To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Thoughts Of Kessie

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Thoughts Of Kessie

Post by FranckKessie »

Yay or Nay?
Salah, Mendy,Murphy and Stephens :arrow: Sterling, Martial, Richarlison and Digne (-8)

I am dead on at the moment and very tempted.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

While those are attractive options, Salah scored 5 goals in 2 games against Watford last season. Taking a -8 to remove him seems ill-timed to me.

I'd remove Mendy and Stephens for Laporte and Richarlison probably (if that works). Alternatively a cheaper defender (Balbuena?) and Martial, you wouldn't need to play Balbuena this week.

I don't get the Digne bandwagon myself. I'd prefer Keane if I wanted an Everton defender but the fixtures hardly encourage that, do they?

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 20 Nov 2018, 23:09 I don't get the Digne bandwagon myself. I'd prefer Keane if I wanted an Everton defender but the fixtures hardly encourage that, do they?
Digne passes the "eye" test but it's certainly a subjective judgement. However in the short term (four fixtures) one can't really question the attractiveness of Everton's fixtures, notwithstanding the trip to Anfield, if one seems to be transfer rich.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

A 4.8m defender for 4 fixtures only? 3 fixtures really? You'd have to be pretty secure that you have FTs to spare, either that or be intending to use him in a rotation I guess. Not saying he's a terrible pick, just that he's not worth the bandwagon.

Jameselaprendi
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Jameselaprendi »

Digne bandwagoners will probably wish they’d picked Mina soon enough

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 20 Nov 2018, 23:09 While those are attractive options, Salah scored 5 goals in 2 games against Watford last season. Taking a -8 to remove him seems ill-timed to me.

I'd remove Mendy and Stephens for Laporte and Richarlison probably (if that works). Alternatively a cheaper defender (Balbuena?) and Martial, you wouldn't need to play Balbuena this week.

I don't get the Digne bandwagon myself. I'd prefer Keane if I wanted an Everton defender but the fixtures hardly encourage that, do they?
Thanks for the input.

Checked up on Salah it was 1G and 1A away in round1 and 4G and 1A at home in 31. So he is clearly capable of producing the goods and there is a risk that it could happen again this time. Since then WAT has changed for the better and Pool looks offensively to be worse than last year. Salah underlying stats still looks good though. If I had to put an xP of him I'd set it a little bit lower than his PPG vs nonTopSix from last year. This number was 7.73. This clearly means that he is among (C)-choices but no way a clear best choice. This is clearly important due to his price. Over the next period of games only Burney(A) perhaps and even here Kane,Arnie and Richarlison will be close to him. If he doesn't make an easy (C)-choice then he will according to a table based on last year have to deliver around 9PPG to be "BestInClass". I don't expect him to deliver that but reckon that he clearly could. So he wouldn't be in my team if I could make unlimited transfer.

This doesn't mean that the proposed transfers are good as I have to look at the alternatives. Assuming yellow flags will clear I will do Martial + DEF in. I have a budget of 5.1 if I want to switch Stephens and Mendy out. I think I would have gambled on Shaw had he not have his ban. The ban means he can probably wait until 18 (A potential jump from Digne for example). A switch back to TAA is another option but Liverpool fixture schedule and a personal preference of security makes me want to look elsewhere. Balbuena is another option an WHU has lovely fixtures up til New Year. He is 0.4M cheaper but the extra money do not help me. I'd need approx 1.0M (would allow me to switch freely from Aguero to Kane in GW15). Over the next 4 I'd prefer a EVE defender to Balbuena, and these are important as I'd likely want to jump to a new defender. I have little preference between Keane and Digne and haven't studied their BPS. BPS may make one better than the other but without that knowledge I think I prefer Digne because I'd think he will more often get offensive points(assists) than Keane(goals). Even if he doesn't make 2 assists per Keane goal his points-distribution will be less volatile and over a short period I may prefer less volatility at the potential cost of xP.

To assess the Salah out it is probably easiest to assume that I will make Digne and Martial in no matter what. Then I need to figure out if Sterling + Richarlison -8 > Salah and Stephens.
This can be split into two decisions:

1. -4 + Sterling vs Salah
The period which should form the basis of judgement is from now till New Year, so rather long term. Up til New Year I prefer Sterling in 5 of 8 matches over Salah. 1.8M over 8 matches in itself should be worth in the range 8-16 points, so if Sterling can keep pace with Salah I should do it. Game time uncertainty is the big question, but I'd expect him to start at least 80% of matches and City's progress in ChL does mean he can be kept fresh for PL. But it is Pep :?

