To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

RMT djskope

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
djskope
Red & Blue Braces

RMT djskope

Post by djskope »

I do however think that 10m is far too much to spend on your keepers, and must be to the detriment of your team elsewhere?
Well it's only my 2nd season and I am still learning so you could well be right - time will tell.

Here is my draft squad for the first Gameweek - it's not perfection but I think it's hopefully above average.
Notes:
Can't afford Aguero at 13mil until perhaps later. I will mostly play 3-4-3.
And yes, I know I do have 0.5 spare (to allow more flexibility for transfers in GW2)

*Mid-priced keeper and his understudy
*Two x 4.5m to rotate
*Premium keeper and a non playing sub

They are the three most viable options when selecting your keepers in my opinion, in that order of preference for me.
So, in addition to your 3 viable GK options I think I am suggesting a 4th i.e. *Premium keeper and a *playing* sub

These option's respective prices are I guess
a) 9.5 m
b) 9 m
c) 9.5 m
and my option d) 10 m

There's not much difference in overall cost and I think the potential benefits and flexibility of d) are worth spending a measly *1/200th of your available budget* on in terms of the returns that it can bring (to put it in perspective). We should do a comparison at the end of the season. Like you said there is no right or wrong answer as to which approach is best at this moment - only hindsight will tell.

And scoregasms - thanks for your input. My unscientific gut-feeling is that you were unlucky on that occasion (it is FPL!). Most of the time it will pay off given similar fixtures like the example I gave earlier.
Last edited by djskope on 17 Jul 2015, 07:46, edited 1 time in total.

djskope
Red & Blue Braces

Re: Leicester's 1st choice GK - Ben Hamer or Kasper Schmeichel? / GK strategy

Post by djskope »

Oh - for the sake of easier comparison of accrued GK points in week 12, we should perhaps state the two keepers we will chose now, at this pre-season point.

Let's say I will be choosing favourable fixtures to rotate -

De Gea and Myhill £10m (option d)

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

In all honesty, I think you've gone too big on your keepers and defence, and your midfield looks weak as a result.

Personally I would downgrade one of your keepers and Jagielka (awful fixtures after the first week, and four defenders over 5m is excessive; too much money benched) and use the saving to upgrade Walters. Will improve the balance and flexibility of your team no end.

Again, don't mean to come across as critical, just some friendly advice.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

djskope wrote:Oh - for the sake of easier comparison of accrued GK points in week 12, we should perhaps state the two keepers we will chose now, at this pre-season point.

Let's say I will be choosing favourable fixtures to rotate -

De Gea and Myhill £10m (option d)
It's about what you can do with the money elsewhere though mate.

Every chance your keepers will outscore mine when looked at in isolation, but does De Gea/Myhill/Walters outscore 4.5/4/8.5? I can't see it.

djskope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by djskope »

I think you've gone too big on your keepers and defence, and your midfield looks weak as a result.
Personally I would downgrade one of your keepers and Jagielka (awful fixtures after the first week, and four defenders over 5m is excessive; too much money benched) and use the saving to upgrade Walters. Will improve the balance and flexibility of your team no end.
Again, don't mean to come across as critical, just some friendly advice.
Thanks for the helpful feedback on my team Notned - I agree with almost everything you said (still gonna keep my keepers for experiment tho!)
Regarding Jagielka - I didn't really look ahead at fixtures for any of my team yet so didn't see Everton's month ahead.

So I have traded out..

Jagielka, Walters and Puncheon
for
Yoshida, Mane and Schniederlin

I think this definitely strengthens my squad plus the 3 newcomers have a much better points potential for the early fixtures.

Every chance your keepers will outscore mine when looked at in isolation, but does De Gea/Myhill/Walters outscore 4.5/4/8.5? I can't see it.
I didn't mean that we should directly compare the points between 2 playing keepers (mine) against 1 playing and 1 non-playing keeper (yours). That would definitely be unfair!

More to compare the tally of the score of my single chosen rotated keeper per gameweek against the tally of your Mid-priced keeper and his understudy, if that makes sense. This could be added up after 12 weeks and at end of season to give a slightly more scientific indication of which strategy gave best rewards.

Finally, I didn't understand the last bit of your last post "does De Gea/Myhill/Walters outscore 4.5/4/8.5?"

4.5 + 4 + 8.5 = 17 million
whereas
the value of my De Gea/Myhill/Walters =
5.5 + 4.5 + 6 = 16 million

so it was not really comparing like for like as I understand it. Typo?

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Yeah sorry, just bad maths/ concentration on my part!

Your new team looks much better. I still question the value in spending the extra on the keepers (a little saving here could get you a fourth mid with better attacking potential than Schneiderlin :wink: ), but that is very much down to personal preference, and is something which you seem set on so I won't push the point any further. All the best for the coming season, my friend!

djskope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by djskope »

Well thank you for finally getting through to me!

I have looked a bit deeper into the first few fixtures and changed keepers from

De Gea and Myhill (5.5 + 4.5)
to
Schmeichel and Ruddy (4.5 + 4.5)

This new GK combo can rotate to give better points potential due to fair opening fixtures.
a little saving here could get you a fourth mid with better attacking potential than Schneiderlin
Also the spare 1.0 should give me the option of bringing in both the high PPG scoring Siggy and Chadli after their tough GW1 away matches to Chelsea and Man U (unless Mane or Schniedelin have great starts).

