To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Dazza’s RMT

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: Dazza’s RMT

Post by blahblah »

I'm not sure re Mane - apparently Salah, Milner and VvD are OK to play though.

Just to muddy your water: my confusion is based on whether the Rotating 3rd Defender will be as good as Trippier\Mendy.

As a rule of thumb the Points per Million decrease from Gk's to Def's to Mids to the runt Fwds - which means 3 For's is daft, but it does have to be balanced against the extra cost on the bench....

Dazzab
Treebeard

Post by Dazzab »

blahblah wrote: 16 Oct 2018, 11:45
Just to muddy your water: my confusion is based on whether the Rotating 3rd Defender will be as good as Trippier\Mendy.

As a rule of thumb the Points per Million decrease from Gk's to Def's to Mids to the runt Fwds - which means 3 For's is daft, but it does have to be balanced against the extra cost on the bench....
That is what has stopped me from downgrading trippier so far. A few weeks ago I was planning to bring in salah and trippier was first on the chopping block. But he has been a steady flow of points, plus on all set pieces for spurs for now.

Apart from this ...... I feel I’m missing out not having a city defender in my squad anymore. Lots of clean sheets being had. Mind you I’m still getting cs’s from my current defenders. But, and correct me if I’m wrong but many of the premium defenders aren’t getting the attacking points they were getting at the beginning of the year, meaning the cheaper defenders such as Doherty are doing just as well and for less cash.

I’ll probably roll this weeks transfer and then decide what I’ll do with trippier next week ... maybe!

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

I hope to look at that the Attacking Points in the next few days, and guess the future: but my gut instinct is that it is not a regular supply of points, but over a season Trippier, Mendy, Maguire et al will outscore the less threatening def's at the same Club; and I doubt I'll move from that standpoint, so it is down my to do list, tbh.

The more relevant thing is the Mids ie 4-3-3 vs 3-4-3 and maybe Ings et al up top ie that 6-7m price range. There are too many to pick from and easily hoped between, although less so than TFF with only XI players and flexible formations meaning Mendy to Rich is only 1 transfer. This latter bit is the key for me: I'm looking for a structure where this sort of stuff doesn't mean 2 Transfers. While a Kamara type up top has an appeal he is essentially a dead spot, which is Gwen for me atm, and having both on the bench seems daft.

I think that I am rambling my way to 3 Prem Defs, with WB plus one rotating as first Sub and Gwen as perma 3rd in a 3-4-3. Just for CS's that rotation has to get to 17 CS's (over a season) to be worth thinking about - assuming the sub 7m Mids fire.

Dazzab
Treebeard

Post by Dazzab »

With 2 free transfers this week I’m battling to work out what to do. I’ve had KDB in mind for his return but how close is he to being a starter? Could do a straight swap to him at Mane’s expense.
With only Aguero in my team from city I feel I should at least bring in another. Thinking of the following: KDB, Mendy/Laporte, Stirling.
Is it wrong that I’m considering bringing in Stirling for Aguero? Straight after Stirling was rotated. When did Aguero last play 90 mins? I’m also not sure if removing Mane leaves me understaffed of Liverpool players with Robertson my only other.
A keeper change is also on the cards.
Hennessy > ???
I’ve got nothing in the bank so some funds may be needed. Any opinions?

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Liverpool have a good run starting. Once Mane is back he will surely score points, but KdB looks the more sensible choice to me. Whether that is sensible this week is another matter, because if Mane plays he is surely a better bet with Cardiff at home.

Dazzab
Treebeard

Post by Dazzab »

Good point. I would prefer Mane v Cardiff this week if he plays. With the city v spurs game I would think city have a better clean sheet chance. So maybe trippier > Laporte could be an option and bank a small bit of cash. I don’t have the funds for Mendy who I would prefer. Then maybe look at KDB next week and if there is a price change my bank can cover it.
You are right though Liverpool’s fixtures are better.
And what to do with Aguero. Not failing on points but could be getting more.

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

I think in the grans scheme of things Fiso, Aguero is the most difficult to conclude on. Possibly with Salah.

