To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Raoul's RMT

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Re: Raoul's RMT

Post by SirMattBugsby »

raoul wrote: 13 Nov 2019, 10:19
SirMattBugsby wrote: 12 Nov 2019, 15:52 How did our famed premium rotation go Raoul? I'm afraid I lost track at some point..

You seem to have 8 playing attackers. Will you start Pukki over Mount (mci)?
the rotation went spectacularly nowhere. Gave it up fairly quickly. Was going to bring salah in now for Sterling but the injury concern made me go for Mane instead.

My plan would have left the Salah/Sterling rotation spot in the team with 65pts. Keeping either Salah or Sterling would have scored more than this, and saved transfers.

The interesting tweak is that Salah has scored 53 pts at home and only 19 away including a home average of 10 pts per game against fellow big 6 clubs. He seems to be home boy, rather than bottom 12 boy this season. So far at least. Obviously switching him out after every home game is not viable, so yes my theory has failed.

Miserably.
Don't think it failed: we just didn't give it a proper chance. And why would we? The cheap Chelsea assets ensured we could get both and be done with it.

Would you instead consider a different scenario of Salah/Sterling rotation: that of the second premium slot (if Mane is the ever-present first)? Or would you rather spread the Sterling funds, or maybe stick with him? I can't make up my mind tbh and will probably stick with Raz for atleast GW 13. After that Salah (and some other decent attacking options) have 3 home fixtures in 4.

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Stu255 wrote: 13 Nov 2019, 12:14
raoul wrote: 17 Oct 2019, 13:28 413k overall.

Salah + Greenwood became Maddison + Vardy.

I now have 8 playing forwards which is perhaps not ideal, and I am not keen on Pukki on the bench, but who else sits this week?

I also need to work out whether to get rid of one of my front 8 or leave things be.

Ederson (Button)
VVD, Digne, Soyuncu, (Lundstram, Lowton)
Sterling, KdB, Mount, McGinn, Maddison
Abraham, Vardy (Pukki)
Very similar to my team except I have TAA, Robertson and Pereira instead of having money stranded in McGinn and Pukki.

What is your TV? I’m about 103.4 with 0.4itb.
not sure why you quote my post from a month ago as squad has changed a bit now. Team value around 104m I think.

I also have TAA and Robertson now as well as Mane in for Sterling.

Agree I do not need 8 playing forwards and Pukki is gone soon. Just did not want to take a second hit this week when in all likelihood he will become base price and not play - may as well keep him as a playing sub for now. He may lose more value but most of that ship has sailed I think.

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

It seems that not posting on this thread has worked wonders, so I am probably engaging my inner Stevieste at this point and jinxing my progress.

When I last posted we were in between GW12 and 13 and I was around 145k in the standings. Not bad, but hardly stellar.

Current - 5,091st :D :shock:

I am also top of our work league of 40 managers with a 40 pt cushion (4 weeks ago I was trailing by 52), so as you can see a massive last few weeks, with GW25 and 26 being my best 2 weeks of the season so far. GW24 was my 5th best week so far, and an 80pt average for 3 weeks is very nice.

Lessons learned?

1. Enjoy the luck. I went Salah over Mane largely because the guy leading our work league has Mane. I felt it was a coin flip otherwise. I also captained Kev not Salah when Mo had Norwich away. Another one that was a bit 50-50.

2. Hold players, be patient.

3. Hold chips (all 4 in hand). I captained Mo when others tripled so did not lose out much.

4. I have trusted instincts and eye test a lot, and it has worked pretty well …

The Current Mob:

Henderson / Ryan
TAA, Robertson, Soyuncu, O'Connell, Cathcart
Salah, KdB, Martial, Traore, Dendoncker
Vardy, Ings, DCL

Martial is debuting this week as a replacement for Son.

I came close to using my FT to get Jimenez in but struggled to let Vardy or DCL go. Perhaps I should have been braver, but having 2 FT next week is no bad thing, especially with 3m itb.

Cathcart and Dendoncker could both upgrade in case I want to BB before the WC, but for now I feel fairly relaxed about my position.

Let's hope things continue in their current vein.

As always, I am grateful for any thoughts, especially with the potentially nasty GW31 on the horizon...

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

5,485th, an acceptable small red arrow all things considered.

I think I will hang on to 2FT for now, and see whether the FA Cup runneth over...

GW28 - 1FT and 3m itb

Henderson / Ryan
TAA, Robertson, Soyuncu, O'Connell, Cathcart
Salah, KdB, Martial, Traore, Dendoncker
Vardy, Ings, DCL

Cathcart to …

- Pereira/Evans (good fixture, decent fixture run … but no GW31 at present)
- Boly (less pleasant fixture, but decent run and a GW31 fixture)
- Taylor (good cover fixture this week, can bench for a while afterwards, plays GW31)

Feels like a tough choice.

