To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The Minertaur RMT

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
The Minertaur
Wideboy

The Minertaur RMT

Post by The Minertaur »

Draft 1.png
Thoughts? Not really happy with just 2 City players and 1 Liverpool and ideally would want Mane in.

This is the first year I've done FPL where I've had no idea on half the team. Usually I've 7 or 8 players who are nailed on but it's tough this season.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Re: The Minertaur RMT

Post by raoul »

The Minertaur wrote: 02 Jul 2019, 09:29 Draft 1.png

Thoughts? Not really happy with just 2 City players and 1 Liverpool and ideally would want Mane in.

This is the first year I've done FPL where I've had no idea on half the team. Usually I've 7 or 8 players who are nailed on but it's tough this season.
other than the GK, this looks very like the auto team I was given when I experimented with it. Full of mid-priced and nothing 10m or above.

Each player looks reasonable but what are your captain options?

The Minertaur
Wideboy

Post by The Minertaur »

raoul wrote: 02 Jul 2019, 09:33
other than the GK, this looks very like the auto team I was given when I experimented with it. Full of mid-priced and nothing 10m or above.

Each player looks reasonable but what are your captain options?
[/quote]

Fair point about the captaincy options. I tend to like to have a full bench of decent players but I think I'll need to sacrifice it this year.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

Post by itslikebrandnew »

It's a strong squad but if you're up against Salah/Aguero every week as captain there isn't anyone or a combination of players that could match them.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

A lot of value spread and realistically too much on the bench each week. I reckon you need to consolidate some of that cash to at least reach Mane/Kane levels for a captain option (other than KDB who could be captained too if his injury woes are done with and he returns to former glories.

cymbalrush84
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in Pendulum Swingers Super League 2006/7

Post by cymbalrush84 »

I had thought of going Bournemouth heavy as a short-term investment, but with Adam Smith, Brooks, King instead. Less money involved.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

The Minertaur
Wideboy

Post by The Minertaur »

Draft 2.png
Bit of a play around last night and I'm happier with this. If Zaha stays at Palace then Mili will be changed to Perez (if he goes to Leicester). Kane may change with Auba, Mane with Salah.

Thoughts?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cymbalrush84
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cymbalrush84 »

The Minertaur wrote:
Draft 2.png
Bit of a play around last night and I'm happier with this. If Zaha stays at Palace then Mili will be changed to Perez (if he goes to Leicester). Kane may change with Auba, Mane with Salah.

Thoughts?
If Zaha stays, I'd be tempted to keep Milivojevic too as Zaha does win penalties. Just a thought.

The Minertaur
Wideboy

Post by The Minertaur »

cymbalrush84 wrote: 03 Jul 2019, 08:47
The Minertaur wrote:Draft 2.png

Thoughts?
If Zaha stays, I'd be tempted to keep Milivojevic too as Zaha does win penalties. Just a thought.

Good point - I'm expecting there to be plenty penalties early on in the season so would be happy with Mili. Perez would be more of a punt but would save 0.5

The Minertaur
Wideboy

Post by The Minertaur »

Have done a bit more playing about with the team and currently sitting with -

Ederson (Button)
Zinchenko, TAA, Van Dijk, Cathcart (Rico)
Perez, Fraser, Salah, Sigurdsson (Dendoncker)
Wilson, Kane (Greenwood)

Thoughts? Any help will be appreciated :)

dod
FISOhead
FS Record: I have never won FPL.

Post by dod »

The Minertaur wrote: 22 Jul 2019, 16:14 Have done a bit more playing about with the team and currently sitting with -

Ederson (Button)
Wilson, Kane (Greenwood)

It's your best attempt so far. Having Cathcart as a starter is obviously the price you are willing to pay for strength in other areas. I'm not sure that it's a price I would be prepared to pay :lol: but it's a decent looking team.

The Minertaur
Wideboy

Post by The Minertaur »

dod wrote: 22 Jul 2019, 18:35
The Minertaur wrote: 22 Jul 2019, 16:14 Have done a bit more playing about with the team and currently sitting with -

Ederson (Button)
Wilson, Kane (Greenwood)

It's your best attempt so far. Having Cathcart as a starter is obviously the price you are willing to pay for strength in other areas. I'm not sure that it's a price I would be prepared to pay :lol: but it's a decent looking team.
Will see how West Ham line up and then possibly swap Cathcart for Diop/Balbuena/Fredericks etc in GW2.

cymbalrush84
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cymbalrush84 »

Very decent team.

With a 1.5m difference between Wilson and King, I'd see if Perez and Fraser can be bettered.

That's the only sticking point for me.

