To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Raoul's RMT

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Re: Raoul's RMT

Post by raoul »

Wonder if Jesus starts.

If not:

Foden S1.
Willian to Dilva.
Jesus to Auba.

If Foden and Jesus both benched by Pep the above should cover the cost of the hit easily.

Willian was a one week punt. I'll happily replace him but have no problem keeping him.

It's getting the MC pieces right...

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)
FS Record: 2011/12 - 212. 2019/20 - 222.
Altogether 6 top 10Ks. 8 top 20Ks. 9 top 50Ks.

Post by baganboy »

raoul wrote: 25 Jul 2020, 09:32
baganboy wrote: 25 Jul 2020, 04:05 Gratuitous advice: You are having a wonderful season. Do not squander it on the last gameweek by trying to be over-aggressive.
Thanks bb. I suppose I should throw the advice right back at ya:)

Good luck this week :)
100%. I will be conservative. 10 standard picks + 1 punt for me.
Good luck to you too!

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Took a punt on lineups and I might have screwed up.

Assumed I had only 2 playing defenders with a TAA benching so did Holgate to Bardsley.

But Robinson of SU starts so in fact I was covered...

Reversing that but ... I have Ings so I don't want a SU CS.

Also did Foden to DSilva. And Foden plays...

Hey ho.

To max out the fun I am giving my TC to ......

Silva.

Gulp.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

Pope

Pieters, Bardsley, Doherty (TAA, Robinson)
DSilva (TC), KdB, Fernandes, Martial (Willian)
Ings, Rashford, Jesus

Been an eventful season. DSilva deserves a goal and will be given pens and free kicks hopefully.

Anyway, what's done is done. Time to watch the action.

Good luck all.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

So, in the final 5 mins before final deadline my triple captaincy flipped between Dilva and KdB many times.

If I had flipped once more I would have finished 480th overall...

As it is, 2.4k OR and won works league by well over 100 pts.

And 138th in Fanteam and some money!

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

New season. And very short of time.

Currently here.

Ryan
TAA, VVD, Robbo, Doherty, Dunk
Auba, Son, Havertz
Werner, Mitrovic

McGinn first sub as I want him past GW1.

KdB and Bruno to come in asap but atm have not quite worked out how unless I ditch McGinn for a 4.5 for now.

However I analyse things, including an incremental approach after losing first with 15 base price, 5 atb looks best.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

OK, so here's where I ended up:

McCarthy
TAA, VVD, Robertson, Doherty
Auba, Son, Havertz, Ceballos
Werner, Mitrovic
(KWP is 1st Sub)

Enough in the bank to allow KdB and Fernandes to come in, assuming that remains the plan...

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

So ... after going silent for last year's FPL shambles, time for Euro 2020 and another shot at not embarrassing myself.

Donarumma, Schmeichel
Bonucci, Kjaer, Denayer, Wijndahl, Hintaregger
Insigne, F Torres, Kimmich, Tielemans, Nego
Lukaku, Depay, Ronaldo

Hoping to get through 2 matchdays without using chips.

Spain a concern so Mount might come in for Torres.

Limitless for MD3.

Hoping to have a wildcard available for QF so I can focus round of 16 wildcard purely on those fixtures.

All opinions welcomed!

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

raoul wrote: 10 Jun 2021, 21:58 So ... after going silent for last year's FPL shambles, time for Euro 2020 and another shot at not embarrassing myself.

Donarumma, Schmeichel
Bonucci, Kjaer, Denayer, Wijndahl, Hintaregger
Insigne, F Torres, Kimmich, Tielemans, Nego
Lukaku, Depay, Ronaldo

Hoping to get through 2 matchdays without using chips.

Spain a concern so Mount might come in for Torres.

Limitless for MD3.

Hoping to have a wildcard available for QF so I can focus round of 16 wildcard purely on those fixtures.

All opinions welcomed!
probably don't need kasper and use the funds to upgrade Tielemans not sure he that he play that offensively so maybe you could stick with belgium and get carrasco

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

Thanks fred.

My thinking is Denmark as cover if Italy don't CS. And with KdB out I was thinking Tielemans could get more forward and have assist and perhaps set pieces?

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

Rethink. Want Cancelo. And decided Spain too risky if not yet training together so:

F Torres to Mount
Wijndahl to Boilesen
Hinteregger to Cancelo

I lose my day 4 captain option but surely one of my four is going to get double figures...

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

raoul wrote: 11 Jun 2021, 08:21 Thanks fred.

My thinking is Denmark as cover if Italy don't CS. And with KdB out I was thinking Tielemans could get more forward and have assist and perhaps set pieces?
that why i mention carrasco with KDB out Carrasco plays in the front 3

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

So far, so ... pants.

Did late squad changes and started with:

Donarumma Bachmann
Bonucci, Kjaer, Boilesen, Denayer, Cancelo
Berardi, Carrasco, Eriksen, Kimmich, Nego
Lukaku, Depay, Ronaldo

Three defenders didn't / won't play. It's captain CR7 plus I need Nego to do something.

Hoping to avoid a chip in MD2 but with 2 players out and two others not being picked...

fred1266
Dumbledore

Post by fred1266 »

you didn't stick with Lukaku captain

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

I went Eriksen captain over Lukaku.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

And so ... another new season is coming. After last season's mess, time to try to replicate the season before and a top 2.5k finish.

How hard can it be?

