To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

ARs Thinking Space

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Re: ARs Thinking Space

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 03 May 2019, 17:57 Bilva is someone I’ve wanted each weeks for weeks; and for some reason never pulled the trigger
Not sure his FPL returns match the quality of his play. And agree re Redmond.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

If I was to go into punt mode, I would probably go with Babel. Great returns over the past couple of months and generally gone under the radar.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore

I've decided to roll the transfer btw.

And Salah (c) - differential pick to try and push onto the top 10k and hopefully give myself a chance in my cash leagues going into the final week.
I'm not sure I will be able to watch City on Monday but it is impossible to pick between Sterling and Kun if I do go with one of them.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Aldershot Rejects wrote: 03 May 2019, 18:25 If I was to go into punt mode, I would probably go with Babel. Great returns over the past couple of months and generally gone under the radar.
Yep. I got as far as Mitro....

Redmond :shock: :shock: :shock:

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore

So keeping Son was a genius move ;)

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

What goes around comes around.... (allegedly)

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:So keeping Son was a genius move ;)
Sorry, mate. :roll:

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore

Joccki_10 wrote: 04 May 2019, 13:57
Aldershot Rejects wrote:So keeping Son was a genius move ;)
Sorry, mate. :roll:
Not your fault. Son is so widely owned its not a big deal, although Pogba will probably haul now. It was always a 50:50 call.
To be honest, I'm more frustrated by Lloris losing his cs in the 93rd minute. I was hoping for one more save which would have given him an extra save point and a couple of bps and then boom!

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore

GW37 Review: Meh!

42 points and a drop from 15k to nearly 17k - lost my main H2H by 2 points and failed to gain ground in my main money league. The killer in my mini-league was Laporte who the 3 guys above me all had. I'm 40 odd points off the top so that's me finished. In terms of OR, I'm 22 pts off top 10k which is very unlikely but not impossible.

GW38 Preview

I have 2 free transfers but Son is definitely out and Robertson is unlikely to play I guess. At the moment, I am contemplating taking the two of them out for Laporte and Pogba. Laporte has been a thorn in my side all season - (he has a ppm of under 3 when I have him and over 6 when I don't). The worst that happens is that I neutralise the points of those who already have him, but I would expect a cs at home to Brighton and he has been harvesting bps recently. Pogba still seems the best option for a haul although I am tempted by a punt on Fraser/Mili/and even Babel. I have not totally discounted a hit either. Transferring out Robertson and Son means that I have to start Jiminez whereas with a hit I could put him at S1.

If Robbo is passed fit - I might do Son & Hojbjerg to Fraser and Mili/Babel and play 3-5-2.

I will be sad to see Robbo go if he does as he has been in my side ever since GW1.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore

GW38 Preview - In Bournemouth we Trust (what could possibly go wrong)

Transfers: Dunk & Son to Laporte & Fraser
Captain: Salah

Fraser one behind Hazard in race for most assists this year and Fraser/Wilson trying to beat the record for assist/goal combinations in a single season (already hold the record for a 38 GW season). Might as well go for it as I need a monster week to make the top 10k. Will be completely torn if JS plays though.

Mili was the other serious option so a Palace penalty guaranteed.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore

GW38 Review

Well Bournemouth scored 3 :) Shame about Wilson and Fraser :(
The Laporte curse seemed to have struck again when Brighton scored but you Aymeric did the business at the other end.

All in all an underwhelming 57 and another red arrow, just managed to stay in the top 20k.

As is pretty much always the case - it feels like so near and yet so far. FPL is a great trainer in handling regret ;)

Meanwhile, a decent last week score by Sky Team rise to 350 - my fourth consecutive top 500 finish but below target (smaller numbers involved and a format that works against casual players - mean a top 200 target is achievable).

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore

First Draft

First thoughts are along these lines (4-3-3)

Lloris Gunn
Robertson/TAA Van Dijk Laporte Coleman O'Connell
Pogba Siggurdson Redmond Jorginho 4.5
Aguero Vardy Jota

Obviously a lot of thinking still to do. My original plan was to WC early on, but fixtures/prices have meant that I've cooled a lot on that idea.
Gunn may yet become a generic 4.0m GK and I'm still wondering about Heaton instead of Lloris.

