To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

R_NZ FPL Blog

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
huskerdu
FISOhead

Re: R_NZ RMT Blog

Post by huskerdu »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 24 Feb 2019, 23:47
huskerdu wrote:Ruth is Auba worth hanging onto if you still have him? I was going to bring Aguero back in but kinda nervous as he played 120 minutes today.
I always planned to keep him and captain him this Wednesday and would have done so even if Aguero hadn't played today. With Kun playing 120 and PEA only 25 I'd say that's even more indicated now. But then I thought it better to keep Aubameyang in GW25 and look how that went. :roll:

huskerdu wrote:Is there a post where you summarize the best plan moving forward for those who still have all their chips? Love your contributions to the forum buddy!
Hey, listen, the truth is that there isn't such a thing. Joccki asked me when I thought he should best play his wildcard a couple of days back and it took me 2 hours to look at his team, chips and transfers left and to factor in his preferences before I could make a suggestion for him. So, what I'm saying is that it is dependent on the squad you already have, the transfers available and possibly also your OR/ML situation and/or risk tolerance. I don't think there is any such thing as a generic best plan.

What I would say is that GW32 looks almost certain to offer by far the best opportunity for the TC and I'd prioritise that. That means no FH and no WC in GW32. For most squads it is possible to get to a team that will have 8-10 good players in GW31 through FTs and, by making sure you arrive in GW32 with 2 FTs, to make perhaps 3 transfers for GW32 at the cost of 4 points that delivers a very good GW32 team - not all doublers but maybe 8-9 doublers and 2-3 good SGW players. Losing Salah in GW32 would be an essential component of that plan, of course. But then you could FH33, WC34 and BB35 for example (and bring Salah back if you want him back).

There are other variations around this theme but that's the kind of route I'd be exploring first.

Incidentally... in case it isn't clear to everyone, if City beat Swansea in the next round of the FAC they will be 95% certain to have ful CAR as a DGW in GW32. The only thing that could prevent that is the very unlikely event of Schalke overturning a 2-3 deficit an the Etihad on 12th March and even that would only make a different outcome possible; City would likely still get that DGW32 anyway. So for planning purposes I think you can work on that basis. I am anyway.
Thank you so much for the awesome suggestions! I'm only 11 points on second place in my ML but guy below me has used up all his chips. third place is only 31 points behind and like me has all chips remaining.

Best of luck!

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Ruth_NZ wrote:Incidentally... in case it isn't clear to everyone, if City beat Swansea in the next round of the FAC they will be 95% certain to have ful CAR as a DGW in GW32. The only thing that could prevent that is the very unlikely event of Schalke overturning a 2-3 deficit an the Etihad on 12th March and even that would only make a different outcome possible; City would likely still get that DGW32 anyway. So for planning purposes I think you can work on that basis. I am anyway.
Also to note: both Arsenal and Wolves will have a DGW35 and that's 100%. Arsenal's will be CRY wol and Wolves will have BHA ARS.

mandoncare
Treebeard

Post by mandoncare »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 24 Feb 2019, 23:47
huskerdu wrote:Ruth is Auba worth hanging onto if you still have him? I was going to bring Aguero back in but kinda nervous as he played 120 minutes today.
I always planned to keep him and captain him this Wednesday and would have done so even if Aguero hadn't played today. With Kun playing 120 and PEA only 25 I'd say that's even more indicated now. But then I thought it better to keep Aubameyang in GW25 and look how that went. :roll:

huskerdu wrote:Is there a post where you summarize the best plan moving forward for those who still have all their chips? Love your contributions to the forum buddy!
Hey, listen, the truth is that there isn't such a thing. Joccki asked me when I thought he should best play his wildcard a couple of days back and it took me 2 hours to look at his team, chips and transfers left and to factor in his preferences before I could make a suggestion for him. So, what I'm saying is that it is dependent on the squad you already have, the transfers available and possibly also your OR/ML situation and/or risk tolerance. I don't think there is any such thing as a generic best plan.