Any views?

2. Given Sterling is winner of 1, then -4 + Richarlison
Here I need to consider two things.
Whether Richarlison can beat the weakest links my current squad over the next 4 by more than 4 points and
how much is being able to buy Kane for GW15(C) worth. Buying Richarlison means it will take an extra transfer to get Kane in.

2.1 Richarlison vs Weakest Link
GW13: Richarlison(CAR) vs Alonso(tot)
GW14: Richarlison sub
GW15: Richarlison(NEW) vs Ings(tot)/Wan-Bissaka(bha)
GW16: Richarlison(WAT) vs Fraser(LIV)

I actually think it comes down to how much Kane-flexibility is worth. I think Richarlison is expected to beat the weakest link by 4 points and I also find chosing Richarlison has the highest ceiling.
Any views and what have I missed? :)

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Crikey. :shock:
  1. Watford were already under Gracia's management when Liverpool beat them 5-0 last season and had kept 3 CSs in the previous 5 games;
  2. I don't say that losing Salah is wrong, not at all, just not for a hit before a decent fixture when the replacement's chances are no better;
  3. Agree with you about Shaw, I have him in mind to replace Chilwell in GW18;
  4. If that's your plan and the defender is for 5 weeks, wouldn't Chilwell or Vinagre suit better than Digne? Both have 4 good CS opportunities in 5 whereas Digne has 3;
  5. As for the rest, I don't see Salah having poor upcoming fixtures and don't understand why you are looking over 8 weeks; surely the ideal time for Salah :arrow: Sterling would be GW17? Liverpool's fixtures over the next 4 weeks are better than City's (arguably every week);
  6. If you are that frightened about no Richarlison you could always take him rather than Martial;
  7. So I'd just use the 2FTs this week and review next week. If you want to go ahead with the other 2 moves then GW16 would be just as good and would save you 8 points.

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 21 Nov 2018, 22:31 Crikey. :shock:
Had to look that one up :)
Ruth_NZ wrote: 21 Nov 2018, 22:31
  1. Watford were already under Gracia's management when Liverpool beat them 5-0 last season and had kept 3 CSs in the previous 5 games;
  2. I don't say that losing Salah is wrong, not at all, just not for a hit before a decent fixture when the replacement's chances are no better;
  3. Agree with you about Shaw, I have him in mind to replace Chilwell in GW18;
  4. If that's your plan and the defender is for 5 weeks, wouldn't Chilwell or Vinagre suit better than Digne? Both have 4 good CS opportunities in 5 whereas Digne has 3;
  5. As for the rest, I don't see Salah having poor upcoming fixtures and don't understand why you are looking over 8 weeks; surely the ideal time for Salah :arrow: Sterling would be GW17? Liverpool's fixtures over the next 4 weeks are better than City's (arguably every week);
  6. If you are that frightened about no Richarlison you could always take him rather than Martial;
  7. So I'd just use the 2FTs this week and review next week. If you want to go ahead with the other 2 moves then GW16 would be just as good and would save you 8 points.
I think we are much on the same page. I assume you know most of what I am about to write in advance but here is my replies:

a) Cannot deny that but points difference between Salah(away) and Salah(home) last year was roughly 2.3 points. Both obviously being extremely high :)
Trends of this season doesn't bring any favours to Salah though. WAT much stronger, Pool poorer in attack (and Sterling looking even better to in my eyes than last year).

b) I haven't decided to lose Salah either, but I am tempted and keen to hear the voice of others. Thank you for yours :)

d) Must admit I haven't spent much time studying all teams so had to look up Chilwell because of your post :) I think prefer 3 good home games compared to 1 good home and 3 good away games. Looking at GW17 I have Doherty(BOU),Alonso(BHA),Wan-Bissaka(LEI) and Robertson(MUN) and I think I'd play all 4 before Chillwell(cpl). Vinagre/Bennet would both give me a defensive triple-up on Wolves. Their fixtures are really good but haven't decided if I want that much exposure. Hmm.

