To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Thoughts Of Kessie

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Thoughts Of Kessie

Post by FranckKessie »

Doesn't matter much anyway as I fear rotation too much to use BB anyway.

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

Gameweek 19 Review and 20 Preview:
60 points and a drop to 97k.

This gameweek was all about selecting the right first 11. The exercise was pick 3 out of 6 with at least 2 defenders from:

Jimenez,Snodgrass,Doherty,Wan-Bissaka,Digne and Kolasinac

In the end only two didn't get to play and for me those two were Snodgrass and Digne. Digne decided to have what most likely will be his GW of the season and those points stranded on my bench. One very close decision from a good GW and a bad GW :cry:
I really need lady fortune to smile more upon my team, because over the last 10GWs I have managed to worsen my overall rank and play my WC. Its not looking good at the moment and the timing of my WC has turned out horrible. I am a frustrated FPL-manager at the moment, but hopefully things are about to turn for the better!:)

GW20 Squad Selection
Fabianski
Shaw Digne Doherty
Snodgrass Martial Hazard Sane Richarlison
Kane(C) Aubameyang

Button Jimenez Wan-Bissaka Kolasinac
Bank: 0.0M, 1FT

So I am carrying over my transfer to next gameweek. I have been tinkering a lot with my squad but haven't caved in so far. Hopefully it will prove to be a good decision!

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

Sunday bloody sunday! Fabianski,Shaw,Hazard,Sane,Snodgrass and Martial = 13 points :lol: Overall 36 points and down to 150k.

Sane :arrow: Pogba confirmed. Think I'll roll the other, unless you guys have any good suggestions? I am very open-minded currently :)

Squad selection:
Fabianski
Doherty Digne Kolasinac
Hazard Richarlison Pogba Martial
Aubameyang Jimenez Kane

Bank: 1.3M, 1FT

Captaincy? Hmm :roll:

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

There hasn't been many thoughts of Kessie lately. There are several reasons for that.

1. I don't find my weekly ramblings around my team exciting to write (and haven't had proper time to do much else)
2. A lot to do at work (would be lovely if you Brits could postpone/cancel Brexit)
3. In the middle of identifying where to spend the next chapter of my life (Apartment is up for sale)
4. I think it a shame that the STC is suffering as a consequence of the amount of blogs, so I'll aim to be more active in that instead.

This doesn't mean that I'll kill off the blog completely, but I'll need to find purpose with it. I like the idea of me using it as a service for the FISO community. Similar to how Bobby Fetta post xG/xGA team graphs in the STC I thought I could do something. What exactly I haven't identified, but I'd be keen to hear if you have anything you would think could be good to have stored in one place. (I think it drowns in the STC).

What can I offer?
For a start I have a complete database with all the official FPL player data which I could upload occasionally and then you can use it for your own purposes. That is easy.
If you want me to do something with it and upload here I could probably do that also (will not promise it though) but I'd need to know what you guys would like to see?
FPL1819Data.rar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stena Bib
FISOhead
FS Record: Finished 530 FPL 2018/19

Post by Stena Bib »

Just carry on posting [ I'm also in the bad week group] :D :D :D

I have a feeling another window of opportunity will present itself :idea:

No point in getting phased about it.

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

Here is FPLData after GW26. Hope it is of use
FPLDataAccess.rar
FPLDataExcel.rar
18&19Review.rar
I had to seperate the files as the zip was too large, limit seems to be just above 2MB?

I've added an additional excel sheet (it is a bit slow as there are quite some formulas to calculate) where you can see points of any player in any period of your selection. Furthermore, there is a top25 sheet showing top25 in the categories threat,creativity and ict. The spreadsheet should be a help to anyone who doesn't pay for material on other websites.

@Stena Bib
I'll carry on posting but simply not about my team development :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

Here is FPLData after GW37. The end is near, but unfortunately I am running into limit problem so only AccessDB is below 2MB. Send me a pm with your mail address if interested in the data in Excel.
FPLDataAccessGW37.zip

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

FPL Data in excel spreadsheet as of GW37. I've deleted all data entries where Minutes = 0 to make it smaller.

Patrician
Grumpy Old Man
Location: ...bears no responsibility for bad points forecasts
FS Record: 2nd TFFE 2008, FPL 3 top 10k finishes

Post by Patrician »

Hey FK thanks for this data, it would be great if you can provide the same after the last game. Going to do so,e serious crunching during the break.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

You're welcome. Sure, hope it will be of great use.

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

FPL 18&19 Data. Once again I have deleted a lot of 0's, but if anyone wants the complete data let me know.

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

Outputs from the season.
18&19SeasonalReviewGW38.rar
As previously mentioned it is not super fast,but you should be able to select any period over the season to look at.

For example the emergence of Everton defenders:
Over in the second half (19 to 38) of the season Digne averaged amazing 5.42 points when he played, but actually Coleman exceeded that with amazing 5.93. However, Digne played more thus yielding him 103 points compared to Colemans 89 points.