I doubt the defence will change that much although I haven't ruled out 5 ATB. I need to do some work on M3/F3 and decide whether they can match another 5.5m+ defender.

The midfield is obviously lacking a premium, but that is partly a result of the big spend in defence and also the fact that I think there are more options at the sub premium level in midfield than in attack. Pogba is obviously a gamble and of course might yet move. Jorginho is similar, but he may be on penalties. Redmond might yet become Zaha if I can free up some money.

I'm pretty set on Aguero and Vardy (which itself limits my midfield options), but Jota I am less sure on, he could become DCL - the question of course is whether DCL can kick on. The other option is to downgrade to say Andone/Long and switch to 4-4-2 or 5-3-2

The first draft never seems to last long but it is an important step in planning. Looking forward to the analysis and opinions on here over the coming weeks.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

KdB for Pog, shirley?

I am trying to be good at the start of this season and actually messaged FPL Towers as I couldn't rip the names from their stats page to have a Points per Million spreadsheet. They replied fook off you cheating bstrd very politely 😱

Sanchez (MU 😂) is kinda tempting at 7m. I riled against them buying\signing him, but that had more to do with Pog and Lulu. Assuming they go and no China Clubs want him then he could be a starter and get close to his Arse levels? Long shot etc, I know but....

Atm I have:
Pickford, Gunn
TAA, Robbo, VvD, Laporte, Mendy
KdB, Perez, Brooks, Mcarthur, Chalaboah
Kane, King, Boselli (Pukki)

MacArthur as 2nd sub and Chal as 3rd in a 523 or 532 depending on fixtures (and Mendy).

Chal is a really good AM, who has been injured?

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore

blahblah wrote: 06 Jul 2019, 21:28 KdB for Pog, shirley?

I am trying to be good at the start of this season and actually messaged FPL Towers as I couldn't rip the names from their stats page to have a Points per Million spreadsheet. They replied fook off you cheating bstrd very politely 😱

Sanchez (MU 😂) is kinda tempting at 7m. I riled against them buying\signing him, but that had more to do with Pog and Lulu. Assuming they go and no China Clubs want him then he could be a starter and get close to his Arse levels? Long shot etc, I know but....

Atm I have:
Pickford, Gunn

MacArthur as 2nd sub and Chal as 3rd in a 523 or 532 depending on fixtures (and Mendy).

Good to hear from you blah, hope you are well and enjoying the summer.

With respect to your team - The annual appearance of Mr Boselli - good stuff. I like the Liverpool defensive triple up - you are braver than me. From what I have read I am not sure Mendy will be ready for the start of the season, I am seriously wondering about taking a punt on Zinchenko. Thanks for reminding me about Chal; I will certainly consider him for one of my 4.5m slots but given that one of them is likely to be for a non-playing attacker I might look for someone who is nailed on and I'm not sure that is true of Chalobah.

With Egypt going out of the ACON tonight, I suspect I will start with the Salah/Sterling combo if I can shape my team to fit.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

blahblah wrote: 06 Jul 2019, 21:28 KdB for Pog, shirley?

Atm I have:
Pickford, Gunn

Hi mate. I do like the idea. Just think with chal, pukki, Perez who have to remain as punts for now and no Sterling, Kun , Salah or Mane and a reliance on 2 defences ( albeit very good defences ) it is kind of make or break at very start and could mean an early WC. Not to mention KDB injury issues I kind of like Dela as an option and Jota is outstanding value if he can hit the form he did towards the end. Mendy is injured how about Trippier if Aurier isn't fit and he still at the club ? Pre season will tell us a lot more

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

Aldershot Rejects wrote: 30 Jun 2019, 00:40 First Draft

First thoughts are along these lines (4-3-3)

Lloris Gunn
Robertson/TAA Van Dijk Laporte Coleman O'Connell
Pogba Siggurdson Redmond Jorginho 4.5
Aguero Vardy Jota

Obviously a lot of thinking still to do. My original plan was to WC early on, but fixtures/prices have meant that I've cooled a lot on that idea.
Gunn may yet become a generic 4.0m GK and I'm still wondering about Heaton instead of Lloris.

