To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

RuudTheDudeVanTheManThePistolVanNistel's RMT

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

Re: RuudTheDudeVanTheManThePistolVanNistel's RMT

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

Guess that was a waste of a FH got 85 points and my usual team would have got 81(-4). Like my team for this week, was thinking about getting Jota but if he's still doubtful on Friday I'll roll and then do Digne, Rich and Martial :arrow: Cheapish def, Son and Jota next week for -4.

Left .3 itb on my free hit which could have got me a starting Spurs defender instead of Rose, what a waste by me!

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

So I have 9 for gw31:
Allison
Robertson Ogbonna
Salah Hazard Anderson Bacuna
Vardy Rondon

Gonna roll my transfer with 2mil itb and probably do Salah :arrow: Sterling, Rondon :arrow: Rashford and possibly take a hit to get a city/chelsea/united defender. Could use a transfer this week and get a Chelsea defender but don't want to risk a shock in the cup and not convinced by them so probably better to wait and get a city defender. Hoping Mendy or Laporte are back by then.

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

Early days but pretty happy with this so far:
Screenshot (40).png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cymbalrush84
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in Pendulum Swingers Super League 2006/7

Post by cymbalrush84 »

To have a Brighton block, you must be totally confident in them having a good season. Maybe use that confidence in them by losing either Dunk or Ryan and have Knockaert instead of Brooks and be able to afford yourself a better forward than DCL, any forward 6m or less is a punt or a stab in the dark.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

Yeah definitely too much Brighton! This looks better:
Screenshot (41).png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dod
FISOhead
FS Record: I have never won FPL.

Post by dod »

It does.

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

Latest draft:
Screenshot (42).png

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

I guess the last decision I have is to either go with:
Zinchenko, VVD, Siggy, Wilson
or
Laporte, Robertson, Fraser, Kean

Quite fancy a punt on the Kean side :)

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

WC first draft, no Aguero but you can't have em all I guess:
Screenshot (5).png

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

I created a money league last year with a few of the lads from work, just a tenor each and ended up winning by 300 points, which was nice :). This year we got a few more people from work to join including two of the girls who have never played the game before. It adds a good bit of banter to the place especially if your working the weekend and have to miss most of the football :x.

Anyway one of the girls has a passing interest in football and the other is a fairly enthusiastic United fan who has just nabbed first place off me by smashing it with Aguero(c). Two of them are now in the top 4 out of the 9 of us and I have the Kun fear :cry: :cry: !!!!! The man is lethal he's scored like his last 7 shots on target or something nuts like that and you know his hat trick is coming very soon with the pipe defences of Norwich and Watford(who I think he banged 5 against in a game last year) up next.

I've always had Aguero pretty much every year since he joined Citeh, I even remember banding him on his debut and being gutted that he started on the bench only to see him come on at half time to bag 2 goals, an assist and the 3 bonus for a 30 pointer so I've had a soft spot for him ever since even as a United fan. The wonders of fpl huh! Think he also hasn't been included in the Argie squad so he should be nice and fresh for the Norwich game which is terrifying me when think about not having him for such a fixture. No matter what Wildcard team I look at, if it doesn't have him I'm just not happy with it and I want to enjoy the game so dammit I think I'm gonna go heavy on the premiums, bigshstyle.

First thought was to get Otamendi in with Laporte out but surely they are a weaker defence overall without him(she has Ederson) and I think I have to match her having Aguero and punish that she doesn't have Sterling plus I can't stand not having Aguero it just feels wrong I tells ya!. Also I know I'd rather have Kun over Otamendi every day of the week and twice on Sunday (where I'm usually quickly glancing and at the scores on my phone while the boss isn't looking). Anyway think I have come up with a way to get Kun, KDB and somehow keep Sterling and Salah which is probably madness but it could work :twisted: . 7 would play every week with 4 out of Minger, Lundsy, Canty, Guendousit and Ayew playing. Still have 0.5 itb as well!
Screenshot (6).png

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

It’s Veela rly in the season to be worrying too much about matching one particular rival. My first advice would be to play your own game - it’s not until the last few weeks that you need to lay that way.

Intrigued, I checked the League you mean. She’s not made a transfer, has she? That’s someone you can beat without creating such an imbalanced team. Yes, you’d have Aguero. But with so many other premium players the rest of the squad is threadbare.