Also TAA has the highest PointPerMatch (conditioned on playing) of all players amongst Top25 total points players over the 2nd half of the season.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Awesome!

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

I have a dream of creating weekly a PDF-report with most relevant information needed to keep me up to date on movements within FPL. This dream may never get to see daylight but I would like to hear fellow FISOer what you would want to include in such report?

I imagine it contained material on player and team level, and for example on I have managed to create a "not so pretty" version of Bobby Fettas xG/xGA by Team graphs from last year.

I have no clue what the size of such report would be, but my hope was that I could share it here on FISO.

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2014/15 1757th FPL
Formerly David Luiz Is A Hero

Post by DavidLloydIsAHero »

Definitely some analysis of upcoming fixture runs, short, medium and long term (I've borrowed Ben Crellins sheet and made something on this for my planning). I'm not across the stats side of the game as much as many of the other guys though so probably not best placed to answer that.

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

Hi all

Hope you are doing well in these times. Almost a year ago I wrote about me wanting to create an PDF-report. I haven't completed this exercise but as we are about to kick-off FPL again I wanted to share these to parts of a potential future report. I'd appreciate any feedback on it, as I am new in making viz' (i believe that is the name for it). Maybe they can be of use to you also.
Offensive Opponent Strength - Next 5 - GW39.JPG
Defensive Opponent Strength - Next 5 - GW39.JPG

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

Re-post of post in STC as it may get lost in all the great stuff going on in the thread.

Haven't look at any squads, but I hope that I have just updated last years data (understat combined with FPL) with this years prices and re-calculated points for players who have changed position. So if anyone wants to do some analysis of their own it is up for grabs! I will be thrilled if you feedback any errors you spot :D
Access - FPLPredict Pre20&21.rar
Excel - FPLPredict Pre20&21.rar

As always big thanks to OfficialFPL site and Understat.com for providing the data.

Patrician
Grumpy Old Man
Location: ...bears no responsibility for bad points forecasts
FS Record: 2nd TFFE 2008, FPL 3 top 10k finishes

Post by Patrician »

Awesome stuff

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

Patrician wrote: 18 Aug 2020, 08:43 Awesome stuff
I’ve forgotten to adjust for goals conceded. So Defd becoming mids and vice versa will be affected. I’ll see if I can make the change tonight.

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

STC Re-post.

Here is the update with correction of goals conceded points affecting Def & Mids who has switched position.
Access - FPLPredict Pre20&21 w Correction.rar
Excel - FPLPredict Pre20&21 w Correction.rar
Top changes:
PointsChangeBasedOnNewPosition.JPG

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

STC Re-post.

As preparation I am in the middle of setting up everything I have developed in my spare time. Clearly as fixtures came out I needed to check how my fixture-ticker looked. For new comers to PL I cheated and used data from an old team (Leeds = Burnley,WBA and FUL = Norwich). Here are the result for the first 9 gameweeks

Offensive Opponent Strength (Used to select good defensive assets)
Fixture analysis next 9 - Defence.JPG
Defensive Opponent Strength (Used to select good offensive assets)
Fixture analysis next 9 - Offence.JPG
I think my main take-away from this is that no top team stand-out, which makes things harder for us managers. So it may big one big lottery we are about to enter. City come out as worst of all in both tickers. Main reason being that they will miss GW1 and seem to play only top-half teams.

Hope it can be of use to other and questions are always welcome! :P

Bobby Fetta
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Bobby Fetta »

These are great Franck. What software do you use to make them?

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

Thanks. I can only say the same thing about yours! I use Python for these.

Bobby Fetta
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Bobby Fetta »

Ha, thanks. I'm in the dark ages and do it manually in excel. I started on a self-learning book on python but just always find something else to do instead so haven't used it in anger.

Neath boy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Egg Cup Premier league champions 2011-12 and 2012-13. Fiso H2H PremierLeague champion 2015/16. FISO Super League regular season champion 2016-17.

Post by Neath boy »

I am still on paper and pen!😟

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

Neath boy wrote: 21 Aug 2020, 22:14 I am still on paper and pen!😟

Your not the only one. :mrgreen:

Bobby Fetta
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Bobby Fetta »

Spinynorman wrote: 21 Aug 2020, 22:22

Your not the only one. :mrgreen:
Yeah, plenty of that too :lol:

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

Yeah, I can understand why you always have found time to do something else. I've had 3 paternity leaves where I as side project have been exploring Python.

Paternity 1. Get data from FPL site
Paternity 2. Get understat data and merge with FPL
Paternity 3. Make graphs to go into a Pdf-report

I haven't finalised P3 and time is clearly limited with 3 kids, but this is one of the graphs I intended to be in the report.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Speaking as someone with four kids; there's plenty of time yet. 😁

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Im only allowed pencil and paper, plus a rubber 😔

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”