To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Mane v Salah - Help Please

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
Richt
FISO Knight
FS Record: Averagely consistant.

Mane v Salah - Help Please

Post by Richt »

Ok, is there a way I can upgrade Mane to Salah in this squad without really weakening the rest of my team. I wanted to bring TAA in and the only way of doing this was to upgrade Wan Basakka and then shave some funds off of Walker Peters and dropping Salah to Mane. (My main thought process with Salah/Mane is that they will both be in the points. BUT with Salah being owned by 42% of the players in the game it’s always going to be squeaky bum / hide behind sofa when they play.

My team is now:

Ryan (stick and forget)
Stekenburg (4m non playing keeper)

Zinchenko (no brainer at that price)
Digne (bonus points and assists)
TAA (attacking threat)
Lindstram (4.1m enabler who will looks like he’ll play most games and OOP).
Rico (Cheap bench fodder) missed out on Kelly by .1

Mane
Sterling (no brainer)
KDB (No brainer)
Ceballos (excellent VFM in an attacking side at just 5.6m)
Martial (had from day 1, likely to keep due to his position on the pitch, assuming he’s not going to be injured for long)

Abraham (Brought in this week with live wildcard – after upgrading Josh King. Seems excellent value at 7.1m for a team that are going to score goals.
Pukki
Ayew (I have had him since start of season, seems to good a value at 5m to transfer out)

There is no money left in the bank.

Do I risk going without Salah, or is there a way to get him in there? If I do get him in there will it weaken the rest of my team?

Thoughts welcome. Wildcard is active.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Re: Mane v Salah - Help Please

Post by Smurphy Paw »

James instead of Martial if you like Man U; Mount if you don’t

Richt
FISO Knight

Post by Richt »

Additional thoughts

Pukki to McGoldrick (playing lots of minutes so potential 2 point benchwarmer

Rico to Kelly 2 point minimum benchwarmer, can be rotated with Lindstram to make a decent potential return from a back 4, if Abraham is only playing striker in a 4-5-1 formation, but then Ayew could always be started against weaker opposition.

This allows Mane to Salah.

Is Pukki likely to be all that?
(although same argument could be made for Tammy Abrahams, but one would fancy Chelsea to score more than Norwich)

In my mind it comes down to Pukki v TAA.

(open to other view points from you all).
Last edited by Richt on 02 Sep 2019, 08:36, edited 1 time in total.

Richt
FISO Knight

Post by Richt »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 02 Sep 2019, 08:30 James instead of Martial if you like Man U; Mount if you don’t
Good "food for thought". Martial is playing more forward though isn't he so likely to score more goals. Saying that, D James is doing good and could we worth that 1.6m saving

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Richt wrote: 02 Sep 2019, 08:35
Smurphy's Paw wrote: 02 Sep 2019, 08:30 James instead of Martial if you like Man U; Mount if you don’t
Good "food for thought". Martial is playing more forward though isn't he so likely to score more goals. Saying that, D James is doing good and could we worth that 1.6m saving
Yes he is. That’s the risk and I had him until last week for that reason. Balanced against Man U look rank average and both the suggested players have started as well as Martial for less money. I think it’s a fine call, but it is one way to raise the cash

Just A Kiwi
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Just A Kiwi »

“Is Pukki likely to be all that?“

Goals against Liverpool, Newcastle and Chelsea suggests to me he is. Drawing his first blank away at West Ham doesn’t worry me. He’s quick and will score goals.

dod
FISOhead
FS Record: I have never won FPL.

Post by dod »

TAA to Matip frees up a lot of cash but my preferred option would be to drop Ceballos to a baseline MID.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 02 Sep 2019, 08:54
Richt wrote: 02 Sep 2019, 08:35
Yes he is. That’s the risk and I had him until last week for that reason. Balanced against Man U look rank average and both the suggested players have started as well as Martial for less money. I think it’s a fine call, but it is one way to raise the cash
I'm on my own lil IB break, but Rank Average is ok if they score, and he has looked promising. If Martial is still broken then I'm looking at James or Iwobi. Iwobi isn't actually that bad and if Everton don't top MU and Chelsea in the League I expect them to be close along with Leicester who have started to play better from what I have seen.

Richt
FISO Knight

Post by Richt »

I suppose Martial to James
And
Mane to Salah

Is probably the best option.

That will then give a couple of game weeks to see how they're both doing and to gauge if the 1m between Salah and Mane is actually worth it.

An easy fix if need be on weeks down the line.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Richt
FISO Knight

Post by Richt »

Work in progress. WC activeImage

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

Looks good. Surely Button rather than Stek though?

Kaiser00
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: None

Post by Kaiser00 »

I’ve got a similar team except Ceballos for Mount. Pope, Button , Rico and Barnes. I like Masuaku, he’s very attacking and Pellingrini likes the wing back formations. I’m now wondering If Ceballos will rack up some points with Arsenal’s good fixtures, better than Chelsea’s for the next 5. I fancy Auba to rack up a few, but who will get the most assists.

Richt
FISO Knight

Post by Richt »

jacksosi wrote: 03 Sep 2019, 07:16 Looks good. Surely Button rather than Stek though?
My thought process on the Button v Stek argument is the number of people who have selected Button. If a number of people transfer him out, then he could easily lose .1m. Probably not something to really worry about.

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

Richt wrote:
jacksosi wrote: 03 Sep 2019, 07:16 Looks good. Surely Button rather than Stek though?
My thought process on the Button v Stek argument is the number of people who have selected Button. If a number of people transfer him out, then he could easily lose .1m. Probably not something to really worry about.
I’d agree with your logic if you had any other keeper apart from Ryan :)

Surely then it’s worth risking 0.1 in case anything happens to Ryan, as you have the backup.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”