Anyone got any insights?

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

Getting nervous about this week.

With 3 of mine having the week off, I only have 12 to rely on … and that includes Martial, Traore, Dendoncker and Cathcart, all of whom could conceivably not play.

I don't particularly like Martial's fixtures anyway, so I could:

Martial + Cathcart :arrow: Perez + Doherty?

I am thinking that Doherty and Traore has some insurance about it...

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

I’m playing Martial anyway with new boy Saiss first on the bench. Whilst Man Us fixture isn’t great, Wolves’ is less appealing

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 28 Feb 2020, 10:31 I’m playing Martial anyway with new boy Saiss first on the bench. Whilst Man Us fixture isn’t great, Wolves’ is less appealing
Wolves had a run of clean sheets in the prem, against a team that has no striker and not in the best of form.

Martial be out i reckon, so you be on Saiss anyway.

Im playing boly and Traore and fancy another clean sheet (whether traore starts is something new all together haha)

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

Well, Perez and Doherty will join the fold at around 5.45pm, my last opportunity to make a change today. Unless they don't :?

Am really undecided, but I like the look of:

Ryan
TAA/Robertson/Soyuncu/Doherty
Salah/Perez/Traore
Vardy/DCL/Ings

Am still tempted to leave all the potential problems alone and do:

Robertson + Martial :arrow: Evans + Mane

It means I play:

Ryan
TAA/Evans/Soyuncu/
Salah/Mane/Dendoncker/Traore
Vardy/DCL/Ings

but have pretty much zero bench cover.

Having Salah + Mane feels important at the moment...

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

or how about Cathcart to PvA, and just the one transfer used.

I can play 433 and either Martial or Traore will play for me (or Dendoncker if need be).

Maybe holding 2FT next week would be wise?

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

GW28 REVIEW

So in the end I burned 2FT and did:

Martial :arrow: Maddison
Cathcart :arrow: PvA

30pts, and a small red arrow to 6,773rd.

Martial playing was a blow, as I could really do with the other FT this week but there you go...

GW29

I seriously do not know what to do. The DGW ... I feel I ought to treat it as a distraction and ignore it completely, especially as the only player I can see making sense to have is Auba, and that means removing one of my forwards, all of whom have decent fixtures, form, or both.

But the main reason to ignore it would be to focus transfers on bringing in Wolves players who have excellent fixtures and a GW31, in the hope of avoiding using the FH.

Anyway, possibilities seem to be:

1. Have a crack at the DGW and do Vardy :arrow: Auba, who would then become captain. Using a transfer for this pretty much forces a FH in GW31, meaning no pressure to spend transfers or take hits for that purpose.

It would also mean going into GW29 without Jimenez or Jota, which feels a little crazy, so I might have to reluctantly do Ings :arrow: Jota as well and take a hit.

2. Ignore the DGW completely, and get Jota in for free, keeping open the option of not using the FH in GW31, meaning I can build in GW31 players without worrying about how to remove them as the FH and WC will cover GW34 and 37 doublers.

3. WC now, and aim for about 7 GW31 starters who have lasting value, perhaps 4-5 for this DGW, and other starters to fill it out and prepare for a BB with lots of doublers. Big risk this one, as it aims for big short term gains and some lucky bumps along the way, given the several week gap until the doubles occur.

Current squad is certainly not bad, so I could hold the WC for one more week and just bring in Auba, but I am going to find GW31 difficult without a FH or WC.

Need to decide by about 4pm as will have no chance to do transfers for this week after that.

Gulp.

PLAY GW31, 8pt HITS

Pope
PvA/TAA/Robertson
Bergwijn/Salah/Traore
Jimenez/Jota

6 non players (Henderson, Soyuncu, O'Connell, KdB, Saka, Vardy)

This week I would do Dendoncker :arrow: Saka for the DGW, and perhaps Ings :arrow: Jota and DCL :arrow: Jimenez to get best fixtures. Bergwijn and Pope can wait for GW31.

Still working on a WC possibility, but Traore and Vardy both seeming to be fit now makes the WC risk seem less beneficial.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

a potential WC, for right now:

Pope/Henderson
Taylor/TAA/Mendy or Walker/O'Connell/Otamendi
Salah/Mane/Traore/Perez/Saka
Auba/Jimenez/Jota

It has 4 for this DGW.
It has 8 for GW31, with scope to add 2 more with FT if it makes sense.

