To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Wilson and Son's time to shine?

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
sunbather
FISOhead
FS Record: Top 60k FPL finish seven years in a row, best result Top 2k

Wilson and Son's time to shine?

Post by sunbather »

fpl 260719.jpg

What do people think? Any advice appreciated.

Giroud kind of a placeholder, in the hope that a Lampard preference reveals itself over the next few weeks. If it doesn't, then I'd likely switch to 3-5-2 and bring in Zaha or GroB instead. Not really taken with Deulofeu.

It does feel odd having so little money up top, but Robertson outscored all forwards last year. I think that he and TAA are something else, and a steal at 7m.

This team is only intended for the first four gameweeks, I tend to wildcard in the first international break.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by sunbather on 23 Sep 2019, 11:58, edited 2 times in total.

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2014/15 1757th FPL
Formerly David Luiz Is A Hero

Re: Cheapest front three I've ever had

Post by DavidLloydIsAHero »

Nothing wrong with that, obviously you're aware of Chelsea doubts up top. Wolves' fixtures are ropey which is putting me off Jota but it didn't seem to matter for them last year

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

So far I have managed to avoid trying this idea as I'm bound to jump the wrong way.....

sunbather
FISOhead

Post by sunbather »

blahblah wrote: ↑26 Jul 2019, 11:34 So far I have managed to avoid trying this idea as I'm bound to jump the wrong way.....
David Luiz Is A Hero wrote: ↑26 Jul 2019, 11:30 Nothing wrong with that, obviously you're aware of Chelsea doubts up top. Wolves' fixtures are ropey which is putting me off Jota but it didn't seem to matter for them last year
Thanks for the thoughts guys. Yeah it's an easy switch if Giroud is too doubtful. I'm happy with a punt or two anyway.

I love Jota, probably because he did so well for me the end of last season. Striving to be objective though, 9 goals and 8 assists in 2352 mins for a newly promoted side is a great return in my opinion. He took a while to settle in but I think he's good value at 6.5.

I should have mentioned before, this is a four week team, I always wildcard in the first international break.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Having had a closer look at your squad (and why I don't want to knock one out πŸ˜‚) is that I would look at 523 with 3x4.5m starting Mids on the bench and a proper GK.

sunbather
FISOhead

Post by sunbather »

blahblah wrote: ↑26 Jul 2019, 11:49 Having had a closer look at your squad (and why I don't want to knock one out πŸ˜‚) is that I would look at 523 with 3x4.5m starting Mids on the bench and a proper GK.
Assuming we keep Robertson, TAA and Digne, who would be your other two defenders? I've considered more at the back, e.g. Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal but I'm wary of them. City cover would be cool though.

I love Fraser, are you keen to strike him from the team? Or Sterling and put more money up front for Aguero or Kane?

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2014/15 1757th FPL
Formerly David Luiz Is A Hero

Post by DavidLloydIsAHero »

sunbather wrote: ↑26 Jul 2019, 11:45

I should have mentioned before, this is a four week team, I always wildcard in the first international break.
In that case I'd be sorely tempted to sack the Chelsea and Wolves forwards, swap one of King/Fraser to Chelsea after GW 2 and get some Everton in there somehow.

Maybe

Giroud Jota Fraser and Hayden > Wickham/Greenwood Deleufou/DCL Brooks and Siggy

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Laporte for certain and you could afford Mendy or whoever starts with Walker as an option.

sunbather
FISOhead

Post by sunbather »

Giroud is maybe a punt too far. Have done this for now:

Giroud :arrow: Greenwood
Kelly :arrow: Laporte

Artius Stelio
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: N/A

Post by Artius Stelio »

Me personally I like to have one premium striker (currently Kane) just in case one of them (Kane/Aguero/Auba) starts on fire. It’s going to be tough for you to get one of those in without wildcarding or taking a hit but if you are happy to wait the first four gameweeks before jumping on a premium striker then go for it I guess.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

sunbather wrote: ↑26 Jul 2019, 12:22 Giroud is maybe a punt too far. Have done this for now:

And Greenwood isn't?

