To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

RMT ZeroRemorse

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Re: RMT ZeroRemorse

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Gambit wrote: 08 Aug 2018, 11:51 I like it, same strike force that I've got :)

So Eriksen/Hughes/Tomkins v Richarlson/Jota/PVA + 0.5, overall I think the alternative choice looks stronger, and leaves you .5 to upgrade a bench player or just bank and use for an early bandwagon etc.
Thanks mate!

I agree that could be the case.
I'm just really not convinced by the 6.5m players currently, Jota is a good prospect, Richarlison is not convincing for me, I don't think Everton have any offensive chemistry, Hughes is kind of a weak 4th choice midfielder though, so I might be forced to go this route and give up the option of Eriksen as a placeholder and just give that job to Mane.

Spreading the Eriksen cash between 2 6.5m's isn't ideal (for me), as I don't really see other effective options at that price point (yet) worth getting if they don't work out and it limits my premium options for when the WC lads return.
Pedro seems popular, but I doubt he'll hold down a place with Willian and Hazard returning and with Fekir in the making.

I should point out I consider Eriksen as a viable captain option, which could help keep pace with having two 6.5m MFers.

PVA was in my initial draft, but I kind of talked myself out of him as he's expensive for what he is - A CPL defender, he finished the season strongly though and CPL does look organized defensively, so I might bring him back in.

Great suggestions though, exactly what I'm looking for before locking the team in.
Eriksen might be 1 premium too many crippling the rest of the squad, but I've simply done it because I don't believe in any of the cheaper alternatives, but I may have to take a punt on them in order to balance the team more.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

no worries, I think you are in a similar place to me.

I also share your doubts about the 6.5m mids, and I'm considering swapping one of them for a premium defender and playing 4-3-3, I think longer term the best defenders will get more points than the mid price mids for the same (or less) money. But, as I've mentioned over in the strategy thread, I also have doubts (in terms of who will be playing) about some of the premium defenders, so really not sure what to do. I'm hopeful that United will get Toby or Maguire as I've no doubt whatsoever that either one of those would be a: nailed, and b: outscore the 6.5m mids.

PVA -I've had him as a lock since the start, but he is an easy and obvious place to save money, as Tomkins and Sakho are both nailed, will get the same clean sheets, and are cheaper. Not sure if his attacking threat will be worth the extra money, but I think Palace are a good, organised team, and I'm going to start with him and see what happens. He's always a fun player to own, and I don't mind one or two risks in my opening team, + he's easy to move if needed, loads of 5.5 options or just swap to the cheaper Palace player.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

I had the same train of thought regarding 4-3-3, I've had Azpi in drafts and Davies and Bailey, but they all have issues and I will want to shift to a 343 when the mids become better options and it becomes a hassle and a drama with too much money tied up in defence.
Also, 433 is really difficult to navigate the fixtures with, as defenders really do have less chance of keeping a CS or scoring in even slightly tricky games.

Also, I think CS's will be tough to come by this season too, with even the "smaller" sides having stacked midfields and good strikers. There was an era there where premium defenders were gold in the EPL because the smaller teams did not have the money or quality, but that's changed massively since the TV deal. Also the EPL overall was lacking quality for a period there.

But definitely a good point regarding PVA. Even if he doesn't keep the CS but manages an assist or even a goal consistently enough that would be great at 5.5m.

I'll think about dropping Eriksen to bolster the squad, I think you're right about 3 players spread out outscoring Eriksen+Hughes+Tomkins/Peltier/WB. Especially given the question marks around Spurs and they're slow starters which will be exacerbated by the WC players missing.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

ZeroRemorse wrote: 08 Aug 2018, 11:39
Hey Oxford, do you like the All Black's squad? Pretty disappointed Laumape didn't get picked and Todd is off to Japan.
I am not a Sonny Bill fan so Laumape would be my first choice. He just needs more time with the AB's squad to improve his game and adapt to their style of play.
Other than that not a bad squad.
Matt Todd will be back in NZ pre WC, working with Robbie will be good for him.