FH in GW34 (if needed) to hoover up doubles, then BB in GW37 with transfers in GW32, 33, 35, 36, 37 to bring in as many decent doublers as possible.

Thoughts anyone?

Total insanity to use the WC chip now?

Any player tweaks, especially with this DGW in mind? I do not need the 2nd GW till GW31 so can have around an extra 1m itb to upgrade...

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

I guess it depends on how many Blankers you will have in next FAC Cup Round?

I am going to have a tinker with my lot for what I want for the rest of the season, then see what it looks like for the BGW. Then try and work out what sort of number justifies FH'ing, or whether a FH in the best DGW is better.....

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

blahblah wrote: 06 Mar 2020, 16:29 I guess it depends on how many Blankers you will have in next FAC Cup Round?

I am going to have a tinker with my lot for what I want for the rest of the season, then see what it looks like for the BGW. Then try and work out what sort of number justifies FH'ing, or whether a FH in the best DGW is better.....
you mean GW34?

A lot depends on SU. If they get through they blank and blank Wolves as well. But then the game might get played midweek 34 anyway.

Hard to tell, but I would have a FH for 34 if I need it, so...

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Wildcarding now and bench boosting in 37 is not the best play. It demands that a lot falls your way to have a full bench and optimise between now and then - it’s the annual opportunity cost discussion

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Ah the olde no such thing as a free lunch....

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

ok, so I didn't do the WC thing. Which is a relief, given the DGW is looking to be a non-event.

So now I can focus on the next decision, namely whether to FH31 or ride it out with around 8-9 players and save the FH for GW34.

If of course we ever get a GW34...

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

If you can get 9 and most are Liverpool or Wolves then you’d be Free Hitting to save, essentially, an 8 point hit. It’s worth more than that

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Hits in BGW's cost less as there are 0 points from those being replaced, rather than 2 so a Hit is actually 6 if replacing a Starter.

The problem is guessing Lpool who could gave title in the bag and working out if bring in or out if CL has an impact.

Is it between Wolves' EL matches?

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

blahblah wrote: 09 Mar 2020, 18:22 Hits in BGW's cost less as there are 0 points from those being replaced, rather than 2 so a Hit is actually 6 if replacing a Starter.

The problem is guessing Lpool who could gave title in the bag and working out if bring in or out if CL has an impact.

Is it between Wolves' EL matches?
no GW31 is straight after the 2nd leg

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

And 1st Leg is better for them behind closed doors....

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

My Virus Diary

So. I thought it might be good for my sanity to diarise this madness. My team will get a mention, but some other thoughts as well.

TEAM

I refuse to lose free transfers as it goes against every bone in my body. Basic tactic will be to try to ensure a full playing XV, and having not really tooled up for GW31 I will have to have a think on where to go with the squad, probably focussing on those teams with the most games left to play.

It will be interesting to see which players return from injury in time for a league restart, and I can imagine the likes of Bruno F, Alonso, Son, Abraham, Rashford and others being attractive purchases.

For now, I have done:

Ryan :arrow: Leno (for fixtures)

This gives me:

Henderson / Leno
TAA / Robertson / Soyuncu / O'Connell / PvA
Salah / KdB / Maddison / Traore / Dendoncker
Vardy / Ings / Jimenez

VIRUS

My college is now totally online, which has proved a nightmare to retimetable at very short notice (we are right at the start of term and had already begun campus classes). However, it is just about done. Whether we have any of our professional exams this summer seems doubtful and I expect a cancellation notice shortly, which is likely to mean a huge drop in students even online. I suspect we may be forced into downsizing staff. it will not be pretty and nobody including me is safe. With Mrs R due to produce Baby R shortly and go on maternity leave, this is hardly good news.

Of course it is likely to be similar for lots of people, so at least our beloved government has to do something about it. Hopefully that means all the big bills can be deferred for a few months.

INTERESTING VIRUS DISCOVERIES

My car tax is due, and so is MOT. Just passed the deadline, and now I cannot get the MOT booked in so am potentially without a car. With online supermarket shopping slots impossible to find, and no decent shop nearby, this is rather unfortunate timing.

On the other side, at least we did not book the short Easter break in Europe we had planned, at least we went and got most of the baby things we need, at least we went away for a nice 50th birthday weekend in a hotel less than a fortnight ago while hotels still existed, and at least we take our main holidays in winter time so can live with not going away in the summer.

And, touch wood, so far we all seem healthy, including parents in their mid 70s. They never went out much anyway so I suspect will cope better than most with staying in.