e) I still have my WC in place and currently I am looking at playing it at the very last minutes. Therefore I am looking at a 8 week period in the comparison. On the fixtures I am of the view that it will depend on how long a period we look at. Over 2GWs I prefer City slightly, 4GWs I prefer Pool and over 6-8 I prefer City. ChL-matches doesn't favour Salah, but City squad doesn't favour Sterling.

f) Richarlison would be a luxury, but as I am not willing to do any moves before tomorrows pressers I will be priced out of him unless I go -4.7M Def.

g) I might land there as well. Only 14% Top10K ownership for Sterling is a great differential. Perhaps I am simply trigger-happy after carrying over a transfer for a couple of weeks :)

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

Gameweek 13 Preview:
I hope that my transfers this week have more success than the ones I've been doing lately. Richarlison to Murphy, TAA to Mendy and Mitrovic to Ings have been really rewardful. 2 injuries and something like 25 points down :cry: I've ended up being a dullard meaning I've taken no hits and the two I've made are:

Mendy :arrow: Digne
Stephens :arrow: Martial

Squad selection:
Patricio
Doherty Digne Robertson
Martial(C) Hazard Salah Fraser
Ings Arnautovic Aguero(VC)

Stekelenburg Alonso Murphy Wan-Bissaka
Bank: 0.3, 0FT

My team looks good for this week and the dullard transfer strategy means that I cover most ground, but a Richarlison blank would be lovely (he can then gets his points in GW15 and GW16). I've punted on Martial(C) and believe in case should reward me I will get further rewarded by price rises due the size of MUN-fanbase. I had one selection dilemma but it looks to be irrelavant as Ings looks to be out so Alonso will almost certainly join Arnautovic in my first 11. I have selected Arnautovic ahead of Alonso because I believe there is only a small xP difference (in favour of Alonso) so I've decided to bet even further against a City CS.

Good luck to all of you!

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

Gameweek 13 Review:
38 points and a drop down to 78k.

This was clearly not what I had in mind to happen this gameweek. I only managed to see sporadic minutes live and only got to see MOTD yesterday. Watching MOTD helped my mood, because it left me with the impression that it was more bad fortune than bad picks which was the root for me poor GW score.

Captaincy was always a gamble and in the end it didn't go well. This was actually me first week over the season where my (C) didn't return offensive points. Defence was back being the main source of points as Digne and Robertson delivered but Robertson was perhaps fortunate as Deulofeu had a goal disallowed. The only other player delivering was Salah but his score was once again cancelled out by Mane. All others didn't manage to deliver anything but yellow-flags though Hazard had a clear cut penalty not rewarded.
I have many frustrations at the moment like many other managers. Mmine are mainly centered around the fact that my transfers decisions have turned out horrible.

Transfers:
GW3: Eriksen (In: 2., Out:2,6) and King (In: 1.5, Out:4,4) :arrow: Mhkitaryan (In: 1.33, Out:2) and Ings (In: 3,8, Out:2,75)
GW4 (-4): Richarlison (In: 7, Out:NA) and Walker (In: 3, Out:5.1 :arrow: D.Silva (In: 4, Out:6.7) and Alonso (In: 5.2, Out:NA)
GW6: Mhkitaryan (In: 1.33, Out:2) and Pickford(In: 2, Out:6.4) :arrow: Richarlison (In: 5.1, Out:NA) and Patricio (In: 3.9, Out:NA)
GW7 (-4): Mendy(In: 6.4, Out:7) and Ings (In: 3,8, Out:2,75) :arrow: Doherty (In: 4,7, Out:NA) and Mitrovic (In: 2, Out:7)
GW8: D.Silva (In: 4, Out:6.7) :arrow: Hazard (In: 3.8, Out:NA)
GW10: Richarlison (In: 3.75, Out:6.5) :arrow: Murphy (In: 1.75, Out:NA)
GW11: TAA (In: 3.8, Out:9) :arrow: Mendy (In: 2, Out:NA)
GW12: Mitrovic (In: 2, Out:7) :arrow: Ings (In: 3, Out:NA)
GW13: Mendy (In: 2, Out:NA) and Stephens (In: 1.1, Out:NA) :arrow: Digne (In: 8, Out:NA) and Martial (In: 3, Out:NA)

Above is listed
1.All of my transfers in and out
2. The average points the player got while being selectable for my team uptil next transfer out. (In:)
3. The average points going forward until entering my team again, excluding injuries (Out:).
If NA occurs it is because they haven't been out of my team or they haven't been available for selection.
Errors may occur in any calculation :)

These (In:) and (Out:) is a quick initial way of me to assess my transfers/decision making. In order to minimize bias I've excluded data points before a player enters my team the first time, as players entering will be skewed towards good performances, while players going out will tend not to have performed. Whether I've achieve the goal or not I am not sure of.