What I would say is that GW32 looks almost certain to offer by far the best opportunity for the TC and I'd prioritise that. That means no FH and no WC in GW32. For most squads it is possible to get to a team that will have 8-10 good players in GW31 through FTs and, by making sure you arrive in GW32 with 2 FTs, to make perhaps 3 transfers for GW32 at the cost of 4 points that delivers a very good GW32 team - not all doublers but maybe 8-9 doublers and 2-3 good SGW players. Losing Salah in GW32 would be an essential component of that plan, of course. But then you could FH33, WC34 and BB35 for example (and bring Salah back if you want him back).

There are other variations around this theme but that's the kind of route I'd be exploring first.

Incidentally... in case it isn't clear to everyone, if City beat Swansea in the next round of the FAC they will be 95% certain to have ful CAR as a DGW in GW32. The only thing that could prevent that is the very unlikely event of Schalke overturning a 2-3 deficit an the Etihad on 12th March and even that would only make a different outcome possible; City would likely still get that DGW32 anyway. So for planning purposes I think you can work on that basis. I am anyway.
Awesome analysis on the coming BGW/DGW. Trying to navigate it has certainly been giving me a headache. I had committed to building for GW 31 without chips which I automatically thought meant FH32 but this alternative (plan for GW31&32 without chips, TC32, FH33, WC34 and BB35) interests me now. That means you can keep any United and City players you have (I have 3) while also getting those playing in GW31. I think it is wise to avoid letting DGW/BGW planning affect the week-to-week team too much as points get lost there, so your strategy also has a plus in that you can keep or even get players from the Manchester teams for their immediate tasty fixtures. Obviously Rashford's injury could be an issue with the limited FTs we have left.

Also for those considering the FH31 just had a quick look and I believe the FH33 beats that with Chelsea playing at home that week and Arsenal players also in the pool.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

@ Ruth: Although this is still the fantasy game which I take the least seriously, I am trying to put a little more effort into it this season, (not that that intent saved me from forgetting to use my first wild card :oops:). Hence I intend to put some thought into all this DGW/BGW business. However in my dotage I seem to have the attention span of about two minutes and soon after starting to read any of your good analytical stuff on the subject, I give up. So I'd be grateful if you'd comment on my intended strategy for the rest of the season which is aimed at giving me a reasonable finish without any deep thinking involved.

My current team using the available transfers is probably acceptable for the next few weeks. Then in the 6th round week, when my team will be decimated I intend to use the FH. Only once I've used my FH will I then start thinking about the rest of the season, i.e the use of my wildcard and TC chips. By that time the fixtures for the rest of the season will be reasonably clear and very little "what if" thinking will be required. Seems to me that while this is a sub-optimal non holistic approach, it meets my criteria of simplicity and a decent second best approach. Have I forgotten something that will result in this approach being really stupid? Thanks in Advance.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

It depends on how simple you want to make it, mate. :)

As it stands your plan is good up until GW31 and has the advantage that you are not looking too far ahead but are playing the GWs immediately before you. But I'd say that you should really have a vague idea at least of when you will use the other chips.

My recommendation would be that you look to play the TC in GW32, it will be the best opportunity for it. That means no wildcard till GW33 at least, so your transfers now should have half a mind on setting up GW32 as well. The teams that are likely to have a great GW32 are City (90%) & United (100%) so I'd be looking to prefer players from those. Other teams that have a good chance to have a good GW32 double are Chelsea, Spurs, Palace & Southampton. So I'd tend to be prioritising/keeping players from those 6 teams as a preference.