I doubt the defence will change that much although I haven't ruled out 5 ATB. I need to do some work on M3/F3 and decide whether they can match another 5.5m+ defender.

The midfield is obviously lacking a premium, but that is partly a result of the big spend in defence and also the fact that I think there are more options at the sub premium level in midfield than in attack. Pogba is obviously a gamble and of course might yet move. Jorginho is similar, but he may be on penalties. Redmond might yet become Zaha if I can free up some money.

I'm pretty set on Aguero and Vardy (which itself limits my midfield options), but Jota I am less sure on, he could become DCL - the question of course is whether DCL can kick on. The other option is to downgrade to say Andone/Long and switch to 4-4-2 or 5-3-2

The first draft never seems to last long but it is an important step in planning. Looking forward to the analysis and opinions on here over the coming weeks.
Love the forward line mate. Intresting that a lot of people are going with Siggy over Richi who usually starts well but just like Robinio, doesn't like it when it gets colder :lol: My worry would be as above with no Salah or Sterling who will be huge captain choices for many. I'd avoid Pogba like the plague if he's even there. He's a proper toys out the pram player. Agree DCL could be one to watch, he's a good player with bags of potential .

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I'm not too bad thanks. I've had sojourn from here for a few weeks and I'm set on not overthinking Preseason as I usually do 😂

Using last season's points and this one's prices the points are still at the back with last season's overachieving Def's looking overpriced, so it is the Lpool 3 for me.

Obviously there are a few place holders and it is easier to go from Mendy than to him.

I toyed with 2 expensive bods, but KdB frees up valuable cash with not much of a points hit (in theory).

re fixtures: I usually take Rom's spreadsheet and strip out the colours and then "red" the top 6 as my guide. I haven't done that yet because it isn't that simple this season: Lpool and Citeh should be clear of Spurs; then there will be a whack of Clubs chasing 4th and maybe 3rd; with maybe a few beteeen them and the relegation rabble; and Wolves with the EL could be anywhere?

From that Everton (the seemingly eternal Boselli's until midseason) do look interesting as they should be stable compared to Arse, Che, MU. As above Wolves have the EL; Buck may try to tweak Leicester and pi55 off Vardy which usually means a new manager; Toon could be 20th; and hiven my WHamphobia I'm left with Bournemouth, Watford and a punt or 3 to make up my squad.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I did ponder Spuds Defenders, but they all seem to be leaving 😂

The Richarlison point is a very good one, but is he at the Sth America thing?

Who is Dela?

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DAREEL »

blahblah wrote: 07 Jul 2019, 10:34 I did ponder Spuds Defenders, but they all seem to be leaving 😂

The Richarlison point is a very good one, but is he at the Sth America thing?

Who is Dela?
Sorry , Delafeou

Yer but 5 weeks away. Maybe need to keep an eye on pre season

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Bstrd!!

I promised not to tweak and I'm now on
Gunn\McC (Soton should be less pants this seasin and Gunn is a good saver etc, as if I have ever watched him 😂)

VvD, Robbo, TAA, Laporte, Zinthing
Sterling, Rich (Chal, McArtur, Guen)
Kane, Giroud, D C-L. Which looks doggie doo hot except for Mendy bring mended and a Caramel (well toffee) Costa.

I quite like this:
Kane, Rashford, Giroud
KdB, Rich (as above)
VvD, Robbo, TAA, Laporte, Mendy
Gunn (4m) and this is why I'm lying re liking as it is scary....

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore

OK, time to take stock. I haven't actually tweaked my side too much but am aware that constant fiddling with your side can lead to a certain drift which takes you away from your original plans. So here's my current 15 with some thoughts. As always, I welcome the view of the community.

One of the challenges is to remember that I am picking a side for 4-8 weeks and not for a season and that can affect both individual picks but also structure. The structure I have gone with here is probably not one to go with for the entire season but hopefully we will work early doors.

