To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

From4Corners - WC time

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

From4Corners - WC time

Post by From4corners »

Hey all, going to hit the WC button as I feel I have to. Anyone has any critical feedback on this lot (0.0 in the bank, coincidentally)?
WC2.JPG
Defence: I initially had Lundstram in this team instead of Tierney, but I believe I have missed the boat on this one, though they do have a nice run coming up soon. So yes, I went with Tierney. With SOU and BHA at home coupled with NOR and WHU away after the Leicester game he should do really well... right? :oops: :roll:

Midfield: Also thought of SHU's Fleck and Saint's Moussa Djenepo instead of Trossard, who has a reatively difficult run coming up.

Forward line: Aguero could raise some question marks but I feel he'll reward me handsomely moving forward.

Anyone I'm seriously overlooking?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Multiple Scorgasms
Grumpy Old Man

Re: From4Corners - WC time

Post by Multiple Scorgasms »

From4corners wrote:Hey all, going to hit the WC button as I feel I have to. Anyone has any critical feedback on this lot (0.0 in the bank, coincidentally)?
WC2.JPG
Defence: I initially had Lundstram in this team instead of Tierney, but I believe I have missed the boat on this one, though they do have a nice run coming up soon. So yes, I went with Tierney. With SOU and BHA at home coupled with NOR and WHU away after the Leicester game he should do really well... right? :oops: :roll:

Midfield: Also thought of SHU's Fleck and Saint's Moussa Djenepo instead of Trossard, who has a reatively difficult run coming up.

Forward line: Aguero could raise some question marks but I feel he'll reward me handsomely moving forward.

I would still say Lundstram. He is in my team every week. I see him as an extra midfielder rather than a defender so a CS is an added bonus if he gets one. I got him at 4m but still think he is value for money

Poss mane too. After city game they have a good run of fixtures (on paper)

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

From4corners wrote: 02 Nov 2019, 18:04 Hey all, going to hit the WC button as I feel I have to. Anyone has any critical feedback on this lot (0.0 in the bank, coincidentally)?
WC2.JPG

I feel that you are running a high rotation risk on KDB, Agüero, Tierney and Emerson. In addition Arsenal and Chelsea are not overly convincing in defence. Lundstram and Chilwell are possibly more reliable. Equally I am not so sure about Janmaat. I would still keep an eye on Kelly whether he regains his place following injury.

Good luck with your choices.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Cheers guys.

Some new personnel, e.g. Doherty (also tempted by Digne, but more for the next two..). Have hopes for Southampton after having had a rough run in the PL and fixtures looking more positive, hoping for some nice returns from their summer signing Djenepo who has looked good from what I've seen.
WCNaamloos.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

That's a lot of cash up top?

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

From4corners wrote: 03 Nov 2019, 11:04 Cheers guys.

Some new personnel, e.g. Doherty (also tempted by Digne, but more for the next two..). Have hopes for Southampton after having had a rough run in the PL and fixtures looking more positive, hoping for some nice returns from their summer signing Djenepo who has looked good from what I've seen.

WCNaamloos.png
only 1 player in total from MC and Liv?

It looks pretty reasonable, but I am thinking Rashford + Martial looks stronger than Auba + Djenepo.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Auba is my issue too. I'd guess Kane and Martial is cheaper than Auba and Son?

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Thanks you guys, appreciated.

It is a lot of cash on top, but I do feel it's nicely balanced? Also still have 1.4M in the bank.

My defence is set as far as I am concerned: Gazzaniga behind Doherty, TAA, Lundstram. Was tempted by Robertson but yeah, no.

Rashford and Martial look stronger than Auba and Djenepo, but are they? I guess I don't trust Manchester United, although I don't trust Arsenal and Southampton as well mind you. I can get away with that in Djenepo. Rashford and Martial are 17.1, but I don't want to double up there (at least not without some creativity behind them, i.e. Pogba). Kane + Martial = 18.4 <> 20.6 for Auba and Son. I'd rather have Son and the reason I'm thinking of Auba is because he has some nice looking fixtures coming up (SOU, nor, BHA, whu). Of course I could opt for Lacazette again, whom I had in the first weeks of the season. Auba is less productive as well with Laca up top, yes?

I also had Jiménez up top in some of my drafts, and also considering my boy Jota again who looked like a handful yesterday (more on that ↓).

As for having 1 each of Liverpool and City, it is slightly worrying me although I feel (hope, i.e. "wishfully think") that I can get away with that with the upcoming months of their (mainly Man City's) fixtures. That being said, another option I've just puzzled and am content with is this, as I do feel Liverpool can do well in their run of relatively kind fixtures:

( (Tielemans + Auba :arrow: Mané (or Salah) + Jota and 0.9 (0.5) in the bank)
WC.png

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Interesting... but I neither trust your cheapest 3 attackers and Doherty.

