To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Raoul's RMT

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Re: Raoul's RMT

Post by raoul »

why did I not Free Hit this week?

I suggested it at some point and then it totally disappeared from my radar.

Arsenal, Chelsea fixtures plus ability to lower the Liv and MC load for a week, and looking ahead no week looks that much better.

I had better find a decent free hit week and plan ahead to make up for this error. Down to 2k again.

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

GW33 Review

65pts, just inside top 1m for the week, and OR now 1,934.

Almost went for Mahrez instead of Martial, and almost went FH with a Salah captaincy, so I have to be happy.

GW34 and beyond

Pope/Martin
TAA/VVD/Doherty/Holgate/J Robinson
KdB/Martial/Fernandes/Mount/Saka
Jesus/Rashford/Jimenez

I am thinking the weak points are:

- Doherty (Wolves running out of steam)
- Mount (playing a bit deep)
- Jesus (rubbish)
- Jimenez (baby coming)
- Rashford (Greenwood is much better value)

With only 1 FT but 1.6m itb, what would you do?

FH34 does not appeal at present. Suppose I could TC Harry v Bournemouth...

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

Right, so 5 GW and 4 TF left (1 week will be FH, probably GW36).

After much analysis, I am here:

GW34

With Holgate and Robinson I am at risk of no defensive cover. TAA, VVD and Doherty should all play (?) but rotation risk exists.

So Holgate to Gomez is on the cards. Could go Aurier instead, esp with Bournemouth coming, but as per other debates surely Liverpool CS a better chance. Yet Aurier has assist potential. Hmmm.

Mendy instead? But rotation risk...

Sheff Utd worth a defensive recall?

Feels boring replacing a bench place at this stage, but with Jimenez also at risk of a no show...

If I could afford Jimenez to Kane I suspect I would, but I can't and to be frank Spurs are not looking prolific.

GW35

Possibly time for Jimenez to depart, perhaps for Ings. Auba tempting.

I am back outside the top 2k and I am not happy.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

If you want a bench fodder, you cant go wrong with charlie Taylor at 4.3 million.
He plays every game and gets plenty of clean sheets as you will know already having Pope 😁

Im 3 at the back Liverpool but after next 2 games they have 2 tough ones could concede in when bring on the youngsters for last 20 mins

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

FH35 in play.

Fabianski
TAA, Robbo, Garcia
Salah. Martial, Fernandes, Sterling, Foden
Vardy, Greenwood
(Martinez, PvA, Cresswell, Connolly)

I think Salah plays. Risk he won't. But I reckon he is safe.

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

i'm glad i'm not the only one FHing in GW35

I think there are better combos than Fabianski + TAA. West Ham are still West Ham, don't trust their CS potential. TAA didn't have any rest since the restart and I'm worried that Klopp will start Neco Williams again, this time as RB.

Garcia - I guess he's fairly low risk as long as your 1st sub is not just a bench fodder. He'll either play full 90 or 0. I think I'll stay clear from City defenders and just get Ederson.

Rest of my team is similar - Salah, Martial, Bruno, Sterling, Vardy, Greenwood. Currently my 7th attacking player is Jesus, not Foden. I know it's mad trying to outsmart Pep but I noticed a pattern when it comes to Foden's appearences:

GW29: started
GW30+: benched, came on
GW30+: started
GW31+: didn't play
GW32+: started
GW33+: benched, came on
GW34+: started
GW35+: if there's a pattern then he won't play :P

I'm not confident when it comes to Jesus, he started 3 games in a row now which is pretty mad when it comes to Pep and his front three... maybe Bilva is a good shout for this gameweek?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

shmiro wrote: 02 Jul 2020, 08:37
raoul wrote:Although Sterling...
My thoughts exactly :)

I am contemplating DCL, Son => Greenwood, Sterling.
I’m just worried about the minutes the latter 2 will get

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wouldn't worry about that.....

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

Not sure how but I put wrong squad up earlier.

Schmeichel
TAA, Robertson, Mendy
Salah, Sterling, Fernandes, Martial, Foden
Vardy, Greenwood

Justin, Cresswell and Connolly as subs.

Currently I am concerned about rotation as several of those above might all get a rest. Tarkens I take your point!

Robertson should be safe but TAA and Salah both risks. I still prefer Salah over Mane despite the latter being a safer starter. But TAA could be ... who?

Foden becomes Pulisic or Willian, downgrade TAA ?

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

TAA could be VVD but then you might not have enough to upgrade Foden to Pulisic or Willian. Did you consider Digne? I know Everton are not really one of those team you can trust but they're playing pretty teethless Wolves and Digne is on some set pieces...

those are my current 2 options

option 1:

option 2:

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

tarkens wrote: 10 Jul 2020, 13:58 TAA could be VVD but then you might not have enough to upgrade Foden to Pulisic or Willian. Did you consider Digne? I know Everton are not really one of those team you can trust but they're playing pretty teethless Wolves and Digne is on some set pieces...

those are my current 2 options

option 1:

option 2:
have to say one thing - option 2 is Jeez Luiz, which in itself makes it a fabulous choice :)

Like Digne as an option but concerned Everton are not creating much up front.

Main problem is that there are about 10 Mids that I really want!

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Yep to the Mids...

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

blahblah wrote: 10 Jul 2020, 15:51 Yep to the Mids...
I'm sort of hedging my bets by taking slightly different routes with my FPL and Fanteam squads. Both are doing great but last week Fanteam was my clear winner and are into top 100. The question is which squad gets Vardy, or whether he is worth putting in both :?