The other thing would be to do your damnedest to arrive at GW32 with 2 FTs (so, having rolled a FT at some stage). If you do all that, you will almost certainly be able to field a good GW32 team without using the WC and to have a very good TC opportunity. Then you can review in GW33. Is that simple enough?.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

It's my intention to use my TC in GW32 especially if it appears likely that Aguero isn't going to be rotated that week, and to make sure that current transfers take all the game weeks, up to the point where fixtures are known, into account. So thanks very much for a reassuring and simple answer for lazy ol' me. :wink:

The only point that you raise that I won't be putting much weight on is arriving at GW32 with two transfers. Firstly all transfers between now and then will take all weeks up to GW32 into account. Secondly if as intended I use my FH in GW31, as I understand it, the rules would prevent me carrying over a transfer into GW32.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Striker wrote: 25 Feb 2019, 16:08 It's my intention to use my TC in GW32 especially if it appears likely that Aguero isn't going to be rotated that week, and to make sure that current transfers take all the game weeks, up to the point where fixtures are known, into account. So thanks very much for a reassuring and simple answer for lazy ol' me. :wink:

The only point that you raise that I won't be putting much weight on is arriving at GW32 with two transfers. Firstly all transfers between now and then will take all weeks up to GW32 into account. Secondly if as intended I use my FH in GW31, as I understand it, the rules would prevent me carrying over a transfer into GW32.
Yes, that's right. I'd say that you should be prepared to take a hit in GW32 then to lose Salah and another for 2 good doublers. GL.

Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

Post by Archy »

Now Aubameyang has a couple of tough games followed by a blank, It’s now crunch time as to what to do about him/Aguero

The fact Jesus is out injured strengthens the case for Aguero to come in for Aubameyang for the next 2 weeks. Are you still going to resist Ruth?

I can either give in and bring in Aguero, or do Aubameyang :arrow: Higuain, which will also release enough funds to do Jota :arrow: Hazard. (Jota has been a big disappointment and Hazard has potential to deliver ‘catch-up’ returns)

What’s your latest thoughts Ruth?

shmiro
Treebeard

Post by shmiro »

I would also like to hear your thoughts re Highuain, especially about his “nailedness” in the first 11

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

Archy wrote: 28 Feb 2019, 07:25
The fact Jesus is out injured strengthens the case for Aguero to come in for Aubameyang for the next 2 weeks. Are you still going to resist Ruth?

I can either give in and bring in Aguero, or do Aubameyang :arrow: Higuain, which will also release enough funds to do Jota :arrow: Hazard. (Jota has been a big disappointment and Hazard has potential to deliver ‘catch-up’ returns)
Regarding Jesus:
Speaking in his press conference today, the Spaniard confirmed centre-back pairing Aymeric Laporte and John Stones are out - as well as Brazilian internationals Fernandinho and Gabriel Jesus.

Guardiola said: "I think John (Stones) and Gabriel (Jesus) are coming back soon, the other two maybe the Swansea game."
This strongly implies that Laporte and Fernandinho will be back for the FA Cup game during GW31, and Stones and Jesus will be back earlier than that. I think it's very likely that Aguero makes way for Jesus in one of the next two games. I think Joccki mentioned in another thread that Jesus has resumed training. Maybe I'm being hopeful as someone without Aguero, but I think it's too late to bring him in if you don't have him. You're likely bringing him in for 1 game in the next 3 gameweeks.

Like you, I'll be shipping out Auba. I've been considering Vardy or Higuain for a few weeks. Vardy shades it for me. His numbers from open play are a bit better, he's on pens, and hopefully Leicester will play with some new life under Rodgers. Plus he's slightly cheaper than Higuain. Higuain could score well though, so don't let me warn you off him if you like him.

Archy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Archy »

Good info and advice, thank you Turd

(But I also thought it likely he'd make way for Jesus one game in the DGW and look where that thought got us :roll: )

