To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Mahrez and Ozil in midfield?

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
sunbather
FISOhead
FS Record: Top 60k FPL finish seven years in a row, best result Top 2k

Mahrez and Ozil in midfield?

Post by sunbather »

Still have my WC and FH so feel free to take some risks for the double. Bought Salah at 12.6 so only lose .1 in dropping him.

What do people think of this team?Image

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Re: Mahrez and Ozil in midfield?

Post by raoul »

sunbather wrote: 11 Jun 2020, 08:24 Still have my WC and FH so feel free to take some risks for the double. Bought Salah at 12.6 so only lose .1 in dropping him.

Is this going to BB?

sunbather
FISOhead

Post by sunbather »

raoul wrote:
sunbather wrote: 11 Jun 2020, 08:24 Still have my WC and FH so feel free to take some risks for the double. Bought Salah at 12.6 so only lose .1 in dropping him.

Is this going to BB?
Nay, that draft is more balanced to save chips for later fun.

This new pic attached is a BB option I just came up with:.Image

cymbalrush84
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in Pendulum Swingers Super League 2006/7

Post by cymbalrush84 »

Not overly keen Ozil, he hasn't done enough under Arteta to convince me and Saka is potentially a lower risk and possibly high reward.

I've not long warmed to the prospect of Mahrez, probably because he's a possible differential who has proven this season to deliver. Good alternative for those (me included) feeling the pinch after picking Kun.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

I'll throw a name out there.

Sane?

cymbalrush84
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in Pendulum Swingers Super League 2006/7

Post by cymbalrush84 »

raoul wrote:I'll throw a name out there.

Sane?
Has he had any kind of game time, before the league paused? U23 games?

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

sunbather
FISOhead

Post by sunbather »

Thanks for the feedback guys. Saka and Sane are both potential options yeah, will consider them in future tinkering.

I've got another draft of a potential BB team. Is it daft not having a playing keeper though? I just don't see much value in Villa defenders now, who could end up on just one or two points anyway.

My thinking with this draft is that since I have my second WC, FH, BB, I can essentially play it like I do GW1. I normally wildcard in GW3 or 4, and I could do the same now after learning more about form players, which teams have something to play for, etc.
120620.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

A quick switch of Blades defenders and you’d have enough to upgrade Button to Reina. Two or three ways to do it with little risk

sunbather
FISOhead

Post by sunbather »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 12 Jun 2020, 17:40 A quick switch of Blades defenders and you’d have enough to upgrade Button to Reina. Two or three ways to do it with little risk
Mmm good point, if I'm gonna BB I might as well go for some extra possible points. Currently on this draft now, think that Wolves and Villa will be up for it.

120620 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Oh, OK. That’s a more fundamental change. I was only thinking of one of
Baldock or Stevens
to
O’Connell or Basham
Pretty sure at least one of those combos would enable a playing keeper.

Looks like you’re saving the BB with that squad, though?

sunbather
FISOhead

Post by sunbather »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 12 Jun 2020, 23:14 Oh, OK. That’s a more fundamental change. I was only thinking of one of
Baldock or Stevens
to
O’Connell or Basham
Pretty sure at least one of those combos would enable a playing keeper.

Looks like you’re saving the BB with that squad, though?
Aye it would, but I've just cooled on Ozil/Arsenal a bit. The thinking with the latest draft is to BB, but then play the first two to four gameweeks with this squad and see how they do. Do you think it's weird to not have three Arsenal? What do you think I should change if I am bench boosting?

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

I’m grappling with the same at the moment. With a starting point of ‘ooh, I’ll look to get 12 DGW players in’, it falls apart when I try to piece together the actual team. 3 City, 3 Blades for this week not next, Auba seems sensible. After that, who knows?

Any thoughts about Sterling/Mahrez? If I could make sense of this, the rest of the team would start to fall in to place

sunbather
FISOhead

Post by sunbather »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 13 Jun 2020, 07:03 I’m grappling with the same at the moment. With a starting point of ‘ooh, I’ll look to get 12 DGW players in’, it falls apart when I try to piece together the actual team. 3 City, 3 Blades for this week not next, Auba seems sensible. After that, who knows?

Any thoughts about Sterling/Mahrez? If I could make sense of this, the rest of the team would start to fall in to place
I guess Auba does make sense, but he just burned me with a TC before the postponement so maybe I'm biased against. May come back to him though.

I suppose Sterling is in for now because I think he's underachieved this season. His expected goal involvement per game this year is 0.8 compared to Mahrez' 0.4. He's played around 650 more mins so is possibly likely to play more, along with his being younger. That being said, Mahrez does have more points in those fewer minutes, but I see Sterling coming back fitter.

Do you care much about price points? Sterling to Mane or Salah or Son is an easier move in GW31 or 32 for example.

I think it's a coin toss anyway, maybe I'll just pick whoever fits in with the squad more, e.g. Mahrez more likely if Auba comes in.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

The price point conversation is one I’ll be engaged in when I use my actual wildcard rather than this week’s unlimited transfers. If they only have to last a week or two it is less of a concern.
If I go with Mahrez I am also likely to keep Salah (or Mané if Mo is still flagged). My TV is healthy so I can afford them. I looked at a team without a Liverpool midfielder, Vardy seemed to be the best use of the cash, and then I couldn’t fill the midfield spot!

sunbather
FISOhead

Post by sunbather »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 13 Jun 2020, 12:05 The price point conversation is one I’ll be engaged in when I use my actual wildcard rather than this week’s unlimited transfers. If they only have to last a week or two it is less of a concern.
If I go with Mahrez I am also likely to keep Salah (or Mané if Mo is still flagged). My TV is healthy so I can afford them. I looked at a team without a Liverpool midfielder, Vardy seemed to be the best use of the cash, and then I couldn’t fill the midfield spot!
Where are you at at the moment? This is me:

150620 2.jpg

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

sunbather wrote: 13 Jun 2020, 11:53
Smurphy's Paw wrote: 13 Jun 2020, 07:03 I’m grappling with the same at the moment. With a starting point of ‘ooh, I’ll look to get 12 DGW players in’, it falls apart when I try to piece together the actual team. 3 City, 3 Blades for this week not next, Auba seems sensible. After that, who knows?

I guess Auba does make sense, but he just burned me with a TC before the postponement so maybe I'm biased against. May come back to him though.

I suppose Sterling is in for now because I think he's underachieved this season. His expected goal involvement per game this year is 0.8 compared to Mahrez' 0.4. He's played around 650 more mins so is possibly likely to play more, along with his being younger. That being said, Mahrez does have more points in those fewer minutes, but I see Sterling coming back fitter.

Do you care much about price points? Sterling to Mane or Salah or Son is an easier move in GW31 or 32 for example.

I think it's a coin toss anyway, maybe I'll just pick whoever fits in with the squad more, e.g. Mahrez more likely if Auba comes in.
That's actually a reason not to have him in.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

^^ No further!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”