To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

BFM's RMT

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Re: BFM's RMT

Post by Beerfuelledman »

jacksosi wrote: 04 Sep 2018, 23:07 You can hold off mitro for a week though as he’s at MCY, saving the hit
I'm 0.1m short of

Mkhitaryan :arrow: Billing
Mane :arrow: Hazard
Kamara :arrow: Mitrovic

GW6 Kante :arrow: Neves

Should get that 0.1m when Mane (100.6 currently) rises Weds night....

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

So really it’s a 4 point hit to get in Neves over Kante? That seems really not worth it unless I’m more missing something...what’s the motivation?

Neves comes up not great on your bubble chart.

I guess if you spread the 4 points across the 4 transfers it’s not a big deal

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight

Post by Beerfuelledman »

jacksosi wrote: 05 Sep 2018, 07:11 So really it’s a 4 point hit to get in Neves over Kante? That seems really not worth it unless I’m more missing something...what’s the motivation?
Thats probably a fair comment. The motivation was Richarlison out in GW5 and Ings out GW6 so I'm playing a bencher both games. Neves is the same as Kante but with more shots and pens. Perhaps I should go back and reconsider a straight Mane + Mkhi to Hazard & Maddison again.

Also A fit Cairney may be another option if priced out of Neves down the line..

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

Nope, that all makes sense now

...and I’ve also learned that Ings can’t play GW6 ta

Kante seems to be getting good press from the stats guys on here though

If you are lucky Stephens will drop giving you a 4.4 playing option

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Mane rising to 10m last night gives me the extra 0.1m I was waiting on whilst deciding what to do. I think Mitrovic is a great option but facing Man City and with a -4 to get him in or leave my squad reliant on 2 subs I don't think that's the way to go for me for now.

Ive been giving a little bit of thought to my Captaincy options for GW5. These are the defensive stats for the teams 2 of my Captains face. I actually thought the decision would be tough but it would appear there is a clear winner.

Fulham v Cardiff.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Presumably that's Cardiff on the left and Fulham on the right?

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 07 Sep 2018, 08:47 Presumably that's Cardiff on the left and Fulham on the right?
You would think wouldnt you? Its actually the other way around :shock:

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Well, great. I was on Kun anyway. :lol:
Surprising though, it's true.
So, what were your transfers in the end, you have made a triple move, right?

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight

Post by Beerfuelledman »

No, to get Mitro I was having to do Mane - Hazard & Mkhi to Billing which meant playing TWO of Billing, AWB, Kante in GW5 or take a hit for Mitro. Leicesters fixtures are pretty great so Im Mane :arrow: - Hazard & Mkhi :arrow: - Maddison. Ill play AWB against Huddersfield and bench Kante, I feel there more chance of a clean sheet there than attacking returns for Kante. What I would love to do now is Kante - Fraser. He would be ideal cover for TAA's tougher fixtures but Im 0.2m short and the only place I see funds I can release is with Ederson who seems happy enough if City win 3-1 and isnt getting the saves to earn boni. I quite like Ryan from GW8.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Ah, OK. Your linked team shows 3 transfers? Or maybe it's an old link? Spurs fan and an Irishman so I thought it must be you. :?

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Thats odd. Definately only two.

Untitled.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

:oops:
My mistake, it shows total 3 transfers, 2 this week.

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)
FS Record: 2011/12 - 212. 2019/20 - 222.
Altogether 6 top 10Ks. 8 top 20Ks. 9 top 50Ks.

Post by baganboy »

Beerfuelledman wrote: 07 Sep 2018, 11:06 Thats odd. Definately only two.

Untitled.png
Mkhiitaryan -> Maddison reminded me of Triggerlips' soundcloud podcast.

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight

Post by Beerfuelledman »

baganboy wrote: 07 Sep 2018, 14:27
Beerfuelledman wrote: 07 Sep 2018, 11:06 Thats odd. Definately only two.

