To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

SirMattBugsby RMT: Believe!

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Re: SirMattBugsby RMT: Believe!

Post by Ruth_NZ »

SirMattBugsby wrote:Will be keeping a close look at your team RNZ. I need to know which differential to pick up. :lol:
Good plan, bad logic. You need to know which differential to avoid. :roll:

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

GW 27 review, 28 preview

76 points, very slight rise. The Kane decision last GW paid off this GW although, in hindsight, maybe I should've considered captaincy more seriously. Overall, Gundogan(c) was a sound decision, even if I didn't like his positioning in the Southampton game. Emi and Sergeant Targett did the job again *salutes*, Son chipped in and.. Bruno! :D this is why I didn't sell him.

28 is tricky. Defence of MCI and AVL looks okay, but the attack.. it's full of premiums, but very template and not exactly firing like premiums. And who to captain? Bruno plays West Ham with a depleted United attack, Kane has a "bit of a" knock and Salah and Pool aren't reliable. Most games this weekend look low-scoring: hasn't that been the case recently anyway?

Despite 29, one team I'm considering is Chelsea, who play Leeds and then have a nice run. It's Alonso time! However, I'm reluctant to buy him this week for two reasons: Chilwell is likely to play over him this week (willing to listen to counter-arguments) and the transfer spot (Mee) is reserved for Dallas in 29. Regarding the former reason, I agree with RNZ's theory although my rationale is simpler: Alonso plays the defensively easier games. Raphinha is definitely not that, Atletico midweek definitely is. Have thought about Alonso's aerial ability against Leeds, but Tuchel probably has enough of that to trouble Leeds anyway? I also fleetingly considered Gundo->Mount but Gundo could get the opportunity to get into the box more against Fulham.

Aside from that, the other good teams for this week (Leicester, Everton) are very short-term options and slightly unsettled, hence avoidable. So, inspite of being annoyed and thoroughly bored with my team, I'm looking likely to bank :roll:

Team for GW 28

Emi
Dias Cancelo(vc) Targett
Bruno Mo(c) Gundo Son
Kane Antonio Bamford

Peacock Mee Reed Fergie
1.1 ITB

Captaincy was initially on Kane (was also considering Son against that weak right Arsenal side) but with his 'knock', United's EL struggles and injuries and Liverpool's UCL win, I'm right now on Salah. Gundo and Cancelo are other options but going Mo at a time when others are selling him feels good. His fixture (wol) is better than Fulham or Arsenal as well. I did previously have doubts over him starting but their game is Monday night, Firmino is an injury doubt and Pool have an extended break after, with no FA cup.. he should be fine.

Thoughts people?

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

I'll be capping Salah too. Not sure if that helps. :lol:

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Joccki_10 wrote: 12 Mar 2021, 18:13 I'll be capping Salah too. Not sure if that helps. :lol:
Are you tempted by Cancelo? I'm still considering Son as well.. in your team I'd strongly consider Pereira.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

SirMattBugsby wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote: 12 Mar 2021, 18:13 I'll be capping Salah too. Not sure if that helps. :lol:
Are you tempted by Cancelo? I'm still considering Son as well.. in your team I'd strongly consider Pereira.
Tempted? No. Did I consider him? Yes.

Pereira? You mean, Ricardo Pereira? As in, that wing back from Leicester who has gotten me absolutely nothing since I brought him in a few weeks ago? :)

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Joccki_10 wrote:

Pereira? You mean, Ricardo Pereira? As in, that wing back from Leicester who has gotten me absolutely nothing since I brought him in a few weeks ago? :)
I mean, our present captain is Salah Image

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

SirMattBugsby wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote:

I mean, our present captain is Salah Image
Touché. :lol:

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

A note on Villa CS wipeout

I had Emi and Targett for this game and, despite the double CS wipeout right at the end, it didn't affect me as much as it used to before. I remember a game 2 or 3 seasons back in which Sofian Boufal scoring against my GK and the event really spoiling my mood.

The key thing here is, as more experienced FPL players state, process-oriented thinking. I initially thought this was more of a rational decision in which sentiments are to be kept to the side. But there's a "feeling" element to it too, if that makes any sense.

Villa have exemplified this feeling in the past 1-2 months. Every match of theirs has been defence first, especially since losing Grealish but even before that, the Arsenal game being a good example. Having 2 defensive assets in their games "feels good". These games would otherwise be dismissed as drab, boring affairs but FPL added a layer of enjoyment for me here.

