To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

SirMattBugsby RMT: Believe!

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Re: SirMattBugsby RMT: Believe!

Post by SirMattBugsby »

From4corners wrote:While no one will have Agüero.
tenor (1).gif
Get him some minutes in the CL and I might join you! Okay maybe not Image but this is what you were probably waiting for!

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Joccki_10 wrote: 19 Feb 2021, 19:08
SirMattBugsby wrote:DCL gets (SOU, wba) for DGW 26. Everyone will be on Kane. Nice..Image
You and me both. 8-)
+1

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

SirMattBugsby wrote: 19 Feb 2021, 20:00
From4corners wrote:While no one will have Agüero.

tenor (1).gif
Get him some minutes in the CL and I might join you! Okay maybe not Image but this is what you were probably waiting for!
I'm merely waiting for you to join. :mrgreen:

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Pre-DGW 26

This is my team for 26 right now:

Emi
Dias Cancelo Mee Targett
Salah Bruno(vc) Son Grealish Gundo
DCL(c)

Peacock Ings Bamford Fergie
0 ITB

11 DGWers but 2 decent SGW forwards on the bench. Ings(eve) and Bamford(AVL) are slightly difficult fixtures but I wouldn't be surprised if one of them returns: both did so in the reverse fixture (Bam scored a hattie) and Villa are dealing with some injuries, of which Cash at RB is known. In any case, it's not exactly good strategy to have >14mil on 2 players on the bench during a DGW.

The other, rumored, injury to Grealish gives me the point of action I was looking for. If Jack is indeed injured, there are 3 ways I can go:

1) Get Kane for -4: Grealish, Ings -> 4.6MID, Kane (-4) and play 4-4-2.

Simple move, better use of money and gets me a highly popular captaincy choice. It questions my rationale to buy Ings in the first place since I considered it a good move for 25-28. I'm not fully sold on Kane either: his ankle problem is being managed, Spurs attack isn't the most fluent and I already have Son. (BUR,ful) look like good defensive fixtures, which brings me to..

2) BB for -8: Grealish, Peacock, Fergie -> Lookman/El Ghazi, Areola/Lloris, Dier/Aina (-8) and bench boost.

If I'm not mistaken, Spurs, Villa and Fulham are the teams who double in 26 and play 29. All 3 of them have atleast one good fixture in 26 and Fulham options are benchable in 27 and 28. Wasn't sold on this initially, but I think the -8 could pay off over next 4 GWs, especially with the congested fixtures, getting to keep Ings and Fulham in good momentum. A bench of Areola Ings Bamford Mee is projected to get 23 points. Disadvantage: No Kane

3) Left field moves: Some players being overlooked are Vardy, El Ghazi and to a lesser extent Barnes/Maddison. I could do a straight swap from Grealish to Barnes and persist with the 4-5-1, or do a move similar to getting Kane, except get Vardy, who imo plays for a better attacking team. El Ghazi is someone I'm really interested in, but we'll have to see how Villa manage without Grealish. I like these moves but they leave me exposed to everything: Kane, BB, 29 so I should probably curb my enthusiasm.

All this on the unsubstantiated rumor about Jack :lol:

Stormrider
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner Fantasy Football Scotland 2021/22

Post by Stormrider »

Hi SirMatt,

Seems we are facing the same situation this week (with different players albeit). So will be definitely pop in again during the week.

If Grealish is out for longer (today he's obviously missing), option 2 definitely looks good. Was also thinking about El Ghazi - question is would he play both games? Getting in the penalty taker would always be a good idea.

Spurs not looking to good yet in the first half @West Ham

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Stormrider wrote: 21 Feb 2021, 12:57 Hi SirMatt,

Seems we are facing the same situation this week (with different players albeit). So will be definitely pop in again during the week.

If Grealish is out for longer (today he's obviously missing), option 2 definitely looks good. Was also thinking about El Ghazi - question is would he play both games? Getting in the penalty taker would always be a good idea.

Any luck Stormy? :?

The strategic part of my brain really wants to BB: I'll be getting GW29 players who double now as well, it's a great GW to BB, I won't have to worry about it on the WC and I'll have a decent playing bench in 27 and 28, which is a bit congested. The player standing in the way though, is one who's scarred me the most in my short time as an FPL manager.

Dramatic, you say? I opted to not get Harry Kane before his back-to-back hattricks against Burnley and Southampton (this time actually feels very similar to that, because he'd blanked in the previous game against Man City iirc. Also, how close was this double to being Burnley and Saints?! Mind blown..). Then there was Kane vs Cardiff: I actually won that one by not going for him, but it was mere relief. Then, last season, I actually played my WC essentially to get him and sell Salah. Harry promptly blanked against Newcastle, while Mo got a 15-pointer against Arsenal (the points difference over 6 GWs was not so bad, but it's always the immediate impact, isn't it?)

