To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Let's catch up with Ville

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Re: Let's catch up with Ville

Post by Sutter Kane »

If he's free hitting GW31 then possibly one of those. But I think changing Hazard now is lunacy regardless. Zaha has been scoring lots of points lately.

Isn't there any maths that works involving removing Richarlison? How much was his bank balance before transfers, etc?

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

phrampton534 wrote: 02 Mar 2019, 07:50 I think he's done one of these:

Firmino -> Aguero & Hazard -> Anderson
Firmino -> Rashford & Balbuena -> Lascalles
Firmino -> Zaha & Bednarek -> TAA
Hazard -> Pogba & Firmino -> Barnes
Hazard -> Erikssen & Balbuena -> Lascalles
It wouldn't be like Ville to bring in a player who suits GW31 and a player who suits GW32. Pick one strategy or the other which is why none of those options make sense to me.

Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

Post by Archy »

Sutter Kane wrote: 01 Mar 2019, 18:47 Yes he's made some big mistakes but you can't have everyone and he's been massively over-punished. Many managers didn't have either or had them at the wrong times. That's the key to this game; you hope you have them at the right time most of the time. Captains then fall into place too. Your team's structure, injuries, etc lead you down a particular path and it's often very difficult, without multiple hits, to recover if it goes wrong.

Many of the top assets in the game have gone on runs of scintillating form this season and I doubt anyone has been fortunate enough to grab all of those runs. Well maybe that's why the top 10 are the top 10 this particular season. Next season a lot of those top 10 players will inevitably 'fall off a cliff' too. Ville won't though; he'll be there or there abouts taking into account the difficulty of the game now.
Agree with all this. And as someone who has missed the boat on all the big hauls this season through not having Aguero (and to a lesser extent Sterling / Salah) at the crucial times, I can certainly relate to his misfortune this year.

However. I also stand by what I was saying a couple of years ago in that I don’t think think Ville is anything special and I actually think our own Stemania is the better manager.

I think it would be great if Stem ran a thread explaining his strategy and planned moves each week.
Last edited by Archy on 02 Mar 2019, 08:21, edited 1 time in total.

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

Number 2 seems much the most logical transfer without knowing the ins and outs of chips and GWs.

phrampton534
Wideboy

Post by phrampton534 »

Sutter Kane wrote: 02 Mar 2019, 07:59
Isn't there any maths that works involving removing Richarlison? How much was his bank balance before transfers, etc?
I messed up the list and the one of the options should have been dropping Richarlison.

This is based on the following logic (and some possibly dodgy maths!!) When he made his 2 transfers his TV didn't drop which means I think it can only be 2 of these 6 he got rid off: Hamer, Bednarek, Balbuena, Hazard, Richarlison, Fraser, Firmino or Arnautovic

Last night his TV went up by 0.1 which means he must have brought in one (and only one of the following): Luka Milivojevic, Maddison, Alexander-Arnold, Aguero, Pogba or Lascelles

His bank went up after the transfers from 0.1 to 1.2 so he also freed up 1.1.

There was a line wrong in my list which should have had Richarlison in it. Should have been:

Richarlison -> Pogba and Firmino -> Barnes (or another 5.7 forward but realistically only Barnes is an option)

Which was one of the more likelier looking options?

hancockjr
Dumbledore

Post by hancockjr »

Richarlison -> Pogba and Firmino -> Barnes seems sensible enough

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Ville's magic touch..... the week he finally brings in Pogba he gets a negative score. :lol:

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 02 Mar 2019, 17:24 Ville's magic touch..... the week he finally brings in Pogba he gets a negative score. :lol:
Yeah but he's actually had an OK week. So some rough and smooth there. If Hazard(c) scores it'll be a huge week for him.

firebug
Wideboy

Post by firebug »

Guessing Villa grabs Son to Mane this game week, should enough to cover price rises.

AllesErobert
Wideboy

Post by AllesErobert »

Find it annoying, that some come here and brag how they are beating poor Ville and that he's not worth following etc. Season's not over yet.

AFAIK no one forces you to come here, this thread is not exactly beaming out there on social networks as well. If you want to start a new thread following Sutherns, McGettigan, Harrop, Carlsen etc. feel free to do so. I'm sure plenty would be interested myself included.

I have been following Ville for 3 seasons now and it has been great learning experience in the nuances of playing FPL.

hancockjr
Dumbledore

Post by hancockjr »

+1. Especially anyone who can't accurately compare 2 numbers to see who actually finished higher in a given season.

Bobby Fetta
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Bobby Fetta »

AllesErobert wrote: 05 Mar 2019, 10:07 Find it annoying, that some come here and brag how they are beating poor Ville and that he's not worth following etc. Season's not over yet.