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

Archy wrote: 28 Feb 2019, 16:27 Good info and advice, thank you Turd

(But I also thought it likely he'd make way for Jesus one game in the DGW and look where that thought got us :roll: )
Yeah, the big risk is that Jesus gets the Champions League game and Aguero gets both league games. We shall see. If you have a competitive captain for the next two weeks, though, I just don't see it being worth it to bring in Aguero. Chips of course come into play. If you're free hitting in 31, then maybe you bring him in. I'm free hitting in 32, so I'll just bring in whichever City players I fancy that week, and avoid Aguero in 31 and 33.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

shmiro wrote: I would also like to hear your thoughts re Higuain, especially about his “nailedness” in the first 11.
Well, the thing is that Sarri is as new to me as anyone else and I don't for sure know what he will do. I have been impressed by Chelsea in the last couple of games, also against Spurs twice in the CC SF legs. In those games, Sarri has shown himself able to tweak his 4-3-3R and allow Chelsea to defend deeper and counter. I think that suits them more right now than the high-press attacking game that he really wants. And I don't know what he will do in the easier (on paper) fixtures upcoming.

It is also quite a big unknown what place the EL will have in Sarri's thinking but I suspect that it is already Priority #1. It is the only thing we can win this season, it is highly reputed in Italy and it is the most surefire route available into next season's CL. I think it will be given at least equal status with the PL now and that could well mean some rotation that FPL managers won't like. Certainly if Chelsea get past Kiev then I expect that to be the case because realistically there's no team in the EL that Chelsea can't beat.

All that is a long way around to say that I believe there is some uncertainty over gametime for every Chelsea player, including Hazard. I don't think there's any doubt that Higuain is first choice #9 but that doesn't mean he'll start every PL game necessarily. GW30 looks particularly iffy to me where rotation is concerned but it does depend what team Sarri sends out next Thursday.

I haven't been that impressed with Higuain so far to be honest. He's really quite ponderous; whether that's lack of sharpness or the fact that Chelsea have failed to dominate effectively recently I can't say. Certainly the word is that he is above all a penalty box striker and terrific finisher and maybe he'll do best when Chelsea are dominating teams, as in his brace against Huddersfield. But there is also the fact that none of Hazard, Willian, Pedro are traditional wingers. I think that Hudson-Odoi and Emerson favour Higuain (both deliver very good crosses) whereas Pedro and Alonso, if playing, are more concerned to get into the box themselves.

I am considering Higuain, partly because the fixtures are so useful (including a fairly likely DGW32 and a good one at that) and partly because Higuain's record suggests he's on a par with Aguero (or very close). But I haven't seen the evidence yet and at the moment am more inclined to get Hazard, even though it's much more awkward. I also think Kanté is a ridiculously good pick if you have a midfield slot that size.

Archy wrote: Now Aubameyang has a couple of tough games followed by a blank, It’s now crunch time as to what to do about him/Aguero.
I can either give in and bring in Aguero, or do Aubameyang :arrow: Higuain, which will also release enough funds to do Jota :arrow: Hazard. (Jota has been a big disappointment and Hazard has potential to deliver ‘catch-up’ returns).
What’s your latest thoughts Ruth?
Yeah, we are in the same boat here. :)

I won't get Kun, I think the likelihood of him missing one of the next 2 games is too high. I will probably wait until GW32 for City unless I take Sterling this week. I shared my thoughts on Higuain above but am also considering Firmino to replace PEA if he's fit soon. And Arnie is another option - he's the one I'd really like in fact if I could be at all sure of his fitness. Nowhere near a decision right now and it's not impossible that I will keep Aubameyang this week and do a double transfer with Jota next week.

I think TF's comments above are good as well. My situation is different because I already have Vardy.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Just did Son, Aubameyang :arrow: Sterling, Arnautovic for a hit.

Wanted to catch the Sterling rise so moved tonight. Arnie is a risk but I have TAA & Maguire benched anyway so if he looks doubtful I'll just replace him, he should be OK next week if not this. He's a risk in general because he didn't start for a while but the next 3 fixtures for West Ham are to die for and if he's fit and starts he could fill his boots. Though I'd have preferred Antonio if I had space in the midfield.

Regards Sterling, the logical move was Hazard but I decided to go for immediate points and Sterling will be my captain this weekend. Fingers crossed anyway.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

I meant to comment and acknowledge your Antonio point from a couple of weeks ago.
I jumped the other way and went for Anderson. As he racks up the 2-pointers I note that Antonio has been contributing regularly. Shame you didn’t back your judgement at the time!