The two main reads from the numbers are to me:
1.The period at which I've have players has to a large extend been substituted with a period where they'd go bang on form, Pickford,D.Silva, TAA, Walker and Mitrovic being examples of this.
2. My transfers in has been when players where about to enter a bad spell, best examples are Hazard and Mitrovic.

So while I perhaps have transfered in/out players who has scored many points I've done it at the wrong times. That is really frustrating!
I think clear bad picks would have left me with less frustation. This clearly doesn't give the full picture and I am sure I've made mistakes I am not aware of.

I am soon to make a lot of transfers on my WC, GW15/16 is back in consideration, so hopefully tables will turn very soon!

What are your frustrations at the moment?
Last edited by FranckKessie on 27 Nov 2018, 19:15, edited 1 time in total.

dod
FISOhead
FS Record: I have never won FPL.

Post by dod »

Your methodology to assess the success (or failure) of your transfers is the same as my own. That's one post I don't need to write; I'll just refer people to yours :D .

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

dod wrote: 27 Nov 2018, 13:41 Your methodology to assess the success (or failure) of your transfers is the same as my own. That's one post I don't need to write; I'll just refer people to yours :D .
Funny! First time I've done it and something I "developed" very quick for the post. Can't be all bad :D

BTW hope it shows more success' in your case :)

EDIT: How do you keep track?

dod
FISOhead

Post by dod »

FranckKessie wrote: 27 Nov 2018, 18:22
dod wrote: 27 Nov 2018, 13:41 Your methodology to assess the success (or failure) of your transfers is the same as my own. That's one post I don't need to write; I'll just refer people to yours :D .
Funny! First time I've done it and something I "developed" very quick for the post. Can't be all bad :D

BTW hope it shows more success' in your case :)

EDIT: How do you keep track?
The slow way. If you are looking for useful website tools, shortcuts, and computer tips you are asking the wrong guy :lol: .

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

dod wrote: 28 Nov 2018, 16:39 The slow way. If you are looking for useful website tools, shortcuts, and computer tips you are asking the wrong guy :lol: .
So pen and paper it is :lol:

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

Gameweek 14 Preview:
Funny GW where nothing seems certain. Who of the Top Guns will play and who will be rested? No one knows and it seems like another week with no clear outstanding pick. From a personal perspective Hazard is bloody frustrating. In my transfer review it was clear that the supposed upgrade of D.Silva to Hazard has been anything like an upgrade. When you then need him with (C) on he is yellow-flagged. Frustrating and I have seriously considered swapping him for Sane this GW. As I am not sure Sane will come out of top, I've decided to hold my nerve and hopefully a clear picture will reveal itselft up to GW15 where I will have 2 transfers available.

Squad selection:
Patricio
Doherty Alonso Robertson Wan-Bissaka
Martial Hazard Salah(VC)
Ings Arnautovic Aguero(C)

Stekelenburg Fraser Digne Murphy
Bank: 0.3, 1FT

I hope my teams end up looking really good once the GW is over. Good luck to all of you!

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

Gameweek 14 Review & 15 Preview:
FranckKessie wrote: 30 Nov 2018, 18:30 I hope my teams end up looking really good once the GW is over. Good luck to all of you!
48 points and a drop to 102k.

My wish in the GW14 preview clearly didn't come true. My team in general actually delivered okay but relative to other managers clearly not. Aguero(C) injury and Salah(VC) costed me. The mental blow of having Digne as my sub-in for Aguero on for CS+3 Bonus points was tough and the benching of Martial I had not seen coming, but I suspect it had to do with the need to play 3-5-2. Hopefully he is back in versus Arsenal.

The gameweek 15 has already started, but I've done two transfers.
Hazard :arrow: Sane
Aguero :arrow: Kane

Squad selection:
Patricio
Alonso Robertson Wan-Bissaka Digne
Martial Sane Salah(VC) Fraser
Arnautovic Kane(C)

Stekelenburg Doherty Murphy Ings
Bank: 0.9, 0FT

Pep has given me a great start by benching Laporte and Sterling. For once I have time to watch a full match and this time be spending time on drafting the first version of my WC. It will be put into use now. Good luck to all of you with GW15!