I reckon you can have 3x6.5, Salah and Sterling with Pickford, Digne and 2 Defs from Citeh and Lpool.

sunbather
FISOhead

Post by sunbather »

blahblah wrote: ↑26 Jul 2019, 13:52
sunbather wrote: ↑26 Jul 2019, 12:22 Giroud is maybe a punt too far. Have done this for now:

And Greenwood isn't?

I reckon you can have 3x6.5, Salah and Sterling with Pickford, Digne and 2 Defs from Citeh and Lpool.
You're talking about a 523 still? I should have been clearer, the Greenwood move would be for a 442, with Laporte essentially replacing Giroud.

What you've suggested is probably affordable, but I don't think it's for me. City's defence wasn't as good first half of last season, if I recall correctly. I'm more than happy to bolster defence but I do want at least a few toys to play with in attack too. Your suggestion also doesn't leave any wiggle room for any midfield bandwagons too. For example if anyone like Perez, Zaha, GroB, Fraser etc do well and it's a chance to earn money and points.

I assume you're pretty confident that a City defender like Laporte or Walker will outscore the 6.5 mid options?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Yep to the latter.

As above I have been avoiding such a squad, but it has potential for the first few GW's. My actual current squad has Kane, KdB and Richarlison with 2 x 6.5m Fwds

sunbather
FISOhead

Post by sunbather »

fpl 300719.jpg

Here's my latest draft, intended as a 4-4-2 for the first four gameweeks.

I've basically swapped Giroud for Laporte. I like the idea of 3 Liverpool and 2 City, but could be persuaded to spend the Laporte money in midfield or up front instead if a good contender emerges.

Happy to have .5 ITB for potential upgrades or bandwagons, e.g. Perez to Zaha or Maddison, or King/Jota to Chelsea striker.

What do people think?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

sunbather wrote: ↑30 Jul 2019, 12:58 fpl 300719.jpg

Here's my latest draft, intended as a 4-4-2 for the first four gameweeks.

I've basically swapped Giroud for Laporte. I like the idea of 3 Liverpool and 2 City, but could be persuaded to spend the Laporte money in midfield or up front instead if a good contender emerges.

Happy to have .5 ITB for potential upgrades or bandwagons, e.g. Perez to Zaha or Maddison, or King/Jota to Chelsea striker.

What do people think?
Laporte is the nailed player but I'm confident Zinchenko will play at least the 1st GW as Mendy hasn't even seen 1 min of pre season and still slightly injured to my knowledge and hes only 5.5

sunbather
FISOhead

Post by sunbather »

fpl 060819.jpg
What do people think of this draft? I've upgraded King to Wilson with the Laporte to Zinchenko money.

A move I'm tempted by is:
Wilson :arrow: King
Fraser :arrow: Sigurdsson

This would leave me with 1m ITB to play with to catch bandwagons. I'm reluctant though because I do think a home game against Sheffield United could well be more profitable for Fraser than Palace away for Siggy.

sunbather
FISOhead

Post by sunbather »

fpl 070819.jpg

Happier with this draft, giving me Vardy over Wilson, and more balance between midfield and attack. Any thoughts appreciated....

sunbather
FISOhead

Re: Wilson and Son's time to shine?

Post by sunbather »

fpl 230919.jpg
I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts on this for a -4:

Sterling :arrow: Son
Digne :arrow: Rico
Greenwood :arrow: Wilson

Digne's played every game so far for me, so essentially this is me saying that Son, Wilson and one of Lundstram/Rico/Mings rotating will outscore Sterling, Digne and Cantwell.

I like what it does to my team structurally, in pushing more money into attack, so I could jump on players like Maddison, Firmino, Aubameyang easier as an when.

My main concerns lie with Spurs' inconsistency, and the fact that I'll probably end up benching Cantwell points.

What do you think?

Stu255
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stu255 »

All I will say is that when I have made transfers around the next 2-3 fixtures those transfers have been pants, even whenever it has been my captain.

The only thing that has ever really worked for me is to pick quality FPL players (with some career history) at quality clubs (so they win games) and shuffle them about based on expected minutes and a fixture horizon of about 8 weeks.

Also, bias the money towards boring consistent players like defenders as that means you have less volatile GW scores and make less/fewer emotional decisions.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Wrong Wilson?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to β€œFPL Team Diaries & RMTs”