To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Andrew's RMT

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
Andrewcm
Wideboy

Andrew's RMT

Post by Andrewcm »

Hi all

First go in the RMT thread...

Currently on a Wildcard, looking at setting up in a 442 or 433 from these:

Fabianski

Better fixtures than WOL and the fact that I'll likely have a WOL defender mean that he just edges it over Patricio for me.
Like Ryan, however, I assume he will disappear late Dec and Jan for the Asian Cup.

Hamer / Button

Hamer as the most likely 4.0 to ever play currently.
Button as the likely playing replacement when Ryan disappears.

Alonso

In lieu of a 4th mid at this price.

Robertson

Mendy

Doherty

Risky to play him each week?

Duffy or Digne are interesting...

AWB

Salah

Hazard

Rotating captaincy options for a spell: CAR PAL FUL wat FUL bur bou bha LEI NEW

KDB

Get him in now as I'm on a Wildcard, granted Spurs away isn't ideal but he can still do damage.

Mane an alternative and give KDB time? Seems KDB may rise in price this weekend though if there is any kind of suggestion he may start or if he does well.

Murphy

A Murphy - Ings rotation gives NEW LEI BHA/WAT ful WOL whu SOU/car

Risky.

Stephens or any very cheap playing midfielder

If he drops before deadline.

Is he nailed now? I'm afraid I missed why he sat out a few games.

The alternative here is no Mendy and look to get someone in like Richarlison.

Ings

Arnautovic

Fixtures, Mitrovic an alternative?

Vardy

Fixtures, Firmino an alternative?

Is Maddison a better LEI option?

0.0 remaining. I'm afraid I've been destroyed on value the last few weeks, should've pulled the trigger earlier perhaps.

Cheers for your advice!

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Re: Andrew's RMT

Post by No Way Jose »

I like it. Template defence but not a bad thing, not much wasted $ on the bench, all players active and contributing, strong midfield, strong defence, relatively strong attack, 2-3 good captaincy options from the 3 strongest teams, albeit KDB lacks explosiveness for some, a good 12th man.

Main critiques are lack of a premium striker (might not be a bad thing with the landscape this year, so kudos for being brave if that's the way you go), possible underutilisation of city and pool 4/6 spots isn't bad though!, possible underutilisation of strong cheap mids in fraser, maddison, rich etc but can't have everyone.

Pretty nitpicky really :lol:

Andrewcm
Wideboy

Post by Andrewcm »

Thanks my friend!

Your nitpicking is extremely welcome.

I guess the question is really [Mendy + A cheapo mid] in the above structure (with that Murphy/Ings rotation) versus [One of the 6.8/7 mids + a Bennet or a Schindler type], playing 343 (including Ings every week).

Fuzzy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: meh

Post by Fuzzy »

A couple of thoughts to throw into the mix.

Salah / Hazard as rotating captaincy options looks fine to me.

Sharing your reservations on Doherty as a set-and-forget, I see that you have a play-every-week 3/3/2 core (and I like each of them), which means rotating 2 from 5 through the other spots. Forgetting AWB for the next few, and wary of a couple of sticky ones coming for Wolves, how does that cover look to you? If KDB starts slow, which must be a possibility, you don’t want many dead bodies in your starting XI.

0.0 in the bank doesn’t allow much wriggle room if you find you have too many firing blanks, so maybe Maddison ahead of Vardy will allow you some budget for a little more bomb-proofing?

Andrewcm
Wideboy

Post by Andrewcm »

Thanks Fuzzy, great points.

So, as for the core, this would mean Alonso, Mendy, Robertson, Salah, KDB, Hazard, Vardy, Arnautovic starting each week (assuming fit and starting for their teams).

That just about works over the next 5, save for ars (Roberston & Salah) / tot (Alonso & Hazard and Mendy & KDB) / MAC (Arnautovic).

