To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

OIEIAO - RMT and transfer queries

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
OIEIAO
FISOhead

OIEIAO - RMT and transfer queries

Post by OIEIAO »

I've been around here for a while but only an occasional RMT thread poster. My team link is up to date.

I've been pretty pleased with my season so far - had a good start and I've been in and out of the top 100k - a decent last week pushed me back up to 110k.

One of my weaknesses has generally been a lack of Liverpool attacking coverage with the funds spread elsewhere. I ditched Salah early and my brief periods with Mane have been at the wrong times. their 15-20 point hauls have been my biggest pain by far this season.

I was determined to wait and get Salah only when he was really in form. I feel this time has now come and indeed probably came last month.

I very much liked having Sterling and Sané for City attacking coverage - and lived their highs and lows for most the last 2 months. I reluctantly removed Sterling for the Pogba bandwagon for the time being.

I've also had Kane and Aubameyang since before my GW16 wildcard which left me with a bit of a lopsided midfield - Snodgrass and Brooks filling in Midfield spots 3 and 4.

I think the time has probably come for me to get Salah even at 13.3. I am up to second in my main cash league of a dozen teams and feel not having him is probably a risk I can do without.

I like having Kane, Aubameyang and City attacking coverage but it's hard to tick every box.
I have 2 free transfers and 3.4m of Sterling money in the bank. considering

Kane 12.4 - > Aguero 11.2
Sane 9.3 -> Salah 13.3 (leaving 0.6)

or

Kane 12.4 -> Arnautovic 6.9
Brooks 5.0 or Snodgrass 5.2 -> Salah 13.3 (leaving 0.9 or 1.1).

I quite like my defence but a bonus transfer to consider
Digne 5.0 or Kolasinac 4.9 to Alexander-Arnold 5.1

Any thoughts? other suggestions?

Thanks for reading.

Caf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Mostly 250k finishes!

Re: OIEIAO - RMT and transfer queries

Post by Caf »

Hi OIEIAO,

Well, I’m in a similar position to you: I also have Kane, Auba and Sané and am trying to work out a route to Salah.

It’s tough because (as Ruth said in his RMT thread) you become focused on routes to that single player and forget about balance of the squad as a whole. In your case, the squad issue does appear to be that you have to start Snodgrass or Brooks every week - personally I’d be inclined to keep Brooks and lose Snod, in line with the second of your two suggestions above.

Watch out on Arnie, though - his fitness isn’t yet assured. And, as you already have Rashford, there aren’t many others in that price band (Jimenez, or will his game time be threatened by the arrival of Abraham?)
As an off-the-wall idea, if you downgrade Kola to Bednarek, do you have the funds for Snodgrass -> Salah and Kane -> Firmino? I think you might be exactly on it but not certain!

The other option is to go all the way down with your striker to a Barnes/Kamara type. That will probably fund the Salah transfer, Kola -> TAA, and Brooks -> a Martial/Richarlison/Moura type.

Depends where you want to put your money, really, and if you want to strengthen the attack at the cost of the defence, or if you’re minded to keep a relatively high amount of cash in the back line. (I’d be quite happy having money in defence right now, but in terms of actually strengthening it, that might take transfers you don’t have as they’re at a premium right now.)

Do you have overall plans for team structure? Also I’d be interested to hear your views on why Kane is the one you favour getting rid of, not Auba.

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

Caf wrote: 06 Jan 2019, 09:42 Hi OIEIAO,

Well, I’m in a similar position to you: I also have Kane, Auba and Sané and am trying to work out a route to Salah.

It’s tough because (as Ruth said in his RMT thread) you become focused on routes to that single player and forget about balance of the squad as a whole. In your case, the squad issue does appear to be that you have to start Snodgrass or Brooks every week - personally I’d be inclined to keep Brooks and lose Snod, in line with the second of your two suggestions above.

Watch out on Arnie, though - his fitness isn’t yet assured. And, as you already have Rashford, there aren’t many others in that price band (Jimenez, or will his game time be threatened by the arrival of Abraham?)
As an off-the-wall idea, if you downgrade Kola to Bednarek, do you have the funds for Snodgrass -> Salah and Kane -> Firmino? I think you might be exactly on it but not certain!

The other option is to go all the way down with your striker to a Barnes/Kamara type. That will probably fund the Salah transfer, Kola -> TAA, and Brooks -> a Martial/Richarlison/Moura type.

Depends where you want to put your money, really, and if you want to strengthen the attack at the cost of the defence, or if you’re minded to keep a relatively high amount of cash in the back line. (I’d be quite happy having money in defence right now, but in terms of actually strengthening it, that might take transfers you don’t have as they’re at a premium right now.)

Do you have overall plans for team structure? Also I’d be interested to hear your views on why Kane is the one you favour getting rid of, not Auba.
Caf

Thanks for this. Yes, Snodgrass, Brooks or I suppose Wan-bissaka each week as it stands.

Thanks for the suggestion about bednarek who'd I'd overlooked - but I'd only have 8.8 for that third striker actually and Firmino is 9.2. He's not someone I'm keen on anyway tbh I think there is only one really good attacking option for Liverpool.

I have a bit of an irrational dislike of Richarlison and I think Everton are at the start of a slide which is also temping me not to stay on the Digne bandwagon for long.
And I think while the likes of rashford and hopefully arnie are going well and jiminez below that, I'd rather have the very cheapest of my front 8 in midfield at the moment (eg Brooks) rather than strikers like Kamara.

Why get rid of Kane? Well, I can't have them all, he has not been as explosive as in the past (famous last words). Spurs have not been as reliant on him - will be interesting to see how Son's break affects his play. A bit less of a fear factor knowing those behind me also don't have him for now...
I really like Aubameyang - he has done it consistently since he arrived a year ago.
The main reasons are simply that Kane frees up 1.2 more and it avoids the issue of trying to squeeze both of the 12m+ favourites in. and I think I have other captain options than him over the next 4 or 5 anyway between Aubameyang, Sane, Man U and now Salah as options.

I will be checking Arnautovic injury news but I suspect him and Salah will be my 2 targets with my 2 FTs.

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

To put my dilemma another way I could doSane to Salah by my money in the bank and, insread of selling Kane, do Alonso to TAA.

Compared to my choice above this would therefore be a choice between

Arnautovic, Sané and Alonso;
or
Kane, Snodgrass and TAA

Definitely think the top one is best right now, does anyone agree or disagree...

Caf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Mostly 250k finishes!

Post by Caf »

OIEIAO wrote: 09 Jan 2019, 23:10 To put my dilemma another way I could doSane to Salah by my money in the bank and, insread of selling Kane, do Alonso to TAA.

Compared to my choice above this would therefore be a choice between

Arnautovic, Sané and Alonso;
or
Kane, Snodgrass and TAA

Definitely think the top one is best right now, does anyone agree or disagree...
Fair enough and, yes, I do think the top trio looks better assuming Arnie doesn't depart to China any time soon.
I think we just have different attitudes towards transfers out. I very much apply inertia and search for a strong reason to transfer a player out, otherwise I won't do it. With Kane, I am struggling to find any such reason. ("He's expensive" is pretty much it, but I can overlook that as long as he's scoring points…)

Personally, I'm set on not getting Salah for another week and will likely do Auba -> Rash in GW23 to fund the move.
I have 2FTs too but will do something minor to generate funds this week: either Ings -> Kamara or the aforementioned Kola -> Bednarek. Essentially, deferring the big decision for a week, when I'm telling myself I will have more information but in reality will be just as unsure :lol:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”