Archy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Archy »

Good luck Ruth, and all other non-Aguero holders. We’re due a turn of fortune!

I’ve also made my move Aubameyang :arrow: Higuain. Will consider Jota :arrow: Hazard for a hit today.

Fingers crossed

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

Archy wrote: 01 Mar 2019, 07:36 Good luck Ruth, and all other non-Aguero holders. We’re due a turn of fortune!

I’ve also made my move Aubameyang :arrow: Higuain. Will consider Jota :arrow: Hazard for a hit today.

Fingers crossed
Aguero is a tough call and good luck with Higuain, but why not Jota to Kante and use the money for an upgrade next week? Chelsea defenders are looking really interesting over the next few weeks as well.

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

Well, this season is is a bit of a slog isn’t it!
RNZ, I see you are languishing in a similar 150k+ position to me.

Brought in Arnie 2 weeks ago building for 31, and so far he’s played 20 mins then blank! Hopefully you bring us some luck.

Every move I make this year seems to backfire. Down to 8th in my SL....8th!! I usually come 1st or 2nd, so lots to do.

Made the Salahless move and lost out
Made the no big striker move and lost out
Hung on to players far too long (Alonso, Mitro, Rich etc)
Ho-hum

Pinning all my hopes now on the BGW/DGW period, although I know most of the genpop also are doing similar so that edge is somewhat blunted.

Son >> Haz this week, hoping he goes on a mini run, but concerned about his sub 60 hooking at the weekend, so do I captain him

Cityless currently, so expecting another bad week, but I’m committed to the 31/33 plan now, gulp.

Good luck all.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: I meant to comment and acknowledge your Antonio point from a couple of weeks ago.
I jumped the other way and went for Anderson. As he racks up the 2-pointers I note that Antonio has been contributing regularly. Shame you didn’t back your judgement at the time!
Story of my season, SP - "all the right players but not necessarily in the right order". :lol:

I just didn't have a slot for Antonio other than instead of Maddison and I'm happy with him too. Could be next week when replacing Jota but I'll more likely go for Fraser.

jacksosi wrote:Son :arrow: Haz this week, hoping he goes on a mini run, but concerned about his sub 60 hooking at the weekend, so do I captain him?
Cityless currently, so expecting another bad week, but I’m committed to the 31/33 plan now, gulp.
I think he starts and probably plays 90. I'd be more worried about the GW30 game against Wolves. Depends whether Sarri uses him on Thursday really.
I am committed to playing GW31/2 without chips as well (pretty much) so Hazard would have been more logical for me too. But making what I think is the sensible move hasn't served me that well this season so I am just chasing immediate points now really. :roll:
Last edited by Ruth_NZ on 01 Mar 2019, 08:07, edited 1 time in total.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 01 Mar 2019, 07:59
Smurphy's Paw wrote: I meant to comment and acknowledge your Antonio point from a couple of weeks ago.
Story of my season, SP - "all the right players but not necessarily in the right order". :lol:

I just didn't have a slot for Antonio other than instead of Maddison and I'm happy with him too. Could be next week when replacing Jota but I'll more likely go for Fraser.
Yes, I am also looking at Fraser in the next week or two. I could really do with him dropping to £6m though, that’d facilitate Doherty to Luiz as well (plus a necessary keeper switch). If not Brooks could come in as my Bournemouth mid. Have you considered him at all instead?

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: Yes, I am also looking at Fraser in the next week or two. I could really do with him dropping to £6m though, that’d facilitate Doherty to Luiz as well (plus a necessary keeper switch). If not Brooks could come in as my Bournemouth mid. Have you considered him at all instead?
Yes but the fitness situation is very vague. If it helped me to have a player at that level I'd probably go for Kanté as I'd like to play GW32 without using the FH or WC too.

