To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

RuudTheDudeVanTheManThePistolVanNistel's RMT

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Re: RuudTheDudeVanTheManThePistolVanNistel's RMT

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Why Rashford over Greenwood? Are you not worried about Rashford carrying an injury? Greenwood seems more durable and more of a goal threat too. I'm not sure he starts all three but I think he's more likely to than Rashford.

The rest looks class.

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

Yeah nothing decided yet, if Greenwood is on the bench vs Roma I'll probably go for him but Rashford has started every single league game this season bar 2! I have Greenwood in my non FH team but maybe Rashford would be more of a differential vs most of the teams above me? Greenwood will share some minutes with Cavani but will get some time at CF so it's one to think about I guess. Rashford has had a decent rest with the Pool game getting called off so maybe he's back to 100% now.

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

Ended up going with

Henderson
TAA, Digne, Castagne
Salah, Mane, Bruno, Greenwood, Zaha
Watkins, Iheanacho

Had DCL in all my drafts until today I noticed Rodriguez is out for the 1st game so Everton might struggle to create chances. Wanted triple Pool but didn't want to double on any defences so said I'd take a punt on Mane as my differential. Bertrand is missing for Southampton so hoping Liverpool's wide men can take advantage and also United might be wrecked by the time they face Liverpool.

Good luck everybody, let the carnage commence!

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Looks good. Mane is an interesting differential

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

First Sancho draft with Bruno still in the mix:

Bachmann,
TAA, James, Digne,
Salah, Bruno, Sancho, Smith-Rowe,
Watkins, Toney, Welbeck,

Sanchez, Brownhill, White, Williams

I kinda like it! Two 4.5 keepers which I'm still unsure about and James could become AWB depending on who's actually available for GW1 but with Shaw and possibly Maguire not ready for the Leeds game not sure I'd want a United defender from the start.

Keeping an eye on the likes of Willock, Abraham, Lingard etc and of course Kane who could change up the landscape some more if they switch clubs but TAA, Digne, Salah, Watkins, Toney and one of Sanchez or Bachmann if not both are looking like locks to me.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote: 23 Jul 2021, 17:56 First Sancho draft with Bruno still in the mix:

Bachmann,
TAA, James, Digne,
Watkins, Toney, Welbeck,

I kinda like it! Two 4.5 keepers which I'm still unsure about and James could become AWB depending on who's actually available for GW1 but with Shaw and possibly Maguire not ready for the Leeds game not sure I'd want a United defender from the start.

Keeping an eye on the likes of Willock, Abraham, Lingard etc and of course Kane who could change up the landscape some more if they switch clubs but TAA, Digne, Salah, Watkins, Toney and one of Sanchez or Bachmann if not both are looking like locks to me.
Nothing wrong with it unless Toney/Welbeck misfire, then you have nowhere to go without money in the bank. There's an awful lot of strikers in the 7.5-8.5mn mark that are quality and you're stuck for getting up to them. And the reason for that is you've opted for Fernandes AND Sancho.

I'd personally go for one of Sanchez or Bachmann, not both. I like the ESR pick.

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

Sutter Kane wrote: 23 Jul 2021, 19:30
RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote: 23 Jul 2021, 17:56 First Sancho draft with Bruno still in the mix:

Bachmann,
TAA, James, Digne,
Watkins, Toney, Welbeck,

Nothing wrong with it unless Toney/Welbeck misfire, then you have nowhere to go without money in the bank. There's an awful lot of strikers in the 7.5-8.5mn mark that are quality and you're stuck for getting up to them. And the reason for that is you've opted for Fernandes AND Sancho.

I'd personally go for one of Sanchez or Bachmann, not both. I like the ESR pick.
Yeah I started out having the likes of DCL, Iheanacho or Antonio but I've gone off them for various reasons. I wouldn't be too sure Everton will score as much with Benitez especially if the likes of Rodriguez and Sigurdsson aren't there to set him up and their winger signings don't look amazing.

Leicester attack looks tricky to call with Barnes and Maddison back and the new striker they've signed so could be a bit of a rotation minefield.

Then West Ham have Europe so more games for Antonio to play so I'd be worried about injuries with him constantly.

