To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Pulpy - rate my team

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
Pulpy
Grumpy Old Man

Pulpy - rate my team

Post by Pulpy »

Wildcard.jpg
Had a play around this morning with a wildcard team and have come up with this so far.

I'm not sure on Wimmer's game time though?

Also uncertain whether to try and squeeze in Hazard over Eriksen but that will mean trimming back somewhere else (0.5 in the bank with this team). Salah is another possibility but I'd probably prefer to bring Mane in at some point once he is back.

No Arsenal is a risk given the immediate fixtures but I'm trying to take a longer term view. Lukaku can come back at some point for Kane or Kun if required.

Any thoughts appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Pulpy on 30 Jun 2019, 21:25, edited 1 time in total.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Re: Pulpy - rate my wildcard team

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Wimmer looks like your 5th defender to me so worth the risk - how often do you really envisage playing him?

For me Hazard needs to demonstrate that he's back and fully match fit. After a long layoff we often see an impact in the first couple of games and then a lull. I have Salah and would probably prefer Eriksen but in my case not enough to spend a transfer.

Kun/Kane/Kaku - the odd one out will score points. Don't fret. Carroll though? Not for me

Kramkar
Kevin and Perry

Post by Kramkar »

You could do Wimmer to Mbemba to pocket 0.4 mill. I would also try to upgrade Carroll somehow. I like your midfield (very similar to mine, haha), but I would consider switching up the defence a bit to upgrade Carroll.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

I'd use the 0.5m to get Kolathing in, tbh (but then I am doing so this week, subject to disasters elsewhere); and I'm not convinced Kane and Kun are worth the 1 or 2m to others, with the cash going into mid\defence....

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 21 Sep 2017, 05:21 Carroll though? Not for me
You Heathen, you. What is the point of playing FPL without getting annoyed at him? :shock:

Have him and he gets crocked while doing nowt; don't have him and he scores :lol: :lol: :lol:

I brought him in earlier this GW

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

The bvgger is worse than that, he has now found a new way to sabotage my FPL team without ever having been in it and without being in anyone else's either. That is by making a miraculous recovery from injury in order to push my opportunist striker into a wide role he can't play. This forces me to sell, at which point Carroll will revert to injured mode and my striker will return to position A and start scoring again.

The only solution I can see is "don't have Carroll or any player in the slightest way associated with him". The highlighted part being this season's new development. :roll:

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Pulpy wrote:Any thoughts appreciated.

I think you have the makings of a very fine 4-4-2 structure there. Downgrade Carroll to Calvert-Lewin or Hemed (they will be your first sub most weeks) and switch Keane for Mustafi. That would put £1.5m in the bank, allowing Silva :arrow: Mané or Otamendi :arrow: Alonso later on for example.

You doubtless know this but Mee will probably hit 4.4m before deadline so I'd hold on bringing him in till the last minute. If he doesn't fall then Ward is less likely to give you a price drop. Or you could take the somewhat more risky Mbemba and save another 0.5m.

Pulpy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Pulpy »

Thanks for the comments all, plenty to consider there.

I guess I won't know any more about Wimmer before the weekend so I think I'll look elsewhere. 442 is something I need to look at more, I may end up in a slight hybrid of that, though I probably should be a bit more rigid with structure as it always causes me issues down the line when I'm not.

I like Keane as a pick, good baseline bonus and some threat, and Everton should pick up with better fixtures, maybe to what extent is now debatable, but they should improve. Ruth stop planning future transfers for my City men, they won't all get rotated! :P Although on a more serious note Silva to Mane could be a good idea.

Waiting on Hazard is probably a good idea. Still tempted by Carroll though, what could possibly go wrong? :P

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Pulpy wrote:Ruth stop planning future transfers for my City men, they won't all get rotated! :P

Yes they will. :)

Pulpy wrote:Although on a more serious note Silva to Mané could be a good idea.

I mentioned Mané only because he was a player you said you'd like to be able to add is all. :P

The main thing is to decide what structure will support what you want to do best in my view. When you wildcard you should really be setting that structure in place, having to change structure can be awkward and cost a lot of FTs and/or hits otherwise. Good luck with it!

Pulpy
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Pulpy - rate my team

Post by Pulpy »

Just had a quick play around with a 451. Likely I'll go 442 but some food for thought:

Screenshot_20190630-211236.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

Post by itslikebrandnew »

You might get scuppered by Arnie as West Ham are after splashing the cash on a new striker.

Pulpy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Pulpy »

True but I'm playing around on structure along with personell at the moment (although the two are obviously linked).

Other strikers are available at a similar price or I could upgrade to Vardy and cut some funds on the bench/in midfield.

Pulpy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Pulpy »

This is how I stand today with limited time available to tinker from here on:
Screenshot_20190807-110148.png
Lamela is a placeholder while the Chelsea midfield becomes clear. Concerned about Zinchenko but I'll take the risk. Bench will be weak until the wildcard but I'll take my medicine as it comes with that.

I prefer KDB to Sterling long term but with Sterling being City's chief threat until Kun returns he could accumulate points quickly in the opening fixtures. That one will be switched at the wildcard and will release funds elsewhere.

Good luck for the season everyone!

Pulpy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Pulpy »

I've just been playing around with some future transfer options and Zaha could be a great option from GW 14/15 offering fantastic value and strong fixtures with minimal rotation risk.

Taking a Mount or Martial (who I will likely have by then) out for him does not seem wise and when I look closely at the midfield Sterling seems the most likely to leave. In fact after this weekend Sterling seems a luxury that would not be captained regularly and has some rotation risk.

The Sterling money could be used to fund TAA, Mendy and a striker upgrade to a Vardy or Lacazette. However it is always a risky business removing City assets as they are the most free scoring team.

Is anyone else of a mind to lose Raheem?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”