I've previously discussed the 'fun' element of FPL a lot on FISO, even started threads on it. The standard answer from most players is: more points=more fun. I realise now that the answer, for me, is: better process=more fun. That way, points aren't the be-of and end-of. I mean, it still hurts but not as much and Emi and Targett did pick up some extra points, so the process was probably good?

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

Was that Boufal goal against West Brom? What a brilliant solo goal that was!

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Joccki_10 wrote:Was that Boufal goal against West Brom? What a brilliant solo goal that was!
Yes. And I totally did not enjoy it Image

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

42 points in GW 28. A massive total of 12 points from 4 premiums, including captain Wildcard can't come soon enough.

Had Son + 5 (not including Reed) for 29. With a view of jumping early on Arsenal and dumping Villa, I did consider WC. But the international break means the move could backfire. Just need to hold ground this week.

Already used one of my 2 FTs to get Dallas for Mee. The other is reserved for Gundo-> Raphinha. I have thought about taking one or maybe even two hits for West Ham, Arsenal and Brighton assets but in the end, will probably do Salah->Bale (-4). There is uncertainty around Spurs after the EL loss but the attack is still functioning imo and Bale and Kane are heavily involved.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Salah->Bale(-4)

WC time. First draft..

Areola Sanchez
Trent Alonso/Shaw Reguilon Dias xxx
Bruno Son Maddison Jota xxx
Kane Antonio xxx

Players to consider:

Mendy, Lloris, Dubravka
Rüdiger, Creswell, Tierney, Veltman, Coady
Salah, Lingard/Soucek, Saka, Raphinha
Vardy, Iheanacho, Wood, Wilson

Thoughts?

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

one people still have love for Veltman, is it because he is cheap or do dey expect CS for Brighton in the future

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

fred1266 wrote:one people still have love for Veltman, is it because he is cheap or do dey expect CS for Brighton in the future
Brighton play SHU in 33, hence good cover.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Second draft..

Leno Sanchez
Trent Castagne Rüdi Coady Holding
Bruno Maddison Jota Sterling* Lingard
Kane Nacho Vydra

2.0 ITB

Sterling spot will be HOHO, to accomodate Salah/Son. Vardy is the big miss.. can get him if Sterling is replaced by Son and Lingard by Neto (or Sanchez by Forster).

Most are going with Mendy over Leno, but I prefer Arsenal's run of fixtures. Preferred formation? Looks like 4-5-1, which I don't mind considering how drab games have been this season.

Thoughts welcome as always

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

SirMattBugsby wrote: 08 Apr 2021, 19:38 Second draft..

Leno Sanchez
Trent Castagne Rüdi Coady Holding
Bruno Maddison Jota Sterling* Lingard
Kane Nacho Vydra

2.0 ITB

Sterling spot will be HOHO, to accomodate Salah/Son. Vardy is the big miss.. can get him if Sterling is replaced by Son and Lingard by Neto (or Sanchez by Forster).

Most are going with Mendy over Leno, but I prefer Arsenal's run of fixtures. Preferred formation? Looks like 4-5-1, which I don't mind considering how drab games have been this season.

Thoughts welcome as always Image
as u don't have Mendy dont u want a chelsea defender probably Rudiger for Castagne Coady or holding, personally wouldn't double up on Arsenal so Rudiger for Holding would be my advice

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

fred1266 wrote:
as u don't have Mendy dont u want a chelsea defender probably Rudiger for Castagne Coady or holding, personally wouldn't double up on Arsenal so Rudiger for Holding would be my advice
Rüdi is there Image

fred1266
Dumbledore

Post by fred1266 »

SirMattBugsby wrote: 08 Apr 2021, 20:46
fred1266 wrote:
Rüdi is there Image
lol did see him

what about Phillips for holding as am arsenal fan i seriously don't trust that side

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

fred1266 wrote:
SirMattBugsby wrote: 08 Apr 2021, 20:46
fred1266 wrote:
Rüdi is there Image
lol did see him

what about Phillips for holding as am arsenal fan i seriously don't trust that side
Didn't want Phillips blocking me from Salah..

WC done!

Leno Forster
Trent Dias Rüdi Veltman Masuaku
Bruno Sterling Jota Lingard Maddison
Kane Nacho Vydra

2.7 ITB if I need the feel to do Sterling, Nacho-> Son, Vardy (-4) next week. Salah is the big omission but having Trent and Jota is enough faith in Pool for now.

Sterling (c) this week, and I'm benching Maddison for Nacho and Vydra, just for this GW.