Now we meet again Harry. F**ker looks nailed on for 12-18 points and then has (cry) in 27. There's also the promise of Gareth Bale who, in my mind, improves Kane's prospects but diminishes those of Son, whom I own. He really should have stayed injured for 2 more weeks (both of them, in fact). There is an argument that Spurs won't score more than four but the goal involvement.. he'll probably be involved in three of those. I trust Fulham to restrict Spurs but Burnley? They couldn't restrict 10 angry WBA men!

TBC..

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

SirMattBugsby wrote: 26 Feb 2021, 15:28

The strategic part of my brain really wants to BB: I'll be getting GW29 players who double now as well, it's a great GW to BB, I won't have to worry about it on the WC and I'll have a decent playing bench in 27 and 28, which is a bit congested. The player standing in the way though, is one who's scarred me the most in my short time as an FPL manager.

Dramatic, you say? I opted to not get Harry Kane before his back-to-back hattricks against Burnley and Southampton (this time actually feels very similar to that, because he'd blanked in the previous game against Man City iirc. Also, how close was this double to being Burnley and Saints?! Mind blown..). Then there was Kane vs Cardiff: I actually won that one by not going for him, but it was mere relief. Then, last season, I actually played my WC essentially to get him and sell Salah. Harry promptly blanked against Newcastle, while Mo got a 15-pointer against Arsenal (the points difference over 6 GWs was not so bad, but it's always the immediate impact, isn't it?)

Now we meet again Harry. F**ker looks nailed on for 12-18 points and then has (cry) in 27. There's also the promise of Gareth Bale who, in my mind, improves Kane's prospects but diminishes those of Son, whom I own. He really should have stayed injured for 2 more weeks (both of them, in fact). There is an argument that Spurs won't score more than four but the goal involvement.. he'll probably be involved in three of those. I trust Fulham to restrict Spurs but Burnley? They couldn't restrict 10 angry WBA men!

TBC..
some just posted something on ruth page mourinho saying vinicius will get some games

Stormrider
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner Fantasy Football Scotland 2021/22

Post by Stormrider »

SirMattBugsby wrote: 26 Feb 2021, 15:28

TBC..

Hi SirMatt.

Same situation — not decided yet.

— also think to play the whole thing now and be done with it has its merits. Having a full 15 man squad again later could also come at a price
— Was also looking into the Son situation during the week. So it would be taking out Son and bringing in Lookman with Wilson upgrade to Kane and play BB.

Decisions, decisions :lol:

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

After hours of despairing, I caved in. Grealish, Ings -> Reed, Kane (-4). The BB was just not feasible: I was taking one more hit to bring in three players worse than Kane (Lookman, Reguilon, Areola). All GW29 players but I'd need just the first two. Now I'll play Reed instead of Lookman, which looks like a smaller sacrifice than not having Kane. Khaiinne!

So, now that I've covered the f**ker, tell me why I shouldn't TC DCL.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Welcome to my world re TC 😭😭😭

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

blahblah wrote:Welcome to my world re TC ImageImageImage
Buying Kane is bad enough, I'm sure as hell not captaining him. Putting it on a Mourinho player.. have some respect for the chip! Image

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

SirMattBugsby wrote: 26 Feb 2021, 23:52
Buying Kane is bad enough, I'm sure as hell not captaining him. Putting it on a Mourinho player.. have some respect for the chip! Image
No Spuds in my rabble.....

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

blahblah wrote:
Good man. I'm regretting it now, should've gotten Lookman instead. I guess it's "safe"..

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

SirMattBugsby wrote: 27 Feb 2021, 00:00
blahblah wrote:
Good man. I'm regretting it now, should've gotten Lookman instead. I guess it's "safe"..
Yeah. I think Fulham are as safe a bet as India on a turning pitch 😉

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

blahblah wrote:
Yeah. I think Fulham are as safe a bet as India on a turning pitch Image
Heard about that Image new levels of shamelessness achieved.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

SirMattBugsby wrote: 27 Feb 2021, 00:14
blahblah wrote:
The worst was Root getting so many wickets in the 1st Innings 😂😂😂

Your lot should be ashamed 🙈🙈🙈🙈

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Admittedly Root's first wicket was a delivery up there with Warne getting Gatting (the fat...) Out with his first Test delivery over here.

It was far from his first delivery here as he got smashed all over the place playing Lancashire League Cricket a year or 3 earlier.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

blahblah wrote:
SirMattBugsby wrote: 27 Feb 2021, 00:14
blahblah wrote:
The worst was Root getting so many wickets in the 1st Innings ImageImageImage

Your lot should be ashamed ImageImageImageImage
Rarely watch India play anymore tbh. I like test matches and they don't.

My closure on cricket came with Tendulkar's last test. Wasn't even his biggest fan (more of a Ganguly guy Image), but seeing him retire live at his home ground was the end of one constant I associated with cricket.

Plus, football's way better on most days Image Dada agrees with me!