Here's the thinking so far for a GW1 BB:

Sanchez, Darlow
TAA, Robertson, Chilwell, Digne, Cresswell
Salah (c), Soucek, Buendia, Barnes, Bissouma
Antonio, Wilson, DCL

I will first look at a WC after GW3, given the transfer window will then close and we should have reasonable info.

I have tried to avoid players who are at risk of missing GW1 (Chilwell perhaps a risk, DCL hopefully safe given I doubt Richarlison can play) and obviously have chased the good fixtures where possible.

Mo MU, MC feels dangerous but I suspect Cancelo in for Chilwell for GW2 is the transfer.

My longer term squad will likely look quite different in personnel, and while the heavy defence and mid-range midfield will probably survive I imagine some bench fodder in the front line will be needed. Probably to help fund Bruno joining the party.

Buendia and Barnes could easily become others in the same price bracket, but as my only AV and LEI players perhaps they have to stay for the start of the season at least.

Thoughts please!

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Is Soucek back?

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

blahblah wrote: 06 Aug 2021, 12:19 Is Soucek back?
dunno - but given the potential early WC I am already thinking of trying someone a little less "steady", with a move to Soucek potentially later.

Traore at AV if he looks like a starter? Would love Harrison but Leeds fixtures probably suggest not yet.

If Willock has made it to Newcastle...

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

It depends how long you want to hold players ... I'm BB'ing in GW1, but looking to transfer out of 2 playing GK's etc

There's no point BB'ing with known non-starters, is there?

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

blahblah wrote: 06 Aug 2021, 13:22 It depends how long you want to hold players ... I'm BB'ing in GW1, but looking to transfer out of 2 playing GK's etc

well, quite.

The problem is finding how "known"...

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

raoul wrote: 06 Aug 2021, 13:32
blahblah wrote: 06 Aug 2021, 13:22 It depends how long you want to hold players ... I'm BB'ing in GW1, but looking to transfer out of 2 playing GK's etc

well, quite.

Well isolating from COVID and not not back from Olympics/Euros is a useful guide to those not starting?

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

blahblah wrote: 06 Aug 2021, 13:38
raoul wrote: 06 Aug 2021, 13:32

well, quite.

Well isolating from COVID and not not back from Olympics/Euros is a useful guide to those not starting?
agreed. But do we have a known list of those guys?

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

Moise Kean is back at Everton, he played and scored in one of their friendlies so he could start GW1 if DCL isn't up to speed by then.

fred1266
Dumbledore

Post by fred1266 »

why not about downgrading Robertson to someone like Tierney and upgrade Biss unless u comfortable with a 3 points

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

So I said I was with the following:

Sanchez, Darlow
TAA, Robertson, Chilwell, Digne, Cresswell
Salah (c), Soucek, Buendia, Barnes, Bissouma
Antonio, Wilson, DCL

Structure-wise I remain similar, but personnel wise changes are required.

At present I am with this BB1 (with a likely WC in GW4):

Sanchez, 4.5 (tbd, but Raya perhaps given it is just GW1)
TAA, Tsimikas, Cresswell, Amartey, Veltman
Salah (c), Greenwood, Barnes, Benrahma, Mahrez
Ings, Wilson, Antonio

My concern is Mahrez. He should play, but might not ... and the fixture is far from perfect.

I am very tempted by Vardy to start the season, replacing Wilson or Antonio (the former I suspect), and moving from Mahrez to a more nailed 6m starter (although my favourite options of Harrison, Soucek, Willock all have either a poor fixture or a question mark over whether they are ready to play yet). Buendia interests me but would need Barnes to become Tielemans.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

BB for GW1:

Sanchez, Raya
TAA, Tsimikas, Cresswell, Targett, Amartey
Salah (c), Greenwood, Tielemans, Buendia, Benrahma
Vardy (vc), Ings, Antonio

Buendia has tweeted that he is ready, apparently. So I am going to go for it (subject to pressers of course).

Risk Amartey loses out to Vestergaard, but given no chance of training with the team before the match, surely common sense is he starts the following week? And anyway, transfer remains not done, and if not finished by noon today he cannot play I think.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I like it, which is no good thing 🤣😂🤣

But you need to bench one of the front 8. Why not downgrade to a 4.5, and sort out the last 2 defenders?

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

blahblah wrote: 13 Aug 2021, 09:59 I like it, which is no good thing 🤣😂🤣

But you need to bench one of the front 8. Why not downgrade to a 4.5, and sort out the last 2 defenders?
benching nobody. It's a BB.

I won't have a 5 strong starting defence in GW2, but 5atb is my direction of travel, possibly through a GW4 WC.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

raoul wrote: 13 Aug 2021, 10:19

I won't have a 5 strong starting defence in GW2, but 5atb is my direction of travel, possibly through a GW4 WC.
I don't have my Spreadsheet to hand, so I don't know who/where your lot are playing, but I'm BBing in 2 or 3 when I have more at home.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

blahblah wrote: 13 Aug 2021, 10:22
raoul wrote: 13 Aug 2021, 10:19

I don't have my Spreadsheet to hand, so I don't know who/where your lot are playing, but I'm BBing in 2 or 3 when I have more at home.
Not all are at home, but plenty of good fixtures. And BB in GW1 allows me to gradually move out of a strong bench if I want to, once I see who is playing and who is not.

If I can do that, and avoid a WC early then great - but my desire to load up the defence and get rid of money in attack might necessitate the WC. Maybe I can find a pathway to get the lineup I want by GW7, but maybe that is too slow.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”