To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Any advice much obliged thank you.

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Any advice much obliged thank you.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Opponent's squad with one free transfer (he'll prob change Son to Pogba):
Ryan Foster
TAA, Doherty Shaw, Valery, Cathcart
Son, Mane, Sterling, Jota, Redmond
Vardy, Jimmy, Aguero

My squad with 2 transfers:
Ryan, Foster
Roberton, Yosh'f***ing'ida, Valery, Doherty, Dunk
Son, Salah, Sterling, Mane, Cama'f****ing'rasa
Jimmy, Aguero, Llorente

I have a 10 point lead: Now my initial view was I'm big favourite with my 2 frees. Recently with team news however, I think it's much closer - I was set on Son/Jimmy to BSilva/Zaha. This does no defending of my position. Fernandinho injured might mean BSilva pushed back which is sh*t. So it might have to be Redmond instead, no? I feel captain decision may decide the week so should I go Mane? I'm on Salah at the moment.

danjones
Treebeard

Re: Any advice much obliged thank you.

Post by danjones »

What have you got in the bank? Enough for Son/Jimmy -> Redmond / Vardy? That looks the most defensive move to me to cover your rival.

Leaves your Dunk / Llorente / Salah +10 points versus their Shaw / Jimmy / Pogba? Maybe captain a golden boot chasing Salah?

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

I'd go Llorent > bargain bucket + one of the shite defenders > Laporte, and play four at the back, I can't see a useful upgrade on Cama.

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

I agree with Son > Redmond, Jimenez > Vardy. That's the exact move I would have made for my own team except that I own Gunn, Valery, and Long already. His differentials at that point would be Shaw, Pogba, and Jimenez (at Liv). I'd even be half tempted by a hit to bring in Shaw in your shoes. Basically the only way you'd lose in that scenario is a Salah blank and 8+ for Pogba.

Also, Aguero is the favorite for captain this week on FISO and FFS. He's the safer choice.

dod
FISOhead
FS Record: I have never won FPL.

Post by dod »

I'm in a very similar position protecting a 12 pt lead. I only had one FT so didn't overthink it and did Son > Bilva. In your position I like Son & Jimenez :arrow: Redmond & Vardy. Not that I'll be wishing you well if you do that as my rival has Vardy :wink: .

Personally I think I'd favour Salah as your captain pick. He got a goal and an assist in the reverse fixture. I don't much fancy Kun or Sterling away from home. Another possibility would be Vardy who seems in excellent current form facing a CHE side who may be tired, don't travel well, and have little to play for.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

Thanks for all the responses everyone. I have 0.1mn in the bank. Obviously not sure what he's going to do with his 1.6mn - I guessed he'd do Son to Pogba but I will keep a close eye on his team value! And I really want to captain Salah even though he doesn't have him. Chance of making the top 10k still if I can overhaul about 14 points myself!!

I also really wanted Zaha/Wilson, could be plenty of goals in that Palace/B'mouth dead rubber - Is Vardy really better because I can in fact afford him and Redmond? People are saying Chelsea are knackered but they bring back Pedro, Willian, Barkley, Higuaín, RLCheek, Alonso into the side, none of which played more than 70-80 minutes midweek. Although as mentioned they have nothing to play for.

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

How about Tielemans in instead of Redmond? I've got Vardy and quite tempted to bring him in for Son.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Have you thought about covering his Shaw?

While I have been far from big on MU lately they could keep a CS and\or he could get an Ass or two which could mean BP's?

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

Well yeah I could afford a Doherty to Shaw -4 along with the other 2 transfers but I don't think covering Shaw is as important as covering Vardy or Redmond. And at -4, Shaw would have to get some attacking returns to be worth a transfer and Doherty blank (which admittedly is likely).

Also if Valencia plays his final game for Man U, then Young could move to LB. I admit this is probably only 10% probability.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Redmond, really....

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

blahblah wrote: 11 May 2019, 13:31 Redmond, really....
:lol:

Everyone seems transfixed by him and his underlying stats. I've been drawn in. But my rival has him. :lol:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Sutter Kane wrote: 11 May 2019, 23:07
blahblah wrote: 11 May 2019, 13:31 Redmond, really....
:lol:

Everyone seems transfixed by him and his underlying stats. I've been drawn in. But my rival has him. :lol:
I fell for the FISO Wood thang :?

I'm hoping it didn't roll enough to get to Boselli or BHA defence levels :lol:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”