Perhaps wrongly I haven't highlighted MUN at home for Man City as a high risk match... Anyway, such is the nature of these beasts that I'd play them (and the particularly rough games seem to fall in different weeks). It's a shame that MAC kick-off my wildcard with tot away though.

Of the remaining players (save for AWB and Stephens), its perhaps more of a 2 from 3:

bha TOT ars HUD car (Doherty)
NEW mac WAT ful MUT (Ings)
lpl LEI BHA eve WOL (Murphy)

Giving:

bha NEW
LEI TOT
WAT BHA
HUD ful
WOL car

But in that fifth week I can put in AWB at home v Bur.

Stephens offers decent-ish fixtures throughout as fall back.

Whilst getting in Maddison is tempting, who then to replace Vardy with?

Fuzzy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: meh

Post by Fuzzy »

Now that you lay it out like that, it looks pretty respectable. You’ll play ypur 8 go-to’s every week, regardless of fixtures.

As I have stated elsewhere, I distrust Ings, but that’s my personal viewpoint, and plenty of others are bullish on him.

I think we all get a bit greedy when playing our WC’s, and try to find the “perfect” smash it every week combination, and the reality is that it just isn’t out there.

Stick with it, and good luck!

Andrewcm
Wideboy

Post by Andrewcm »

For what it’s worth, I don’t trust Ings either - although if anyone is going to do it for Saints, then it’s him. Trouble is, it’s likely no one is going to do it for Saints!

He is, however, seemingly, possibly, staying fit and either needs to play well enough to get a move next summer (to somewhere other than Saints) or somehow force himself back into the Reds set up (keeping himself in Klopps’s thinking post-Sturridge departure perhaps having proved his fitness). Long shots all round, but he should be motivated.

It’s more that I like what Murphy is doing and see that rotation with Ings as a possibility to allow KDB alongside Hazard and Salah.

Owing to a low TV, I need to make a concession somewhere - which is how I end up with 442 and Murphy.

I should say that I’m primarily motivated by a minileague, where my rival has the three premium defs but lacks Salah, and perhaps doesn’t have the means to secure KDB without a hit (or wildcard).

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

As others have said, it looks a good team although a little light up front but you can't have everything, unfortunately.

However l'd take friendly issue with your query of whether Maddison is a better Leicester option than Vardy. If your objective is to maximise your season long score, this is an irrelevant question. It's only relevant if you believe in "offensive" coverage which is an inappropriate concept for fantasy football, although there is a group on Fiso who disputes this point. I've no problem with "defensive" coverage. When considering Vardy the main trade off is with other strikers, and when considering Maddison the main trade off is with other midfielders. Unless your Leicester slots are a scarce resource, there's no point in asking your question.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Would you type the same over Mitro and Schurrle?

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Yes.

Andrewcm
Wideboy

Post by Andrewcm »

Striker wrote: 26 Oct 2018, 12:51 As others have said, it looks a good team although a little light up front but you can't have everything, unfortunately.

However l'd take friendly issue with your query of whether Maddison is a better Leicester option than Vardy. If your objective is to maximise your season long score, this is an irrelevant question. It's only relevant if you believe in "offensive" coverage which is an inappropriate concept for fantasy football, although there is a group on Fiso who disputes this point. I've no problem with "defensive" coverage. When considering Vardy the main trade off is with other strikers, and when considering Maddison the main trade off is with other midfielders. Unless your Leicester slots are a scarce resource, there's no point in asking your question.

Like it. Thanks for the challenge. Something to mull over at the bar.

Andrewcm
Wideboy

Post by Andrewcm »

Hi all

So, team as in the OP.

Now with 2 transfers so have to use 1...

Any thoughts?

Seems like Doherty is the only target, but if so, for who? And will I regret that next week?

Anything to these Robertson rumours?

Andrewcm
Wideboy

Post by Andrewcm »

New season...

Settled on:

Pope 4.0
TAA Robertson Digne Zinchenko 4.0
Salah Sterling X Perez X
King 4.5 X

Any thoughts on either:

442 with Dendoncker, Wilson and Martial.

