To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

RMT Onz

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Re: RMT Oxford NZ 18/19

Post by Oxford NZ »

Baring injuries I am contemplating Mendy to a bench 4.5 to rotate with Wan Bissaka for next week.
This will free up more funds to go for an upgrade in a mid or forward for a -4 .
12 points in hits so far this season and a falling OR has me a bit worried.
I traditionally get the big player clashes wrong so playing Alonso over Robertson this week will not be a shock if it goes pear shaped. The big decision is do I drop Firmino and play Pereyra?

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Oxford NZ wrote: 27 Sep 2018, 21:09 After the disaster of the last two GW's I avoided the temptation to give up.
Only one transfer done. This will be the week that PVA scores points now that he has gone for Trippier.
:oops:

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

One ft, 1.0 itb
For a hit I would like to upgrade 1 mid to have 2 premium mids and down grade one to pay for it.
Mane, KDB, Sterling or even Pogba are under consideration atm, but I have two weeks to sort that out.
Aguero may be dropped to pay for it and I will have to keep an eye on the S2 position for his replacement. Vardy fits the spot nicely but will wait and see.
Mendy comes back into the fray as well so Alonso to Mendy would be nice but not essential.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Very similar to mine: you are fooked.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

blahblah wrote: 05 Oct 2018, 23:10 Very similar to mine: you are fooked.
:shock: :oops: :lol:

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Aguero dropped 0.1 so should have done my move earlier for Vardy, who went up by 0.1.
Too much can happen between now and GW deadline so a loss of 0.2 is not too bad ?

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Missing a City defender and a Liverpool mid for this week I think. Mendy, Salah and KDB are on the wish list but that will have to wait for another week or three.
0.1 ITB TV 103.7

Alison ( Hamer)
Alonso, Robertson, Trippier, Doherty, ( AWB)
Hazard, Richarlison, Fraser ( Pogba, Pereyra)
Kane, Vardy, Ings

Not an Ideal team for this week but hey ho. Choice of captain will be critical and atm Richarlison has it but it could go to Robertson yet.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

You know that there are no games this weekend?

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

blahblah wrote: 12 Oct 2018, 10:49 You know that there are no games this weekend?
Yup, Just bored with the international break and not much going on here. Just waiting for the news that half my team got injured. So far only Fraser flagged.
Less than a week to deadline though :-)

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

RMT Onz 19/20

Post by Oxford NZ »

Not been on here for a while but here goes.
Average start to 2019 season, and a lucky GW2 captain saved me from the depths of the FPL table.
WC activated with 3.0 itb for a Sterling / Salah upgrade if required.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Re: RMT Onz 19/20

Post by Oxford NZ »

Or this defence spending cut high value mid team? No pool and a hit to get one defender upgrade in a week or so. Salah needs to drop or Sterling rise in the next two weeks as well.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Or go from Kane to Salah?

Being sensible, I have those 2 and Sterling and expect to drop to 2 of them in due course.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Hits do not count in 5AS so taking one for team :)
GW11 BB team. -12 taken so far with the bench boost to make me feel better about the hits.
Woods flagged with a hamstring problem is not the best news but heyho.
GW11.jpg
Another -4 for Woods would wipe out the BB but is still a possibility.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Re: RMT Onz 20/21

Post by Oxford NZ »

I have not been in here for quite a while due to FPL apathy but we are approaching another BGW/DGW and the mid point of the season.
I have used the fist WC but I have been unusually good and still have all the other chips intact.
The plan until today was to FH18 and BB19
This is how we stand atm going into GW15 having taken a -8 to spend some of my last weeks points and put 1.4 itb
Onz.jpg
Trying not to take any more hits so the plan was/is, with the GW16 FT Fernandez to Son
GW17 Grealish to Foden is a possibility banking the money to upgrade Bellerin to Robertson / TAA in GW19
FH GW18
DGW19 with no KDB / Sterling will be a pain, so I am going to have to scrap the above and start again :roll:
At least I have two goal keepers for the BB so I know that will be my GW20 transfer to shift one of them.
Writing this down sort of helps to visualise my failings, so my apologies to those having the misfortune to have stumbled in here.

Stormrider
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner Fantasy Football Scotland 2021/22

Post by Stormrider »

Hi Oxford,

We are having the same starting front 7 I see. So I like the team :). You are ahead in regards to the players ready for the dgw 19. Two keepers, good defence, looks good!