Toney is 100% nailed, on pens and the talisman so I'm not too worried about him but Welbeck is the one I'm unsure of really. Could move to PukkI once Norwich are done their tougher opening fixtures but really looking for Abraham to move somewhere he can play every week, then I'd just pick one of the 4.5 keepers and downgrade the other to fund Tammy.

Bachmann and Sanchez rotate perfectly though so maybe with fans back having a home keeper every week might be worth it.

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

Screenshot (16).png
That's how it's looking atm. Only picking players that have had a proper pre-season so Bruno, Shaw and DCL are out. Watkins is out as well after the Ings and Grealish news so I think I'll start with Antonio and switch to Jimenez once West Ham start their European games.

1.5 mil itb to do Havertz :arrow: Son in GW2 or I could start with Mahrez instead of Gundogan and then do Havertz :arrow: Alli in GW2.

Nothing set in stone yet but it's starting to take shape :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 22:08 Only picking players that have had a proper pre-season so Bruno, Shaw and DCL are out.
How much of a pre-season do you need to score a few penalties? :wink:

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 05 Aug 2021, 01:25
RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 22:08 Only picking players that have had a proper pre-season so Bruno, Shaw and DCL are out.
How much of a pre-season do you need to score a few penalties? :wink:
He might not be getting as many soft ones this season...https://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/p ... 13124.html

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

Bruno and Shaw looking good so far. Hope they both play more than 60 minutes, if so I'm gonna find it hard to go without.

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

Screenshot (1).png
So after a few weeks of tinkering I've come back to pretty much the 1st draft I made when the game launched :lol: My initial thinking was that I wanted triple Man United and Liverpool given their fixtures and although I stuck with the 3 Pool players through most drafts (switching between Robertson and Jota) I did waver on the United trio going from 3 to 2 to 1 at various stages.

Greenwood has started all 4 of United's friendlies and given Cavani hasn't returned yet, Rashford is injured, Sancho is yet to be integrated and Martial is rubbish, Mason looks a lock to start vs Leeds (and hopefully lead the line). My only worry with Shaw was whether he was ready to start but he looked quality again today, getting forward well and putting in a few nice corners to boot. The break looks to have done Bruno good, he took his free kick beautifully and had a few decent shots and looked fresh.

TAA and Salah have been in every draft and it looks like Jota will start in the front 3 vs a possibly covid hit Norwich. Add in the fact that Jota and Greenwood are powerful differentials with good fixtures and possibly playing OOP then they just become too good to turn down.

Everton were piss poor today but given the fixtures and Digne's potentially greater share of set pieces I'm leaning towards keeping him. Raphinha picks himself really and will likely be a season keeper at that price. Hoping that Toney just has a little niggle and is good to go for GW1 as it would be a little tricky to replace him.

Happy enough with the Bachmann/Foster combo but will keep an eye on the fitness of Sanchez. Ben White seems like the sensible choice at 4.5, Andrew O has started all of Norwich's friendlies thus far so he makes sense as the 4.0 defender and Obafemi must surely be the 4.5 mil striker with the best chance of points after Ings left and Keinan Davis' injury.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

I'd be quite happy to stick with my current front 2 given that there seems to be so many question marks around a lot of the mid price forwards:
DCL- Injured and has a new, historically defensive manager
Watkins- Possibly playing out wide due to the arrival of Ings
Bamford- Priced up and at risk of reduced minutes with Rodrigo lurking
Wilson- Seems to be plagued with niggles (although he did feature today)
Iheanacho- Seems to be a rotation risk with the options in attack for Leicester now with everyone fit
Cavani- Yet to be seen in pre season and not getting any younger albeit still a quality striker

Ings is the one of real interest and I might end up going with him so it'll be interesting to see how he does for Villa tomorrow. Other than that it's the premium options which don't really interest me much early doors. Kane won't feature in GW1 and possibly GW2 or GW3 depending on how long his transfer situation rumbles on. Lukaku may or may not play in GW1 vs Palace and Chelsea's fixtures then turn ugly until GW7, which most would agree seems like the optimal time for a wildcard.

huwdo
FISOhead

Post by huwdo »

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote: 07 Aug 2021, 21:44 I'd be quite happy to stick with my current front 2 given that there seems to be so many question marks around a lot of the mid price forwards:
Iheanacho- Seems to be a rotation risk with the options in attack for Leicester now with everyone fit
Cavani- Yet to be seen in pre season and not getting any younger albeit still a quality striker

Ings is the one of real interest and I might end up going with him so it'll be interesting to see how he does for Villa tomorrow. Other than that it's the premium options which don't really interest me much early doors. Kane won't feature in GW1 and possibly GW2 or GW3 depending on how long his transfer situation rumbles on. Lukaku may or may not play in GW1 vs Palace and Chelsea's fixtures then turn ugly until GW7, which most would agree seems like the optimal time for a wildcard.
How about Wood or Adams over Toney, given their PL experience...