OR

451 with an 8 mid (Bernardo or Sig) and a 7.5 mid (Martial or Fraser).

Latter obviously has an issue with no subs of note, plus an inherent lack of flexibility in bringing in striker options.

Thanks for your help!

Andrewcm
Wideboy

Post by Andrewcm »

Wildcard team:

[4.5/4.6/4.7] Button

TAA Soyuncu Lundstrom [4.3/4.4] [4.3/4.4]

Salah Mane Maddison Mount [4.4]

Vardy Abraham Jimenez

Would appreciate any thoughts on the best GK and on the the cheap defs and mid...

Candidates for the GK, hold Pope or gamble on Gaza?

Defs - Smith or Rico? Lascelles?

Any love for a SHU defensive double?

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

Going without City assets is a brave move. their fixtures are tougher than Pool but the forwards are going to score points so i would consider playing at least one of KdB, Sterling or even Aguero.
I have Pope and like him for the next few matches but would be looking at Henderson at 4.7 as good value.
Lascalles over Rico and Smith but that is just my opinion and has no scientific value at all.
And no to a Blades double up. Better value to be had by having a Pool double up than Salah and Mane.
I have not worked out the total cost or even your team value so I could be over spending, best if you post those figure if you want specific help on here.
Good luck for the season and if you want to put your team into the FISO Divisionals post a link or PM me and I will add you to the leagues for round 3

Andrewcm
Wideboy

Post by Andrewcm »

Thanks!

I’m having a particularly bad year and need to make up some ground.

The Liverpool double up in defence had occurred to me, but it left me questioning KDB’s deeper role (?) and the constant frustration of rotation.

Plus the two big hitters in mid can easily be switched to two MAC mids in gw 18, as long as I roll the transfer, and then I’m set on MAC’s run of games.

Due to mismanagement, I have 17.6 to spend on the active GK and the three bench players (2x defs and 1x mid).

When rejecting the SHU double up, are you not advocating Lundstrom and Henderson?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Oxford NZ wrote: 06 Nov 2019, 08:13 Going without City assets is a brave move. their fixtures are tougher than Pool but the forwards are going to score points so i would consider playing at least one of KdB, Sterling or even Aguero.
I have Pope and like him for the next few matches but would be looking at Henderson at 4.7 as good value.
Lascalles over Rico and Smith but that is just my opinion and has no scientific value at all.
And no to a Blades double up. Better value to be had by having a Pool double up than Salah and Mane.
I have not worked out the total cost or even your team value so I could be over spending, best if you post those figure if you want specific help on here.
Good luck for the season and if you want to put your team into the FISO Divisionals post a link or PM me and I will add you to the leagues for round 3
Yep to most of that, but a 3rd Fox is an idea and Kaspar is doing well.

Andrewcm
Wideboy

Post by Andrewcm »

Gazzaniga Button

TAA Soyuncu Lundstrom X X

Salah Mane Maddison Mount [4.4]

Vardy Abraham Jimenez

This is the current draft. I’ll post a more balanced line up below in case anyone is interested in the wildcard possibilities!

X and X presents several possibilities:

Rico/Smith (or at a push Janmaat/Balbuena)

Plus Lascelles/Saiss/Aarons/Guilbert/Targett

I really want to get a full playing bench.

This team doesn’t have Martial...

Andrewcm
Wideboy

Post by Andrewcm »

So the double LPL Def plus Martial team would be:

Patricio Button
TAA Robbo Soyuncu Lundstrom X
Mane Martial Maddison Mount X
Vardy Abraham Jimenez

10.1 to spend on the blanks

Richt
FISO Knight
FS Record: Averagely consistant.

Post by Richt »

Andrewcm wrote: 08 Nov 2019, 12:56 So the double LPL Def plus Martial team would be:

Patricio Button
TAA Robbo Soyuncu Lundstrom X
Mane Martial Maddison Mount X
Vardy Abraham Jimenez

10.1 to spend on the blanks
Blanks could be Rico and McGinn?