Archy wrote: Good luck Ruth, and all other non-Aguero holders. We’re due a turn of fortune!
Fingers crossed.
Good luck 2U2. The move you have made is the one I had in mind too but in the end I just haven't been as impressed with Higuain as I expected to be. Could well fill his boots @ Fulham though.

I also looked at losing Jota this week but can't be doing that before Cardiff @ Molineux. The damned shame with Jota is that I had fully intended to get him in GW23 but decided to wait a week to avoid a hit (and because the player being removed had a good GW23 fixture as well). And thus missed his hat-trick. Timing is everything and mine has just been off this season. :(

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

Oxford NZ wrote: 01 Mar 2019, 07:51
Archy wrote: 01 Mar 2019, 07:36 Good luck Ruth, and all other non-Aguero holders. We’re due a turn of fortune!

Fingers crossed
Aguero is a tough call and good luck with Higuain, but why not Jota to Kante and use the money for an upgrade next week? Chelsea defenders are looking really interesting over the next few weeks as well.
Which Chelsea defender would you recommend Ox

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

fred1266 wrote: 01 Mar 2019, 16:46
If they can continue the heroic defending from the City and Spurs matches matches David Luis. Not only clean sheet points but he has good attacking potential and will play most games.

Edit to add Rudiger as an outstanding option as well.

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

Oxford NZ wrote: 01 Mar 2019, 19:48
fred1266 wrote: 01 Mar 2019, 16:46
If they can continue the heroic defending from the City and Spurs matches matches David Luis. Not only clean sheet points but he has good attacking potential and will play most games.

Edit to add Rudiger as an outstanding option as well.
thanks thought Rudiger missed some games recently

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Another raasclaat awful week, some highlights:
  1. Choosing to bring in Arnie over Higuain when I could have afforded either; seems that Pellegrini is going to punish him for the China fiasco until he leaves, despite Arnie signing a new contract;
  2. Leaving TAA's 9 points on the bench (didn't expect a Liverpool CS but on reflection that was just a dumb decision really);
  3. Having Jota injured after 47 minutes when he had a decent chance of a big haul;
  4. Having him replaced by Doherty for a 1-pointer, thus shutting TAA out for me;
  5. Having Doherty benched in the first place, which I really did not expect, meaning Doherty didn't get the CS points either;
  6. Captaincy fail (but at least not Pogba).
Maybe I shouldn't have played at all this season, I knew I wouldn't have much time for it. But either I am making mistake after mistake or getting bad break after bad break. Probably a combination of both. Either way, my team now stands at an embarrassing 216k and I have pretty much given up bothering about it. You can get into runs with games when your timing is on or off and mine is off for FPL right now. Though wierdly, the advice I have given to others seems to have been pretty good in the main, just have struggled to apply it to my own team.

Anyway, I have taken a -8 this week already because I had exact money for Arnie, Jota, Shaw :arrow: Higuain, Bacuna, Robertson. Perhaps it was worthwhile because Higuain & Robertson rose in price last night and I'd have been priced out. Hopefully that's all the hits done with; I can now field 10 in GW31 and have 2FTs for GW32, when I should be able to field a pretty good team and use the TC. After that there should be no worries because the FH and WC will follow after that.

Arnie :arrow: Higuain just corrected my mistake from GW29. It's not that Higuain was brilliant yesterday but what encouraged me more was Sarri playing him for 90 minutes. I think the idea is to help him get sharp by playing him. Robertson needs no explanation and Bacuna is simply a 4.2m midfielder with a decent GW31 fixture. It's the only time I will ever play him but he should be worth 2 points anyway. Losing Shaw was simply because he is 1 YC away from a 2-game ban and that could very easily affect GW32. Though I now doubt that Doherty will play twice in GW32 either.

Hope your season is going better than mine. :)

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: Similar to Everton - haven't cracked the top 10k glass ceiling yet, neither have I had and sub 500k shockers either!
International tournaments: Better, 11k in WC 2018 and top 1000 way back at Euro 2012!

