To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Sensible blah?

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
Ironfist
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th

Re: Sensible blah?

Post by Ironfist »

Aldershot Rejects wrote: 05 Dec 2019, 07:51 I'm tempted to agree with SP even if you go back to 3 reds atb post GW19
Three Pool defenders at around 20+m for an average of 6-10pts per game is totally unacceptable and would be rejected without a second thought if you'd be talking about a couple of expensive strikers.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

They got 29 last GW....

I'm determined to be ahead of the curve on this one 😐

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

What if it's a downward curve?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

blah humbug 😂

Obviously it could, but the same could be said about 2 Foxes atb plus Vardy?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I did bring in Mount and Alli as Alli looked yo be about to rise, which he did....

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

blahblah wrote: 05 Dec 2019, 08:58 blah humbug 😂

Obviously it could, but the same could be said about 2 Foxes atb plus Vardy?
I thought I’d phrased it is ‘Or, one...’ as an option not an instruction.
That said, you have an enforced Liverpool defensive transfer for GW18 which can’t be said for your Foxes. That’s why, two weeks out, there’s a case for it when you needed to raise cash

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Yep I see the point, and VvD is the only one that don't have cash tied up in.

I'm settled on either playing 10 or spunking 2 Transfers on it that GW. I can't say 523 is where I wanted to be, but I'll be choosing between Ings and Mount a far bit until the New Year...

Kaspar (Buttons)
Perthing, TAA, VvD, Robbo, Lund
Sterling, Alli, Mount (Dendoncker, Hayden)
Vardy, Tammy, Ings

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Well my sensibleness is under threat this week.

Spurs were very impressive, and Citeh weren't! On the plus side I didn't immediately kneejerk Ings to Kane and Sterling to base Mid with a view of upgrading Mount with the spare cash the next GW.

If I'm good I roll this idea so I don't take a hit and Sterling gets a go at Arse and Spurs have Wolves....

Ironfist
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th

Post by Ironfist »

Not all reactions to poor (player) performance is 'kneejerk'. Sometimes it's quick recognition of an asset turning poor (for whatever reasons) and sometimes it just doesn't sit well with your planning.
Also, taking hits is NOT a child's game. I have made significant progress in my OR every 2 out of 3 times when I took hits.
You can do better than Mount (and Sterling) atm.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Yep it would be Alli plus one on a 523 set up.

Alli, ??? (Dendoncker, Hayden, ???)
Vardy, Tammy, Kane.

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

Like the way you have setup your team for GW17 with complete neglectance of GW18 and GW19. What is your plan if you look more than one week out?
Clearly all the transfers you are talking of above is not where you should focus

Bank seems the obvious next move of yours :D

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I'm totally ignoring the L'pool blank 😎

Less flippantly: depending on VvD's price I may use 2 to bring in a 3rd playing defender, but it's not a priority compared to getting in more Spuds to go with Lpool and Fox bods.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Well I'm stuck now:
Kaspar
TAA, VvD, Robbo, Perthing, Lund
KdB, Alli, Mount
Kane, Vardy

Buttons, Greenwood, Dendoncker, Hayden

71 last GW and back in the top 1m 👏👏👏👏

But 2 to use in the next hours. How do I avoid losing my 2nd?

Long term plan is Kaspar to Fab and and Fox outfielder for Mount; and Spuds looked shockingly bad in their last 2 matches. But Spuds have Norwich and Mount has Arse......

Any suggestions are welcome - even stupid ones today 😂

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

blahblah wrote: 28 Dec 2019, 09:24 Well I'm stuck now:
Kaspar
KdB, Alli, Mount
Kane, Vardy

Buttons, Greenwood, Dendoncker, Hayden

71 last GW and back in the top 1m 👏👏👏👏

But 2 to use in the next hours. How do I avoid losing my 2nd?

Long term plan is Kaspar to Fab and and Fox outfielder for Mount; and Spuds looked shockingly bad in their last 2 matches. But Spuds have Norwich and Mount has Arse......

Any suggestions are welcome - even stupid ones today 😂
Alli is a big fitness doubt isn't he?