ANNOYANCES

My boss, who put out a big LinkedIn post about how some people only care about themselves and money, and more should self-isolate, but then told me that my plan to work from home to avoid putting the pregnant Mrs R at further risk was not acceptable and that if others were still braving the office so must I. As it turned out, the office was closed down the following day, so in the legendary words of David Coleman, "One nil".

And the lack of supermarket delivery slots. I have no intention to stockpile. I think some people are doing so because of the difficulty in getting home deliveries coupled with the fear of a London lockdown. Whatever Boris says, I think they will lockdown (and should do) but fear that saying so will just cause more stockpiling.

Lock down at 9am tomorrow, that's what I say!

USING THE TIME

At present I am having to work 18 hour days sorting out the college's response to the virus. That should calm down in the coming days, and if the exams get cancelled I may find myself at home a lot and with time on my hands.

Time to get fitter. And get that reading backlog done. And sort out baby room. And rewrite some of our books. And …

PREDICTION

London gets locked down by the end of March. Other cities voluntarily follow. TV and phone services start to buckle under the strain. Some trouble on the streets and looting of any shops with food. A "peak" never actually seems to happen, we just keep on getting more cases through to August when it slowly starts to fall back, without disappearing completely.

Football season is completed by taking every PL squad to a Hebridean island (that has had its normal population of 26 removed) and quarantining them there, and then playing a slate of fixtures every 3-4 days in the fields. Somehow Sky and BT will get a cameraman and annoying pundit there, and millions of us will watch every second on live tv.

Been a long day, so for now, sleep.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

Virus Diary

Getting food of some sort is no problem. Getting food you actually want is a different kettle of bananas. Mrs R is heavily pregnant and has been living off fruit and veg (hats off to her, she has ditched alcohol and most bad foods) but getting hold of bananas and certain veg is proving tricky. So we are using the opportunity to try new things - whatever is left in the shop basically.

Looking more and more quiet outside. As each day passes the level of activity falls.

I am wondering why the pubs and restaurants and others do not second their staff to the supermarkets in a loan deal for 3 months. Would seem to solve a lot of problems.

TV shows with no audiences - Ant and Dec has just started and it is weird to put it mildly.

UK cases of the virus up big time today. A 25% increase and over 5000 now, and I hate to say it but we seem to be rising ahead of the Italy line now.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

well that was an odd 3 months.

Ignoring virus and real life moments for a while, how about this for a BB attempt (which might allow me to keep hold of my WC rather than using it immediately afterwards):

Ederson
Henderson

TAA
Alonso
Doherty
Boly
Baldock

KdB
Grealish
McGinn
Fleck
H Barnes

Aguero
Auba
Jota

Only 9 doublers for the BB, but the 6 single game players are pretty tasty?

Not many of these I would feel the need to ditch immediately after. No Salah, Mane, Sterling ... but cannot have everyone. And I currently have Ings and it feels so wrong to ditch him with Norwich coming so maybe no Jota

WC around GW32 or 33 I reckon.

Thoughts?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Then go 523?

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Villa’s run of fixtures is horrible. If you don’t want to wildcard out of this then I’d question having both Grealish and McGinn in midfield; especially as blah points out, you’d want to bench one or two of the others as well.
I was also looking at keeping Ings - I have about £1m value tied up in him hence wondering if he should be one of my SGW players. Tough call.
In short too much cash at the back, not enough in the middle for a balanced squad going forwards

Fuzzy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: meh

Post by Fuzzy »

Similar thoughts from me, and I don't how long I want to carry SHF defenders either.

I am not sure how much more you will know by GW32 (rather than 31), and aside from West Ham and Man City I am not seeing who else has a strong fixture turn at GW 32/33.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

Fuzzy wrote: 10 Jun 2020, 11:42 Similar thoughts from me, and I don't how long I want to carry SHF defenders either.

I am not sure how much more you will know by GW32 (rather than 31), and aside from West Ham and Man City I am not seeing who else has a strong fixture turn at GW 32/33.
Chelsea and Manchester United.

And I am also thinking Liverpool and Manchester city may have little league interest by then.

Fuzzy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: meh

Post by Fuzzy »

True, but Man United's run is decent from GW31, and Man City's GWs 31 and 32 are not gold-plated. I'll grant you Chelsea though. Just putting it out there.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

Henderson, Leno

TAA, VVD, O'Connell, Egan, Boly

KdB, Sterling, Grealish, McGinn, Luiz

Aguero, Auba, Nketia

12 doublers, plus TAA, VVD and Boly.

For now that's a plan, but whether I want 3 Villa is in question. Harvey Barnes or Mount?

And could happily go Doherty in place of VVD.

But feel closer to a decent solution.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

That's a lot of cash in goal?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”