To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Cakey's

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
cakey
Treebeard

Re: Cakey's - Took an absolute Kaning. (GW20)

Post by cakey »

Would look like
Screen Shot 2015-01-04 at 4.32.53 PM.png
The uncertainty of other midfielders is leaning me into Fabregas.

Good point about GW 27. But equally that means a very tasty DGW. Also all teams will be affected by Kane/Hazard. Boyd at homes to Swansea isn't such a bad option. And the defence covers Terry. Probably means a hop on/off of Fabregas. Chelsea have Westham/Soton next 2, City have Burnley Leicester for example. Similarly for Eriksen :arrow: Walcott/Ozil/Cazorla and their respective fixtures.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cakey
Treebeard

Post by cakey »

Screen Shot 2015-01-05 at 11.01.11 PM.png
What do I even spend my money on?

Perhaps Foster :arrow: Hart and Keane :arrow: Wisdom
Perhaps Siggy :arrow: Eriksen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Siggy :arrow: Eriksen looks a good option.

Or upgrade Barnes to someone like Austin for a slightly stronger bench option?

Neither of these are a necessity though, looks good to go with or without either of those options. (Although I would personally prefer Eriksen to Siggy, could I afford it- at least in the short term).

Just because you have the money doesn't mean you have to spend it. Could come in useful at a later date.

cakey
Treebeard

Post by cakey »

My current predicament is do I bench Siggy or Downing?

cakey
Treebeard

Re: Cakey's - Costa lotta points... (GW22)

Post by cakey »

So two weeks of updates needed.

Did Baines :arrow: Vertoghen and Azpi :arrow: Terry for GW21, then rolled the transfer over for GW22.

Vertoghen would have been inspired had I actually played him for his goal today! I feel I've been pretty lucky with the Azpi transfer too.

Two green arrows brings me to my best position of the year at 2403.

This is the current team:
Screen Shot 2015-01-19 at 8.44.08 PM.png
Looking at a handful of players:

Bellerin, Baird, PvA, Krul/Pant/Guzan/Foster, Elia, Cazorla, Eriksen, Bojan, Ayoze, Fabregas, Aguero.

Thinking of Siggy :arrow: Cazorla, Cresswell :arrow: Bellerin, and save my wildcard for GW24.

Possible wildcard:
Screen Shot 2015-01-19 at 8.36.51 PM.png
Thoughts?

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Wildcard team looks very strong. Big benching dilemma every week though, particularly if Elia hits prolonged form during Southampton's good fixtures.

cakey
Treebeard

Post by cakey »

Costa' s antics have made my wildcard much easier as which 3 chelsea players to have was my main decision to make.

Now who to replace with. I'm wildcarding next week where I'm likely to remove Austin.
The question is who do I fancy more - Ground for a triple arsenal treat or Aguero. It's basically a one week punt as both will likely end up in my wildcard anyway.

cakey
Treebeard

Re: Cakey's - Santi Claus(orla)!... (Into GW24 WC)

Post by cakey »

Green arrow up to r1571.

My transfers for GW 23 were:

Siggy :arrow: Cazorla
Costa :arrow: Giroud

Clearly very good transfers. But it's interesting - Before the costa Red, I had my eyes on shipping Cresswell for Bellerin/PvA. So really a bit of a wash.

Anyway. Into GW24. Finally activated my WC:

Elliot :arrow: Myhill
Hart :arrow: Foster
Cresswell :arrow: PvA
Vertoghen :arrow: Wisdom (I did end up regretting losing the value on him)
Austin :arrow: Aguero.

Current team looks like:
Screen Shot 2015-02-01 at 2.28.55 PM.png
Working out what to do with Downing and Bertrand.
No real idea. The obvious is Clyne. I would love to bring in Bellerin, but who would I drop?

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

cakey wrote:Green arrow up to r1571.

My transfers for GW 23 were:

Siggy :arrow: Cazorla
Costa :arrow: Giroud

Clearly very good transfers. But it's interesting - Before the costa Red, I had my eyes on shipping Cresswell for Bellerin/PvA. So really a bit of a wash.