GK Lloris (5.5m). Hugo served me well last season and seems to be overlooked for some reason. He might not quite reach the heights of Allison and Ederson but his price reflects that. I suspect he will be my post-WC keeper as well. Having said that I haven't totally ruled out Heaton/Pope.
GK tbc (4.0m). Can't see anyone in this range starting.

Def TAA (7.0m). I had Robertson from GW1 last season and TAA came and went into my side. TAA gets the nod on the basis of his finish to last season. I saw an interesting analysis somewhere highlighting Milner's impact on TAAs points (when Milner plays he is on corners/free-kicks), so if Milner looks likely to get a lot of game time early on (which I doubt), I might go back to Robertson.
Def VVD (6.5m). Security of starts and a saving of 0.5m over Robertson.
Def Digne (6.0m) It really is a toss-up between him and Coleman so I have gone for both. Not entirely convinced by it, particularly given that Gueye might not be around last season.
Def Coleman (5.5m). Given that most teams I have seen have at least one Everton defender, the double is not such a big risk. If Everton do start strongly at the back, this also enables me to get a jump on those who only have one. Not a decision I would probably make for the longer-term but seems like a worthwhile risk for the first month.
Def Zinchenko (5.5m). Again a toss-up with Laporte and Walker. The 1m saving over Laporte seems valuable assuming he will play. Longer term, I would probably pay extra for Laporte's goal threat.

Mid Salah (12.5m). Happy to captain him each week to begin with.
Mid De Bruyn (9.5m). A fully fit KDB is a 200+ pts per season player. His price represents great value for money even if he doesn't match Sterling & Aguero and it gives me more flexibility elsewhere.
Fwd Vardy (9.0m). He finished the season so strongly under Rogers and I can't see any reason why he won't continue to thrive. Decent fixtures as well.
Fwd Wilson (8.0m). Wilson is there largely for the first two fixtures after which I can take stock but another who served me well last season and hopefully will continue to improve.
Mid/Fwd tbc (6.5m). Really can't decide on this one - Barnes or Wood are probably my preferred forward option but I'm not sure what impact the arrival of J-Rod will have. In midfield, I quite like Brooks, but don't want a Bournemouth double-up. Gross is someone I rate highly and under Potter he may thrive.
Mid Dendoncker (4.5m). Seems a safe pick with some goal threat as my first sub.
Mid tbc (4.5m). Second sub - will monitor psfs on this one.
Mid/Fwd tbc (4.5m). As above, the 4.5m midfielders are stronger than the attackers which maybe points to a 6.5m attacker as my fifth attacker.

There is a decent chance, I could begin with 5-2-3 again this season. It worked well for me last season in the first 4-6 weeks but probably isn't sustainable as a structure beyond that.

Salah is the only premium attacker and would be perma-captain, I am comfortable with that and Vardy, Wilson and KDB offer at least one decent alternative every week for the first 6 or 7 GWs.

I recognise that the structure is not overly flexible, but barring injuries or unexpected benchings, I am planning to roll-over my first transfer and having two transfers for GW3 increases flexibility a lot.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

All looks familiar so quite solid, which is the point?

No Kane is my main observation and at 11m he should get close enough to Salah for the extra 1.5m to reap dividends. Also he is far from certain to start in August after the AfCoN.

My minor quibble is that I don't see this as the time to be saving 0.5m. I think it is better to have the more expensive option and downgrade than try and get them in during the last few days, hours, minutes 😂

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore

blahblah wrote: 13 Jul 2019, 13:47 All looks familiar so quite solid, which is the point?

No Kane is my main observation and at 11m he should get close enough to Salah for the extra 1.5m to reap dividends. Also he is far from certain to start in August after the AfCoN.

My minor quibble is that I don't see this as the time to be saving 0.5m. I think it is better to have the more expensive option and downgrade than try and get them in during the last few days, hours, minutes 😂
I must admit that I can't get particularly over-excited about Kane. Yes he has had a price-drop but then he was over-priced last year ;) With Egypt going out of the AfCoN early I think he will be OK and if not we should have plenty of warning. I can't see Liverpool starting without either Salah or Mane. Plus he gives me the perma-captain. I should probably have an alternative no-Salah team, but I would probably then go to either Sterling or Aguero.