The Minertaur
Wideboy

Post by The Minertaur »

cymbalrush84 wrote: 23 Jul 2019, 20:13 Very decent team.

With a 1.5m difference between Wilson and King, I'd see if Perez and Fraser can be bettered.

That's the only sticking point for me.

I'd much rather keep Wilson for the start of the season as can see him outscoring King easily. Perez will probably change before season starts. Tempted by Gross with his excellent fixtures after GW1.

The Minertaur
Wideboy

Post by The Minertaur »

I've made some pretty significant changes to the team.

Pickford (Button)
TAA, Zinchenko, Rico, Walker-Peters (Chambers)
Fraser, Salah, Sigurdsson (Lanzini & Albrighton)
Origi, Kane, Wilson

So the plan -
Origi is a purely short term move with Mane I presume coming back into the team around GW2 or 3. Will wait and see who starts the season well before deciding on who to swap him out for.
Rico/Walker-Peters and Lanzini will basically be on a rotation between the 3 with 1 dropping out. Love West Hams fixtures after Man City.

Thoughts? Room for improvement?

The Minertaur
Wideboy

Post by The Minertaur »

More changes have been made!

Ryan (Button)
Zinchenko, TAA, KWP, Rico (Diop)
Fraser, Salah, De Bruyne (Trossard, McCarthy)
Wood, Wilson, Kane

Early plans - GW2 swap out KWP for Trossard. GW3 - swap back KWP for Rico.

The Minertaur
Wideboy

Post by The Minertaur »

GW1 - 76 points
Not the best of starts and a bit annoying that I chose the wrong Burnley striker but I'm happy enough with it.

1 transfer for GW2 - really wasn't impressed by Bournemouth so have brought Martial in before his price rise last night.

Question - I have the 2 Brighton keepers in my team. Is it just me that has Button as his starting keeper just on the off chance that Ryan is sent off? That way I don't take a hit for the red card and get a point for Button coming on? Is there a downside to this? I suppose Ryan could get injured late on with a clean sheet and be subbed off.

The Minertaur
Wideboy

Post by The Minertaur »

Forgot all about this thread.

So basically a 3rd through the season and I'm satisfied with my position. Wildcard was used in GW4 and I've still got all my chips available and I'm sitting 232889th currently.

Team for this week:
Gazzaniga (Button)
Tomori, Soyunucu, TAA, Lundstram (Rico)
De Bruyne, Mane, Mount, (Traore), (James)
Vardy, Abraham, Kane (C)

Transfer done this week was Auba out and Kane in. So close to using TC this week on Kane but looking for reasons why not to....

The Minertaur
Wideboy

Post by The Minertaur »

Once again I forgot all about this thread!

The team I have picked for next week:

Pope

TAA, AWB, Boly, Lascelles

Salah, Fernandes, KDB, Martial

Jimenez, Kane

SUBS - Henderson, Foden, DCL, Holgate

Currently sitting just inside the top 70k and clear at the top of all my mini-leagues. Frustrating though as I've only had 320 points from my captain picks this season while the guy 72 points behind me in my main mini league has 499. 179 points the difference. If I'd matched that I'd be sitting in the top 100 in the world! Captain choice clearly is crucial if you want to get into the top 10k.

Still got my bench boost to go so hopeful of finishing higher than 42506th last season.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

Good TV as well OR, shame about the captain choice this week. Jimenez was not a bad pick so just a tad unlucky.

When are you planning the BB? I have blown all my chips now and just quietly making FT's until the season ends. I may hit my target of 100k but not without the captains going well

The Minertaur
Wideboy

Post by The Minertaur »

Here we go with the 2020/21 season. Last season I finished just outside the top 100k which was gutting.

This season:

Goalkeeper:

My initial thoughts were to go for Pope but he's too expensive and blanking in gameweek 1 which means that I need to find somebody else. Based on fixtures it would either be Patricio, Lloris or McCarthy and I'm currently sitting with the Southampton keeper. Nyland as sub.

Defence:

Trent 100%. No matter the price - he was in my team all last season and that will not change. Based on the rest of the team I've had to go with 4.5 elsewhere so that is Walker-Peters, Vinagre, Justin and Taylor. Leicester and Burnley fixtures go well together and the other 2 have decent fixtures at the start. Did look at Ferguson at Palace but I just think they are shocking at the back and they'll concede.

Midfield:

I originally had 3 big hitters but the opening blanks changes everything. First name on the teamsheet was Aubameyang as he'll easily get 20 from midfield. Same with Salah. Next up is Son who shall be upgraded to Fernandes after gameweek 1. Saint-Maximin was a standout at the tail-end of last season and I reckon he's been overlooked here as I was fully expecting him to be over 6m. Last player is Stephens at Brighton who is just a cheap 2 point sub.