I know you've backed the triple Liverpool defence but I'd be wanting one of Salah or Mane so with the possible injury to Alli could you not do Alli to Salah funded by Robertson to a 4. something defender? How much would you have left for the defender if you did Alli to Salah?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Tbh I'm set on the Lpool3 atb at least until MiniMe turns up. Salah looks off the pace and I see done conservative play from Klippity.

Alli has gone up 4 times since I bought him 😱😎

I do think it's Mount with 6.9m to spend or lose a Transfer. I cnt remember the last time I purposely gave up a Transfer 😐

Maybe Mount to Maddie and an interim GK before Fab?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

re Mosa Lah: he has hardly had a break for years? He has definitely been looking heavy legged lately and missed a whack of minutes?

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

I thought he looked razor sharp the last few games, I'm set on Salah and Mane even if they both may get a rest at some point over the next couple of games. Think they will continue to relentlessly push for the title and fancy both Mane and Salah to continue to score heavily. If Salah breaks then he's an easy swap to Sterling or a premium striker etc.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Yep, its a shame no Wolves Mids tempt me....

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

blahblah wrote:Yep, its a shame no Wolves Mids tempt me....
Traore is smashing it at £5.4m.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

jacksosi wrote: 28 Dec 2019, 10:18
blahblah wrote:Yep, its a shame no Wolves Mids tempt me....
Traore is smashing it at £5.4m.
My issue there is that he used to be so crap 😂😂😂

Definitely an idea for Mount though.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

There isn’t a £6.9m midfielder with significantly better prospects than Mount for the next match or two, Traore option noted
Whoever you bring in for Kaspar for that same time period might do less well.

But rather than waste the transfer...
Are you going to bench Lundstram for their difficult run? If so I’d look at your bench to see if there’s anyone with better fixtures than Dendoncker and Hayden. Or someone with more attacking threat. Obvs these are low priority moves but if that’s the flexibility you have is it worth considering?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I just start Lund now. I see him as per the Lpool bods ie attacking points are expected.... If they do start to struggle then he can become Soy when Fab starts again.

Traore is starting to appeal as he was still running at the end last night, whereas Mount has been struggling lately....

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

Shame he has LIV(A) to start, although wolves do step up.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I knew there was a reason 😫

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Grealish?

Should start and a couple of easyish matches then Citeh 😊

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Ok I'm settled on a short list: Mount, Grealish or Zaha.

Its not even medium term as this spot will be Maddison when Fab is able to replace Kaspar.

My only other question marks are the 2 Spuds, who will be under the blahscope....

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Reet. Well o went for Zaha who actually played well for CP and looked dangerous in a Goal or Red Card kinda way.

I also RAGE sold the pants Alli from the AMAZINGLY BAD Spuds for Martial.

This leaves

Kaspar
KdB, Martial, Zaha,
Kane, Vardy

Buttons, Greenwood, Dendoncker, Hayden.

I have 1 left this week so Kane to Kun or Auba; or hold it a GW and shift the cash to midfield - but who for?

The Lpool3 are non-negotiable and im still eyeing Kaspar to Fab and an outfield Fox, but this is a wait and see after Buck implied that he is after a Cup more than 2nd spot and DM coulf well make WHam even worse for a fee weeks....

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Well blah has finally got back into the top 500k, thanks to some genius moves and banding Kun last GW.

Obviously, before the match, blah intended to dump Kun and Zaha for Ings and Son, which is now a tricky transfer to hit Submit on....

So a few tinkering later and trying out a WC 😨

Foster, Buttons
VvD, Robbo, TAA, Lund, 4.5m
KdB, Son, Dendoncker, Hayden, 4.5m
Kun, Vardy, Ings

I think that I can keep Kaspar and have Cathcart at 4.3m and a 4.4m 3rd sub in midfield...

The formation will be 523 or 433 with Dendoncker starting.....

Is it totally daft?

The Lpool3 are non-negotiable 😉

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

re 4.5m Set: there are a couple at SHU.... and some bod has suggested that Lund is getting dropped, so both would free up some cash for the Mid who may have to start?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Maybe the sensible option 😞😢 is to use the 2 this GW then ride a GW then 2 again as I can get either Son or Ings (for Zaha plus Martial or Greenwood) in this GW with 4.4m Mid.

The problem then is that I'm against it re price rises 😤

Keeping Kaspar and bringing in Cathcart is only 4 transfers, which isn't really worth a WC 😐

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”