And it will mean removing Rashford. Feels dangerous.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

raoul wrote: 10 Jul 2020, 16:24
blahblah wrote: 10 Jul 2020, 15:51 Yep to the Mids...
I'm sort of hedging my bets by taking slightly different routes with my FPL and Fanteam squads. Both are doing great but last week Fanteam was my clear winner and are into top 100. The question is which squad gets Vardy, or whether he is worth putting in both :?

And it will mean removing Rashford. Feels dangerous.
Vardy and Greenwood over Rashford for me.

I'm rolling so I can move cash from Fwds to Mids with Kane to Ings if he doesn't fire this GW.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

OR 2,582.

I have 3FT left and have

Pope
TAA, VVD, Doherty
KdB, Foden, Fernandes, Martial
Jimenez, Rashford, Jesus

Bench Saka, Holgate, J Robinson

I note the following:

- MC will rest a few before Cup
- Jimenez wife due any minute
- Ings fixtures
- Chelsea have Norwich but also have Cup
- as do MU

So I am thinking

Jimenez to Ings
Saka to Willian

For a hit. My first of season.

Thoughts?

Could go Abraham and hold on Ings for now but ...

Fuzzy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: meh

Post by Fuzzy »

I have done the Jimenez -> Ings move, so I have made that bed for myself already. I’m a little concerned about the short turnaround between games for him but the fixtures are ripe for plunder.
Abraham has been really poor since the restart and I wouldn’t go there.
I’m not convinced about the need for the Saka transfer - who would go to first on your bench if you bring Willian in as well as Ings? I get the Man City rotation concern but -4 for bench cover at this stage of the season doesn’t feel right to me. (And would you play Willian in GW37?)
If it was me, I wouldn’t be taking the hit.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

is KdB injured? Even if it slight, this would make a perfect game to rest him.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

Oh cunning.

Used a hit yesterday to bring in Willian. Then forgot to make sure he played and he's in my S1 slot.

Oops.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Lucky you!

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

From4corners wrote: 15 Jul 2020, 18:51 Lucky you!
Oh it gets better. I also didn't save my change in captain so banded KdB.

Just as well he didn't appear.

Maybe the FPL gods are smiling on me and VC Bruno will deliver...

Or he will get rested due to injury.

Interesting evening awaits.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

OR 2278.

I have 1FT and the TC chip.

Pope
TAA, VVD, Doherty
KdB, Foden, Fernandes, Martial
Jesus, Rashford, Ings

(Willian, Holgate, J Robinson, Martin)

Am thinking to upgrade Holgate just in case, but it feels like a waste at this late stage. No idea what Pep will do but I should get 7 forwards out?

Not convinced by Liverpool's desire at present and wondering if I should downgrade VVD or TAA, to a Burnley defender, allowing me to get Auba in for week 38.

Thoughts?

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

I downgraded VVD to Pieters. Whoop.

Up to 1.4k OR.

Late run at a top 1000 finish?

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

GW38

OR 1,852

Pope
TAA/Doherty/Pieters
KdB/Foden/Fernandes/Martial
Jesus/Rashford/Ings

Willian 1st sub.

I have 2.5m itb.

Foden :arrow: Dilva.

Tempted to get Auba in and another Burnley defender. But a -8 ... doubt it is worth it.

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)
FS Record: 2011/12 - 212. 2019/20 - 222.
Altogether 6 top 10Ks. 8 top 20Ks. 9 top 50Ks.

Post by baganboy »

The -8 on GW38 is never worth it. It might work out for some freakish reason, though.

Jesus will get perhaps 6 points, conservative estimate? Doherty between 2 to 6 points, which is say 4 at an average, conservatively? That's 10 points, added up, plus 8 points for the hit.
Now your Burnley defender gets you 6 points at maximum, hopeful estimate.
You are expecting Auba to have a stormer i.e. 12 points, just to barely break even.

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)
FS Record: 2011/12 - 212. 2019/20 - 222.
Altogether 6 top 10Ks. 8 top 20Ks. 9 top 50Ks.

Post by baganboy »

Gratuitous advice: You are having a wonderful season. Do not squander it on the last gameweek by trying to be over-aggressive.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

I would defo go Foden to Silva if could afford it.

As said above id not take any hits,

Good luck in last GW 👍🏻

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

baganboy wrote: 25 Jul 2020, 04:05 Gratuitous advice: You are having a wonderful season. Do not squander it on the last gameweek by trying to be over-aggressive.
Thanks bb. I suppose I should throw the advice right back at ya:)

Good luck this week :)

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

Wonder when we'll get the MC lineup.

I fear FPL site might crash at 2.55pm...

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

Stevieste wrote: 25 Jul 2020, 06:51 I would defo go Foden to Silva if could afford it.

As said above id not take any hits,

Good luck in last GW 👍🏻
Cheers stevie.

Although I think the norm is to do the opposite of what you recommend so...

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Foden to Silva looks like the percentage move. If you want to be a bit more aggressive you could go for Pulisic but you already have Willian and are benching him which suggests that you are not overly confident in Chelsea. Silva probably outscores him anyway. The other option would be to go Rashford to Kane to reduce your reliance on Man Utd (and bench Foden for Willian). I wouldn't be taking a hit and certainly not a -8.

cymbalrush84
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in Pendulum Swingers Super League 2006/7

Post by cymbalrush84 »

Never a -8.

Ings over Willian can be frowned upon, but given how stubborn Wolves can be, it's quite clever, so that's what I've opted for too.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”