Forward:

Vardy is too expensive and Martial blanks GW1. That leaves Jiminez and Ings with the best fixtures and both will be heavily involved with their sides goals. Bench fodder is Vassilev.

Plan is to get Fernandes in GW2 and then do Auba to either KDB or Sterling in GW3.

Thoughts?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

It shows what you can achieve when you don't go heavier in defence which has been the fashion so far (double Liverpool, even triple, and/or Doherty have been common in RMTs so far).

Are you confident in starting 3 out of those 4 defenders every GW? That's been my main concern with the cheapies as while there are decent enough options it's looking like rotation isn't easy. Vinagre does stand out, assuming Wolves don't sign anyone, but you can only bench one defender each GW. Are you confident playing 3 out of these defenders each GW:

The Minertaur
Wideboy

Post by The Minertaur »

Mav3rick wrote: 24 Aug 2020, 10:26 It shows what you can achieve when you don't go heavier in defence which has been the fashion so far (double Liverpool, even triple, and/or Doherty have been common in RMTs so far).

Are you confident in starting 3 out of those 4 defenders every GW? That's been my main concern with the cheapies as while there are decent enough options it's looking like rotation isn't easy. Vinagre does stand out, assuming Wolves don't sign anyone, but you can only bench one defender each GW. Are you confident playing 3 out of these defenders each GW:

Can I ask where you got that picture from? Such a handy tool!

I have been tempted to try and get a Spurs defender in for one of the 4.5 but not sure who. Other option is to downgrade Jimi to Mitrovic and then upgrade to either Doherty or VVD.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

The Minertaur
Wideboy

Post by The Minertaur »

Mav3rick wrote: 24 Aug 2020, 11:18 Sure, it's from https://www.premierfantasytools.com/fpl ... ifficulty/
Cheers - have joined that site and it's already proving useful!

sibrown4
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFC Lions 2nd in League of Leagues Triumph. Draft FPL/TFF Combo League Winner 2018-19

Post by sibrown4 »

The Minertaur wrote:
Mav3rick wrote: 24 Aug 2020, 10:26 It shows what you can achieve when you don't go heavier in defence which has been the fashion so far (double Liverpool, even triple, and/or Doherty have been common in RMTs so far).

I have been tempted to try and get a Spurs defender in for one of the 4.5 but not sure who. Other option is to downgrade Jimi to Mitrovic and then upgrade to either Doherty or VVD.
Spurs defender? Dont do it. Resist.

The Minertaur
Wideboy

Post by The Minertaur »

sibrown4 wrote: 24 Aug 2020, 11:52
The Minertaur wrote:

Spurs defender? Dont do it. Resist.
Never fear I've put in Egan currently :lol:

SG_8
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 3 Top 10k finishes

Post by SG_8 »

The Minertaur wrote: 24 Aug 2020, 09:59 Defence:

Trent 100%. No matter the price - he was in my team all last season and that will not change. Based on the rest of the team I've had to go with 4.5 elsewhere so that is Walker-Peters, Vinagre, Justin and Taylor. Leicester and Burnley fixtures go well together and the other 2 have decent fixtures at the start. Did look at Ferguson at Palace but I just think they are shocking at the back and they'll cominez[/b] and Ings with the best fixtures and both will be heavily involved with their sides goals. Bench fodder is Vassilev.

Thoughts?
Don't you think downgrading one of Jimenez/Ings to a 6.0, which would give you money to get another attacker is better compared to playing 3 out of the 4.5 defenders each week? Even if you think the 6-7M priced attackers are unappealing right now, surely some will emerge from GW1? Playing two out of the 4.5 defs is fine, but 3 is a bit too much I feel. If you still think another attacker is not attractive you could always get a premium defender instead using that cash. Other than that I really like the team, my current midfield is identical to yours.

The Minertaur
Wideboy

Post by The Minertaur »

The current adapted draft team is:

McCarthy, Nyland

TAA, Doherty, Egan, Taylor, Justin

Salah, Auba, Son, ASM, Anguissa

Ings, Mitrovic, Vassilev

Leicester and Burnley fixtures mix together well. Just need Fulham to score goals...

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

The Minertaur wrote: 24 Aug 2020, 13:04 The current adapted draft team is:

McCarthy, Nyland

TAA, Doherty, Egan, Taylor, Justin

Salah, Auba, Son, ASM, Anguissa

Ings, Mitrovic, Vassilev

Leicester and Burnley fixtures mix together well. Just need Fulham to score goals...
Any reasons why you have Vassilev instead of Davies ?

I also have Anguissa as 4.5 and looks like he could actually start according to the forums fans

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”