AFAIK no one forces you to come here, this thread is not exactly beaming out there on social networks as well. If you want to start a new thread following Sutherns, McGettigan, Harrop, Carlsen etc. feel free to do so. I'm sure plenty would be interested myself included.

I have been following Ville for 3 seasons now and it has been great learning experience in the nuances of playing FPL.
Haha, I thought the same thing but never got round to posting it. Now picturing someone being forced to read this entire Ronka thread, Clockwork Orange style. Tracking the oscillation between "he's just lucky" to "his style no longer works" and back again through the gameweeks and seasons.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Bobby Fetta wrote:
AllesErobert wrote: 05 Mar 2019, 10:07 Find it annoying, that some come here and brag how they are beating poor Ville and that he's not worth following etc. Season's not over yet.

Haha, I thought the same thing but never got round to posting it. Now picturing someone being forced to read this entire Ronka thread, Clockwork Orange style. Tracking the oscillation between "he's just lucky" to "his style no longer works" and back again through the gameweeks and seasons.
The bizarre thing is that Billy Bongo isn't even correct in his bragging about his record over Ville.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

eastcentral1 wrote: 07 Mar 2019, 00:33 The bizarre thing is that Billy Bongo isn't even correct in his bragging about his record over Ville.
Billy Bongo not being correct about something isn't bizarre.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Dony Care, its no brag beating him despite his narrow win last win, far better players out there to follow this guy is past it

Sean Tobin for one, I'll follow him and learn, all Ronka does is follow an outdated formula his disciples cant see

Good luck

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

AllesErobert
Wideboy

Post by AllesErobert »

Sean Tobin is a good lad, very dedicated FPL player and always spot on with his eye test. Ideal blend of stat man as well as avid football watcher. Have the opportunity to talk to him for many years now and he really deserves more credit than he gets.

kammy.io
Kevin and Perry

Post by kammy.io »

Transfer made. Doherty to TAA most likely: https://kammy.io/team/829593

mandoncare
Treebeard

Post by mandoncare »

kammy.io wrote: 08 Mar 2019, 15:55 Transfer made. Doherty to TAA most likely: https://kammy.io/team/829593
Curious how is “confidence” calculated in your app Kammy..

kammy.io
Kevin and Perry

Post by kammy.io »

mandoncare wrote: 08 Mar 2019, 18:28
kammy.io wrote: 08 Mar 2019, 15:55 Transfer made. Doherty to TAA most likely: https://kammy.io/team/829593
Curious how is “confidence” calculated in your app Kammy..
It's weighted by total transfers in/out since the previous gameweek deadline. This doesn't always work brilliantly, but it's very simple and works well on average!

More complicated ideas would involve checking injury flags and the like. My hope is that we can approximate all of that by assuming that a player's "gameweek transfers out" count will be higher if they're inured.

phrampton534
Wideboy

Post by phrampton534 »

Given the TV drop I think it only can be Doherty -> TAA or Jiminez -> Zaha...

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

It's got to be TAA surely.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

I have a feeling that is going to backfire quite heavily.

phrampton534
Wideboy

Post by phrampton534 »

Must be Doherty -> TAA after Doherty dropped last night and his TV didn't. Looks like he's aiming for FH32 then? Will either need to swap Ederson/Hamer or go without a keeper. Currently got 8 outfield players that could play (Balbuena and Arnautovic are a little risky).

kammy.io
Kevin and Perry

Post by kammy.io »

2 transfers made (-4pts).

I fancy (Bednarek, Son) => (Pereira, Sigurdsson).

firebug
Wideboy

Post by firebug »

Sigurdsson again!

super_nachos

Post by super_nachos »

Maybe (Bednarek, Son) > (Luiz, Maddison)? He loves siggy but can’t see him bringing in siggy for chelsea 31 + arsenal 33.

kammy.io
Kevin and Perry

Post by kammy.io »

super_nachos wrote: 16 Mar 2019, 11:57 Maybe (Bednarek, Son) > (Luiz, Maddison)? He loves siggy but can’t see him bringing in siggy for chelsea 31 + arsenal 33.
I like this better!

lubo__
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: 50000

Post by lubo__ »

Is there a combination involving Jimenez > Wilson?

kammy.io
Kevin and Perry

Post by kammy.io »

lubo__ wrote: 16 Mar 2019, 13:28 Is there a combination involving Jimenez > Wilson?
Impossible that he's sold Jiménez by my maths.

firebug
Wideboy

Post by firebug »

Is Ville FHing this week or TCing?

Don't think he has made any transfers or activated chip yet unless I am mistaken.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”