Post by TheRumourMill »

Same here Ruth. We have both gone on exactly the same trajectory since GW24. The factor we have in common? Owning Aubameyang when most others had Aguero. The 4 gameweeks from 25 to 28 yielded a score of 10 for Auba and 45 for Aguero. A 35 point swing without even taking captaincy into consideration.

You can get most aspects of a season right, but it only takes one misjudgement for it all to completely fall apart! FPL reminds me of a round of golf in many ways, I've been on for a good round a few times, only to hack it into the water from the middle of the fairway. This metaphor extends to both FPL and the actual game of golf itself :lol: Thats why I much prefer the Stableford scoring system :P

dod
FISOhead
FS Record: I have never won FPL.

Post by dod »

It's all a learning experience Ruth.

I've made many of the same mistakes you have. I intend to blog about my season's mistakes when I have the time but for me the most important thing is differentiating genuine errors of judgement from simple bad luck. The Aguero/Aubameyang thing was a clear example. Was Kun under the Pep rotation threat really worth 2 transfers to hokey-cokey with Aubameyang? With hindsight and back to back GW hatricks the answer is obviously yes but I can't beat myself up over not doing it because I still think I made the value play. I think we just got unlucky there.

I've certainly made plenty of genuinely stupid plays this season :oops: . Probably none of them cost as much as a couple of decisions that I would put in the 'misfortune' category but all together they've cost me far more. I can't do anything to enhance my serendipity so I'm not going to worry about it. There's plenty of 'stupid' to be getting on with. :lol:

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

dod wrote:I can't do anything to enhance my serendipity so I'm not going to worry about it. There's plenty of 'stupid' to be getting on with. :lol:
:) There always is, dod. And that's fundamentally my attitude about it too.

Archy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Archy »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 04 Mar 2019, 08:21 either I am making mistake after mistake or getting bad break after bad break. Probably a combination of both.
I'm sitting around 160k and sharing your pain Ruth.

I think I've made mistakes too; going ahead with Jota :arrow: Hazard last week being the latest one (I regretted it as soon as i did it. I think things like this reflect an element of frustration kicking in) ....but also sufferring a consistent run of pretty appalling breaks.

When I look at my run of luck vs my main min-league rival, its almost comical. It starts when he wildcarded in Jan and brought in 3 City players before the DGW had even been decided, giving him Aguero for his mega run, and ends with his Lloris saving a penalty for a 10 pont haul last week despite Spurs conceding, whilst my captain Pogba misses one, meaning he's still comfortably beaten by Aguero (rival's captain) in one of his dry weeks. :roll: Of course, his newly-acquired TAA and Bennett go and beat my (superior) Robertson and Doherty too. This is after last week when 2 late goals for his Van Dijk eclipsed any gains I would have made from Mane's brace. Really don't know whether to :lol: or :cry:

Just checked our respective histories. Over the last 7 years, I've beaten my rival by an average of 163 points per season. This works out at a 30 point gain for every 7 week period. Over the last 7 weeks, he's beaten me by 91 points, so a 121 point adverse swing against expected. How crazy is that?

I find myself pretty much giving up now and just wishing the rest of the season away as fast as possible so i can make a fresh start on a new one. As it is, i think I'll try captaining players my rival doesn't have - like Hazard or Higuain - and hope for a smidgen of luck to come back my way.

shmiro
Treebeard

R_NZ RMT Blog

Post by shmiro »

Hi Ruth, would like to hear your opinion:

I’m going to bench boost this week and FH on GW32 (or wildcard, depends on the DGW fixtures).
I am currently 2 players short from a full, pretty good squad for this week, and 3 players short from a good 11 men squad for BGW31. Got 2FT

I want to replace Bednarek with a good prospect for the next 2 gameweeks (and a good gw33 won’t hurt, although less important). Currently considering fredricks/rice or Maguire/chilwell.
Already got fabianski and perreira in defence and 5.4 itb

The other FT will go to woodman=>boruc

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”