For me the choice was between Kane and KDB and that's what generated the 1.5m.

With respect to the 0.5m, I get your point. With defenders, most of their points are cs which the whole defence gets. The attacking points are probably less predictable and over a short run of 3 or 4 games are unlikely to be significant. For instance, Laporte scored 3 goals last season, which is about 1 in 13. For four games, I am willing to take the risk he won't score if I can benefit the rest of my team. For a longer run of games, I agree with you - always get the defender with the greatest attacking threat.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Intersting points there....

I keep looping back to this lot:
Pickford\Stek (admittedly I was reminded the other day that they have signed Lossl)

Robbo
TAA
VvD
Laporte
Mendy

KdB (perms VC)
Rich (who has a history of fast starts etc)
Perez (there are options at his price point)

Kane (although I take your Sterling\Salah point which may be safer)
Giroud
King (both may be place holders...)

2x4.5 Mids playing 523 or 532 and allows for 1 non starter.....

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore

Yeah, not a million miles apart and all players I have considered. I'm not sure that Mendy will be fit and Perez/Giroud are 'wait-and-see' for me, both could be great but we have no idea how Chelsea will line up or Perez's role at Leicester. King is popular and has two great fixtures to start with.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

All are easily sorted though eg Zin for Mendy and Perez and Giroud have plenty of alternatives...

I did a version with Vardy for KdB but thst us something go move to and may involve Ederson as 6 from Citeh and Lpool is obvious to me...

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Aldershot Rejects wrote: 13 Jul 2019, 12:11 Def TAA (7.0m). I had Robertson from GW1 last season and TAA came and went into my side. TAA gets the nod on the basis of his finish to last season. I saw an interesting analysis somewhere highlighting Milner's impact on TAAs points (when Milner plays he is on corners/free-kicks), so if Milner looks likely to get a lot of game time early on (which I doubt), I might go back to Robertson.
Def Digne (6.0m) It really is a toss-up between him and Coleman so I have gone for both. Not entirely convinced by it, particularly given that Gueye might not be around last season.
Def Coleman (5.5m). Given that most teams I have seen have at least one Everton defender, the double is not such a big risk. If Everton do start strongly at the back, this also enables me to get a jump on those who only have one. Not a decision I would probably make for the longer-term but seems like a worthwhile risk for the first month.
Def Zinchenko (5.5m). Again a toss-up with Laporte and Walker. The 1m saving over Laporte seems valuable assuming he will play. Longer term, I would probably pay extra for Laporte's goal threat.
It's amazing how similar our thinking is with regard to defenders, AR. I currently have four of those five defenders in my squad.

Like you, I prefer Alexander-Arnold to Robertson. His set-pieces provide him with more avenues to assists (and goals!) than the left-back. I also prefer Van Dijk's goal threat for £6.5m than Robertson's assist threat for £7.0m.

Everton have a long run of good fixtures at the beginning of the season, so hopefully the double-up will prove to be a wise idea. Coleman was really showing the form of old towards the end of last season, and Digne is always a threat with his corners and free kicks.

I even had Zinchenko up until a few days ago as well! That was when I finally realised that going Mané over Salah probably isn't sensible, and so I've downgraded Zinchenko to a £4.5m defender to free up the £1.0m needed for Salah. I'm not really happy about this, as I'll need to field this player every week in my current structure (5-4-1, or 5-3-2 if I settle on King instead of Brooks), and the £4.5m defender category is a bit of a wasteland. Cathcart is the man currently in possession of the shirt. Watford have three decent fixtures in the first four weeks, after which time I can hopefully look to reassess.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 13 Jul 2019, 22:43
Aldershot Rejects wrote: 13 Jul 2019, 12:11 Def TAA (7.0m). I had Robertson from GW1 last season and TAA came and went into my side. TAA gets the nod on the basis of his finish to last season. I saw an interesting analysis somewhere highlighting Milner's impact on TAAs points (when Milner plays he is on corners/free-kicks), so if Milner looks likely to get a lot of game time early on (which I doubt), I might go back to Robertson.
It's amazing how similar our thinking is with regard to defenders, AR. I currently have four of those five defenders in my squad.