I have Aguero and the long held plan is for him to become Vardy this week. Aguero will get points. But whether he will haul much (or at all) when he repeatedly plays an hour only, is clearly debatable. I have read that he tends to score his goals before the hour mark anyway, but how much truth there is in that I do not know. And anyway, I think Vardy will match him for goals over the next handful of weeks, whilst also freeing up valuable cash (Mendy seems to get extra points every time he plays and is surely a must have, if funds allow).

Presumably KdB's price is going to ratchet up big time in the next few days. If you want him, might be worth foregoing Mane v Cardiff (which of course might not happen) and just go for it?

Dazzab
Treebeard

Post by Dazzab »

Yeah I’ll have to make the KDB move before the next possible price change. Champions league throws a bit of a spanner in the works. Who knows what pep will do with spurs a few days later.
I currently have Vardy so anyone cheaper than Aguero could make cash if I wait and miss out. Lacazette?

So.
Mane, Trippier, Aguero > KDB, Mendy, Lacazette
For -4 is an option.

It does seem kinda wrong looking at moving on Aguero but you would think someone playing 90 mins is more chance to score points.

I like waiting until after midweek games to check for damage though e.g Mane last week. Mind you I still played him. He will be auto subbed for Maddison after the round.

Dazzab
Treebeard

Post by Dazzab »

It’s typical of a beginner like me I suppose to change my mind so frequently, or I’m just worse than most!

Rethinking for GW 10
I want Mendy and to get him this week I’m looking at using both my transfers for this.
Trippier & Guendouzi > Mendy & Romeu. I need the 0.2 to make it work.

I could do trippier > Laporte in one go and have some city cover but I feel Mendy will easily outscore him and one free transfer to raise funds is possibly worth it? Romeu will be bench fodder but Guen was anyway.

Depending on how this weekend goes Mane > KDB could be next week, although I could currently afford it with a straight swap but by next week I might not. Vardy will need to pick up some points in the next week or 2 or he might be used for spare cash and if mane has gone salah could be on the cards if he keeps scoring.

Feel free to offer objections or alternatives.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Trippier, Alonso :arrow: Laporte, Mendy?

Dazzab
Treebeard

Post by Dazzab »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 25 Oct 2018, 13:22 Trippier, Alonso :arrow: Laporte, Mendy?
You feel Alonzo is not going to get attacking points as much now? I was going to see how he went this week against burnley. He is definitely a source of cash if he isn’t brining in those attpoints. From what I saw against United he was getting into attacking positions in the first half?
I had considered a city double up. But that means I will only be able to have one of Aguero and KDB if I decide to bring him in, however if mane starts doing well that could be delayed.

Patrician
Grumpy Old Man
Location: ...bears no responsibility for bad points forecasts
FS Record: 2nd TFFE 2008, FPL 3 top 10k finishes

Post by Patrician »

Chelsea have great fixtures for defenders coming up, I would hold Alonso for now

Dazzab
Treebeard

Post by Dazzab »

GW10
Well my thoughts on this game week are a bit mixed. I scraped through with 63points, a red arrow to the value of 30k putting me just outside the top 200k with 604 points overall. The odd thing is I hit first in all 3 of my public mini leagues. They are obviously not that strong!

Doherty and AWB gave me 3 points in subbing in for Robertson and Hazard. Of my point scorers 7 of them didn’t do better than 2 points. In a way I should count myself lucky by giving Mane the VC role and picking up 30 points when my captain Hazard didn’t play. Mind you this was purely by accident because I forgot to press confirm on my final captaincy selection. My Leicester pair of Maddison and Vardy are still frustrating me by only having a combined score of 11 points for the 3 games I have had them. Their fixtures still look good though so I may continue to hold them and hope they come good. Vardy would be the one I would lose first, if Arnautovic is fit. This could begin creating funds to bring in KdB in a couple of weeks if he is fully fit and a starter. Downgrading Aguero is in the back of my mind too. His 60-70 minute games aren’t bringing in big scores. Either a 6/8 points or 2 pointer lately. This makes it harder to pick him as a captain. Thoughts?