I know what you mean re Mahrez, it is tough to pick City assets at the best of time. I have not seen any Spurs preseason games as I was not that interested in any of their players yet.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Hi guys, just thought I'd share a cash mini league I joined. It's a charity league for the Saint Oswald Hospice. The entry is only £10 and the prize is £1000, there aren't that many managers signed up for it yet sadly, so get in there and sign up and grow the league and share it.

https://www.stoswaldsuk.org/charity-bus ... -football/

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Here's an aggressive early draft for the first 2 GW's (Peltier comes in for WB in GW2 with Cardiff vs NEW (H)), I'd roll the 2 transfers, bring in KDB for Sanchez and upgrade a defender 4.0/goalkeeper (Foster is good for the first 3 fixtures)

People need to look past the 4.0m for WB and Peltier, they're starting defenders, so they're as good as 4.5m's!!

The bench is pants, but should get some games out of Peltier.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

I had this template team, which is more "balanced".
But I decided to take a gamble on Sanchez and I wanted to watch one of my offensive players on opening day, he's easily moved as well and I didn't want to go without Mane.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Good team, nice balance to it

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Good team, nice balance to it

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

End up with a killer score this week ZR? All of your mids scoring is handy! Well deserved. Any moves planned for this week?

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

No Way Jose wrote: 13 Aug 2018, 05:50 End up with a killer score this week ZR? All of your mids scoring is handy! Well deserved. Any moves planned for this week?
Hey mate, overall I'm pretty happy with my score of 98, I hope you had a good GW too.
There are a few errors I made, like not trusting my original analysis of Sanchez and United, but I really wanted a placeholder for Hazard and KDB or Auba for GW3 that wasn't Mane, as I believe Mane has great stats for his price and will be a huge threat this season.

Sanchez only made 1 goal attempt all match which resulted in a fortuitous penalty, creatively he was a little better, creating a big chance and 4 other chances, but overall his heat map showed him very outwide and mainly on the halfway line, a testament to Mourinho's negativity playing at home vs a relatively weakened Leicester team and he didn't really get central or into the box and his distribution was really poor, so poor that I don't really even want to give him the Brighton game to redeem himself, but I think I will roll the transfer to see where KDB plays vs Huddersfield and to get more stats on Hazard's role under Sarri. It also gives me more time to contemplate downgrading Sanchez to the appropriate bandwagon and upgrading King to Auba or Kane. Or downgrade him to the best looking 7.5m midfielder so I can upgrade the GK or Bedernack at some point.

TAA had a poor game by his standards, but he is obviously being encouraged to ping balls into the box, so I'm going to give him some more time, but if it becomes evident Robbo is the better pick, I could upgrade him on the WC.

Aguero missing a 1on1 was frustrating, but I can see him bouncing back easily vs Huddersfield and I'm not worried about minutes, I think he's got a brace at least in him, so I'm going to captain him, Huddersfield looks pretty pants to put it nicely :(

I went with the community on selecting Richarlison, he made sense at that price point and Everton's fixtures, I originally wasn't convinced but he surprised me to my good fortune, so thanks to the community for convincing me to pick him up.

Glad I stuck faith in Wan for a clean sheet too, the assist was the icing on the cake, it wasn't entirely unexpected as Palace's fullbacks are encouraged to attack the goal, same with their CB's, so any Palace defender is good value in my books, they will be good attacking assets and good for CS's.

Here's how I plan to line the team up next week, Peltier comes in for WB, Peltier actually played a RWB role vs Bournemouth, they looked poor, so I'm not holding my breath, but I know Newcastle struggled for goals last season, so you never know.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

75 this GW, disappointed I didn't captain Aguero because of rumours, it was against my better judgement, but it is what it is, onwards and upwards but I did drop to 70k from 19k.

Moving forwards here's my team for the upcoming GW, I did a naughty thing and made all my transfers Sunday night, even before the Pool game :shock:
I simply did it because I didn't want to endure a price drops to King and Sanchez.

Ings has really impressed me in the two games and I think he will be good value at 5.5m, 6 shots in the box vs Everton and a goal was a good performance.

Transfers;

King :arrow: Ings
Sanchez :arrow: Mhki
Bendenak :arrow: Alonso

2.0 ITB

With 2.0m ITB my thoughts move towards upgrading Foster to Ederson for City's easy fixture run, leaving me another 1.0m ITBm which would allow me to upgrade Mane to Hazard possibly a GW later, after watching Chelsea a little bit more and where and how Haz is playing. Either way, it gives me flexibility while still having a strong XI.