Untitled.png
Mkhiitaryan -> Maddison reminded me of Triggerlips' soundcloud podcast.
Iv elistened to a couple of them but not the recent couple. What did it remind you of? I think the last one I heard was about panic transfers!!

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)
FS Record: 2011/12 - 212. 2019/20 - 222.
Altogether 6 top 10Ks. 8 top 20Ks. 9 top 50Ks.

Post by baganboy »

Yes yes it's about panic transfers.
And the eventual remedy that TriggerlipsBaba suggests is get drunk, do Mkhi - > Maddison, and go off to sleep.

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight

Post by Beerfuelledman »

AHa, Ill have to settle for do Mkhi - Maddison, get drunk and go to sleep :D :lol:

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Ive been doing some musing over the International break. I am beginning to believe Marco Silva has discovered someone pretty special in the 21yr old Richarlison who had 23pts in his first two GW's (and risen from 6.5m to 6.8m before being sent off in GW3.

WALCOTT!! cried the masses. He's banned for 3 games his price will plummett!! Walcotts will rise like a rocket!! etc. As it happens this came to pass with Richarlison having dropped back to 6.5m and Walcott up to 6.8m. It seems like a massive swing of 0.6m, but (and this is where I was musing) it isnt.

In a very unbeerfuelledlike fashion I decided to hold my ground. My "12th Man" Kante picked up 2pts to Walcotts 1pt and it looks like Walcott may miss out on GW5. With Richarlison scoring two goals and an assist in the Internationals interest in bringing him back for the (possibly) injured Walcott has to be growing. It would certainly have been what I personally would have intended.

And what of the "massive" price swing? If I had sold Richarlison for Walcott (Id be 1pt worse off pre GW5) I'd only be 0.1m better off (Walcott sells for 6.6m not having risen to 6.9m) and Richarlison is (currently) available for 6.5m BUT Id have lost 2 transfers (to bring Walcott in and to bring Richarlison back in).

So not the massive price swing I'd thought before I looked at it a little closer. Chalk one up to consideration of holding.

In other news, Droughton seems to have some inside knowledge on what I suspect about Mkhitaryan. Its been nice having the 2 transfers saved by not doing the Walcott "panic transfer" to alleviate that potential problem.

Moving forward, Im eyeing Mitrovic closely and Ederson is potentially the sacrificial lamb if needed. Not planning any further transfers until Fri 21st Sept.

Stu255
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stu255 »

I held onto Richarlison for duration of his ban and ditched Mkhitaryan instead.

So far I feel this was definitely the right move.

Richarlison is playing #9 for Brazil... yet in FPL-land he is a £6.5m midfielder? And people dropped him for (drumroll) Theo Walcott? MmmOkaaay.

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Decent week this week with 69 + 2 for Kante coming off bench for Mendy + Ings still to play.

Need to start thinking about where I go next. What Id really like is Fraser in for Kante but I only have 0.4m in the bank.
Other players in my thoughts are Jiminez in for Kamara, possibly funded by a Ederson to a 4.5m. Trippier is skating on thin ice too as Spurs dont seem to be at the races at the min. Am at a bit of a loss and Fraser will rise from 5.6m to 5.7m tonight.

What to do what to do...

Team for GW6 currently
GW6.png

Ironfist
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th

Post by Ironfist »

There is very little wrong with your team imho... Mendy is a worry, but only once we learn of his injury status and Kante is... well, a boring FPL prospect.
Seeing as you still have Salah, who is yet to find his feet this season, I see no reason - if you have the FTs - and go
Salah+Kante :arrow: Sterling+Fraser

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight

Post by Beerfuelledman »

I'm not ready to give up on Salah yet. I think that as more and more people look at Mane, think what they can do with the extra 3m around this a common WC time that Salah increases as a differential. Its a real judgement call, those hopping off may be making the right move its too early to tell. You're right on Mendy though - I think it would be wise to let Fraser rise and see what team Man City field on Weds V Lyon. Pep saying Mendy could be out for "Weeks or Days and maybe longer" isnt that clear....