For a few weeks now I have considered selling Hennessey. Ryan has been my first choice, until December at least. But, looking at total points Ryan only has 4 more than Hennessey with 30 of his 45 coming in the last 3 games. Over the course of the season I’m not sure there will be a huge difference between them. Hennessey is in the middle of a tough run of fixtures but I might hold him for now and not waste the transfer.

Hazard: reading today he won’t be available midweek but a good chance he will be ready for Palace on the weekend. I think I’m happy to keep him and hope he makes a worthwhile appearance.

I’m thinking Robertson will be back and ready this week. His rest could have been in preparation for Arsenal this week. Liverpool obviously was able to do the job against Cardiff without him.

I’m glad I did the Trippier to Mendy swap but having not watched the game I’m hoping Mendy keeps his spot after hearing he was far from impressive. Southhampton look like a good team to get points against. This brings me to Ings. No returns for 5 weeks now and his chances this week don’t look good. Maybe he could be swapped for Success this week if I don’t save my transfer. 1.0 in the bank could be helpful.

Like always I am open to all advice so please, if you have some I’d love to hear it.

Afunone
Cheetah
FS Record: 246387

Post by Afunone »

I might be missing something as I'm new to looking at the RMT forum here. But I think it would be useful to have a screenshot of your current team in the OP or a very recent post. I'm pretty sure from reading your recent posts (I'm not going to read them again, sorry!) that the one in your OP, even though that post was updated on 24 Sep 2018, isn't even close to your current team.

So, just saying, it would be easier for us to give you our input if we could easily see your current team..

I'm near your total points (618) so I'll enjoy 'competing' with you for the rest of the season and hopefully helping if I can - but I don't really know what I'm doing!

Good luck.

Dazzab
Treebeard

Post by Dazzab »

Hi mate.

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. I was going to post a screenshot but it slipped my mind before submitting.

The way around that is to click on my name which will take you to my profile. Copy my fpl link in my profile and paste it in a browser. This will take you to my fpl history and you can see how I’ve gone. That’s how I do it anyway.

I’ll post a screenshot of my team now anyway.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Afunone
Cheetah
FS Record: 246387

Post by Afunone »

Ah, I was missing something!

Can't think of any advice right now. Similar team to mine.

Dazzab
Treebeard

Post by Dazzab »

GW11 Review

65 Points
Overall Rank 186k (15k rise from last week)

I suppose this week was an OK week. Nothing huge but it could have been a lot wose. It was a typical week for me really, 2 players scoring the majority of points and the rest just turning up for a game. The 2 scorers being Richarlison and Aguero who I luckily captained. Mind you I had to cringe as I watched him kick 2 points in to the stands when he got his yellow card.
Benching Ings and his 6 points was a mistake and disappointing as Doherty only got the 1.
I was strongly considering doing Vardy to Arnautovic before the game week but decided against it, hence I missed those points too as Vardy blanked for the 4th straight game (the 4 I have owned him for). No doubt he will get points this week as I have now made the Arnautovic swap.
I've still got 1 free transfer in the bank but I might hold it for next week. The 2 transfers could be handy post international games.

I'm not sure if it is something other managers are worried about but after a couple of pretty ordinary games by Mendy I'm not sure if Pep will feel confident in him against United this week. Sure he still got down the line a few times but under pressure with the ball in a more defensive situation he seemed to panic and gave it away a lot. Not something that can be played down by a large scoreline when you are up against a stronger opponent.

Anyway my team currently sits like this for GW12

Hennessey
Alonzo, Mendy, Robertson
Hazard, Mane, Richarlison, Maddison
Arnautovic, Aguero, Ings

Hamer, Doherty, AWB, Romeu

1.8 ITB

So, hoping this week I can improve and get 3 good scorers. I'd love to break the 80 point mark one week for the first time.

Dazzab
Treebeard

Post by Dazzab »

With news of Maddison's injury I still have a free transfer and 1.8 in the bank.

My first thought was to sell him but who to bring in? I've had Fraser in mind but I know his fixtures are pretty ordinary for a while. Would he be too expensive to be seen as a rotator for the next couple of months?
Maddison to Fraser will give me 2.6 in the bank. I could then use that to upgrade Romeu or buy Maddison back in a few weeks. His price may have dropped more too?