Anyway. Into GW24. Finally activated my WC:

Elliot :arrow: Myhill
Hart :arrow: Foster
Cresswell :arrow: PvA
Vertoghen :arrow: Wisdom (I did end up regretting losing the value on him)
Austin :arrow: Aguero.

Current team looks like:
Screen Shot 2015-02-01 at 2.28.55 PM.png
Working out what to do with Downing and Bertrand.
No real idea. The obvious is Clyne. I would love to bring in Bellerin, but who would I drop?
Straight swap, Bellerin for Hutton?

Or downgrade Downing and bring in Koscielny?

Or as you say, simple switch to Clyne.

cakey
Treebeard

Post by cakey »

I already have 3 Arsenal players :) That's the issue!

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

cakey wrote:I already have 3 Arsenal players :) That's the issue!
Not sure how I missed that one :oops: Let's just put it down to being late on a Sunday night...

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I'd just downgrade Downing to someone near base price and use the money saved on another starting defender in place of say Hutton. No point wasting it on the bench.

And maybe even terry to Ivan too.

Sideways sothampton seems the obvious move with Bertrand.

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Douglas Reynholm »

Stemania wrote:I'd just downgrade Downing to someone near base price and use the money saved on another starting defender in place of say Hutton. No point wasting it on the bench.

And maybe even terry to Ivan too.

Sideways sothampton seems the obvious move with Bertrand.
What terrible advice, there's every point in him spending on the bench as in GW27 three of his biggest point scorers will be benched and he is strong everywhere else to absorb that while others around him will struggle.

Do you suggest he brings in Alex Bruce, Albrighton or the mighty Boyd so they can stink out his team in GW27 and score 2 points each (if they play) when a lot of players are handicapped due to already having plenty of Chelsea and Spurs players who they can't sell?

Downing is certainly not a player you want to be losing right now with Palace at home in GW27, he could be one of the players of the GW.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Colback is 1.1m less and plays Villa that week.

I'm not sure who you'd get as the defender though, you could afford Jones anyway, and you can't bring in an Arsenal one due to the player limit.
Last edited by Carlos Kickaball on 04 Feb 2015, 09:48, edited 1 time in total.

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

Carlos Kickaball wrote:Colback is 1.1m less and plays Villa that week.
Instead of who? Downing? Colback is 1.1m less for a reason I guess.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Yeah, it depends if he can spend 1.1m around his team for those 3-4 weeks more effectively.

Personally I'm struggling to see who the decent defender who doesn't play for Chelsea or Arsenal is. He could afford Jones anyway.

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

He would only need to sort Bertrand and Hutton out IMO as he will play Terry every week and Sunderland/West Brom will fill the other slot, both have decent enough fixtures.

I wouldn't be changing that midfield who will probably get him through 27 in fine style and he could easily bench Downing with his 4 premium midfielders and 3 strong strikers while still having Terry, Sunderland/West Brom and AN Other which makes him retain the strength of his side.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

:lol:

Good work Hans - you think 2.4m over base price (1.8 for cakey) is a good investment for one game? You wouldn't play him any other game:

Gameweek 24 Man Utd (H)
Gameweek 25 Southampton (A)
Gameweek 26 Spurs (A)
Gameweek 27 Crystal Palace (H)
Gameweek 28 Chelsea (H)
Gameweek 29 Arsenal (A)

How about say, one transfer in GW27 to get a player in, or just a cheapie witth a good fixture Sammy Ameobi/Colback (VIL), Boyd (SWA)?

Or if you want to spend money on the bench (which I wouldn't) then Moses/Walters (HUL) are a million times better picks than Downing for 1.4m cheaper (0.8 for cakey). As is Puncheon for 1m cheaper (0.4m for cakey), or a Soton mid (wba) - better fixtures, in form.

Downing is just about the worst backup midfielder possible. Nice advice. :lol:
Last edited by Stemania on 04 Feb 2015, 10:21, edited 1 time in total.