Seing, you have Bellerin and plan th FW in gw18 - what about downgrade Bellerin to a 4.5 (Hammers?); that should give you the funds for Grealish to Son and you were already set? Or a -4 in gw19 to downgrade Kane and upgrade Romeu? Good luck anyway!

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

^ Good luckto you Sr and thanks for the -4 Bellerin Grealish to Son but I need to make 0.6 on Bellerin so only 4.4 to spend on a DGW player.
-4 DCL to Wood and Grealish to Son works though. It could be done over two GW's but I want Son for Fulham and Leeds.
Wood has good prospects for GW16 and 17 and doubles in DGW19 but against Pool and West Ham. Waiting for the GW to be over and the injury situation known so a couple of days of patience required, not one of my strong points so that -4 could turn into another -8.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Rambling blurb. apologies in advance.
So far the -8 has paid off to the tune of an 8 point gain, that is not including the 6 on the bench for McCarthy who will pay his way in DGW19.
last weeks transfer was Brewster to Bamford and that coming good strengthen the bench.
The plans to get Son in are up in the air atm, the only way is for a hit and remove players that are doing well so it will all come down to my knee jerk reaction to the match today. His ownership is so high so any points for him are rank killers and gambling against him not scoring could turn a bald man grey.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Plans all changed now, I have burnt any chance of saving the FH by selling DCL ( before his price dropped) for Wood. 2.7 itb for DGW players or a -4 to get Son.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Blank GW did not go too badly {51 (-8)} but the squad is a bit out of balance, too much spend in defence and the two playing keepers are preventing getting Liverpool coverage.
I have contemplated a WC to have better structure but discarded that thought until things start to go pear shaped or a big fixture change.
I have done OK from the recent hit fest but that can not be sustained so playing the DGW with what I have and being able to make two FT in GW20 would be best.
On the wish list is a change in mid field funded by the defence / goal keeper down grade after the double. KDB is knackered and will be due a rest or his performance will drop off so he is not going to justify his money against Grealish, Rashford and even Foden. Chelsea mids and or forwards look very interesting and are at a good price as well so I will be watching their matches over the double with more than the usual interest.
0.4 itb BB DGW19, FH, WC and TC still to play
Leno
Bellerin Dias Saiss Zouma
Son KDB Soucek Fernandez Gundogan
Kane
Bench boost with Fabianski Wood Dallas Bamford

Wood is due a penalty so he stays in the squad before being dropped for Brewster who is getting closer to scoring and gives me a bit of cash.
Rambling again but a plan is getting closer, GW20 Wood to Brewster and Fabianski or Leno to 4.0

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

The BB is turning into a bit of a damp squib with Bellerin and Zouma no shows.
Now contemplating a WC to re structure the team now the BB is done.
At least 5 changes are required, 3 to claim back cash now the BB is gone, 1 due to loosing his starting place, and 2 upgrades and fixture changes with the bench money.
On the wish list a Man U defender or Mid to join Bruno, Liverpool coverage ( maybe 2 required), a City defender to go with KDB and Dias ( Gundog has done his thing for me so thanks and good bye) and finally some playing dross for the bench and a sub 4.0 goal keeper.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Having played my BB this week and the Injury to KDB, also Zouma and Bellerin MIA I need to restructure to get better value for money in my starting 11 and a bench that will provide cover without busting the bank.
So far I have removed Fabianski, Bellerin, Zouma, KDB, Son and Wood to give me
Leno (Forster)
Cancello, Dias, Tierney, Coufal ( Dallas)
Mane, Bruno, Gundogan, Pogba ( Soucek)
Kane, Bamford ( Brewster)
4.4 itb
Missing some Villa cover so I was contemplating Soucek to Grealish or even Barkley but that would then be a formation change to 352, and there is good value in defence atm
I would like a bit more dark blue and a Chelsea defender and or a Leicester player would be ideal. Leicester have the fixtures and are showing some form, Maddison has never done well in my squads and with Vardy out that could adversely affect him. Pereira and Justin are under consideration.
Spoilt for choice atm so any comments appreciated, thanks in advance 🙂

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Come on guys, chip in and give Onz some advice, he does a lot for us on here.