Andrewcm
Wideboy

Post by Andrewcm »

Could be, but then there is cash on the bench in McGinn

Andrewcm
Wideboy

Post by Andrewcm »

Looking for advice on improvements (since I have to use a transfer this gameweek) - thanks in advance!

Ryan Button
TAA Aurier Lundstrom Soyuncu Rico
Mane KDB Maddison Grealish Dendoncker
Vardy Rashford Ings

1.2m in the bank

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Your squad looks pretty well balanced.
Have you thought about creating space for DGW players in GW24? Will you be wanting a 3rd Liverpool player? How will you get them in?
Any Hammers?

Andrewcm
Wideboy

Post by Andrewcm »

Going to be tough to get Salah in without sacrificing KDB. Loathed to do it, but it will be the only way to him without excessive surgery.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

So then, Firminho? Robertson? Would one of those fit your squad, and budget?
And Fabianski will be a popular option too

Andrewcm
Wideboy

Post by Andrewcm »

Used the spare transfer last week to get Ryan in for Gazanigga, not convinced on West Ham “rallying” around Moyes. It could all go very wrong there now.

At the moment, Grealish is probably the target. I’m contemplating putting in Cantwell.

Semi-anecdotally, Grealish seems to perform better at home. With 3 away games and MAC at home in his next 5, plus the nagging feeling that the wheels have come off at Villa (post-McGinn injury?), I’m tempted to remove him.

Can then play a 433 next week, with TAA plus 3 defenders with favourable fixtures, and look at Calvert Lewin in for Ings.

Andrewcm
Wideboy

Post by Andrewcm »

Hi all

Currently on:

Ryan
Alexander-Arnold / Soyuncu / Rico / Stephens / Lundstrom
Salah/ De Bruyne / Maddison / Grealish / Dendoncker
Vardy / Ings / Calvert-Lewin

Plan was Calvert-Lewin to Jimenez and De Bruyne to Mane next week (2 free transfers). Then deal with the Lundstrom situation in Gameweek 28.

However, is Calvert-Lewin worth holding?
Last edited by Andrewcm on 21 Feb 2020, 01:39, edited 1 time in total.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

He scored a tap in and missed a sitter in a game where they were lucky to win. Richarlison's goal was against the run of play, it was a fantastic goal and well deserved but my point is Everton have issues and until they start performing better I would only pick Richarlison. Their fixtures are not so great for the next few weeks .
Good luck but I would rather Jimenez than DLC for the next run of games.

Andrewcm
Wideboy

Post by Andrewcm »

Cheers for your response, its much appreciated mate.

Still feel dropping DCL is preferable to dropping Vardy?

Feel uncomfortable dropping KDB now, in spite of the rotation risks. The (inevitable) fact that he is awesome, coupled with the possible DW, and even Son's injury (perhaps limiting the premium mid options), has me considering holding.

Yet, I still want Mane...

I suppose it comes down to:

DCL Jimenez Ings - Mane Salah KDB Grealish
Vardy Jimenez Ings - Salah Mane Maddison Grealish
Vardy Jimenez Ings - Salah KDB Maddison Grealish (+1 transfer rolled)

Andrewcm
Wideboy

Post by Andrewcm »

What are eveyone’s thoughts on GW31 planning (without a free hit)?

Currently on:

Ryan / Button
Alexander-Arnold / Boly / Soyuncu / Stephens / Rico
Salah / Mane / Maddison / Grealish / Dendoncker
Vardy / Jimenez / Ings

0.7 in the bank, plus an extra transfer.

So, that’s (hopefully) 5 regular starters, plus Dendoncker and Rico.

Thinking of using the upcoming 3 transfers to:

- get 8 starters plus Dendoncker and Rico.
- or, accepting that Dendoncker isn’t the best use of the Wolves third slot, moving him out and accept 1 less starter.

Would seem that Lpl and Wol x3, plus Burnley GK/Def are the key target assets?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”