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

FINAL WILDCARD SQUAD
From a personal perspective the WC turned out to be fairly bad planned, because I didn't feel like having the time needed to really do the analysis required. FPL requires time and I haven't allocated enough time for various reasons.

Fabianski Button
Kolasinac TAA Doherty Shaw Wan-Bissaka
Sterling Sane Richarlison Fraser Snodgrass
Kane Aubameyang Jimenez

Almost Sure Things Uncertainties

Thought Process:
All season I've been in the belief that I would go ALL-IN with 5 big defenders. In the end I decided temporarily not to do that. I knew Alonso would be out of my team on WC, but Robertson and Laporte was the two who didn't make the final cut. Robertson I've owned the entire season and was really thinking of going back to TAA + Robertson double up. Their fixtures with only NEW being great up until MCI-game made me decide to sway this idea and out of the two I preferred TAA due to the Gomez injury (hadn't thought about Fabinho being former RB). Laporte was also in and out of my team selections mainly instead of Robertson if I wouldn't do a LIV double up and instead spread the risk more. In the end, I probably decided on the even riskier road as Shaw was spotted joining UTD squad and that was too much for me to resist. UTD fixtures are incredible and Shaw, if fit, seemed to be nailed in starting line-up making him potential real bargain, clearly not backed by any data. If knew there was a real chance of Shaw not starting the FUL match but my benching for the GW was strong so no problem and wanted to save a potential later transfer. The selection of Shaw finalised my defence and everyone knows that right after captaincy considerations you identify your defence ;)
The next big selection dilemma turned out to be whether to go with Kamara or not. For the majority of time he was in, but eventually the immediate fixtures and nailedness of Jimenez won. The real key to this decision was probably not Jimenez or Kamara but more what I could do with the extra cash. My options were along the lines of:

1.Jimenez + Snodgrass :arrow: 7.5M (Anderson or Martial) + Kamara
2.Jimenez + Fraser :arrow: 8.1M (Anderson or Martial) + Kamara
3.Jimenez + Wan-Bissaka :arrow: 6.3M (Laporte/Robertson) + Kamara

A fit Martial would have made me prefer Kamara+Martial, but I felt somewhat comfortable Jimenez + Snodgrass > Anderson + Kamara. Picking Jimenez also closed the chapter of selecting a FWD
in price range 5-7M for the long run. A decision I would probably be in a few weeks later where I could see myself downgrading Kane or Aubameyang. Now I probably downgrade to Kamara instead.

These were the overall lines of my WC process, but clearly tons of iterations have been tested. It will be interesting to see how my WC decisions turn out. Views on my WC selections are always welcome!

Using the WC in GW16 ended up being fatal, like for so many others. Current rank is 110k and without using WC it would have been in the range 30-50k. Timing is everything in this game :)

dod
FISOhead

Post by dod »

I think your squad looks good. It certainly looked good when you chose it. You have had just a single GW's worth of information to suggest that it might not be. That's just noise. It's certainly not yet time to panic :lol: .

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

Young being MOM I could have been without. I need Shaw to be fit and nailed soon :)

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

Gameweek 17 - Preview:

Squad selection:
Fabianski
Doherty TAA Kolasinac
Snodgrass Sane Sterling(VC) Fraser
Aubameyang Kane(C) Jimenez

Button Wan-Bissaka Richarlison Shaw
Bank: 0.5, 1FT

So I am good to go for my second week post-WC. I am not in the state I hoped to be as Shaw continues to be a doubt, and I fear he may have lost his starting spot to Young. Any views on this?
Furthermore, TAA being injured clearly is not what I intended for but hopefully they are both ready in time GW18 where I'd really like to play them. Besides that everything looks okay and hopefully I am in for a prospering GW :)

Good luck to all of you!

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

As far as shaw vs young. Shaw has been injured so impossible to say. What I will say is that I'd expect young to be RB and shaw LB when shaw returns to fitness.

dalot has done well and is the future of the club, but young will start over him

the solskjaer news will shake things up a tad though possibly

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

No Way Jose wrote: 19 Dec 2018, 02:27 As far as shaw vs young. Shaw has been injured so impossible to say. What I will say is that I'd expect young to be RB and shaw LB when shaw returns to fitness.

dalot has done well and is the future of the club, but young will start over him

the solskjaer news will shake things up a tad though possibly
Thanks for input NWJ. Sounds plausible and hope you are right. I’ve only watched Dalot versus Arsenal and he was in Big trouble..