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight

Post by Beerfuelledman »

This weeks musings have led me to considering the much lauded "Mo Salah vs No Salah" debate. I think part of the problem comes from the fact Salah hasnt had a major haul yet but he's still scoring well at 5.8pts per match and tops the polls for Shots, SiB and Pen box touches. I think we can all agree that there is a degree of streakyness about all players in that none are guaranteed to score in every game. I honestly feel Salah is one haul away from everyone panicking to get him back in. Mane is a player who has scored 140-160pts in the last 4 seasons yet this year is being touted as a 250pt player. Thats a little confusing. Whilst no means impossible Im on the side of believing it to be unlikely. I read a post on twitter that summed it up to me nicely and to paraphrase it was that until Kane starts firing there is no reason why we cant have Salah and Hazard. Maybe when Kane starts firing there will be a decision to be made.

This week I started focusing on the transfer I wanted (Kante :arrow: Fraser)(0.2m short) and moved on to focusing on the transfer(s) I needed.

Ings ineligible this week, AWB with a bad run coming up of 4 top 6 sides in a row and Kamara no longer making the bench I decided my subs bench was too below par. I had exactly the cash for

Kante :arrow: Stephens
Kamara :arrow: Jiminez.

so I did that. Other than his (freakish?) 8pt haul in GW1 Kante has reverted to a steady 2pt per game player. Stephens is equal to that. Had I waited until Monday I would have went Hojbjerg but hey-ho. Jiminez then is much, much, much more useful than Kamara. I could have just done Kante :arrow: Stephens and waited until next week (after Jiminez plays MUN) but I treated myself to a -4 first hit of the season to correct what I feel was not my best decision to go with such a weak bench. Seems perverse to take a hit for two players I intend to bench, but I am much more confident moving forward. Also, if Aguero/Mendy fail to feature I have coverage for them now.

Moving on, I am delighted to have Richarlison eligible again, Everton have been a different team when he plays and his appearance as No 9 for Brazil is encouraging with Tosun being toilet and Bernard starting to feature he could well become OOP.

Ederson
Trippier Mendy, TAA, AWB, Alonso
Salah, Hazard, Richarlison, Maddison
Aguero

Hamer, Jiminez , Stephens, Ings

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight

Post by Beerfuelledman »

I make that 76pts (-4) for this week which should hopefully be another green arrow.
GWhist.png
The injury to Stephens prompted me to make an early transfer to a player I should have gotten in the first place - Hojbjerg who was 99% of the way to a rise to 4.5m and out of my affordable price range. I'm content to give Mendy another week, I know he's dropping in value but I have a good enough bench to cover him and Id likely want him back as soon as fit anyway. It would be good to have some news though. I have a bit of a benching dilemma for GW7 with only Hojbjerg assured of a place on the bench. TAA has Chelsea but is on set pieces and may still have an assist threat if not a clean sheet one. Mendy has to start against Brighton in my team and can swap out for someone if still injured. This means I have to select two for the bench from:-

Ederson
Trippier,
Mendy, TAA, AWB, Alonso
Salah, Hazard, Richarlison, Maddison
Aguero Jiminez, Ings

Hamer, :?: , :?: , Hojbjerg,

Jiminez has the home advantage but we know Ings is on Penalties. AWB is the gift that keeps giving and if its the Bournemouth team that faced Burnley could be another 9pointer. It could however, be the Bournemouth team that faced Leicester. Current thoughts are two of Jiminez, Ings, AWB on the bench in the knowledge one will likely come on for Mendy.

I would be greatful for any pearls of wisdom.

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight

Post by Beerfuelledman »

One more match to go this GW but Im all out for 65pts. I cuurently have an OR of 24k and with Fraser/Wilson/Zaha/AWB to play tonight I expect that to drop a bit - hopefully not beyond 30k.