At the other end of the price scale, Rico has seemingly been dropped. He only played the first game and then didn’t get picked when Daniels re-injured himself.
Greenwood only gets a few minutes. As a United fan you’ll know more about him than me, but it seems like he’s going to be gently introduced.
Ayew looks to be ahead of Benteke at the moment. Will that last? I’d say that Ayew is a good 3rd striker not 2nd
That leaves your squad very weak if just one player gets injured.
Elsewhere you’ve gone for bargains. Nothing wrong with one or two of those, but over time I’d expect a more balanced team to come out on top. There’s so much value if you downgrade one of your expensive premiums. It doesn’t have to be Aguero - keep him and match her. If she’s not going to make transfers it shouldn’t be too difficult to rotate your midfield premium players based on fixtures

Good luck

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote: 02 Sep 2019, 05:13 just a tenor each
I hope you got Pavarotti. He was the best.

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 02 Sep 2019, 16:07
RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote: 02 Sep 2019, 05:13 just a tenor each
I hope you got Pavarotti. He was the best.
Well I do feel like the fat lady is singing for my team but gotta remember it's still only the opening act.

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

Mount and James flagged but think I'm just gonna roll the transfer and let Greenwood and Rico cover if either or both are out. If James is out I reckon Greenwood will start as Martial is defo injured.
Screenshot (22).png

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

Had 2 frees used 1 doing James :arrow: Yarmolenko. Now debating whether to use the other to do KDB :arrow: Mahrez/D Silva. If I go for Mahrez I would still have enough ITB to reverse the transfer after this week but seems very hokey pokey.

If I went with Silva I would have enough to do Pukki :arrow: Vardy for next GW. I am reluctant to lose KDB though and there's no guarantee Silva or Mahrez even start but I think D Silva should as he is retired from International footie so will have a nice rest after this weekend. Also Mahrez has games with Algeria on the 10th, the 15th and the 18th which is 1 day before City play next so not sure what the story is there!

Currently lining up with Pereira in my 1st 11 who I had planned on benching b4 KDB's injury:
Screenshot (31).png

noelix
Treebeard
FS Record: Nothing of note

Post by noelix »

I read that Mahrez will not be playing in this international break because the tournament is for players in their country's domestic league only - may affect your decision!

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

noelix wrote: 07 Oct 2019, 15:06 I read that Mahrez will not be playing in this international break because the tournament is for players in their country's domestic league only - may affect your decision!
Cheers man didn't know that. Went for D SIlva in the end who was cheaper and ended up getting 2 more points than Mahrez,woohoo. So I'm now going to get Vardy for Pukki provided there are no injuries for any of my players over the International break. Was pretty gutted when D Silva hit the bar with his free kick though which would have made it a totally different game and Otamendi may have kept his clean sheet and some bonus too, oh well!

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

Thinking twice about getting Vardy now mainly because it makes bringing KDB back in quite tricky. If I do Pukki :arrow: King (Who has has Norwich and Watford next :D ) instead then I can do Silva :arrow: KDB the following week. Gives me a week to see how KDB gets on vs Palace fitness wise, before his nice looking 2 home games.

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

60 points this week, small drop from 20k to 23k. Made probably one of the dumbest transfers ever on hindsight doing Sterling :arrow: KDB and captaining him. That alone cost me a green arrow this week :oops:

But on the plus side I now have plenty in the bank and can erase the memory of Callum Wilson ever being in my team and dump him for Vardy my original target in GW 9 before I foolishly changed my mind. So the team would look like this for GW 11:
Screenshot (36).png
GW 12: Could then do Yarmolenko :arrow: 6.5 mid and bench Otamendi vs Pool while playing Rico.
GW 13: Otamendi :arrow: Robertson

Might possibly keep Yarmolenko still and use the money to replace Pope in GW 15.

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

Used my free this week to do Abraham :arrow: Ings, considered doing Maddison :arrow: Mahrez for a hit but all this talk of Ciara storming around the place means I will refrain from taking my 1st hit of the season. Only 2 blankers for GW28 but 31 not looking great yet need some luck in the FA cup I reckon, although I still have wildcard, BB and FH. Currently ranked 52k. So this is my team for the weekend:

Screenshot (57).png

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

Been a while since I updated this, up to 30k now and trying to beat my 17k from last year. Planning to do Simpson :arrow: Stephens in case 1 of my defenders misses out, don't want Lascelles subbing in. Currently benching Jiménez, even though I'm not sure if Jesus will start the next one. This is how we're looking for the next gameweek:

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

I can understand the Jimenez benching, but feel it will end in tears this week.