Going to keep my WC up my sleeve until I see a really good chance to use it to gain ground or genuinely just need it.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Hello fella's, I thought I'd do a little update on my team over the course of the Int. break.

I'm currently waiting on Zaha injury news to determine whether or not I will WC, I don't think I will and will just use my FT to hold off until the next int. break. But Walcott and Mhki are concerns too, so it might be one concern too many and I may be forced into using it to maintain a starting XI.

I have an OR of 120k

Here is last weeks GW; 52 points (0), small green arrows. I traded Walcott for Richarlison and that did not work out with Walcott immediately getting injured (typical and predictable).

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Looks like a simple Zaha :arrow: Wilson/Mitrovic to me mate, and wait to do Walcott :arrow: Richarlison after that. Can't see a wildcard being needed there.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 03 Sep 2018, 17:02 Looks like a simple Zaha :arrow: Wilson/Mitrovic to me mate, and wait to do Walcott :arrow: Richarlison after that. Can't see a wildcard being needed there.
I think so.

I also have 2.1m ITB (TV 102.3m) which was there in case I want Hazard or another premium FWD/DEF.

What do you think of Walcott :arrow: Fraser Mhki :arrow: Hazard -4. Hopefully, the scans reveal something for Zaha before they rise.

I'm not overly keen on taking hits but that looks like a good one if only Zaha and Walcott are injured longer than 1 match.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Looks a good hit in itself, I didn't realise you had such a big bank. Problem is that the noises are 4 weeks out for Zaha whereas Walcott may be OK. :?

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 03 Sep 2018, 19:04 Looks a good hit in itself, I didn't realise you had such a big bank. Problem is that the noises are 4 weeks out for Zaha whereas Walcott may be OK. :?
I think the source for Zaha was The S*n, so I'll probably wait until Woy pops up with something, but he's keeping his cards close to his chest lately, so that might not happen.

Last I heard about Wally was a sore rib or was it a broken nail? :lol:

Do you think Hazard will produce more in attack?

I was surprised it took him 80 minutes to have a shot in the box vs Bournemouth (it went in!), I was under the impression he was going to be far more offensive under Sarri.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Ended up WCing;

Reasons; Hazard

More reasons; Hazard

Really though, I had Walcott as a concern, Zaha as a concern, Mkhi as a concern, no Hazard and a Pool triple up away to Spurs and some hard fixtures coming, with UCL and the league, so I hit the button and thankfully it paid off.

Regrets; No Fraser because of "injury", bringing in a Leicester defender :lol: , Bennett ahead of Wan Bisaka on the bench.

Points this week; 83
Money ITB; 0.5m
OR: 25k

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

A little update on the team;

OR: 21,700's
TV: 103.8m
FT: 1

Concerned it's getting a little stale, with Ings and Wilson's fixture being awful.

But, I'm going to roll the transfer this week to see if I want Arnie.

The other option is Deulofeu/Barley + Arnie for Richie and Ings -4, but it's not overly appealing given the Arnie knee problem.

Herb Score
Kevin and Perry

Post by Herb Score »

Rollover your transfer, no glaring needs. In fact, squad looks solid. Ings has been disappointing, but he has two favoraable fixtures in GW12 and GW 13. I just transferred him out for Success to save 1.1, but I think he's worth holding at leaast thru GW 13. Next week, if nothing changes, consider Wan-Bassaka out for Balbuena - budget, plays 90 minutes, great fixtures, and rotates well with Bennett. Also, keep an eye on Maddison and see how the team responds to their owners trajedy

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Herb Score wrote: 02 Nov 2018, 03:25 Rollover your transfer, no glaring needs. consider Wan-Bassaka out for Balbuena - budget, plays 90 minutes, great fixtures, and rotates well with Bennett.
Hey Herb, cheers, that sounds like a good idea. I forgot to mention I have 0.8m ITB.
Bennett :arrow: Balbuena this GW and bench Ings might be the best option if I don't roll the transfer.
I have eyes for Doherty after the Arsenal game as well, so Ings could become Success and I could shift to a rotating 442/532 formation.