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Wood was in Tokyo....

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

huwdo wrote: 07 Aug 2021, 22:20
RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote: 07 Aug 2021, 21:44 I'd be quite happy to stick with my current front 2 given that there seems to be so many question marks around a lot of the mid price forwards:

They're not the sexiest of alternatives really are they?! Southampton haven't signed anyone bar a few new full backs to replace Bertrand and Ings is gone plus JWP is injured which will stunt their creativity. And Wood, well he plays for Burnley :lol: But seriously they've also signed nobody and both teams have mixed opening fixtures at best. Not for me!

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

blahblah wrote: 07 Aug 2021, 22:25 Wood was in Tokyo....
Big Wood in little Tokyo :lol:

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote: 07 Aug 2021, 22:30
Stop it, I'm trying to be mature 😂😂😂😂

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

blahblah wrote: 07 Aug 2021, 22:32
RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote: 07 Aug 2021, 22:30
Stop it, I'm trying to be mature 😂😂😂😂
Whatever you're into :lol:

huwdo
FISOhead

Post by huwdo »

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote: 07 Aug 2021, 22:28

They're not the sexiest of alternatives really are they?! Southampton haven't signed anyone bar a few new full backs to replace Bertrand and Ings is gone plus JWP is injured which will stunt their creativity. And Wood, well he plays for Burnley :lol: But seriously they've also signed nobody and both teams have mixed opening fixtures at best. Not for me!
Fair enough! (and yea, hadn't spotted that Wood was in the Olympics... back to the drawing board..)

I'm still pretty wary of promoted strikers.. Although obviously Pukki is the justifiable counter on that..

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

huwdo wrote: 07 Aug 2021, 22:34

Fair enough! (and yea, hadn't spotted that Wood was in the Olympics... back to the drawing board..)

I'm still pretty wary of promoted strikers.. Although obviously Pukki is the justifiable counter on that..
Bamford wasn't bad last season either! Or Jimenez when Wolves came up now that I think of it. But the main draw with Toney is he seems to be involved whenever Brentford score. Think he had something like 50% goal involvement for them last season, throw in the penalties and he's a lock for me fitness permitting. Jimenez is the other interesting one when Wolves' fixtures improve in GW4, so I'll be keeping an eye on him in the opening weeks of the season.

cymbalrush84
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in Pendulum Swingers Super League 2006/7

Post by cymbalrush84 »

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote:
huwdo wrote: 07 Aug 2021, 22:34

Bamford wasn't bad last season either! Or Jimenez when Wolves came up now that I think of it. But the main draw with Toney is he seems to be involved whenever Brentford score. Think he had something like 50% goal involvement for them last season, throw in the penalties and he's a lock for me fitness permitting. Jimenez is the other interesting one when Wolves' fixtures improve in GW4, so I'll be keeping an eye on him in the opening weeks of the season.
Jimenez has been pretty sharp this pre-season.

Just want to point that out for anyone who had qualms about him post-injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

So GW1 went pretty damn well, 102 points is a nice start and my players seem to have come through unscathed in terms of injuries. My initial plan for GW2 was to roll but I'm getting that urge to do a bit of tinkering already! When I decided on my GW1 team I had Ings :arrow: Jimenez/DCL planned for GW4 but nothing else penciled in in terms of transfers for the first few weeks.

Barnes :arrow: Benrahma is in my mind, which might seem a bit knee-jerk at first but I can't see any moves I'd even want to make in GW3 so what would be the point in rolling this week? 3 of Barnes' next 4 fixtures are away from home, while 3 of Benrahma's next 4 are at home.This would create the funds to get DCL in for GW4 and also I'm slightly worried that Barnes could be benched for Iheanacho next week and while it could also be Perez who makes way I don't want to have that doubt. There's even the possibility that Leicester go to 5 at the back (I believe they did when Vestegaard came on) which means 1 of the front players would likely make way.