I brought in Foden as a bench Fodder and have him captain this week 😳

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

Stevieste wrote: 07 Jul 2020, 12:48 I can understand the Jimenez benching, but feel it will end in tears this week.

I brought in Foden as a bench Fodder and have him captain this week 😳
Yeah does feel like it's gonna haunt me but I have him in draft so that should soften the blow. Good luck with Foden, he looks to be playing very far forward 8-)

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

Still undecided whether or not to take my 1st hit of the season. This my team atm:

Patricio
TAA Doherty Aurier
KDB Son Fernandes Martial Foden
Jesus Greenwood

Martin Giroud Stephens Lascelles 3.2 itb

Was originally planning Giroud :arrow: Wood/Ings but worried about my defenders with Lascelles injured, Stephens dropped/rotated and Aurier potentially away.

Could just do Lascelles :arrow: Tarkowski and hope Greenwood and Foden start.

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

Well the 1st gameweek went pretty well with 78 points in the bag. Used my free to do Alli :arrow: Jam Rod and was planning on doing Dier :arrow: Digne for a hit but had a think about it and there were quite a few other worries with my team. Besides being completely fooled by Spurs pre season, Southampton really made me reconsider whether I want McCarthy and Adams.

I get the feeling McCarthy and Adams are both going to be dropped for the Spurs game which would leave me without a goalie. I picked Coady as I was unsure who would drop out after the signing of Marcal. Werner being doubtful with a tough fixture also didn't help so I opted for the wildcard :mrgreen:

McCarthy :arrow: Guaita
Nyland :arrow: Button
Dier :arrow: Digne
Coady :arrow: Saiss
ASM :arrow: Jorginho
Werner :arrow: Martial
Adams :arrow: Wilson

So it's looking like this for GW2:
Screenshot (127).png
Guaita's immediate fixtures aren't great but he should make some save points and he could come away with a clean sheet from 1 of the next 3. But after those 3 games he has a very nice run so he'll be set and forget for a long time. Button probably has more of a chance of playing now that he's moved to West Brom. Dier has no attacking threat so much happier to have Digne long term. Saiss is a nice upgrade on Coady for the same price. Jorginho saves me .5 and he's on pens :mrgreen: . Martial has a lovely run of games so happy to be doubled on United. Wilson should be nailed so he seems to be a safer bet than Adams.

Next week's transfer should be Auba :arrow: KDB/Sterling

Only question I have now is whether to start Jorginho or Saiss???

Fuzzy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: meh

Post by Fuzzy »

If you’re not going to play your 5.0m midfielder on pens at home, in preference to a defender up against a fresh Man City, I find myself wondering why you have the 5.0m midfielder at all?

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

Yeah Jorgi boy has to start I guess!

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

Current team with 2 frees and 0.0 itb:
Screenshot (182).png
Reckon I'll do James :arrow: Lowton/Mee this week and if I do Salah :arrow: KDB/Sterling next week that would give me a full 11 for the BGW 18 of:

Guaita,
Dias, Targett, Burnley defender,
City mid, Fernandes, Grealish, Son, Burke,
Kane, Wilson

So I'd then have 2 frees going into DGW 19 where i would do Guaita :arrow: Meslier(finally!) and I would have 1 more free to possibly get Salah back or do Wilson :arrow: DGW striker or even Kane :arrow: Aguero if I'm feeling ballsy enough. Triple captain on City mid/Salah as I still have Mitchell and ain't got a playing 2nd keeper.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote: 01 Jan 2021, 02:18 So I'd then have 2 frees going into DGW 19 where i would do Guaita :arrow: Meslier(finally!)
I'll believe it when I see it. :lol:

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

On the FH this week but haven't pushed the button yet. I've got 12 for GW 36 so just waiting for Europa games to be played and team news on Friday before confirming, although prices may start rising quickly now. Have exact funds for:

Henderson
TAA, Robertson, Digne
Salah, Fernandes, Rashford, Zaha
DCL, Iheanacho, Watkins

3.9 GK, Saka, 3.9 Def, 3.8 Def

Had planned to have Shaw but I'm thinking maybe Henderson will be the best bet to play all 3.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”