Thanks for helping out with my team.. all the best for your season too mate!

djskope
Red & Blue Braces

Re: RMT djskope / Valentines Day hangover - GW27 wildcard help pls!

Post by djskope »

Hi all!

In a moment of beer fueled FPLrage at around 1 a.m. last night I said "sod this ever-impending DGW!" and played my wildcard.

Woke up this morning thinking, "What have I done!" :shock:

I do remember it felt sooo good clicking that button at the time though :lol:

I have a reasonably decent team value 0f 108.1 with an additional 0.4m in the bank (took a truckload of hits to build up value in the first half of the season)

Unfortunately I am sitting 4 from the bottom of my mini league.

What do you think of this wildcarded team? (screenshot below)

Are there any imminent pitfalls I have overlooked? Is my actual selection ok?

Your feedback is most welcome - I seem to be having a mare this year with an uncanny ability to pick the lowest scoring Captain, amongst my regular transfer disasters such as Pedro, Pelle, Mane, Ward, Moreno and Baines over the season :| It dawns on me that I have a whole week to make the best of this situation.

Thanks a bunch!

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Re: RMT djskope

Post by fred1266 »

looks good but you would have a nightmare with such a strong 8 since one would have to miss out

only concern is i would not have Sanchez at the moment until he his form

djskope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by djskope »

Thanks Fred - I hear what your saying. It's a nice problem to have, caused by a slight surplus of cash (108.6m) which I want to fully utilize.

My thinking is that usually, one of my front 8 has a not so great fixture so can be benched (even though that is cue for a haul!)

And I know Sanchez has been quiet for the last 4 GWs, but as cesc408 mentioned in the Sanchez thread, nobody else seems to jump out. Plus I think Sanchez is due an explosion very soon - he's just too good! On the other hand, I am now thinking that pricey Pedro is looking sharp and could get an OOP run in great fixtures for Chelsea.
djskope wrote:
eastcentral1 wrote:
djskope wrote:
cesc408 wrote:Problem is nobody else jumps out
Same here - a phat 11 mill and with De Bruyne out I'm not sure who else in the same price bracket has the form and fixtures (imminent blanks) right now to replace; I think the surplus money would just sitting there. So I think I'm holding even though I now have my wildcard in play. Suggestions for anybody I've overlooked welcome.. or bring on the overdue explosions!
Why do they have to be in the same price bracket? Alli, Eriksen, Sigurdsson, for example, all look like better picks right now.
Well I'm pretty happy with the rest of my active wildcard squad and their immediate fixtures so I just don't like the idea of several million hard-earned squid sitting there doing nothing. But thanks for the ideas - maybe I'll go back to Eriksen or Siggy or maybe even Pedro who looked very sharp and OOP this weekend. Trouble is all 3 of them have burnt me already this season (esp Pedro!). The experiences were so traumatic I must have pushed them to the back of my mind! :)

djskope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by djskope »

Hello all,

My 3 x playing defenders all have horrible fixtures this GW and will probably blank.

Not sure whether to play my AoA this week or not. Any advice please?

Ironfist
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th

Post by Ironfist »

No. Don't waste you AoA on this as all you do is still play 2 out of 3 crappy fixtures only to add Redmond and lose that chip.
It's not too bad as defences are very unpredictable this season.
As a side note... Redmond might be a better bet than Allen.

djskope
Red & Blue Braces

RMT djskope - WC into GW3 2020

Post by djskope »

Hi all,

I found myself about to take a scary -12 (for very good incoming prospects with TV rising tonight)

Auba --> Son TOT
St Maxim --> James Rod EVE
Holding --> Saiss WOL
Lamptey --> James CHE

but just realized it might be better to WC

I would welcome any help as it feels a bit early? Or is it better to take the -12?

Or any suggestions for alternatives?
FPL djskope before and proposed GW3 2020 WC.jpg
Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

djskope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by djskope »

I could go Anguissa FUL 4.5 instead of Podence WOL 5.5 for allowing a switch straight back to Vardy LEI 10.5 if I need to,
otherwise will be priced out of getting him back in.
Is the flexibility worth it for the lower ceiling?

djskope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by djskope »

This is the wildcard team i settled on.. just thinking about bringing in Kepa !??

Besides the campaign against him, wba/CRY/SOU if he keeps his place?
FPL djskope wildcard played GW3 2020 WC.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

You seem to be betting against Man City. That’s brave

djskope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by djskope »

Thanks for the feedback Smurphy.. perhaps I like the feel of having flexibility too much ;)

As contingency I have left 2.1 million in the bank so I can easily jump from Zaha (who has hard Chelsea away fixture next) to Mahrez for Leeds away if City explode with hatties.

Or Podence to Foden (and many other choices from other teams)

Didn't want to commit to City before I see how they line-up first.

Have a feeling the either of Mahrez or Folden could be a cost-effective points machine this season - especially if they get nailed

djskope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by djskope »

Hi all!

I'm about to settle on this wildcard team for the run-in
Screenshot_2021-05-13-23-06-59-131_com.homemade.ffm2.adfree.jpg
Lining up like this:
Screenshot_2021-05-13-22-56-54-881_com.homemade.ffm2.adfree.jpg
Please shout - maybe improvements in bench order? or maybe Bamford or JWP in? (But for who?)

Many Thanks!

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

how WC go mate

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”