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

Gameweek 17 - Review and 18 - Preview:
71 points and a rank increase to 59k.

I hit the jackpot in GW17 and obtained a GW Rank of 61k and that was only from 10 playing players. After Saturday I had a GW Rank below 5k with Wan-Bissaka very likely to come in for 6 points plus Kolasinac and Aubameyang so it looked even better going into Sunday. Like for many others my Kane(C) was dissapointing, but elsewhere most of my players delivered with Snodgrass the stand out. As said I only managed to field 10 players highlights that I do have some concerns in my squad mainly in defence. I hoped for Kolasinac to be on the bench yesterday vs Spurs which he wasn't and Shaw is very much still a concern and so far he has only been a gamble gone wrong costing me 0.1SV. Hopefully both are on the field for the weekend but it seems unlikely. As long as one of them is plays it is okay, but both not playing wouldn't be nice and I would have to field both Doherty and Wan-Bissaka. TAA was that last player of concern but he has been transfered out for Digne. Digne seems essential to Everton, is about to start an excellent run of fixtures and last week showed he can provide output even in the worst of all fixtures.

Provisional Squad Selection:
Fabianski
Shaw Kolasinac Digne
Sterling(C) Sane(VC) Fraser Richarlison Snodgrass
Aubameyang Kane

Button Jimenez Doherty Wan-Bissaka
Bank: 0.9M, 1FT

Depending on pressers I may decide to use my other free transfer, but my hope is to carry it over for next week. In the best of worlds I do not have to make further defensive transfers any time soon but I find it more unlikely than not. I would really like to be able to downgrade one of Aubameyang or Kane to invest more in midfield in one of the coming weeks. I still need to identify which one though. Both have merits.
United will be a big factor in my transfer decisions going forward.I can see myself go with any number from 0 to 3 in squad over the excellent fixture run. Besides Shaw who is already in, Martial is the man of my dreams but Rashford allows a little annoying Belgian player to easily come back into my squad, such that he can fail me for the 100th time :mrgreen: The appoint of Solskjaer doesnt fill me with confidence, but it will be interesting to see what he intends to do. If they give me the slightest hope I am willing to risk it. That is a certainty! 8-)

GL to all of you!

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

Two free transfers and 0.5M short of Fraser :arrow: Martial. Any good suggestions?
Sterling :arrow: Hazard
Snodgrass :arrow: Camarasa
Sterling :arrow: Pogba

Any views on Hazards ability to play all Christmas?

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

Gameweek 18 Review & 19 Preview:
53 points and a drop to 66k.

I had obvious hoped for more in GW18 given Sterling and Sane couldnt ever be more secured a start than this GW. They were stand out captaincy options imo but in the end failed. Kane and Aubameyang came to the rescue. A very positive thing for me was seeing Kolasinac and Shaw back amongst the first 11. Hopefully they will reward me with points going forward :mrgreen:

Solskjaer brought me UTD hope and therefore I’ve done

Sterling :arrow: Hazard
Fraser :arrow: Martial

Once again I am not sure I’ve made the right moves but hopefully Hazard plays way more minutes than Sterling, 60min+. Even though Aubameyang delivered I am concerned that he will get rested for the FUL match. He has played a lot recently, so can he start every match? A rest versus BHA and 90 mins in the other two I would accept. My bench is BB strong this GW and I am not sure who to play?.

Squad selection:
Fabianski
Shaw Kolasinac Wan-Bissaka Doherty
Martial(VC) Sane Hazard Richarlison
Aubameyang Kane(C)

Button Jimenez Digne Snodgrass
Bank: 0.0, 0FT

How would you guys play this lot?

Merry Christmas and good luck in GW19.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

FranckKessie wrote: Squad selection:
Fabianski
Shaw Kolasinac Wan-Bissaka Doherty
Martial(VC) Sane Hazard Richarlison
Aubameyang Kane(C)

Button Jimenez Digne Snodgrass
Bank: 0.0, 0FT

How would you guys play this lot?
If you mean this week, it looks fine although very worth a BB if it looks like Button will start. Not sure if it will be him or Steele. Though I guess there's somewhat more rotation risk this week than usual so maybe not the safest week to BB in.