Like you, I prefer Alexander-Arnold to Robertson. His set-pieces provide him with more avenues to assists (and goals!) than the left-back. I also prefer Van Dijk's goal threat for £6.5m than Robertson's assist threat for £7.0m.

Everton have a long run of good fixtures at the beginning of the season, so hopefully the double-up will prove to be a wise idea. Coleman was really showing the form of old towards the end of last season, and Digne is always a threat with his corners and free kicks.

I even had Zinchenko up until a few days ago as well! That was when I finally realised that going Mané over Salah probably isn't sensible, and so I've downgraded Zinchenko to a £4.5m defender to free up the £1.0m needed for Salah. I'm not really happy about this, as I'll need to field this player every week in my current structure (5-4-1, or 5-3-2 if I settle on King instead of Brooks), and the £4.5m defender category is a bit of a wasteland. Cathcart is the man currently in possession of the shirt. Watford have three decent fixtures in the first four weeks, after which time I can hopefully look to reassess.
That's encouraging ... Great minds think alike ;)
If I was contemplating the downgrade of D5 (and I have wondered about it), I would probably move Coleman on. Given the ownership of City defenders, I'd probably want some coverage.
Have you thought about O'Connell at Sheff Utd? Decent attacking returns and OK fixtures at the start. It would break my unwritten rule about not owning players from promoted sides, but he seems as good as anyone at 4.5m

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Aldershot Rejects wrote: 13 Jul 2019, 22:54 Have you thought about O'Connell at Sheff Utd? Decent attacking returns and OK fixtures at the start. It would break my unwritten rule about not owning players from promoted sides, but he seems as good as anyone at 4.5m
Yeah, I'm not keen on starting with promoted defenders, particularly ones from what is probably the weakest squad in the league. They may turn out to be good picks in time, of course. Watford seem as solid a side as any, provided they're not still shellshocked from their FA Cup final shellacking. Dunk is another option. Brighton have some good fixtures in the first 8 GWs (after which time the wildcard may be dropped), but Ryan is my keeper (for now) and that puts me off Dunk. Doubling up on the Everton and Liverpool defences is one thing, doubling up on the Brighton defence is another thing entirely!

With the players I want elsewhere, a compromise has to be made somewhere. It's the same at the start of every season, really. Potentially going without City defence is a worry of course. If Zinchenko becomes the obvious first-choice left-back then he is probably a better pick than Coleman, but I'd certainly take Coleman over the likes of Walker and the overpriced Laporte, particularly with Everton's opening run.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 13 Jul 2019, 23:16
Aldershot Rejects wrote: 13 Jul 2019, 22:54 Have you thought about O'Connell at Sheff Utd? Decent attacking returns and OK fixtures at the start. It would break my unwritten rule about not owning players from promoted sides, but he seems as good as anyone at 4.5m
Yeah, I'm not keen on starting with promoted defenders, particularly ones from what is probably the weakest squad in the league. They may turn out to be good picks in time, of course. Watford seem as solid a side as any, provided they're not still shellshocked from their FA Cup final shellacking. Dunk is another option. Brighton have some good fixtures in the first 8 GWs (after which time the wildcard may be dropped), but Ryan is my keeper (for now) and that puts me off Dunk. Doubling up on the Everton and Liverpool defences is one thing, doubling up on the Brighton defence is another thing entirely!

With the players I want elsewhere, a compromise has to be made somewhere. It's the same at the start of every season, really. Potentially going without City defence is a worry of course. If Zinchenko becomes the obvious first-choice left-back then he is probably a better pick than Coleman, but I'd certainly take Coleman over the likes of Walker and the overpriced Laporte, particularly with Everton's opening run.
That makes sense, I'd forgotten Dunk, although as you say the Brighton double-up is to be avoided (and brings up some bad memories from last season). The fixtures are good though - maybe Dunk and switch your keeper to Heaton or Pope (if Heaton moves)? Do we know how Dawson arriving will affect the Watford defence?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”