Pretty much talked myself into it now I reckon :lol: At least I'm not wildcarding after a good GW1 like I did last season (it went quite poorly :cry: )

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

I've played an absolute blinder with my transfers this week, brought in Dennis and James who are both now flagged :lol: In fairness I knew about the Dennis knock and planned to bench him anyway but the James injury is a real kick in the nuts. Had exact funds so had to move for James a few nights ago before his price rise but kind of regretting not going for Alonso now or even Broja instead of Dennis.

Sounds like Foden will only play a bit part for City this week too so now considering my first hit of the season to get Jota. Or should I just trust the bench?
Screenshot (60).png

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Foden->Jota looks okay for a hit, although you might want Foden for 16. I've done it because I want Gundogan next week.

Alonso.. can't get him now. Similar to you, I feel I should've got him instead of Reece.

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

SirMattBugsby wrote: 30 Nov 2021, 17:23 Foden->Jota looks okay for a hit, although you might want Foden for 16. I've done it because I want Gundogan next week.

Alonso.. can't get him now. Similar to you, I feel I should've got him instead of Reece.
Took the hit! Foden ain't worth the headache and Jota was the player that I was afraid of not owning this week plus he should be more or less nailed for a good while with Firmino injured and the AFCON coming up. Bit of change in the bank for future moves now also helps. Had a bad feeling about James when I got him, always had terrible timing with him in the past :roll:

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

So I've maybe got 7 players for the weekend
Screenshot (75).png
Could get 8 with Gilmour :arrow: Ramsey. Have enough to get Martinelli but any hits to get Laca or Watkins in for Ronaldo would price me out of getting Ronaldo back immediately. Thinking about FHing to something like this:
Screenshot (74).png
But is there any point in risking wasting the FH when more games could get scrapped? Could just accept a crap week when plenty others will be in the same boat. Proper dilly of a pickle so it is :roll:

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

Might just do Gilmour :arrow: Ramsey and then Livramento :arrow: Tomiyasu/Targett for a -4. Annoyingly can't afford Cash. :roll:

I could then add Ronaldo :arrow: Lacazette for -8 and would have just enough to bring Ronaldo back in future, plus Lacazette has Norwich next after the Leeds game. Leeds are ravaged with injuries in key areas and I'd fancy Arsenal to put a hurting on them, despite their shaky away form. Hopefully he'll still be on pens but the fact that he had the armband makes me very confident he'll be leading the line for the next few games and he was brilliant vs West Ham despite the missed pen.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

If this was a one-week issue the free hit would be more enticing. As it is I’d look to manage your way through it as per your later post. Maybe even avoid the -8 unless it’s for players in the first games. It’d be really annoying to take a hit for someone playing later on Sunday, only for that game to be cancelled.

On the same lines, if I was to free hit this week I’d stock up on players with a Saturday game, both in my starting 11 and definitively on the bench. Those games are least likely to be cancelled after the FPL deadline

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

WC active mainly due to wanting to get the hell away from this self inflicted mess of a team:
Screenshot (84).png
Currently on this:
Screenshot (85).png
Gives me 9 doubles this week (once the Chelsea one is probably announced) with 9.1 in the bank to do Coutinho :arrow: Son, Jiménez :arrow: Kane and Ait Nouri :arrow: Matip for a GW29 BB albeit for -8 but with 11 doubles. Would mean benching Cancelo this week though which I don't like so may just have Matip on the WC and bench him instead. Also means just a -4 next week to enable the BB.

Most people are going for one of the 3 Wolves CBs which I can understand especially if you plan to hold them long term but I just think Ait Nouri will come back in after his rest (Jiménez too) and with 5 days between their games in the double they should be fine to play both. Plus Wolves are at home for both games so I reckon Lage will play the more attacking Ait Nouri. But at the same time I really wouldn't be surprised if Cancelo outscored him in 1 game, he ran the show vs Man United at Old Trafford earlier in the season and unless we are playing Leeds we struggle to score!

Got 2 FHs left so more than likely to use one in GW30 and attack the next 2 GWs as best I can :mrgreen:
Last edited by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan on 04 Mar 2022, 16:32, edited 2 times in total.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”