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

It's done. TC DCL this season. First prayer: may the universe give him the strength to play 150+ minutes

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

SirMattBugsby wrote: It's done. TC DCL this season. First prayer: may the universe give him the strength to play 150+ minutes Image
He's a very good choice. GL.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
SirMattBugsby wrote: It's done. TC DCL this season. First prayer: may the universe give him the strength to play 150+ minutes Image
He's a very good choice. GL.
Good luck to you too RNZ. I do have Kane for these purposes Image

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

GW 26 review, 27 preview

86 (-4). AAARGGHHH! F**k you Dominic!

The Premier League, and with it my FPL team, is descending into mediocrity: it has been for a while. Low-scoring games everywhere, amidst which I've managed to squeeze 4 premiums into the eleven. Looks wasteful and inefficient atm. BB might have been a bit more profitable, but not by much. The only proper gain out of it would have been Reguilon.

My team right now has 3 MCI, 2 AVL, Kane, Son and Bamford. They're all fine and can be held. This leaves Bruno, Salah and DCL. There's an argument to lose each of them but there's risk in it as well.

1) Bruno: (mci) up next, so if I'm going to drop him, it's now till GW 30. Despite the upcoming EL fixture with Milan, I'm not concerned about rotation: PL should remain United's priority. The team has had a couple of sub-par results but unlike Liverpool, it's settled and Bruno remains our main man. Finally, Bruno -> Lingard before the Manchester Derby? As a United fan, that's wrong on soo many levels :lol:

2) Salah: (FUL, wol) are the next 2 fixtures, so there's no need to lose him right now.. but his team are in disarray. Liverpool have given up on this season, they just want it to end. With Jota returning and the UCL second leg next week, I won't be surprised if Salah doesn't start against Wolves. Add to that the GW 30 fixture against Arsenal (he has a good record against them, mind), and the case to sell him is becoming stronger than Bruno..

3) DCL: This guy has f**ked me bad. My GW 1 pick, I've held him all this time and put the TC on him. I said before that I was mentally prepared for him to fail and it initially didn't hurt much tbh. But that was because I didn't watch Everton's games. Watched the highlights today and I got screwed on so many levels! Ancelotti changed tactics to a diamond, which turned DCL into a decoy for Rich and Siggy. Pickford's ADHD medication is finally working, which means Everton can win 1-0 with more surety. Even then, DCL missed some clear-cut chances, including a one-on-one.

There's a strong case to lose DCL before (che), especially since the replacement will be Antonio (LEE). What deters me is the DGW possibility in 28 (even though it's not the best attack-wise), good fixture in 30 and most importantly, Everton's prospects in the league. They have a genuine chance of finishing top six, especially if Liverpool continue the way they are and Spurs prioritize the EL. DCL could be a good long-term hold at his price in that case, and more benchable than Mo or Bruno..

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

You sound a bit disappointed :wink: why don't you leave them all there for this GW and reassess?
Otherwise follow me DCL :arrow: Antonio, and forget the maybe double GW :?:

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

wahine wrote:You sound a bit disappointed :wink: why don't you leave them all there for this GW and reassess?
I am Image they were all supposed to return double figures this week!

DCL->Antonio is good but what about Salah->JLingz? ImageImage

wahine
Grumpy Cat
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

I think someone mentioned JLIngz wouldn' t be eligible to start an upcoming fixture?

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Yeah, I'll bench him for that (mun GW 28). Guess who'll sub in.. DCL!

wahine
Grumpy Cat
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

:lol: Ok

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

wahine wrote: 06 Mar 2021, 07:23 You sound a bit disappointed :wink: why don't you leave them all there for this GW and reassess?
So I have followed wahine. DCL :arrow: Antonio. Would be classic FPL if DCL now scores and then a DGW is announced but Everton's fixtures, and their general play, look better for someone like Digne now. One could argue that Antonio's fixtures are difficult as well but I actually fancy him in these kind of fixtures: he'll certainly terrorize Maguire and Lindelof :lol: Points regarding Salah remain but I can always lose him ahead of 29, by which time Grealish could be an option again.

Team for GW 27

Emi
Dias Cancelo Targett
Bruno Mo Gundo(c) Son
Kane Antonio(vc) Bamford

Peacock Mee Reed Fergie
1.1 ITB

Thoughts on captaincy? I'm not fully sold on Gundogan but he has a good chance of scoring in either game. Starting to dislike these DGWs, hope this is the last of them for some time.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Ah my efforts to diverge from the template have worked. We now have zero midfielders in common. :P

Let's not mention that this has been done by renouncing the 5 highest-scoring mids in the game, of which you have four. :lol:

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Ruth_NZ wrote:Ah my efforts to diverge from the template have worked. We now have zero midfielders in common. Image

Let's not mention that this has been done by renouncing the 5 highest-scoring mids in the game, of which you have four. Image
Salah->Auba is an inspired transfer Image was tempted to do so myself, although I was thinking more Salah, Reed-> JLingz, Saka (-4).

The template is p**sing me off right now Image Salah has been such a drag since I got him. A hit to effectively change him to Sterling was also something I thought of..

Selling premiums for 6m mids is a bit of a mental barrier I'm not able to overcome.. and that has been the way to go this season.

Will be keeping a close look at your team RNZ. I need to know which differential to pick up Image

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”