Ings still has some good stats and threat, but just not the goals at the moment, but Watford (H) and Fulham (A) is promising for him, but it's becoming clear there's far better value in defence for that price.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Ings returned to my surprise, after I started him, sometimes a little luck goes your way, he proved a massive differential wiping Man City's cleansheet, even though I owned Mendy, more people had Edersen/Mendy/Laporte and his goal worked in my favour heavily as not many people started him.

Genuinely would like some feedback in this situation. I'm currently considering rolling the transfer again and just using 1 FT to bring in Diangana for Hjoberg.

The two players I was looking at removing for Arnautovic have good fixtures this gameweek.

Ings and Maddison have a good fixture, and Ings has Fulham away after Watford at home. Maddison faces Burnley who are leaking goals this season and I feel he will score points.

I'm sure Arnie will haul, but I'm not convinced Arnie + 6.1m MID replacement mid will definitely outscore Ings + Maddison, also Arnie has City the following week while Ings plays Fulham (A)

OR: 13k
TV: 102.9
ITB: 0.8m
FT: 2

alexmj
Treebeard

Post by alexmj »

Maybe Balbuena for Bennett? Other than that not an obvious transfer unless you wanted to do a luxury hokey cokey with Hazard > Mane (FUL) > Sterling (BOU) > Hazard (FUL) for the next few weeks?

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

alexmj wrote: 05 Nov 2018, 12:16 Maybe Balbuena for Bennett? Other than that not an obvious transfer unless you wanted to do a luxury hokey cokey with Hazard > Mane (FUL) > Sterling (BOU) > Hazard (FUL) for the next few weeks?
Hey hey, thanks for the response.

I've thought about something similar in regards to the hokey pokey. But, Hazard looks close to undroppable this season and bounced back from injury immediately, I will definetely want him as (C) in GW14 vs Fulham (H), which means I would have to bring him back in relatively quickly and at a big loss.

What I was thinking about, was removing Aguero. I don't fear removing strikers too much, because even when they haul it's not a devestating amount, unless it's a ridiculous number like 4-5 goals. I think I could get away with dropping Aguero to Arnautovic, I think Arnie could just about match his output over the next 10 GW's, while upgrading Maaddison to a Mane/Sterling type would bring in further points.

Maddison :arrow: Mane
Aguero :arrow: Arnautovic

Then shifting Salah :arrow: Sterling

After watching the Burnley game, I think I've come to the decision I don't want to own a WHU defender, even if they do only cost 4.4m and if I was to upgrade Bennett it would only be for Doherty. But I won't rule out Balbuena, if I'm looking for a cheap defender after their City game, he could be the option .

alexmj
Treebeard

Post by alexmj »

Fair enough, I only got him at £11m so dropped him this week, need Mane to repay that this week.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Last GW: 71 points
OR:14k
ITB: 1.7m
Next transfer Hjoberg->Snodgras

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Genuinely need some help here.

Current OR: 8k
FT: 0

Is it worth taking a hit to remove Kane for Firmino? The following when that will leave me with enough cash to upgrade Camarasa to Alli.

Or should I just hold and see and play Bennett & Alonso.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

Decent points this game week for Firmino will pay back the hit and Camarasa to Alli on FT next week is a good move depending on how Spurs line up and perform this GW.
I have taken too many hits this season so I may not be the best one to take advice from.
I did kane to Aguero and activated my WC as I had other issues to sort out as well.
Your squad looks good with the addition of Firmino so I would take the hit and do it.

dod
FISOhead
FS Record: I have never won FPL.

Post by dod »

The hit looks worth it. You'll also preserve some budget.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

71 (-4)

Happy I took the hit for Firmino.

I actually don't think the LFC defensive double up is worth it at the moment while Gomez is out injured.

LFC conceded 5 in 13 EPL games with Gomez.

Without Gomez they have conceded 8 in 10.

Firmino is in form too.

Next transfers are likely to be Camarasa :arrow: Jota

And if Alli plays well, I will look at Richie :arrow: Alli
Even if Richie does have HUD, his stats vs SOTON were woeful, 1 touch in the pen area and no shots.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”