If I do nothing I will have to play one of Doherty or AWB this week.

Can anyone see other alternatives? Maybe just upgrade Maddison with the 1.8 I have? Martial or a city midfielder?

Cheers
Daz

Dazzab
Treebeard

Post by Dazzab »

Let’s see how I go.

GW12 team

Hennessy
Alonzo, Mendy, Robertson
Hazard (vc), Mane (c), Richarlison, Fraser
Arnautovic, Aguero, Ings

Hamer, AWB, Doherty, Romeu

2.6itb.

Not sure if bench order is right.

Dazzab
Treebeard

Post by Dazzab »

GW 12 went like this.

57 Points and a small green arrow to 173k overall.

Bringning Fraser in for Maddison worked well but Arnautovic couldn't bring in any extra points as he came in for Vardy.
I feel I got a bit lucky with Ings getting 6 points before retiring early.

Looking forwards to GW13 and I'm hoping that the international break means a number of players can rest up and get fit. I'm probably in the same boat as a lot of managers having multiple flags and injury concerns. I'm currently at 5 flags, those being Mendy, Doherty, AWB, Richarlison and Ings. Of those Mendy seems to be the most serious and his replacement will more than likely be the use of this weeks transfer. Quick question, should this be done sooner rather than later? No doubt there will be mass exodus of Mendy seeing reports say he is out for 6-8 weeks. Price dropping seems guaranteed. Laporte and Stones seem like front running candidates to replace him. Any managers in the know as to how Man City might structure defence this time without Mendy?

To date I still haven't taken a hit. I'm thinking I'll ride the next week and a half to see how the rest of my squad is going before I decide if I need to make any extra transfers to be confident in at least fielding 11 players. How is everyone else going with their squads and what is on the minds of those with multiple flags right now?

Daz

Dazzab
Treebeard

Post by Dazzab »

GW 13

46 points.
Still can’t make a good transfer decision. Players I’ve sold over the last couple of months have far outscored players I have brought in. I’ve had arni for 2 weeks and that seems to be going down the same pathway as vardy, Maddison, mitrovic while I owned them - not doing much. David Silva hasn’t stopped scoring since I sold him.
Got absolutely no idea what to do now with 1 free transfer and 3m in the bank. Injury concerns to hazard, arni and Ings currently.

Dazzab
Treebeard

Post by Dazzab »

Current team is

Hennessy Hamer
Alonzo Laporte Robertson Doherty AWB
Hazard Mane Richarlison Fraser Romeu
Arnautovic Aguero Ings

3m in the bank

What do you think of Mane > Stirling for this weeks transfer? Considering hazard, arnautovic and Ings have injury concerns should I be dealing with those first? Is it also risky with the busy schedule coming up and city rotation becoming an issue?

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

I’d wait until the pressers on Friday before deciding

Dazzab
Treebeard

Post by Dazzab »

Hahaha I’ve woken up to this!! Just on the 60min mark of the Bournemouth game. I’m glad Ryan Fraser remembered how to play football!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Advice?
Don’t sell Fraser!

Dazzab
Treebeard

Post by Dazzab »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 05 Dec 2018, 10:16 Advice?
Don’t sell Fraser!
Hahaha. Might keep him for a game or 2.

Dazzab
Treebeard

Post by Dazzab »

Well, things aren’t getting better. I continue to plummet down the OR ladder. Over the last few weeks I’ve dropped from 140k to 277k and I’m not sure how to stop it.
GW 17 gave me a grand total of 39points. Bad decisions continue to be made. This week I didn’t field a playing keeper. I finally sold Ings after getting no returns from him for a couple of months, only to see him score a brace 2 days later! I benched one of my second highest scorers for the week in AWB.
Not surprisingly I got my butt whipped in round 1 of the cup. The other manager must have thought he/she came up against a dead team. They beat me easily with 2 players in their 11 scoring zero points!
I’m in a bit of disarray at the moment so if you have any advice it will be highly appreciated.
Cheers
Daz

dod
FISOhead
FS Record: I have never won FPL.

Post by dod »

Your team isn't that bad. You had a bit of bad luck last GW. There was no way you could have known about the GK situation.