In the medium term, I hate the shape of the front 8 with no cheap option, especially as you will almost always be getting a good 1st sub defender. Getting Snodgrass down to Camarasa/Billing/Højbjerg should be a priority I think. Will make future transfer planning easier.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

FranckKessie wrote:Even though Aubameyang delivered I am concerned that he will get rested for the FUL match. He has played a lot recently, so can he start every match? A rest versus BHA and 90 mins in the other two I would accept.
I am seeing a lot of these thoughts but I really think it's overdone. I made a survey of the fixture compression between 3rd IB and the Xmas period a couple of months back and came to the conclusion that there was little to worry about, teams had 9 PL games this season whereas they had 11 in the same period last time. The Xmas/NY schedule is a busy couple of weeks but nothing excessive really. A fit 28 year-old like Aubameyang can certainly play every game and be rested in the FAC on 5th January.

As a matter of fact, Aubameyang has by no means been over-played this season thanks to his small involvement in the Cups. He has only done 1700 minutes, that's less than Sterling (1770) who has also been rested plenty and a lot less than Kane (2100). You can never be sure with the top clubs but I think Emery resting Aubameyang in the PL is about as likely as Klopp resting Salah or Pochettino, Kane. Not very likely, in other words, not when the battle for places at and near the top is so close.

Nabs Kebabs
Treebeard

Post by Nabs Kebabs »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 25 Dec 2018, 06:47
FranckKessie wrote:Even though Aubameyang delivered I am concerned that he will get rested for the FUL match. He has played a lot recently, so can he start every match? A rest versus BHA and 90 mins in the other two I would accept.
I am seeing a lot of these thoughts but I really think it's overdone. I made a survey of the fixture compression between 3rd IB and the Xmas period a couple of months back and came to the conclusion that there was little to worry about, teams had 9 PL games this season whereas they had 11 in the same period last time. The Xmas/NY schedule is a busy couple of weeks but nothing excessive really. A fit 28 year-old like Aubameyang can certainly play every game and be rested in the FAC on 5th January.

As a matter of fact, Aubameyang has by no means been over-played this season thanks to his small involvement in the Cups. He has only done 1700 minutes, that's less than Sterling (1770) who has also been rested plenty and a lot less than Kane (2100). You can never be sure with the top clubs but I think Emery resting Aubameyang in the PL is about as likely as Klopp resting Salah or Pochettino, Kane. Not very likely, in other words, not when the battle for places at and near the top is so close.
Yep, Aubameyang is looking as nailed as any. And a rest against Fulham would make no sense. This is because Arsenal won't play again till 11 days after that game due to the Carabao Cup SF.

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 25 Dec 2018, 06:30
If you mean this week, it looks fine although very worth a BB if it looks like Button will start. Not sure if it will be him or Steele. Though I guess there's somewhat more rotation risk this week than usual so maybe not the safest week to BB in.

In the medium term, I hate the shape of the front 8 with no cheap option, especially as you will almost always be getting a good 1st sub defender. Getting Snodgrass down to Camarasa/Billing/Højbjerg should be a priority I think. Will make future transfer planning easier.
Thanks for input. Ryan seems to be in goal for GW19 or is there something I havent picked up?

I am 100% in line with you that the front 8 is bad structure and waste of funds. It dates back to my WC when I had the plan to move Kane to Kamara and go for upgrades in Mid after two GWs. Afterwards I realised the downfall of BOU defence and now I am here. The WC for me has been ill planned and a mess. I have made errors. Over the coming weeks I will introduce a base’ish player in either MID or FWD.

@Aubameyang
I must be tired but for some reason I had the impression that the FUL fixture would come within 48 hours of LIV, which was the main reason for my concern. Lacazette and a 1 FWD system being another reason. But the fixtures are not very different from an ordinary week CHL football, which greatly limits the pressure for rotation. Aubameyang looked really fit versus BUR and last weeks to me has confirmed his nailedness. He is number 1.

Thanks both of you for the wake up call!

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

FranckKessie wrote:Thanks for input. Ryan seems to be in goal for GW19 or is there something I haven't picked up?
There seems to be some uncertainty about when he leaves for the Asian Cup. It was reported in some places that he's missing from GW19, others have said GW20 and Hughton has refused to divulge the precise date. But as you were, it now does sound as if Ryan plays tomorrow.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”