A 4.5m Fwd and Mid wiykd allow a hood upgrade?

Wolves are struggling with the EL, imho, and there are better for the price.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

blahblah wrote: 03 Nov 2019, 12:21 Interesting... but I neither trust your cheapest 3 attackers and Doherty.

A 4.5m Fwd and Mid wiykd allow a hood upgrade?

Wolves are struggling with the EL, imho, and there are better for the price.
How about this? Right on the money as well :D
WC2.png
Or.. or this? Also right on the money (bringing back DSilva)
WC3.png
mmmm
Many thanks for your thoughts, good stuff.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

2nd is my preference as it has 2 clear Subs to pick from

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

1st but Ings instead of Jota. There are out jail-cards like Ayew and Mousset should Ings get injured.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

From ignorance: does Ings start?

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

I like the Ings shout with their nice fixtures. Looks like I will have some more time to puzzle around now that Son is gone.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Soto are pants....

Did Son just see a red card? (I did say tonot have him? Spurs havent won away since Jan and not only do loads of players want out, but so does the manager...)

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Going sort of back to where I was earlier.. 0.8 ITB.
Had Rashford or Martial in my team but no. Richarlison is a placeholder for Everton's upcoming two games.
WC.png

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Had Rashford or Martial in my team but no. Richarlison is a placeholder for Everton's upcoming two games.
WC.png

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

WC.png
Last edited by From4corners on 06 Nov 2019, 03:58, edited 1 time in total.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

5.2 is a lot for a bench bod?

Ironfist
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th

Post by Ironfist »

Never mind the odd Janmaat, probably for compatriot reasons...
But Richarlison, Djepeno (sp.) and Tielemans are 3 odd jobs, borderline, questionable choices... when put together.

Repent sinner!

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Haha well I don't see anything wrong with Tielemans. Richarlison is for two weeks after which I can downgrade him for like a Hayden and have him as bench fodder. Relying on Djenepo might be a bit take but I can't help think Southampton can only go up after their bad fixtures are out of the way. Of course I could up him as well in two weeks with the money released from Rich.
Janmaat is just like the cheapest playing defender there is I think, also with a good turn of fixtures.

Anyways, I still have three more days to tinker (bad timing as I'm in Costa Rica and don't want to spend time on my FPL :lol: )

P.S. I still want Emerson. I'll get back to you guys later :mrgreen:
Last edited by From4corners on 06 Nov 2019, 13:18, edited 1 time in total.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Bstrd. It's cold here 😤😤😤

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

blahblah wrote: 06 Nov 2019, 13:18 Bstrd. It's cold here 😤😤😤
So I've heard. I just arrived last night, having a nice Costa Rican coffee now at 7am while sitting in a sheltered garden as there is rain right now (feeling better? ;) ).

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

From4corners wrote: 06 Nov 2019, 13:20
So I've heard. I just arrived last night, having a nice Costa Rican coffee now at 7am while sitting in a sheltered garden as there is rain right now (feeling better? ;) ).
Not at all. There is such a thing as good rain 😤😤😤

I think that squad is brilliant and no need to change anything, especially the expensive bod on bench 😎

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

It's cold here too!
It was 27°c and it gets dark at 18:30...
Winter!

:)

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

:mrgreen:
blahblah wrote: 06 Nov 2019, 13:23
I think that squad is brilliant and no need to change anything, especially the expensive bod on bench 😎
Cheers, I guess haha :D

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Whoops, I forgot Chris Wood up top.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Ironfist wrote: 06 Nov 2019, 14:34
It's cold here too!
Winter!

Bstrd

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

blahblah wrote: 06 Nov 2019, 15:11
Ironfist wrote: 06 Nov 2019, 14:34
It's cold here too!
Winter!

Bstrd
3rd time this week... I must be doing somehhing right... :mrgreen:

As for your team... I think you are trying to stop this downward spiral by taking unecessary risks, or perhaps planning too far forward relying on risky assumptions, eg Everton winning their favourable fixtures or Southampton turning the tide.
I think your midfielders need re-evaluation.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Of course I am :lol: I am indeed trying to play the fixtures by doing just that. Richarlison will probably play on top or on the left, which is against the weaker defensive side of Southampton and then Norwich. Yes please. Of course they both aren't playing well which could also lead to a goalfest. Of course I could opt to pick Hayden instead and top up my compatriot and get Digne for two weeks. So yes, I'll be banking on Everton (to disappoint again..).

Southampton turning the tide is simply because their fixtures were indeed really difficult. A team with Ings will be published soon.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”