Your transfer however was baffling :? . Not because you missed out on Ings' 13 pts (you'd have benched him anyway) but because you wasted a transfer to bring in a player who most of the time is going to sit 3rd on your bench and may never be used. Worse, he isn't even the best or cheapest option for that role - Kamara is.

If you wanted to downgrade Ings to save some money you would have been much better off saving the FT and doing it when you needed to or at least waiting until you had 2FTs and no other priorities in your team. This is the 4th time this season you've used a transfer on a position that isn't worth bothering with. That's 16pts or in ranking terms about 90k places :shock: .

My advice would be whenever you are making a decision think about how you would justify that decision to another manager and if you can't come up with anything convincing then don't make that play.

Dazzab
Treebeard

Post by Dazzab »

dod wrote: 17 Dec 2018, 13:11 Your team isn't that bad. You had a bit of bad luck last GW. There was no way you could have known about the GK situation.

Your transfer however was baffling :? . Not because you missed out on Ings' 13 pts (you'd have benched him anyway) but because you wasted a transfer to bring in a player who most of the time is going to sit 3rd on your bench and may never be used. Worse, he isn't even the best or cheapest option for that role - Kamara is.

If you wanted to downgrade Ings to save some money you would have been much better off saving the FT and doing it when you needed to or at least waiting until you had 2FTs and no other priorities in your team. This is the 4th time this season you've used a transfer on a position that isn't worth bothering with. That's 16pts or in ranking terms about 90k places :shock: .

My advice would be whenever you are making a decision think about how you would justify that decision to another manager and if you can't come up with anything convincing then don't make that play.
Thanks dod!
Yeah for some reason I chose that transfer to save some money. I think it was some of the talk and hearing of people getting Success on here recently that swayed me that way. I had Kamara earlier this season for no luck so I went with someone else. Please note I’m not trying to justify the decision as being a worthy move by any means. Your point on how to justify a move is something I need to practice. I think I just wanted someone who I felt had a decent chance of playing and I didn’t know Ings did this week. I was one click away from making it Rondon for his fixtures of hud and ful.

Quick question if you don’t mind. Do free transfers effect your rank? I see your point on my 4 bad transfers but unsure how they would change my rank.

I suppose this weeks transfer should be for a keeper if necessary. Fabianski seems a good option?

Thanks again for your time. Apologies for the eye rolling beginner moves!! :roll:

dod
FISOhead
FS Record: I have never won FPL.

Post by dod »

Dazzab wrote: 17 Dec 2018, 20:36
dod wrote: 17 Dec 2018, 13:11 Your team isn't that bad. You had a bit of bad luck last GW. There was no way you could have known about the GK situation.

Thanks dod!
Yeah for some reason I chose that transfer to save some money. I think it was some of the talk and hearing of people getting Success on here recently that swayed me that way. I had Kamara earlier this season for no luck so I went with someone else. Please note I’m not trying to justify the decision as being a worthy move by any means. Your point on how to justify a move is something I need to practice. I think I just wanted someone who I felt had a decent chance of playing and I didn’t know Ings did this week. I was one click away from making it Rondon for his fixtures of hud and ful.

Quick question if you don’t mind. Do free transfers effect your rank? I see your point on my 4 bad transfers but unsure how they would change my rank.

I suppose this weeks transfer should be for a keeper if necessary. Fabianski seems a good option?

Thanks again for your time. Apologies for the eye rolling beginner moves!! :roll:
No transfers don't affect your rank but a hit (transfer) costs 4pts. I think of FTs as hits I've already paid for so in effect you wasted 16pts (this is an approximation, transfers are sometimes worth less than 4pts but that's too complicated to go in to here :lol: ).

Transfers are valuable and shouldn't be wasted on upgrading your sub GK or 3rd on the bench. Also FTs are much more useful if you have two rather than one. You should have saved your FT last GW.

Upgrading to Rondon wouldn't be worth it unless you plan on actually playing him. If he is just going to sit on your bench you should stick with Success. It's just not worth a transfer to swap him again. Personally I think Ings is a very good option or at least will be if he stays fit until his fixtures turn.

Good luck.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”