Leno
Trent Dias Rüdi
Bruno Sterling(c) Jota Lingard
Kane(vc) Nacho Vydra

Whatever..

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

GW 31(WC):
69, nice and perverted, just how I like it defence got some points finally, was on the right side of Lingard and Nacho bandwagons and Vydra chipped in as well. These were the reasons I WCed in the first place, so good job by me! Hello proper green arrow, we meet after a long time (yes, I watched all podcasts yesterday. I was sick!)

Lingard and Nacho showed how FPL weirdly gifts you points sometimes. I had been considering getting only one of them, because I felt that game could be tight, Lingard would soon return to mean and Nacho's place was unsure. All sound reasons, but they hauled. Still think I've caught the end of the Lingard wave (like I did with Gundo), although Kelechi looks like a more assured option. Definitely feel a bit lucky because I was sceptical of them this week.. shows how much I know. I'm at the mercy of this game

GW 32:
Already done Sterling->Son. Need to stop messing around with captaincy (Alonso and Sterling were last two) and this is a good week to start.. I mean stop. Yup, Freudian slip there, because I'm thinking Son against So'ton! Probably not worth it though..

Hopefully Maddison is off the naughty step (if I was a much older man with no desire to keep track of names and people anymore, I'd have a hard time telling between him and Grealish) and starts. Not having Salah is getting scarier by the day, just need to somehow pass this GW and hope Alioski of all people restricts him. Bruno over Salah (or maybe getting Maddison) was probably a mistake on WC but I'm hoping Maddi(wba) and Bruno(bur) vindicate the decision.

Leno
Trent Dias Rüdi
Bruno(vc) Son Maddison Jota Lingard
Kane(c) Nacho

Forster Masuaku Vydra Veltman

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

GW 32: 74 points. Into the top 200k, but more importantly, 2 green arrows in a row. My joint best this season

Had a real tough time with moves this week. The 2 options were:

Son->Salah
Or
Kane->Vardy, Maddison/Jota->Salah(-4)

Went with the safer first option in the end. I'm hoping Kane is back next week and that Maddison and Jota aren't much worse than Vardy. If they are, I might lose one of them (instead of Bruno) for Son, but it's unlikely that I'll be getting Vardy..

Leno
Trent Rüdi Veltman
Salah(c) Bruno(vc) Jota Lingard Maddi
Nacho Vydra

Forster Kane Dias Masuaku

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Boiss!! We're back thought I'd do a post-season 'looking back' but exams going on and FPL relaunched early. First draft:

Dubravka (Darling)
Trent Chilwell Digne Fofana Lamptey
Salah KdB Bruno Raphinha (Moder)
Toney (2 4.5s)

Obvious point of contention is 3 premium mids and no decent striker, alternative would be downgrading one to get Havertz + DCL. But I like it as a starting point.

Enjoying the Euros btw, which is a pleasant surprise. Maybe it has something to do with not playing fantasy? England look good btw (don't know why Southgate gets so much stick, he's alright) and have a decent chance of beating Germany.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Latest draft:

Bachmann
Trent Digne Chilwell
Salah Bruno Mahrez Raphinha ESR
Wilson Toney

McGovern Veltman Kelly Nlundulu

Seems okay medium term but Chilwell might not be starting initially, plus I've been ignoring initial fixtures. What changes can be made? Chilwell->Ayling to rotate with Veltman gives 1.5 to upgrade elsewhere, but where?? Very confusing

fred1266
Dumbledore

Post by fred1266 »

With Chiwell a doubt maybe someone like Dias and then get Chilwell around GW1

Why McGovern and not Foster?

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

fred1266 wrote:With Chiwell a doubt maybe someone like Dias and then get Chilwell around GW1

Why McGovern and not Foster?
Just the ownership.. don't want to be arm-twisted into a transfer if he starts dropping because some other 4.0 GK emerges. If Bachmann transfer looks likely, then I'll get him.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

What is this Bachmann transfer you speak of?

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

Arsenal have bid £15m.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

hancockjr wrote: 06 Aug 2021, 08:21 Arsenal have bid £15m.
Ah! Interesting.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

From4corners wrote: 06 Aug 2021, 14:19
hancockjr wrote: 06 Aug 2021, 08:21 Arsenal have bid £15m.
Ah! Interesting.
Who is he, and which position? Arse seem to be linked to everyone on Auntie's Gossip page.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Watford GK blah. Played well for Austria, Ajax were also in for him.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”