My 2p worth would suggest the following 😁

Get in Robertson, he like a left winger.
Maddison looks in great form.
Salah will still come good.
Pogba will go missing again soon, so no from me
Rashford i still think will do well
Mitchell 3.9 is a great cheap option to free up more funds 🤷‍♂️

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Thanks Stevie much appreciated thoughts :)
Robertson is affordable but his price does put me off a bit when I can see the Tierney could get close to matching him over the next few weeks. Arsenal look great when Tierney comes on the attack.
Maddison's form is good I agree but he never does anything when in my teams so I would not like to jinx him for others.
The salah / Mane decision is very close, I am chasing so going for a differential is the reason for Mane and the inclusion of Pogba over Son.
I know little or nothing about Mitchell and will have a look on Sunday so thanks for the suggestion :)

Edit to add Salah's price looks to be dropping, so another good reason to have Mane in as a place holder and I could get Mo for 0.1 less in a day or so.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Didn't see that Mane drop coming last night, was he in your team yet and did you lose the 0.1 on him ? 🤦🏼‍♂️

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Yup. lost 0.1 on that move as like you I did not see it coming :? :oops:

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Oxford NZ wrote: Now contemplating a WC to re structure the team now the BB is done.
Blimey, I wouldn't have picked this time for the w/c but I guess the trigger is already pulled?
Arsenal/Soton in the FAC today is quite significant for the near term so I'll try to offer some thoughts after that.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

^ Yes :) The trigger has been pulled with a relaxed steady finger pressure and good focus on the distant target, by the time I feel the recoil the pill will be well on its way.

I have had a torrid time of hits and wasted transfers over the last few weeks to set up and play the blank and double GW. It almost went well with only a few hiccups that cost me the most important part of playing FPL- a little bit of satisfaction when a plan actually comes together. Hence the need to WC and set up for the new plan (ready for the inevitable disappointment).
Prior to the DGW I was alway short of cash in the bank or a FT transfer to effectively use my available budget, the BB was " my precious" and all consuming target to get done. Wasted budget spent on the bench and the goalkeeper positions were a punt too far. In short changing the squad from the disappointment of yesterday to tomorrow's new start will make a difference to how I view the rest of he season and the effort I put in to getting the job done.
I still have the all important FH chip to navigate the next blank and I am sure I can set up for a double to include a TC without a WC, so here it is an early WC and a fresh start. By the time the next lot of doubles come into play we will mostly be playing on a even playing field chip wise and my concentration better focused than in previous seasons. I hope that I have learnt a reasonable amount from playing in the last few seasons but I can not see that reflected in the results. Apologies for the rambling post

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

I've been considering Chilwell and Leicester players as well. Will wait one GW for Barnes, and probably a bit more for Chilwell.

4-4-2 vs 3-5-2 vs 4-5-1 is doing my head in will probably get good options and decide week-to-week. It ensures a decent bench that way, important for the upcoming schedule imo.

You have Gundo as well as Soucek.. maybe keep one and get Grealish for the other? That's the midfield I have.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Thank Sir. I am happy to give the Chelsea defender another match or three before making the move. The Wolves and Spurs games look like they both have goals in them. Grealish is difficult choice, he is so well owned atm and it feels like I would be getting him in just for coverage. I personally like 442 with a strong 5th defender and mid to cover for the inevitable injury, benching or postponement . Brewster will do fine for B3

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

So, the best way I thought to approach this was to construct a draft wildcard from scratch but based on your structure.

Areola Johnstone
Cancelo Dias Holding Konsa Robertson
Salah Bruno Soucek Grealish Lookman
Kane DCL Brewster

GKs - Areola is one of the best picks I think and this way you have 2 playing keepers to cover postponements and/or blanks. They rotate pretty well and Johnstone will likely come on stronger as the season progresses.

Defs - based on your idea but with Holding & Konsa rotating for the 4th spot. I really dislike Dallas as a pick, far too reliant on him scoring goals.

Mids - same but with Soucek & Lookman rotating as M4 (actually you'd have a 2-from-4 rotation with the 2 cheaper defenders).

Fwds - as per your plan. Everton are under the radar but have done really well, have good fixtures upcoming and most of their key players fit again. I really like DCL as a pick and will probably get him in GW21 myself. And I really dislike Bamford as an option.

You might have more TV than me so could possibly afford Tierney over Holding. You might also consider a punt on Ayoze Perez in midfield, replacing Soucek & Lookman with Ayoze & Anguissa, something like that. Hope that's of some use anyway.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”