 1 time in total.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Smurphy's Paw wrote:Even when Burke and Brewster become teammates?
My idea is that if Brewster doesn't go to SHU then Burke looks like he's a 4.5m mid who's a first choice starting striker. No problem with playing him regularly.

If Brewster moves to SHU, then whoever is first choice is a 4.5m starting striker in a midtable team. If he goes to a different PL team even better. Seems win-win.

I think the risk of using a third Pool spot should he not move is a very cheap price to pay.

Only issue is if

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Finisher1 wrote: I'm not sure why you always seem to dislike Sterling. He might even play as a false nine now.
What do you mean? I owned him most of last year (getting a spectacularly bad captaincy score from him). :?

I think he probably will play false nine. But if he does KDB is most likely a 10. In which case KDB wins imo.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”