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

Yes because only GW28 and 29 are really difficult for West Ham who have proved they are no pushovers this year, having Colback or any other of last week's scorers for a nice fixture against Villa means nothing because he has proved to be a bog standard fantasy player this year while Downing is in the top 5 or 6 midfielders in the game for under 7m who offers him flexibility which is crucial for GW27.

His midfield is secure as are his strikers so the extra money will not improve his defence by much but downgrading a key player for 27 in favour of the duds you suggest.

Again, shocking advice from the self appointed chairman of the template comittee, resign now.

Ameobi lol
Last edited by Douglas Reynholm on 04 Feb 2015, 10:26, edited 1 time in total.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Douglas Reynholm wrote:Yes because only GW28 and 29 are really difficult for West Ham
Yet, looking at the rest of the squad, would you play him in any other game than GW27? No.

Southampton away has proved a zinger of a fixture this year I must agree. United have lost two games away all season, and one was City.

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

Stemania wrote:
Douglas Reynholm wrote:Yes because only GW28 and 29 are really difficult for West Ham
Yet, looking at the rest of the squad, would you play him in any other game? No.

Southampton away has proved a zinger of a fixture this year I must agree. United have lost two games away all season, and one was City.

He may, one of his players may miss out like Sanchez did this week, doesn't hurt to play the long game instead of being short sighted as I appreciated this week with Kane's 13 points for an injured attacker, Sanchez could miss the next 2 and he may want to ride it out, he may not fancy Kane in a game.

GW27 is not the time to be loading up with solid 2 pointers, most people are concentrating on the double weeks which will be a massive anti climax because everyone will have the same double players, GW27 is where there are the points and leaps to be made as most players will be carrying a lot of Chelsea and Spurs players who they can not sell.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Douglas Reynholm wrote:GW27 is not the time to be loading up with solid 2 pointers.
You want solid 1 pointers, like a Burnley defensive semi block. :lol: :wink:

Or Victor Moses. :oops:

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

Burnley are at home to Swansea that week, if they are gonna keep a clean sheet, that is the game it will happen.

Keep the faith with Moses mate, he's better than Kane. :D

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

The defenders already provide adequate cover in case of injury to Sanchez

Terry (avl, EVE, BUR)
PVA (swa, QPR, WBA)
Wisdom (bur, SWA, sun)
Southampton (qpr, WHU, LIV)
5th defender (?, ?, ?)

Why be so melodramatic? Loading up with 2 pointers? Our advice is exactly the same except you'd go Downing/cheap def and leave downing on the bench most weeks, I'd go cheapie/good def and leave the cheap midfielder on the bench most weeks. :lol:

Downing in for GW27 is one transfer if really necessary.
Douglas Reynholm wrote:Burnley are at home to Swansea that week, if they are gonna keep a clean sheet, that is the game it will happen.
So Boyd will get 3 points not 2 then. :lol:
Last edited by Stemania on 04 Feb 2015, 10:46, edited 1 time in total.

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

That looks a bit like Boyd actually. :lol:

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Well, Moses must be alright, because I played him this week, where as you left Kane on your bench for a 10+ point haul AGAIN... at least this time you remembered to actually put him first sub, rather than behind Boyd like in GW20.

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

You must have me mixed up with someone else as don't recall discussing my plans with anyone and have no intention of doing so in the future for obvious reasons.

What have you done with your strong team by the way? Was you drunk?

All credit to you for the first part of the season but are you expecting that lot to maintain it for the next 15 weeks? Smells of regression coming up to me.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Well done on your good week, but I think you are expecting a bit much, if you think I'll regress so much that you can catch up a 107 point deficit. :wink:

Lets not ruin Cakey's RMT though, you should set one up Gunner, then talking about your team would be on topic. :D

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

You scored 70, I got 84, if that pattern continues in the next 15 weeks you won't be ahead although why you think I'm interested in beating you is another matter, all I care about is £200 with Cibbits and £130 in my money league which I am in strong positions in both, wanting to be ahead of some Internet superbore is not my motivation.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”