It feels like a transitional time in FPL, Mendy still not back, Salah not quite producing last years form, Kane starting to fire - a good time for those still with a Wildcard to start considering how they'd like to move forward.

Moving into GW 8 - Im sitting with 1 x FT and a team of

Ederson
Trippier TAA AWB Alonso
Salah Hazard Richarlison Maddison
Aguero Jiminez

Hamer Mendy Ings Hojbjerg

Mendys continued absence is a pain in the ass. If I sell him I get 6.1m. A lot of my mini league rivals went Laporte but I f I do that I cant get Mendy back at 6.3m without sacrificing somewhere. I think the wisest course is to forgo the Liverpool game and hope he's back after the 2nd International break on 20th Oct.

Elsewhere I see people moving on Salah still, which isnt likely to stop with Man City up after that - another drop seems possible. Still Im looking at the fixture run after Man City and it seems quite nice? Kane is attracting a swathe of interest and whilst I love the man I cant quite see how is is value at 1.3m over Aguero. Sterling is attracting interest too, though without a WC I'm not sure he can make my team without sacrificing Salah or Hazard.

Moving forward I am struggling with the notion that the template is changing and I may need to move or get left behind. Sometimes the hardest thing of all to do - is nothing.

Stu255
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stu255 »

Beerfuelledman wrote: 01 Oct 2018, 10:06 Moving forward I am struggling with the notion that the template is changing and I may need to move or get left behind. Sometimes the hardest thing of all to do - is nothing.
That's interesting, after a terrible start and a merry-go-round of disappointments in my midfield, I currently have...

Mane, Hazard, Maddison
Aguero, Kane

...as the core. Plan to keep this for next two weeks then...
Kane :arrow: Vardy
Mane :arrow: Salah

Salah, Hazard, Maddison
Aguero, Vardy

Looking ahead I see a few strings of games to HOHO Salah and Kane as follows...

GW7 - 9 = Kane (hud, CAR, whu)
GW10 - 15 = Salah (CAR, ars, FUL, wat, EVE, bur)
GW17 - 27 = Kane (BUR, eve, BOU, WOL, car, MNU, ful, WAT, NEW, LEI, bur)
GW28 - 32 = Salah (WAT, eve, BUR, ful)

This is possible because Leicester and Liverpool fixtures line up so neatly.
So I can switch between Kane + Mane :arrow: Vardy + Salah. This strategy will likely require some hits, but I think because this will determine the captaincy it is worth the hits.

I think Kane's current 3x fixtures are an easy haul, but GW17-27 looks amazing for him as that's when Spurs catch up on all the home games they missed by sharing Wembley with NFL through October. Spurs have a streak where 7 of 10 matches will be home games and easy ones too.

If Aguero breaks then I think it's an easy trade for Jesus, whoever is playing at the spearhead of that City team gets a shot every 10-15 minutes no matter who they are playing against.

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight

Post by Beerfuelledman »

The only thing about formulating an elongated HOHO strategy is that you can't predict performance based price changes. So spare cash (0.5m+) will be possibly/probably be needed to pay for it.

I have an option of Ederson to a 4.5m maybe but then I have no City defence in a mini league where my rivals have 2.

rsn80
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: 1600

Post by rsn80 »

HOHO

what mean HOHO..

can u help me...

tq

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight

Post by Beerfuelledman »

"Hop On - Hop Off" Like Aguero GW7, Kane GW8, Aguero GW9&10 etc.

rsn80
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: 1600

Post by rsn80 »

tq mr..

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Current musings for over the next 3/GWs...

Ederson :arrow: 4.5m
Hamer
Trippier
TAA
AWB
Alonso
Mendy :arrow: Bennett
Salah
Hazard
Richarlison OR
Maddison :arrow: KdB
Hojbjerg