To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Artius Stelio - RMT

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
Artius Stelio
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: N/A

Artius Stelio - RMT

Post by Artius Stelio »

New here and on my mobile so no idea how to post a screenshot of my team.

Ederson

Robertson
Van Dijk
Walker
Digne

Salah
Zaha
B. Silva
Pereyra

Kane
King

Bench: Button, Taylor, Dendoncker, Nkeitah

I’m not bothered about the bench players at all so really just looking for opinions on the starting lineup, would you change anything?

dod
FISOhead
FS Record: I have never won FPL.

Re: Artius Stelio - RMT

Post by dod »

No real issues. Looks fine.

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Welcome to Fiso :)

Your team (inc bench) is almost identical to mine so naturally I agree with dod.

Walker ... I can't make my mind up on him. The fact he gets matched by Che defenders despite playing for MC makes me wonder if he is overpriced for FPL. Maguire, if he ends up at MC, might be a better bet as I think he would be playing very regularly.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

The only thing I'd consider much at the moment is the structure of the keeper spend and the 4th defender structure. Nothing really wrong with Walker at all (and he could be Mendy who would be excellent if he plays as much as Walker did last year - although that does seem a bit doubtful) it's just a bit of a question in my mid about whether Walker is your backup for Digne rather than a replacement for a potential value defender from a price bracket or 3 lower.

Nothing concrete yet and these are just the same questions I ask myself when dropping in and out an extra premium defender.

Artius Stelio
Kevin and Perry

Post by Artius Stelio »

Thanks for the responses guys. I’ve been playing around with it a bit, I like to have 4 or 5 different teams drafted with different formations before finally deciding on the one I like most. Here is my latest one, do you think it’s better than the team in my original post?

Lloris

Robertson
Laporte
Digne
Maguire
Ake

Zaha
Salah
B. Silva
Siggy

Kane

Bench: Button, Andone, Nketiah, Dendoncker

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

I think your structures are good and you are already at the stage of flipping the personnel (and from a decent shortlist).

Both your options look decent to me. Slight gut preference for the first one, if only because the 8m mids look good but will they hit the points needed to justify their valuation? So having both of them might hold you back. I am trying to play the game more savvy this year (it was year 1 for me last year) and while I have historically been good at spotting players, I need to take more notice of their price.

Artius Stelio
Kevin and Perry

Post by Artius Stelio »

Okay so another drafted team I’ve put together, again absolutely no bench they are all 4m/4.5m so won’t bother listing them but here’s the starting lineup. Opinions?

Lloris

Robertson
Ake
Digne
Laporte
Dunk

Salah
Sterling

Kane
King
DCL

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

Post by itslikebrandnew »

Your team has the same structure as mine. The problem i found was strikers. King is not value for money and will underperform his price. For me aiming for 30pts per million i had to rule him out.

dod
FISOhead
FS Record: I have never won FPL.

Post by dod »

It looks a very good team. Comparing it with my own there is no doubt yours has the potential to score more highly. It is like a thoroughbred racehorse chomping at the bit and waiting for the stalls to open at the start of the Derby. Mine is more like a heavily armoured Clydesdale preparing to drag a plough across a mud field in a war zone.

The question is "Is FPL more like Epsom Downs or Flanders fields?" If the former, then you are easily going to win the race. If the latter, then I am going to pass you as the vet erects a curtain around your team and puts a single bullet in the chamber of his gun.

Artius Stelio
Kevin and Perry

Post by Artius Stelio »

I’m really struggling to find a team I’m happy with, mainly because I’m trying to fit Salah, Sterling and Kane all in. As well as these 3 players I don’t want to downgrade my defenders too much and I’d also like Siggy so yeah not asking for much :lol:

Artius Stelio
Kevin and Perry

Post by Artius Stelio »

Right now I’ve found a team I’m relatively happy with and think I’ll start the season with it unless something happens in the transfer window where I think I need someone certain. Here’s the team!

Lloris

Robertson
Laporte
VVD
Walker
Digne

Salah
B. Silva
Maddison

Kane
King

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Who is on your bench?

It is similar, but better than my similar lot ie I have Rich and KdB in midfield.

Artius Stelio
Kevin and Perry

Post by Artius Stelio »

blahblah wrote: 10 Jul 2019, 18:49 Who is on your bench?

It is similar, but better than my similar lot ie I have Rich and KdB in midfield.
My bench is all 4/4.5m fodder mate. Button, Hayden, Dendoncker and Wickham.

Artius Stelio
Kevin and Perry

Post by Artius Stelio »

A few minor changes and I’ve got my final team (yeah right :mrgreen: ) decided two weeks prior to the first game.

Lloris: Want a set and forget GK choice, Lloris should provide some early clean sheets with Spurs’ home fixtures and well I know they have City as their first away game but plenty of shots for Lloris to save!

Robertson: Doesn’t need much explaining, assists and CS galore throughout the season, prefer to the 7m midfield choices.

Trent: See above! Plus set pieces.

Laporte: Want City coverage at the back and Laporte is a good season long pick.

Pereira: Not seeing him mentioned in many people’s teams but I think he showed enough last season to justify his price tag and in a Rodgers team he may score even more points so I’m happy to try him from the start whilst people are all going for the other options around that price range.

Digne: Great fixtures to start the season, goal and assist potential and on some set pieces, great stuff.

Perez: Probably my biggest punt but I think it’s good to go for one or two risks to try get ahead of others. He’s a quality player and hopefully playing with better players will bump his goals and assists up this season, could be a bargain at £6.5m.

Salah: Will be the top point scorer come the end of the season, again!

B.Silva: Seen most trying to fit KDB/Sterling into their teams but for me B.Silva will prove to be brilliant value for money this season, double figures in goals and assists I’m predicting.

Kane: I like to have a premium striker and Kane’s price can’t be ignored, alternative captain choice to Salah.

King: Great early fixtures and is also on penalties I believe?

Bench: Button, Dendoncker, Hayden, Wickham.

This will be quite the change for me as I’ve always played either 3-5-2 or 3-4-3. I think there’s brilliant value in the defenders this season and I’ve always been tempted to go 5 at the back so finally doing it!

Interested to see people’s opinions on this?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”